Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2014 7:16 AM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I've just finish watching the movie and I thought it was so fast pace, so I was very confused so I guess what am I'm saying I gotta check the anime or read the manga, which one do you prefer more?
Nov 25, 2018 2:47 PM

Oct 2015
It didn't make sense for Kamui to kill Fuma since he was cursing fate.

If he really was cursing destiny he wouldn't have killed him but should've instead tried to convince him to let up the fight at all cost, then break their fated destiny to kill each other. I felt like destiny won in the end. Too bad Kotori got caught up in it.

So Konoe was doing it all for Hinoto, I don't believe it because I think they just squeezed that out of nowhere and it was unbelievable so to make her existence meaningful to the story. But sadly I enjoyed it and I can't give anything less than 7 even if the story sucked, and it seems like the movie just picked up after a prequel but it's not. It had also senseless killings of characters without any development.

7/10.

lihle808Nov 25, 2018 2:55 PM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 18, 2020 4:13 AM

Nov 2015
i came for the killing and gore and oh boy it didn't disappoint! :D
gorgeous effects at half the movie, what a sudden change of quality.
so dark so rogue kill...

๐Ÿ’ข

Sep 19, 2020 2:18 PM

Jul 2015
Not mentioning the manga or anime, just the movie itself, it's really rushed and confusing.
I got the luck that I've watched the anime, but I can imagine how confusing and boring it can be for those who never watched the anime/ read the manga. Though CLAMP is my favorite mangaka but her stories are just not fitted for a short movie like this.
(Many actions of the character don't make sense and the reason behind the whole massacre felt impossible to understand.)

I do need to say despite the rushed stories, this anime studio did a good job. From the art, background/special effects to the wonderful ending song from X Japan. I almost questioned if it's all real.

Just for the art and the ending song, I can't say its a bad movie...
I would surely recommend the anime/manga to other people...not the movie (only if the other one is also a clamp fan like I do...)

โ”โ”โ”โ”โ™š ๐Œ๐ข๐ง๐š๐ญ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ค๐ข ๐’๐ž๐ข๐ฆ๐ž๐ข โ™›โ”โ”โ”โ”

Feb 7, 2021 6:27 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020

Thats all from me.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 15, 2021 7:53 PM
Dec 2017
one of my favorite works from clamp and rintaro by far

Aug 23, 2022 8:11 PM
Anime Moderator
May 2018
This movie is so ridiculously frustrating in how the animation, direction (love Rintaro), and music are all fantastic but the movie falls apart due to the plot.

Rintaro and Nanase Ohkawa tried their very hardest to rewrite the plot into a movie format but X just isn't the lind of plot that can be told in a movie. It needed the first half to set up the concept and spent the other half killing off all 14 of his characters that we don't care about. If I hadn't seen the TV series I would have been completely lost the whole time.

I'm still glad it exists for the animation, direction, and music but man it's so sad that one aspect can kill it so much.
Dec 5, 2022 7:18 PM

Jul 2014
God this was a mess, but it totally ruled anyway. Honestly has some of the best animation and art direction I've seen anywhere.
Take care of yourself

Sep 17, 2023 10:21 PM

Sep 2018
Another example of a film biting off more than it could chew, a confusing start (compared to a simple enough ending), no set up to the plot, no exposition or explanation to a variety of things, no emotional impact at all. Yeah, the art was pretty cool, although it was way too fucking dark for me, Ergo Proxy dark. 4/10.

The TV show is seemingly held in much higher regard, will try that out in the future.
GakutoDeathGlareSep 17, 2023 10:25 PM

More topics from this board

» x/1999 movie

Kelly821 - Dec 13, 2008

19 by Shuichi2 »»
Oct 13, 2021 7:10 AM

» tarot card set

BillionSword189 - May 30, 2008

8 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Jun 3, 2021 5:22 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.