Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 15, 2014 12:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh nice, a little more glimpse of Shiroe's past. I always wanted to see more of that..

Rudy is backkkk, thanks to Shiroe and that channeling magic. This pretty much concludes volume 4 of the LN with the contract. Rudy as a member of LH for part of the contract? I like that. Rudy signing that contract confirms he will be a member of LH now.

Decent episode. Kristy's team has some pretty good fighting skills. At this rate, I think the anime will conclude the 5th volume with the pacing. I'm curious to see how this goes!
Stark700Feb 15, 2014 12:56 AM
Feb 15, 2014 12:54 AM

Nov 2007
If I'm hearing correctly, mind (or will to live) = HP and soul is MP? He was able to get him recover. Making contract to have any purpose to maintain HP.

Project of sub-job? And the contract itself is a magic to reborn into a different person.

Wow @ that wild/crazy expression. lol @ that last part when Kakkii's character revived. The pair will become interesting with being the same status (actually very interesting right here).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 15, 2014 12:59 AM

Nov 2011
tsubasalover said:
If I'm hearing correctly, mind (or will to live) = HP and soul is MP?

Correct. That's why they are using that Mana Channeling spell together to distribute it evenly.
Stark700Feb 15, 2014 1:03 AM
Feb 15, 2014 2:44 AM
Nov 2013
whoa, look like they split chapter 5 into 2 eps

http://imgur.com/Rr5bU4Q
oh my fucking god. run Princess RUN!! YOU CAN'T DATE WITH THIS DEMON
Shiroe PLZ SAVE US

dobinzFeb 15, 2014 2:55 AM
Feb 15, 2014 4:00 AM

Sep 2013
People of The Land > Zombie > Adventurer

Elder Tale new Admin is Shiroe!! xD
Feb 15, 2014 4:37 AM
Jan 2014
Br4nd0nHeat said:
People of The Land > Zombie > Adventurer

Elder Tale new Admin is Shiroe!! xD

Looks like it's pricey, though XD.
Maybe he used a rare item to revive Rudy and his new spell must be written with a super rare ink and paper, supported by his subclass' level.

Now I can imagine that Shiroe will makes Rudy to work very hard to "pay" for this magic XD .

my comment for this episode : Crusty... just Crusty...
Feb 15, 2014 5:24 AM

Dec 2009
GREAT episode <3

I like how everything we've learned so far comes together this wonderfully.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Feb 15, 2014 5:36 AM

Sep 2013
Damn this world seems to be a great place to live in once you have everybody close to you. So many things are still yet unresolved.
-

I've always... always been watching you... This whole time... Because you were there... That's why I was able to try hard. So you could have some balance! So you wouldn't treat me like a kid! So you would see me as an actual girl! Even while you were gone... You were right here! You were right here in my heart!
Feb 15, 2014 5:38 AM

Oct 2011
AHHH Thank you Shiroe!!!!! T____T

That means Shiroe can make Princess Lenessai an Adventure too
Feb 15, 2014 5:40 AM

Mar 2012
Man i they were killing me with the suspense i kept shouting sign the contract, sign the contract, oh boy lol loved every moment of it.

Izuzu Quate: Give me your paw lol i laughed so hard she still thinks of him as a dog hahaha

Ok it's official Crusty is seriously one scary guy i do not want to be guy suckered to fight him no sir.

Looks like Akatskuki will have a bit of spotlight next episode a good thing they having been focusing so much on the younger members of log horizon, i just want them now to focus more on the experienced players Naotsugui, Nyanta, Shiroe and Akatsuki they have really been sidetracked in these last 10 episode
Feb 15, 2014 5:41 AM

Jun 2012
Great episode. Shiroe just ignored the rules of the game world and changed a NPC/people of the land into a player/adventurer.
Now the question is: How long will it take till someone spills the secret of Rudy being changed into an adventurer, everybody gets afraid of Shiroe and someone starts plotting against him ? :D

Mod edit.
Spoiler from another anime removed.
AversaFeb 16, 2014 11:59 AM
Feb 15, 2014 5:47 AM

Sep 2012
Damn you, Satelight !
Rieze spotted ! http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/806944Sanstitre.jpg !
Feb 15, 2014 5:48 AM

Apr 2012
I didn't think I could love this show anymore than I already do... I was wrong! lol

Good boy Rudy, you're now an adventurer. Now roll over while Izuzu tickles your tummy! ^_^
Feb 15, 2014 5:58 AM

Aug 2013
Crusty's murderous smile...I think I blushed lmao!

