Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
xxxHOLiC Omnibus
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 24, 2009 5:37 AM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
http://www.watchanimeon.com/xxxholic-shunmuki-ova-2/
Here is raw.
What do you think about it? ;]
Jun 25, 2009 9:30 AM

Dec 2008
OMG!! I WAS WAITING FOR THAT SCENE!!
Finally!! The scene where Watanuki asks Yuuko about her wish xD
Too bad the hugging part was short!
Jun 30, 2009 1:13 PM

Jul 2008
Yuuko was always awesome... but who would have thought she could be so cute as well at that ending scene. X3
I never expected this, and I loved every single bit.
Jun 30, 2009 1:29 PM

Sep 2008
I mostly only loved the parts with the Zashiki-warashi, so I was terribly depressed for about the rest of the episode. =[
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2009 2:48 PM

Aug 2008
I liked this so much that I'm considering picking up Tsubasa Chronicles...but I still don't know if that's a bad idea or not.
Jun 30, 2009 4:20 PM

Jun 2008
This 2nd episode was great. Both calm and funny. Watanuki as always.
The dream he was in was interesting. I'm also curious about Yuuko and her wish.
I still need to watch xxxHolic-Kei.
Jun 30, 2009 5:35 PM

Apr 2007
Is is me or this part wasn't exactly like the manga? Maybe I have to reread this scene.

Jun 30, 2009 5:42 PM

Oct 2007
Love the relaxed music in this episode. So Watanuki is also another Syaoran?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jun 30, 2009 6:21 PM

Nov 2007
noteDhero said:
I liked this so much that I'm considering picking up Tsubasa Chronicles...but I still don't know if that's a bad idea or not.

its a good idea...but the manga....not the anime...cause the TV series sucked...the OVAs on the other hand...are better than sex
Jun 30, 2009 8:18 PM

Sep 2008
Wow that was very intriguing and even though all the crossovers confuse my brain, I still love the execution anyway.
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Jun 30, 2009 11:45 PM

Jan 2008
Nothing less from Shunmuki. Masterpiece.
But I still liked Shunraiki more.
Jul 1, 2009 3:47 AM

Aug 2007
Ame Warashi with her hair as it should be, haha. Zashikiwarashi was once again cute, but what I liked the most was Yuuko's expression near the end.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jul 1, 2009 6:58 AM

Aug 2007
sarroush said:
OMG!! I WAS WAITING FOR THAT SCENE!!
Finally!! The scene where Watanuki asks Yuuko about her wish xD
Too bad the hugging part was short!

Same here. :)

Once I read that part in the manga and seeing her reaction when Watanuki said that. I couldn't grasp the right words when I saw it finally animated. It definitely made this OVA great to me.

Now, can we get more details on the new OVA now?
Jul 1, 2009 1:33 PM

Dec 2007
yop.....best part of all series....i think....i saw it already 3times....and will more...it was bit diffrent than manga but i was OK.....ame-warashi with blue hair....finally! XD.....zashiki-warashi cute as ever...but Yuuko was FTW....i think i will pick up once again manga......cant wait :P
SalathielJul 2, 2009 5:12 AM
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Jul 1, 2009 2:41 PM
Dec 2007
Great episode once again, excellent direction, script, character development etc... Still, I'm strongly against the big idea behind all of Clamp's stories that everything is destined and people are like pawns of Fate. Plus it makes their characters look stupid on screen since they can't do anything to resolve their problems and are forced to wait for their creator (hum, Clamp?) do all the work for them. Only Yuuko is above all the other characters usually, but this time, she felt unexpectedly "human".

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 1, 2009 3:29 PM
May 2008
I expected that it would end this way and it's practically set up for another season/OVA. The reason I say this is because there is a lot of unused story from the manga and someone that is watching the anime adaption exclusively will be completely left out/confused as all hell.

