Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 3, 2009 9:39 PM

Apr 2009
ichikiba said:
TomoyoSakagami said:
Seems the fishman was a friend of arlong,

Arlong, and many of the members of his own pirate crew, were all part of the Sunny Pirates.

And, I'm not 100% sure that he's mad at Luffy over that. He may be thinking of going after Arlong for the things he did. As far as I could tell, what exactly Jimbei was thinking is ambiguous. Either Luffy or Arlong is going to have a ticked off whale shark on their butt. But, then again, I read the One Manga scan, and Hayato said there may be problem with that. But, how do you know which is right?

The thing with Jimbei was all that really interested me. The prisoners on the boat aren't too bright. The whole "Gasp! This guy is related to this guy" thing is getting a little old. It's already been done with Luffy alone several times. Overall, it was an okay chapter.
Two words:

Jul 4, 2009 12:23 AM

Jan 2008
Hayato_kun said:
ichikiba said:
TomoyoSakagami said:
Seems the fishman was a friend of arlong,

Arlong, and many of the members of his own pirate crew, were all part of the Sunny Pirates.

And, I'm not 100% sure that he's mad at Luffy over that. He may be thinking of going after Arlong for the things he did. As far as I could tell, what exactly Jimbei was thinking is ambiguous. Either Luffy or Arlong is going to have a ticked off whale shark on their butt. But, then again, I read the One Manga scan, and Hayato said there may be problem with that. But, how do you know which is right?

The thing with Jimbei was all that really interested me. The prisoners on the boat aren't too bright. The whole "Gasp! This guy is related to this guy" thing is getting a little old. It's already been done with Luffy alone several times. Overall, it was an okay chapter.
Two words:

It's pretty much speculation, but given that the HM version came out a day early, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they rushed it and didn't do it accurately. To be honest, I never fully trust the accuracy of fan translations. Still, I do think that the BT scan version of Jimbei's dialogue better fits his character, so, again, I'm inclined to agree that it's more accurate. At the very least, they seem to understand the character better.
D&D Club

Because my sig making skills are non-existant.
Jul 4, 2009 5:14 AM
Mar 2008
Oh my god, lol. Buggy didn't do a thing, and they're calling him one of the masterminds brwahahahahahahahaaaah~

It's like saying snails are fast because they beat the hare, lool hahahahahaha~
Jul 5, 2009 12:07 AM
May 2009
Ace... comon faster you boats, and I say boats because of the probably thousands of others mobilizing to take advantage or participate in the said war.
I wonder how Buggy's new reputation is going to play out and just how much Luffy's and his bounties will go up XP
Should be awesome.
Jul 5, 2009 1:40 AM
Mar 2009
epic chapter wonder is infront of ace also what will happen if luffy and new crew get in the middle of whitebeard and the marine war .....
Jul 5, 2009 5:11 AM

Dec 2008
I started to doubt whether Bon Clay really died. His death was ridiculed by Buggy and I believe that Oda wouldn't ever allow it if he really died. Also, Luffy says that we can't be sure that he is dead, and usually Luffy's insticts are very accurate.

Seems like Franky's page story is over, I wonder who comes next. I hope it's Usopp!
Jul 5, 2009 9:11 PM

Jan 2008
Henna said:
I started to doubt whether Bon Clay really died. His death was ridiculed by Buggy and I believe that Oda wouldn't ever allow it if he really died. Also, Luffy says that we can't be sure that he is dead, and usually Luffy's insticts are very accurate.

I can handle Bon not dying, because he did sacrifice his freedom, which is just as significant. I just wish Oda hadn't thrown in that little memorial poem to make it look like Bon was going to die.

It wouldn't surprise me if Oda allowed Buggy to mock Bon's death. Buggy is still as much of a villian as he ever was. Besides, Crocodile openly mocked the citizens and soldiers of Alabasta for killing one another.
D&D Club

Because my sig making skills are non-existant.
Jul 6, 2009 6:09 AM

May 2007
Like I said previously, the way Oda has set himself up, the first death (if he ever shows one) that he does will be such a huge event, that it will once again change the outlook on the entire plot of the story.
Jul 8, 2009 9:44 AM

Jan 2009
Since the epic breakout, I've been in huge suspense of the pirates getting to marine HQ. Buggy was an apprentice of the gold roger pirates?? I couldn't believe it either. Bon Clay's situation is rather sad, you think he'd be killed right there but he just might of been thown in a cell.. or the blackbeard pirates intervene at the last second and save his life.
Jul 8, 2009 11:21 PM

Feb 2008
LOL! Really a great transition chapter. And who would have thought that Buggy also had a humble side? But it was beaten by the dreams!! XD LOL!

