Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2009 11:19 AM

Jun 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Racer is fast, but not fast enough to dodge a sniper... Gray, you sir, are my hero. Archery is always BA.
Jun 23, 2009 11:39 AM

Oct 2008
Epic fail.. If he's not fast actually, how did he cover the distances in such short time?
Jun 23, 2009 11:47 AM

Jun 2009
See, its weird. I was thinking his (Racer) magic just decreases friction, making it easier for him to move (but then there's the bike-summoning, which... now that I think about it, may have been bikes he just had in storage, but was able to control from a distance). It was just a really nice ploy on Leon's part to hide Gray in a pillar of ice so he could hit Racer when Leon managed to trick him into a sense of superiority.

What happened to Leon/Racer in the end probably wasn't in anyone's calculations, though. Punk move on Racer's part, but he seemed like the kind of dude to get really desperate and do something like that if someone ever beat him in a race.

EDIT: I wonder if the "special announcement" next chapter is going to be an anime proposal...
inquisitoroneJun 23, 2009 12:02 PM
Jun 23, 2009 1:06 PM

Jul 2008
inquisitorone said:

EDIT: I wonder if the "special announcement" next chapter is going to be an anime proposal...

i sure hope XD XD
anyways ya as like wat u said it not definite as to what exactly happened o Leon
watch him come out of no where in another arc XD

and Racer's magic is kinda weird indeed XD
Jun 23, 2009 1:22 PM

May 2007
Umm...didn't this chapter clearly state that his magic slowed down everyone's perception of time within a certain radius? I thought that was pretty obvious.

Anyway....Midnight? Um....okay. Cross dresser?
Jun 23, 2009 1:43 PM

May 2008
wow! seeing Gray with a bow and arrow was so damn cool *___*
And Leon jumping in for him was nice too.
Jun 23, 2009 1:47 PM

Jul 2008
vindemon64 said:
Umm...didn't this chapter clearly state that his magic slowed down everyone's perception of time within a certain radius? I thought that was pretty obvious.

well ya in a certain radius, but how so he got the coffin in one hour if his magic is just slowing down ppl's perception Which must mean the Oracoin Seis did not know about, which is funny if u dunt know your own teammates O.O
unless the coffin was still in the radius , which must mean it's quite big and wow Gary sure got aim O.O
And if his magic was just slowing down would he just be as fast as anyone else then(no magic)?- then why was he chosen to get the coffin in the first place O.O
ClearSinzJun 23, 2009 1:50 PM
Jun 23, 2009 2:59 PM
Jul 2008
Gray with a bow was awesome. Still can't believe Leon figured out Racer's ability and then sacrificed himself to save Gray and Cherie. I hope that isn't the end of Leon >_>, such a bad ending for him.
Jun 23, 2009 3:18 PM

Jul 2008
That was an ok chapter, Midnight looks bad-ass be it boy or girl lol. We have yet another announcement and I'm gonna try not to get my hopes up yet again only to have it shatter before my eyes so I'll try to forget about it, all in all this arc is kind of so-so.
Jun 23, 2009 4:11 PM

Mar 2008
The finishing move from Gray was very cool, Leon's sacrifice was unexpected (although there's a chance that he is still alive, because of Wendy's healing ability or something).
Jun 23, 2009 4:33 PM

Dec 2007
so Leon "dies". I'd care, but these characters aren't really worth caring about.
eeeh..I'm not liking this.
Jun 23, 2009 8:38 PM

Aug 2007
Midnight looks like Albel Nox

Jun 23, 2009 8:41 PM

Sep 2008
Reminds me of Rolo from Code Geass
Jun 23, 2009 9:16 PM

Jan 2009
Lazyfulness said:
Reminds me of Rolo from Code Geass

Yea it seems like a lousier version of Rolo's ability.
When Gray was holding that bow and shooting I was thinking he looks like archer from Fate/Stay Night.
Jun 23, 2009 11:11 PM

Apr 2008
Just announce the anime already, sheesh, -_-
Jun 24, 2009 12:18 AM

Nov 2007
When they explained the trcik behind Racer I felt somewhat confused, I mean if he only slows the senses of those around him to a certain radius how does that enable him to travel fast - meaning when he was told to fetch the coffin with Gerard it should have taken him the time of a normal person because he's not actually 'fast' so to speak =/
Jun 24, 2009 3:19 AM

Jul 2007
Good chapter, although i think there were afew holes in the explanation of racers magic, it still made for an interesting chapter.
Jun 24, 2009 5:17 AM

May 2007
Uh, no ,dude, you did not just kill Leon off right now ok. I expect him to come back! ><'
Anyway, Midnight person is weird. Wonder what's his power.
Although I prefer the focus to come back to Gerard, Erza, Natsu, etc. :P

Jun 24, 2009 7:59 AM

Jan 2008
Stupid magic is just plain stupid. Just announce the anime already. (and don't make it into a 50-episode-shit)
Jun 24, 2009 9:13 AM

Apr 2008
interesting chapter... i like when people die. But I've never really connected with Leon (or most other characters in FT) so it didn't really have an impact on me.
Jun 24, 2009 9:21 AM

Dec 2007
milesperminute said:
interesting chapter... i like when people die. But I've never really connected with Leon (or most other characters in FT) so it didn't really have an impact on me.

we all know he isn't dead, but I agree on not connecting with the characters. They're all too predictable and cliché and I'm wondering why I haven't dropped this manga already. Oh well.
Jun 24, 2009 12:26 PM

Jul 2008
Tarje said:
milesperminute said:

we all know he isn't dead, but I agree on not connecting with the characters. They're all too predictable and cliché and I'm wondering why I haven't dropped this manga already. Oh well.