Also PandaPuff your right a lot of the scenes in the OVA were altered from the manga like the scene with Syaoran and Sakura was slightly different... there is probably more that was changed but that's all that comes to mind right off.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jul 2, 2009 6:57 PM

Aug 2007
Well... this second part was OK. its much better the first part. But I like the part when sakura says that Shaoran and Sakura are very similar. Some little clues about Watanuki origins.
Jul 4, 2009 8:52 AM

Dec 2008
It was Ok.. Didn't expect much from it.
Some scene were changed. But I'm fine with that and I like it that they follow the TRUE character design (Ame-Warashi hair and Watanuki eye)

Anyway, hope there would be continuation.
Jul 5, 2009 9:09 PM

Feb 2009
Jacut said:
she felt unexpectedly "human".

I completely agree, she definitely felt "human" right there. I love her moment with Watanuki, it was excellent.

I also love that Doumeki stayed by his side the entire time, without eating, without leaving. I love their unspoken relationship.

The ova, in general, was decent. The art is exceptional but these two didn't move me like the series did. Or like the first TRC ova did...man, those blew my mind away.
Jul 25, 2009 5:26 PM

Apr 2009
Well, this was great. I was waiting for this part of the story to be animated, especially the scene with Yuuko's wish. Well, I have a shit-load of reading to do, I already bought the first 6 volumes of Tsubasa.....then onto the anime.

Aug 5, 2009 5:18 AM

May 2009
Shunmuki didn't exactly follow the manga. I don't remember the manga showing Watanuki and Doumeki searching for clues in the shrine. And more could've been done with the hugging scene IMO(I practically stopped breathing when I saw Yuuko and Watanuki embracing each other in the manga). The scene where Watanuki met Ame Warashi and Zashiki Warashi was altered as well. But over all xxxHolic is as great as ever! <3
Aug 10, 2009 6:11 AM

Mar 2009
I can't seem to find this episode with english sub, does anyone know where to get it? I would really appreciate
(>-.-)> d(>.<)b <(-.-<)
Aug 18, 2009 4:24 AM

Jan 2008
Yuuko's moment with Watanuki was very nice.
Aug 25, 2009 12:16 PM
Aug 2009
What i don't understand is why does it say that in Tsubasa Shunraiki, Yuuko claims that the price payed to let Syaoran, Fai and Kuro-pon find where Sakura is, was Watanuki's memories and is already payed yet in XxxHOLiC Shunmuki Yuuko still says that the price has been payed yet Watanuki still has his memories? Does anyone know why this is? Or am i just missing something?
Aug 25, 2009 3:55 PM

Feb 2009
Great OVA, just like whole xxx.
Watanuki, well, slow reflexes, because after two season, got considerate of Yuuko and asked her about her wish. It was such a lovely scene!
Also, Doumeki staying by Watanuki's side for hours when he was unconscious - so cute <3 They are such good friends. (Why do girls always get the wrong impression?! xd)
I wonder about Yuuko's wish, I doubt it would be something as simple as "more sake!".
Oh, and also why were Wtanuki's eyes different colors? They kept them blue for whole xxxKei so why now change them? I like the way they are now much better, but still... why?
Aug 30, 2009 6:40 AM

Sep 2007
Umm, wasn't Watanuki's eye color related to this hate of the spider case and all? If I remember correctly it was in TV series... And about Yuuko wish: just read a manga.
Sep 2, 2009 11:58 AM

Dec 2008
DragonsWhip said:
Ame Warashi with her hair as it should be, haha. Zashikiwarashi was once again cute, but what I liked the most was Yuuko's expression near the end.

Okay, I take it Amewarashi's hair was originally blue in the manga. But I don't get it. Why change it now, after 37 episodes of her with red hair? Shunmuki is still animated by Production IG, so makes it seem like something happened to her between Kei and Shunmuki to give her gray hair xD

Lacri said:
Oh, and also why were Watanuki's eyes different colors? They kept them blue for whole xxxKei so why now change them? I like the way they are now much better, but still... why?

