Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2009 5:44 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ryouko is as scary as ever, can't mess around with her =.= Karin is still doing her stuff^^ I like it when Kuniko meet Karin in person^^ a teddy bear outfit XD Miiko is still accompanying Mikuni as always :) Momoko is out,yay!!
ShanaFlameJun 21, 2009 5:52 PM
Jun 21, 2009 6:38 PM

May 2007
I really, really hate Ryouko.

Nice to see Miko do something too.
My anime list
Jun 21, 2009 6:38 PM

Apr 2009
good episode, things are falling into place. looks like Kuniko is finally going to raid Atlas. I want Karin and Kuniko to be friends but something tells me it's not going to happen anytime soon.
Jun 21, 2009 6:44 PM

Sep 2007
Oooo . . .interesting *_*

can't wait to watch this episode *_*

wait, what about Kunihito? he just woke up from the hospital bed and that's it???? o_O
We Heal As One.
Jun 21, 2009 9:23 PM

Mar 2008
things are falling in place ^^ good good good
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2009 9:13 AM

Mar 2008
Did anyone notice the Churuya-san reference? There was a shot on the animated board the guy was holding up when Kairin asked the guy how much it costs to buy Akibahara.

I find it sort of strange though that while the officer dude seems to play a major role in the show, he gets so little screen time. It's almost if he doesn't really have anything to do with it for the first half of the season and they're only keeping him there so we don't forget about him.
Jun 22, 2009 10:01 AM
May 2008
This is getting so boring... where is all the talk about the economy?... just kidding. Actually things are moving along really nicely IMO, and now that Momoko is back Kuniko will most likely commence the raid with confidence. On a side note this series literally has every type of character imaginable... an albino, NEET, masochist, sadist, old loli guys, and transvestites... lulz.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jun 22, 2009 12:04 PM

Jul 2008
hmm better than last episode
great too see the old guys again XD
well at least things are starting to connect and why certain things happened
Jun 24, 2009 10:05 PM

Mar 2008
This show is weird. I'm not sure what I think about it...

At least Karin is cute.
Jun 25, 2009 7:19 AM

Aug 2008
Good episode. That was cute when Karin meet Kuniko in person :).

I know this isn't the greatest show in the world. But why does it have a 6.97 rating? I mean...that's pretty bad. I would think it would be around 7.4 at least.
Jun 25, 2009 10:19 AM

Oct 2007
Fatentity said:
Good episode. That was cute when Karin meet Kuniko in person :).

I know this isn't the greatest show in the world. But why does it have a 6.97 rating? I mean...that's pretty bad. I would think it would be around 7.4 at least.
Because it is one type of the series that supposed to get a low rate. I don't think you should surprised about that. As many people have said this show is weird and having Gonzo name in it should have make anything possible.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jun 25, 2009 5:14 PM

Aug 2008
I really liked this episode. It managed to do a whole lot in a very coherent way. The only thing that needs to be explained is this whole AAA status thing and the political structure of Atlas, and I think it'll all be good. Well directed, well paced; just the way I like it.
Jun 25, 2009 5:20 PM

Jun 2008
The Kuniko figurine made me laugh even as it showed up in the sponsor messages.

The Churuya-chan reference was also very funny.
Jun 25, 2009 6:41 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
noteDhero said:
I really liked this episode. It managed to do a whole lot in a very coherent way. The only thing that needs to be explained is this whole AAA status thing and the political structure of Atlas, and I think it'll all be good. Well directed, well paced; just the way I like it.

In Newtype Japan July's Issue, a 4 page explanation of Atlas is given. Atlas is nearly 12 km tall. Apparently, the status system represent how much contribution that individual has brought to Atlas or how much important that individual (or his family) is to the survival and functionning of Atlas City....

Next week I can scan it for you if you want (it's in Japanese though)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 25, 2009 9:40 PM

Aug 2008
Cool, wakka, that would be awesome. Though I will have a major problem if they don't see fit to explain something like that status thing.
Jun 26, 2009 4:20 AM

Jun 2009
wakka9ca said:

In Newtype Japan July's Issue, a 4 page explanation of Atlas is given. Atlas is nearly 12 km tall. Apparently, the status system represent how much contribution that individual has brought to Atlas or how much important that individual (or his family) is to the survival and functionning of Atlas City....

wow..thanks for the info...
although I still don't get some of point in this anime...but, this anime is great!!
Jun 26, 2009 8:06 AM

Oct 2007
wakka9ca said:

That is good to know. If you can scan it for us it would be nice to see it but it would be suck if there was only japanese letters to look at.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jun 26, 2009 9:43 PM

May 2009
I still find the show interesting and am looking forward to seeing where it goes.