No OP next week is kinda sad...
Jul 9, 2009 12:46 AM

Aug 2007
This was a good chapter. "THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER."

This was a good chapter. It should only get better now.

This is always funny to see in a current manga chapter discussion.
Jul 11, 2009 9:46 AM

Jul 2008
Woah, Shiryuu joining Blackbeard, that was actually making a lot of sense. He'd fit in rather nicely. And still can't believe Crocodile is with Luffy and the other escapees, but darn that's one badass character to have around.

lol What a conversation is right! Oh Buggy, I like how the marines somehow manage to make him shine here. haha Even I didn't realize Buggy could have been that big on association alone. Luffy, well, by association he's by far has it at its most ridiculous.

And the flashback of the Ace-Luffy brotherly moment, wish I could see more of that.
Only 3 hours.. it's a loooong wait for the next installment, however. It's getting pretty good.

~ ꜰᴏʀᴜᴍ ꜱᴇᴛ ʙʏ ꜰᴜᴡᴀꜰᴜᴡᴀ ꜱᴀɴᴄᴛᴜᴀʀʏ ~
Jul 13, 2009 5:15 AM

Oct 2007
Drunk_Samurai said:
"THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER."

What is even beyond the chapter when there's only this current chapter?
Jul 13, 2009 5:24 AM

Jun 2007
Sure it doesn't make sense when discussing the latest chapter, but for all the previous chapters it makes perfect sense. So people won't spoil in the chapter 548 topic what happens in chapter 549.
Jul 15, 2009 11:17 AM

Jul 2008
phew so after the two islands now thy are goign to take down the last one? xD

Jul 18, 2009 10:25 PM

Jul 2008
buggy is getting way over his head, take whitebeard's head indeed, like thats ever going to happen
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Sep 29, 2010 10:20 PM

Oct 2008
Oh god, Buggy. You crack me up. xD
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 9, 2017 2:15 AM

Mar 2008
Buggy is hilarious.. and that last page was very powerful.
Dec 24, 2017 1:47 PM

Feb 2013
Buggy knows how to make himself look badass.
Dec 25, 2017 11:00 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Buggy has a great past, and this chapter was hilarious thanks to him!!!
Jul 7, 2020 12:50 PM

Jun 2017
Buggy is one true pirate!😂 A real bluffer and a user!

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jan 15, 2021 4:13 PM
May 2020
Ugh, I can't believe all those guys ALL survived Magellan's poison! But, it is great how Buggy takes advantage of the horrible news that his infamous backstory of being a cabin boy on GOL D. ROGER's ship to make himself seem like a god to all the more powerful escaped prisoners. Alas, the time for the tears to flow like waterfalls approaches as Ace mounts the execution platform...
May 28, 2022 11:34 AM

Mar 2021
Oh boy... finally reading one of the most beloved arcs in animanga history. I'm keeping my expectations in check, but the hype can't be suppressed!

Oct 4, 2022 10:55 PM

May 2021
Buggy just behind Luffy in terms of having absurd connections.

Dec 4, 2022 2:05 PM

Aug 2021
impel down arc concludes and a fantastic arc it was. my expectations for marineford are even higher
Oct 25, 2023 4:58 AM

Jan 2021
Buggy is now being recognised lol! even though he's weak practically everyone thinks he's some dangerous guy lol!

So Jinbe knows Arlong then? I wonder if he'd go to him and do something about the evil he has done

Also that last panel with Ace... literal goosebumps... PLEASE DON'T DIE ACE I BEG!!!!
Dec 31, 2023 7:37 AM
Nov 2023
Luffy is Brazilian confirmed
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Yesterday, 3:52 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

31 by Pakumen- »»
Yesterday, 12:40 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1102 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Dec 17, 2023

87 by Slimdudejim »»
Apr 21, 10:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 769 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Maerow - Nov 26, 2014

67 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 21, 6:47 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1069 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Dec 6, 2022

86 by Kakuneon »»
Apr 17, 11:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.