Watanuki was a heterochromic for at least part of episode 3 of Kei. He wasn't that way consistently though, because the episodes of Kei were taken from different parts of the manga, some of which I take it were from before he lost the eye.

Although that doesn't explain why he wasn't heterochromic in the last three episodes, as I also understand that he lost the eye before that incident in the manga. Sloppy continuity is at least partly to blame, I guess.
Sep 6, 2009 12:01 PM

Jun 2009
-Desho- said:
What i don't understand is why does it say that in Tsubasa Shunraiki, Yuuko claims that the price payed to let Syaoran, Fai and Kuro-pon find where Sakura is, was Watanuki's memories and is already payed yet in XxxHOLiC Shunmuki Yuuko still says that the price has been payed yet Watanuki still has his memories? Does anyone know why this is? Or am i just missing something?

Watanuki paid with his memories before the events in the manga, since he was a child till some time before he met Yuuko starting the story. He forgot even the exchange with Yuuko, so when he met Yuuko again in the first chapter, he didn't remembered her and thought it was the first time he met her, but Yuuko knew it wasn't.

P.S: Sorry about my bad english, I'm from Argentina =(
Sep 8, 2009 9:32 AM

May 2009
Yaezakura said:
-Desho- said:

Watanuki paid with his memories before the events in the manga, since he was a child till some time before he met Yuuko starting the story. He forgot even the exchange with Yuuko, so when he met Yuuko again in the first chapter, he didn't remembered her and thought it was the first time he met her, but Yuuko knew it wasn't.

P.S: Sorry about my bad english, I'm from Argentina =(

AND Watanuki is yet to realize that he doesn't remember his parents' name.
Oct 3, 2009 1:13 PM
Jul 2009
we never got to see what yuuko's wish was! :(

"my wish is..."

*silence*

-~Ended.

That's how it went.
Nov 4, 2009 12:36 PM

Apr 2008
If it wasnt for ugly shaoran and sakura it would have been GOD.
Nov 4, 2009 8:38 PM
Sep 2007
You get confused if you didn't watch Tsubasa, which sucks. Time to read both Manga's.
Hi
Nov 20, 2009 6:49 AM

Feb 2008
Oh man. That dream scene.
Nov 20, 2009 9:06 PM

Apr 2009
will xxxHOLiC Rou carry on from where xxxHOLiC Shunmuki ended?
Dec 18, 2009 1:45 AM

Jul 2007
Anime4Lyf said:
will xxxHOLiC Rou carry on from where xxxHOLiC Shunmuki ended?

NO.

It will cover the vol17 of xxxholic manga.

considering half of xxxholic events happen in TRC manga, its practically impossible for next xxxholic ova to "continue" from this one.
May 9, 2010 4:33 AM

Apr 2009
It seems like xxxHOLiC Shunmuki should be between episode 12 and 13 of xxxHolic Kei. The Zashiki-warashi and the Ame-warashi first inquired on Watanuki's injury on this episode of Shunmuki while on Kei episode 13 they casually dropped from the sky near the oden shop.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 30, 2010 12:03 AM

Nov 2008
Spoilers for, uh, xxxHolic beyond the end of Shunmuki
May 30, 2010 12:37 AM

Apr 2009
unclesnapple said:
Spoilers for, uh, xxxHolic beyond the end of Shunmuki

watch the new Ova xxholic Rou
Jun 2, 2010 5:49 PM

Oct 2009
huah... New ova of xxxHolic not related with TRC.. >.<

i wish.. TRC will be make to third season... and with happy ending ^-^

in TRC manga.. the story not end with happy ending..