Not always. The manga is really great at times. And I for one could connect with the characters. Just cause the current is very crappy. You can't call it cliched. Can you honestly say that you predicted everything?
Ah well....your opinion. :P
Why? I ask! Why? First a mystical super strong force(this got on my nerves) causing prolonged meaningless fights(annoying but bearable), then Gerard comes back to life(in the lamest way posibble)?!?! WTF?!? and Now Leon is killed off just like that. And then we get another great resurrection of Leon. This is so...disappointing. I feel like crying.
What next? Midnight turns out to be James Bond and kills Natsu(who will later get resurrected)?
I am skipping this arc. :P
Jun 24, 2009 3:28 PM

Jun 2009
Midnight... He reminds me of a cross between Albel Nox and Marilyn Manson (by his looks)
If the Oracion Seis' names are any indication of their powers, I'm guessing he'll have control over shadows, clouds, or some other weather-related ability.
Jun 24, 2009 11:21 PM

Jun 2009
AHHH... I just re-read the chapter, and his magic makes sense to me now. I'll try and explain.

Racer's magic, "Low-Gear World," decreases the flow of time for people within a predetermined [radius] around himself. Lets say (hypothetically) the radius is 10km. Any living being within a 10km radius (including the sky) will experience time as passing by at a snail's pace, while Racer is able to move normally. He was able to catch up to Gray/Natsu because he slowed down their time. Whether this means Gerard was moving at snail's pace or normally is completely up to Mashima to decide (I'm sure he'll soon give us a Map Quest of the location of every character in the forest).
Jun 24, 2009 11:46 PM

Jul 2008
damn cool chapter the strongest has awaken cant wait for the next one this time and lets hope this announcement is the anime this time.
Jun 25, 2009 5:30 PM

Aug 2007
I just finished Groove Adventure Rave and I got to say Fairy Tail is like a similar story but a sequel with the same characters. Somehow I find GAR more interesting. Probably because it focuses on more than one group of people.

Back on topic wasn't the Oracion six in GAR? Of course here it's called seis but it's the same difference. I think it was too early for them too defeat a member but the fact that they had to double team one guy means they're in some deep shit.
Jun 25, 2009 6:47 PM

Jun 2009
Actually, they were both "Oracion Seis." Some scanlation groups translated it into Oracion Six for their own reasons (As well as mistranslating Resha's name as Lisa and the Raregrooves as the Raregloves among others). Yeah, the Oracion Seis was a subgroup of Demon Card soldiers in GAR. They were directly under the control of King and served as the generals of the DC organization, but were eventually defeated by Haru&co.

Also, because it took them two mages (three, if you want to count Cherie) to beat Racer, then you can definitely bet the Fairy Tail alliance is in it deep.
Jul 18, 2009 8:35 PM

Jul 2008
so he didn't speed up, just slowed everyone down, still very impressive magic if not more so
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Aug 29, 2009 8:16 PM

Oct 2007
Obvious loop hole is obvious.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Dec 23, 2009 8:40 AM

Nov 2009
I hope Leon is dead. It was our first death on the good side, unless you count Ur. And Shimon, we still don't know if he's dead. So. Stay dead? Please? An explosion like that... If he's alive I'm going to be so pissed.
Mar 21, 2010 7:19 PM

Oct 2008
Father? o.o
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 15, 2010 8:17 AM

Jun 2009
It's like slowdown AOE orb or whatever but still, a cool chapter

Omg Leon
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jul 13, 2012 10:39 AM
Dec 25, 2013 2:26 AM
Oct 2011
JoshOfRJNN said:
I hope Leon is dead. It was our first death on the good side, unless you count Ur. And Shimon, we still don't know if he's dead. So. Stay dead? Please? An explosion like that... If he's alive I'm going to be so pissed.
three words "never found the body" in a story like this unless you actually see someone die they probably are not dead, and i wander if racer hid the coffin somewhere nearby so that when the rest of the group asked him to bring it because he was the fastest he would not blow his cover
Dec 13, 2016 8:50 PM

Dec 2007
He did say it would take him an hour to bring the coffin so I feel like maybe he could think that is far away, I know that I would not want to carry that coffin for an hour. I would assume that his guild would have to know his power since they have all probably fought beside him before in turn being within the radius themselves. And like everyone else said I am sure Leon is not dead with all the crazy that has been happening with people that die. I am someone who would prefer the dead to stay that way, it just ruins things if no one can actually die.
Sep 4, 2017 4:37 AM

Feb 2013
I hope that Lyon isn't dead.
Nov 18, 2017 6:45 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Nice strategy, although a tearful end to Lyon!!! :/
Feb 20, 1:00 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Idk about the explanation for Racer’s magic.. not sure it’s consistent with (1) the initial 6v12 battle (allies all around him) and (2) him sprinting at various occasions to travel (like picking up Jellal)

But i might just be overthinking it

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.