*Shiroe presents the contract*
"1. Effective as of the date and time at which Rundel Hau---oh 3 minutes have passed."

*Rudy dies*

It was such an awesome moment and all but I can't help but think "JUST MAKE HIM SIGN IT! YOU'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME!" lmao! That whole monologue was meant to inspire but it totally ruined the mood.

The Rudy x Isuzu ship has sailed. "Potte!" lolool

"But Akatsuki is gloomy amidst the cheer." LOL We all know you just want to dance with Shiroe and it looks like you'll get the chance next week haha!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 15, 2014 6:02 AM

Aug 2012
Great episode. Love how everything is given to us at a good pace.
I've been wondering, but what if it turns out that akatsukuki is that one girl that was leader of the old guild Shiroe was in? That'd be pretty neat
Feb 15, 2014 6:03 AM

Nov 2012
Awesome episode, great to see that Rudy didn't die for real. Next episode the fight will be over, I think (from the preview), but that's ok since I enjoy this anime when they only talk too.
"I can have food or drinks spilled on me, or even be spit at and ill laugh about it ,
However , If for any reason you hurt a friend of mine, I won't forgive you!"

- Red-Haired Shanks
Feb 15, 2014 6:04 AM

Apr 2011
Isuzu now has a new pet in the name of Rudy. lol
MagitoFeb 15, 2014 6:11 AM
Feb 15, 2014 6:05 AM

Mar 2013
ok we got it u found a way to cooking on the game
u dont have to mention it on each episode :X
Feb 15, 2014 6:08 AM

Aug 2010
That was so awesome :D

Shiroe's idea was awesome. Didn't expect he'll use his Scribe sub-class like that. Seems these sub-classes have a much more important role than I first thought.

Rudy becoming an adventurer now was really nice :D Loved the part with him and Isuzu at the end. They're a cute couple ^^...Loved the "Then give me ur paw" XD
Really cute :3

This ep reminded me of how much I want to see more about Tea Party and esp Kanami. But I guess it won't be happening this season :(

Lenessia was cute blushing after seeing half naked Krusty <3
But damn! Krusty's evil grins are so BA and evil!! The dude is BOSS ^^
Loved the OST when he was kicking ass.

Nxt ep...Akatsuki will have a dance with Shiroe? I can't wait :D
Rudy looks quite elegant there ^^
Feb 15, 2014 6:13 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Rudy returns to life as an adventurer. I'm interested what abilities and skills he will have. The Princess looked curious when she saw the wicked Crusty enjoy destroying the Goblins. I wonder who's creepier Crusty or this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6N8FQp15I4

Rudy and Miss Isuzu at the cathedral was so beautiful. I was expecting maybe like a hug, but I think those two make a nice couple.

Feb 15, 2014 6:16 AM

Jun 2013
Great episode. Krusty is one wicked 'calm' badass.

Magito said:
Isuzu now has a new pet in the name of Rudy. lol

^THIS.

Nisx said:
ok we got it u found a way to cooking on the game
u dont have to mention it on each episode :X

No shit, but he is relating the thing that he's going to do with the cooking 'magic'. If he suddenly uses the 'manual scribing magic' without an explanation. It would be even more bullshit, he is not the God/GM, relating it to the cooking was a good thing to do.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Feb 15, 2014 6:19 AM
Nov 2013
report Shiroe for hacking
Feb 15, 2014 6:23 AM

Aug 2010
And somewhere in the world, beyond the Log Horizon, there is Chuck Norris... getting flamed for pulling one Crusty joke after another.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Feb 15, 2014 6:23 AM

Jan 2014
Okay 2 cour series, Why are all of you so freaking awesome! First Samumenco, then an exceptional kill la kill, an awesome golden time and finally A really really great episode of log horizon.