Aug 4, 2010 3:59 AM

Oct 2008
the tsubasa-xxxholic crossover is always interesting...and i literally teared up wen yuuko hugged watanuki ....
Aug 29, 2010 7:17 PM

Feb 2010
Haha at Watanuki's little tap-dance when Himawari showed up.
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

Feb 23, 2011 10:39 AM

Oct 2009
That was great!
Though i like Ame-warashi with red hair better even though thats only in the anime ;_;
Great to see the TRC crossover.
And Yuuko hugging Watanuki! Been waiting for something like that since the beginning ^_^
Guess i should start reading the manga now..
May 18, 2011 6:45 PM

Jun 2009
Man that is a crime. T.T
Like I totaly want to know Yuuko's wish!
The ep was great and bla.
I think I will have to watch tsubasa some later.
Aug 1, 2011 8:51 PM

Jul 2011
Jacut said:
Great episode once again, excellent direction, script, character development etc... Still, I'm strongly against the big idea behind all of Clamp's stories that everything is destined and people are like pawns of Fate. Plus it makes their characters look stupid on screen since they can't do anything to resolve their problems and are forced to wait for their creator (hum, Clamp?) do all the work for them. Only Yuuko is above all the other characters usually, but this time, she felt unexpectedly "human".

i agree
Sep 8, 2011 1:10 AM

Sep 2010
It was good to see Yuuko give Watanuki a hug. I was waiting for something like that.
Nov 30, 2011 2:33 AM

Feb 2009
DeathReaper said:
That was great!
Though i like Ame-warashi with red hair better even though thats only in the anime ;_;
Great to see the TRC crossover.
And Yuuko hugging Watanuki! Been waiting for something like that since the beginning ^_^
Guess i should start reading the manga now..

You wont regret it.

Watanuki constantly jumping from dreams to reality is seriously mindfuckish. Heck, what's even reality? Great OVA. The tie in with TRC is gold.
Oct 24, 2012 2:49 AM

May 2012
Nice couple of episodes quite some nice things in it, a bit confusing at first with the characters that are unknown but that might be bcs they're from an other anime, either way great episode! I do wonder why the Rain Spirit had Gray Hair instead of Red Hair in this Ova!

7/10
May 12, 2013 3:16 PM
Aug 2012
i wonder why both zashiki and ame warashi had different hair colours this episode zashiki is so damn kl. something makes me thing that watanuki and yuuko are the reincarnations of sakura and sayaoran or something like tht. damn the way they cut it of before you hear yuukos wish.i was all for watanuki and zashiki but with this maybe yuuko and watanuki has a chance its kinda become a harem regardless i was very confussed for most of this ova but in the end it was worth it i guess it wld make sense if i watch tsubasa chronicles but the series is not a genre i like much.
Jan 11, 2014 10:05 AM

Apr 2013
Oh very good.
What will be the wish of Yuuko ?
Sep 19, 2014 6:53 AM

Sep 2012
kingfelix92 said:
i wonder why both zashiki and ame warashi had different hair colours this episode zashiki is so damn kl. something makes me thing that watanuki and yuuko are the reincarnations of sakura and sayaoran or something like tht. damn the way they cut it of before you hear yuukos wish.i was all for watanuki and zashiki but with this maybe yuuko and watanuki has a chance its kinda become a harem regardless i was very confussed for most of this ova but in the end it was worth it i guess it wld make sense if i watch tsubasa chronicles but the series is not a genre i like much.

cause its their original hair color, their hair color was implied in manga
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» should i watch xxxholic before watching xxxHOLiC Shunmuki

Rydako - Oct 29, 2009

2 by abystoma2 »»
Dec 29, 2023 12:36 PM

» How to watch this (order).

Wishy - Aug 28, 2010

1 by abystoma2 »»
Dec 29, 2023 7:09 AM

Poll: » xxxHOLiC Shunmuki Episode 1 Discussion

Ahenshihael - Feb 16, 2009

38 by yukigrein »»
Jun 26, 2019 8:50 AM

» the grandmother?

jet2r0cks - May 2, 2010

1 by tofei »»
May 9, 2010 4:51 AM

» subs?

minwonderland - Feb 17, 2009

1 by XdragonxxdragonX »»
Feb 19, 2009 2:40 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.