Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2009 12:34 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was disappointing - I really don't like "It was all a dream" story lines... :-(
Jul 2, 2009 2:25 AM
Mar 2008
I liked it, since it was something like a possible future where Conan and Haibara never get any conclusion about the organization.
Jul 2, 2009 7:44 AM

Jul 2008
disappointing... expected more like yeah...there was no action and Ran did not marry Araide-sensei=>no conflict
Jul 2, 2009 9:44 AM

Apr 2008
I really enjoyed it. I liked that you could see another possible outcome even though it was just in a dream. I wouldn't want that to actually be their fate anyway so having the dream was fine. ^_^
Jul 2, 2009 6:18 PM

Oct 2008
I really liked it, it was the best of the OVAs imo, besides, it was already obvious that it was a dream, the important thing about this OVA was all the development of the situation, not the end.
Jul 2, 2009 10:44 PM

Oct 2007
HRisa said:
disappointing... expected more like yeah...there was no action and Ran did not marry Araide-sensei=>no conflict
Jul 26, 2009 12:45 PM

Jan 2008
I thought it was great. I always wondered what it would be like if Conan never got back to being Shinichi and I think by making it all a 'dream' is the only possible way we can see it. After all, if we got that as an ending many, if not all, of the fans will be really disappointing.

I gave it an 8/10 for keeping me wonder and excited.
Sep 6, 2009 6:58 PM

Sep 2008
it would have been better if ran did marry araide and conan's future self had moved on and is now in a relationship with ai!.. sorry.. i'm a conxai fan :)
Dec 1, 2009 5:01 AM

May 2009
I really liked this OVA. But i didnt like the "it was a dream" thing...

Im proud to say Im a Shinichi x Ran fan :) Its very nice of her to wait for Shinichi that long and is willing to wait for another 10 yrs....

And this OVA shows how Shinichi will react if he ever gets the news that Ran will be married to someone else.. he even exposed his true self just to stop her ..
Mar 15, 2010 3:45 AM

Jan 2008
I liked it
The story makes sense when they won't find a solution , It makes me wonder !
Jun 3, 2010 8:30 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
THIS WAS so depressing!!!! Now i rly want that organization gets caught and cOnan becomes back to Kudo .... OMG SO depressing if this would be future -__-..
Jun 3, 2010 8:32 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
kudocchi said:
it would have been better if ran did marry araide and conan's future self had moved on and is now in a relationship with ai!.. sorry.. i'm a conxai fan :)[/quote

-_- ... this would be extreme depressing -_- .... i would kill Araide.....]
Aug 9, 2010 12:58 AM

Jul 2009
Seeing as this is only an OVA, I liked it.
Only problem is why their personality didn't change over the years O.O

kudocchi said:
it would have been better if ran did marry araide and conan's future self had moved on and is now in a relationship with ai!.. sorry.. i'm a conxai fan :)

:D
This is a signature.
Jun 27, 2011 6:12 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
dbaranyi said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was disappointing - I really don't like "It was all a dream" story lines... :-(

I, on the other hand, like the dream sequence story lines. It's because it shows possible character development....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 23, 2011 9:00 PM

Jun 2011
I personally like the storyline but I prefer it to be more cute and dramatic than that. With some fangirl imagination I thought of some alternate ending like this:

Ran decided to marry Araide and forget about Shinichi. Then as sickly Conan wakes up from the dream, he will get all jelly and sad as he saw Ran and Araide nursing him together.

Then out of frustration he said, "Ran-neechan is the person closest to me! That's why I want Ran-neechan to nurse me and no one else...Like Shinichi-niichan, I want Ran-neechan to stay by my side forever."

Hearing that, Araide smiled and politely excused himself out of the room. Ran looked at Conan with a smiling face, thinking how cute his face is when he said those cheesy lines in a seemingly spoiled manner. She then replied yes, while making a pinky promise to him. :))

Conan blushed as he found himself clinging to some kind of new hope.
Then he spoke, "I'll remember this promise Ran-neechan".