An all out battle would be cool to see; the show is not afraid show some people dying.

Whats up with that soldier guy, Kunihito? He's supposedly a very important part of the series as he is in line to take over all of Atlas, but it seems as though he's just some random supporting character.
Jun 28, 2009 2:31 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
kaminakun said:
things are falling in place ^^ good good good
Kurisu said:
This show is weird. I'm not sure what I think about it...

At least Karin is cute.

i wish this show would hurry up and make sense already...
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Jun 28, 2009 2:41 PM

Jun 2008
for some reason i find this anime really exciting although there are some stuff i dont get, but i havent been bored a moment since i started it, there's something very attractive about this anime, but i cant figure what exactly right now, anyhow without a doubt i'm looking forward to next ep =]
Jun 29, 2009 5:38 AM

Dec 2008
zomg

that was so funny
geek karin went shopping XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2009 10:34 PM

Sep 2008
Haha, the bear outfit was pretty kawaii. I love the blue hair guy in the shop. His actions are so funny. ;3 Overall, good ep. Looking forward to the next one.
Jul 24, 2009 5:46 AM

Apr 2008
Karin is acting all cute xD hahas~

Aug 3, 2009 7:11 PM

Jul 2008
so metal age plans a grand attack, and mamoko will be there. what i would like to know is how ryoko not only became prime minister, but also got her own harem, i hope those guys get payed enough (at least 6 figure salary)
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Aug 26, 2009 5:16 AM

Mar 2009
what happened to eps 10 and 11? they don't have polls? lol, too bad since i wanted to give ep 11 a 1 xD
the show's going up now, i'm happy for it.
looking forward to next ep ^^
Sep 19, 2009 9:53 PM

May 2008
this show is top in having so many different kinds of ppl lol

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 14, 2009 1:18 AM

Jun 2008
So we are gone have a war in the next episode? That will be exciting.

Karin going shopping was amazingly cute. Karin is starting to be a really nice character.
Sayoko getting arrested helped Momoko make it out alive at least. Kuniko was so cute crying from happiness when she saw her/him.

Ryoko in her underwear - DO NOT WANT!!!!

Old otaku guys were fan and i especially liked when they told that guy "you are one of us" because he seems to be otaku for weapons.
Oct 22, 2011 11:55 PM

Oct 2009
Shit is getting real.
Dec 9, 2013 9:56 AM

May 2012
Momoko got out of that place and that crazy hentai woman got her brain fried by hacking into Zeus... The best part of this episode was that Karin tried to buy Akihabara, I'd like her to have some more screen time! Either way let's see what's next!
Jul 4, 2014 11:08 PM

Aug 2013
Yay Momoko got out! Karin shopping in a bear outfit was adorable haha.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 11, 2016 10:11 AM

Feb 2015
Monad said:

Ryoko in her underwear - DO NOT WANT!!!!

she totaly rocked it though.
------
i don't understand the hate for royoko. she's not even all that annoying. i'm not saying she isn't a rotten person, but she's just...meh i dunno.

nice episode from last one's.
Nov 18, 2022 2:29 PM

Aug 2017
Nice to see momoko back to safety, ryoko and sayoko used to be in the same college, let's hope for some flashbacks,
Not much in this episode but the next one seems to be filled.
Nov 18, 2022 2:30 PM

Aug 2017
Nice to see momoko back to safety, ryoko and sayoko used to be in the same college, let's hope for some flashbacks,
Not much in this episode but the next one seems to be filled with action.
Feb 25, 10:49 PM

Jul 2008
The only thing not really fitting into this is the hacker girl story. Right now you could cut that all out and not change anything.

And Ryoko must die.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Sep 13, 2009

71 by Synrax »»
Apr 5, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 23 Discussion

arsonal - Sep 6, 2009

30 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 29, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 22 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Aug 30, 2009

29 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 28, 10:33 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 21 Discussion

arsonal - Aug 23, 2009

36 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 28, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 20 Discussion

arsonal - Aug 16, 2009

40 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 28, 9:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.