Its time for more shiroe and his assassin next time!
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Feb 15, 2014 6:30 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I just had to caption Crusty's creepy smile lol
http://i.imgur.com/2tA5kDM.png

Feb 15, 2014 6:31 AM

Sep 2011
Best golden retriever :D
Love, Hope and Hate are all but Desire by other names

First ever Tower of God RPG - http://umad-mazinbro.deviantart.com
Feb 15, 2014 6:35 AM
Jan 2014
outkastfox said:
Great episode. Love how everything is given to us at a good pace.
I've been wondering, but what if it turns out that akatsukuki is that one girl that was leader of the old guild Shiroe was in? That'd be pretty neat

Tea party leader's and Akatsuki's personality are very different :3. They're not same person. There's a side story about the tea party leader (Kanami) after the apocalypse, and it'll take a long time for her to meet Shiroe again. I'd really hope to see more of her in Shiroe's flashbacks, though.. but the poor Akatsuki won't stand a chance if Shiroe keeps thinking about her XD

At least we'll have more spotlight Akatsuki in the next episode. the title sounds good :D
Feb 15, 2014 6:43 AM

Sep 2008
Krusty's rape face was classic!

That princess better not drop the soap when around him lol

Even though he was starting to be a lil' likeable at the end, Rudy being rez'd is still a waste of good magic, should kill princess off and rez her instead
Feb 15, 2014 6:56 AM
Feb 2009
gg tht hax from shiroe lol cant for next weeks dance
Feb 15, 2014 7:01 AM
Sep 2013
Loved the episode. Shiroe finding a way of reviving Rudy was great and the scene with Miss Isuzu and him at the end was cute and funny (her "now give me your paw" and his face XD)

Krusty is really badass. And kind of creepy. I really wouldn't cross him.
Feb 15, 2014 7:01 AM
Jul 2013
They killed the Goblin King so easy, I wanted more action.
Feb 15, 2014 7:03 AM

Mar 2008
Glorious Leader confirmed as best Tea Party in all Elder Tale.

Apology said:
They killed the Goblin King so easy, I wanted more action.
I believe that was just the General? They were saying how the King wouldn't leave his hidey-hole.
Feb 15, 2014 7:16 AM

Oct 2011
“Shiroe, leader of the guild Log Horizon, establishes the following contract with Rundel Haus Code.

1. Effective as of the date and time which Rundel Haus Code signs this document, Shiroe accepts him as a member of the guild Log Horizon.

2. As a member of the guild Log Horizon, Rundel Haus Code will fulfill his missions in a manner befitting his position.

3. Log Horizon will provide Rundel Haus Code all necessary support required for his missions, to the greatest extent acceptable to both parties. This includes bestowing the status of “adventurer.”

4. This contract is signed in the spirit of mutual respect and agreement between both sides. Anything either party acquires, for the contract’s duration, remains theirs, even in the event that the contract is nullified. Two copies of this contract will be signed by both parties, and each party will retain a copy.”

http://99numbershunters.tumblr.com/post/76733396336/shiroe-leader-of-the-guild-log-horizon
Feb 15, 2014 7:23 AM

Jan 2013
That ending was awesome, next episode looks awesome, can;t wait to see what rudy does :D
Feb 15, 2014 7:25 AM

Nov 2012
rudy was saved and is now an adventurer, yayy :)
also that short krusty fanservice.. i approve ;)
Feb 15, 2014 7:29 AM

May 2013
Yay Rudy is back!
I really love the soundtracks they use in this anime <3
Feb 15, 2014 7:36 AM
Mar 2012
Holy shit, what a story breaker ability that Scribe class.

He can make new class with new spell which BEND THE WORLD LAW.
It means that Shiroe can make new spell that not restricted to enchanter class. He can make Summoner spells, Bard spells, Sorcerer spells, or even World Fraction itself. He already bend world law, right? Essentially he already in Game Master class. Not to mention Shiroe love to use class that hard to use / rare to use. I suspect there's not much scribe class in Elder Tale, and at high level like Shiroe as well.