The END.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"Them who looks blind at ANIME, looks blind at SALVATION."
Mar 24, 2012 6:16 PM

Jun 2010
"It was all a dream" is acceptable when they so obviously telegraph it as they did and that premise allows them to do something extreme like this, so it's fine.

The problem this thing has is that it lacks direction. We're a fourth of the way through the episode before it finally establishes the "ten years later" thing and for the most part the whole thing is just an exhibition of the +10-years character designs.

Luckily they're decent; Mitsuhiko and Haibara are a bit like their normal heads on a highschooler's body, but everyone else is fairly interesting to look at. Genta in particular gives off a much better impression than the dullard lump he is in his normal design.
Mar 29, 2012 10:40 AM

Jan 2010
I like it ^^
so cute story.
And It's nice to see the future with other characters ))
Oct 15, 2012 5:21 PM

Feb 2009
There i s no way in hell a woman going to wait that long for yer ass Shinichi!
Nov 27, 2012 1:19 AM

May 2012
It was fine, but not a "bad ending", it's definitely a "normal ending"... Bad ending would start with the dream from the Raven Chaser. Lol.
Jan 22, 2013 10:07 AM

Apr 2011
It was pretty good....I liked it....

May 7, 2013 3:26 AM

Oct 2012
so dramatic... i just cant understand why ran can't recognized conan as shinichi.. -_-

Sep 5, 2013 5:32 PM

Apr 2012
I liked it ^^
Sep 26, 2014 3:43 PM

Apr 2009
Really liked that whole 'how it would be if...' stuff, even if it was just a dream.
8/10
Jul 5, 2015 5:51 AM

Nov 2014
Man, that would suck if that was real..

Nov 4, 2015 4:51 AM

Dec 2014
kudocchi said:

<3

It will be the BEST love story ever told... :)
Dec 9, 2015 1:38 PM

Aug 2014
I was full of fears and my heart was beaten up just like a bird's !!! Omg ... What was that OVA ?! I can say that Shinichi made me so scared ! I REALLY LOVED IT ! O.O
By the way , I wanna say that it must be disgusting to wait for 10 years to become 17 again even though you have to become 27 originally and your friends who have same age with yours in real become 10 years older than you ! Omg ... Just OH MY GOSH ! How can Shinichi get on like this ?! He makes me suprised all the time.
Another sad thing about this OVA is you lose your friends and lover at once and as everyone knows we cannot turn back to the past ...
May 25, 2016 6:57 AM

Apr 2011
Re-watched this today.

I enjoyed it more~ haha

Jan 6, 2018 4:37 PM
Sep 2015
Momo-Hime said:
I personally like the storyline but I prefer it to be more cute and dramatic than that. With some fangirl imagination I thought of some alternate ending like this:

Ran decided to marry Araide and forget about Shinichi. Then as sickly Conan wakes up from the dream, he will get all jelly and sad as he saw Ran and Araide nursing him together.

Then out of frustration he said, "Ran-neechan is the person closest to me! That's why I want Ran-neechan to nurse me and no one else...Like Shinichi-niichan, I want Ran-neechan to stay by my side forever."

Hearing that, Araide smiled and politely excused himself out of the room. Ran looked at Conan with a smiling face, thinking how cute his face is when he said those cheesy lines in a seemingly spoiled manner. She then replied yes, while making a pinky promise to him. :))

Conan blushed as he found himself clinging to some kind of new hope.
Then he spoke, "I'll remember this promise Ran-neechan".

The END.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

They should hire you. Seriously.
Apr 1, 2021 10:22 AM
Apr 2021
its pretty coool sugoi
Apr 20, 2021 1:15 PM

Jan 2020
Way too depressing for me!!!
Jul 5, 2021 12:31 AM

Aug 2018
It was pretty awesome ove
Sep 12, 2022 5:34 PM
Feb 2015
Feel like they could make this as an parallel world story. XD
Sep 7, 2023 10:55 AM
Jun 2019
Does anyone else think grown Conan and Shinichi look slightly different? I notice it in the face shape, and eyes.
Either way, it's an interesting concept to me that Conan (upon growing up a second time) would look a little different than Shinichi at 17.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.