Knowing this is Shiroe, I believe he will keep it secret about Scribe class and refrain to use "extra" spell to not give hint about his sub-class' versatility (including giving People of the Land sub-class Adventurer).
Feb 15, 2014 7:46 AM

May 2010
Dat atmosphere and great voice-acting... I love how Shiroe thinks. Loved Rundelhaus's character development and Isuzu x Rudy hint... even if he is dog-zoned... for real... Give me the romance...
Feb 15, 2014 7:56 AM
Oct 2013
Awesome episode 9/10 , crusty is so badass....and a little bit psycho i think ....
Damm...it just me or kanami is really so hot and sexsy
. Rudy officialy dog-zoned... Now isuzu can rub his tummy , and rudy as her "dog" can...hmmm u know give her.... *if u know what i mean*
Feb 15, 2014 8:12 AM
Oct 2013
Barion-Zara said:

This ep reminded me of how much I want to see more about Tea Party and esp Kanami. But I guess it won't be happening this season

Relax , u will see her again....maybe in ep 22-23

. If shiroe can turn people of the land to adventurer by signing a contract , maybe...he also can send back an adventurer to the real world using the same method ( but where he can find 30.000 high quality paper and ink )
Feb 15, 2014 8:18 AM

Apr 2013
ZeroAkito said:

Now the question is: How long will it take till someone spills the secret of Rudy being changed into an adventurer, everybody gets afraid of Shiroe and someone starts plotting against him ? :D

They thought he was an adventurer to begin with, so I don't see how that will ever become an issue
Feb 15, 2014 8:20 AM
Oct 2010
As if Shiroe wasn't cool enough, now he's using hack magic.

And also, now Rudy is an adventurer's dog. XD

Hmmm... couldn't Izuzu simply have made him a pet familiar? There probably wasn't a need to use Shiroe's sophisticated magic contract.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Feb 15, 2014 8:21 AM

Sep 2013
Ah so Rudy now has a subclass of Adventurer, so I'm guessing he's still a person of the land, but with the perks adventurers have? (i.e. reviving, guild and friend list etc.)
Feb 15, 2014 8:28 AM

Jul 2013
It's amazing how much detail they put into every occurrences. I thought at first that Rudy's revival would be some sort of magic that Shiroe acquired out of nowhere but the author managed to give us a legitimate explanation on both Rudy's revival and Shiroe's new ability..

Compare that to when Kirito magically revived after his HP reached 0 *smh*

On another note, Marielle's scream was so cute.. Now that Isuzu x Rudy's ship has sailed, it's time for Marielle x Naotsugu's ship to follow!

PS: Could Akatsuki be foreseeing the emergence of a future love rival? lol
MoeGodFeb 15, 2014 8:34 AM
Feb 15, 2014 8:29 AM

Jul 2013
Yay! Now Rudy have become an adventurer, thanks to Shiroe contract.

Crusty's smile.... makes me laugh for some reason.

And the goblins have been eradicated, celebration for next weeks episode.

Feb 15, 2014 8:36 AM

Dec 2013
I wonder if Rudy will ever get out of the "dog" house with Isuzu. This is why I love Log Horizon, they always do such a great job reusing things you learn about in previous episodes. In other news Krusty is an awesome "Berserker".
Feb 15, 2014 9:00 AM
Jun 2010
Aww, they changed the combat scene from the LN. The changes were still great to watch and did not disappoint, may actually say it's even better. The anime scene made it more focus on how baddass krusty is, whereas the LN show how OP the adventurer were compare to the PoL.

Here's the LN version:
LazyLuongFeb 15, 2014 9:07 AM
Feb 15, 2014 9:06 AM

Dec 2011
So Rundelhaus has his dream become reality as a result of his death, and is now basically in the same state as an adventurer who has died so many times that they've lost all memories of the... other world. Except that he has his memories still of his past in that world. Or does he? Was he affected by the memory loss in the same way that an adventurer would be? Would be interesting to find that out some time, but it's nothing particularly urgent.

And the battle is over, and won. The princess watched on with a mixture of wonder and repulsion as Krusty finished off the general. I guess the reinforcements were effective on the beach.

I wonder how many people died during the fight.

More flashback of that girl from Shiroe's party. I wonder if when she'll appear...

Hmm... what else will this newfound ability generate? Like a lot of super-powerful inventions, there are all sorts of negative possibilities that could come about...
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Feb 15, 2014 9:07 AM

Feb 2013
Love Love Love everywhere... Isuzu x Rudy, Marie x Naotsugu, Hime-chan x Krusty

another great episode, I would love to see Kanami.... I will definitely choose her as my favorite character (or I already choose her. lol)...Right now, I didn't have fav character here, everyone so stand out that make me love this show so much....
Feb 15, 2014 9:08 AM

May 2013
Lol Crusty's face when he is in battle. Isuzu is still treating him as a pet.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

265 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.