Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 21, 2009 9:21 AM

Jun 2009
at the risk of this being spamed i actually have a serious question for you anime Otaku....but its not about animu.

1 bottle of vodka a few pints and a lot of shots, my friend got into a fight because her friends boy friend was being an ass and she slapped him and then he punched her. When I steped in two guys attacked me and and then police were called and basically did nothing.

I have a massive headache/hangover a bit of bruises...not the evening i Had in mind when i went out last night.

despite this shit evening I woke up and started thinking about why. This is exactly why I stopped going out and became a basment otaku nerd that doesnt have ''a life'' not that this usually happens in fact this has never happend which is probly why im still a bit shaken up. Its exaclty this reason I wanted to become srong but even then if that situation happend and I ended up beating up the guy wouldnt i just end up being the bully?

Why do we poison our bodies?
why do we cause so much pain to eachother?
why do humans seem to be the only creature with a self destructive attitude to life?
what is it exactly that makes humans so deeply sad that they do this pretty much every friday saturady night for most of there lives?

this is excatly what ive been thinking and I want to know what your views on the self destruction of self of humans. I was talking to my freind and she was telling me that she sort of has this urge to jump in front of a car, we laughed about it, but then she starts this fight and prety much drags the whole of us into as well, thats when I started thinking that basically she did jump in front of a car it just the car was human shaped and flesh so she got away pretty much unhurt, although he did hit her pretty hard from what I saw just befor I steped in.

troll away guise.
HISTORYJun 21, 2009 9:25 AM
you are a parasite that lives off others suffering. no i do not care what happend/happens to you.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 21, 2009 9:25 AM

May 2008
GET_OUT_DA_WAY said:

You can answer that. Drinking sux. And to top it off, you even do it around other people?

Awful.
Jun 21, 2009 9:26 AM

Jun 2009
hikky said:
GET_OUT_DA_WAY said:

You can answer that. Drinking sux. And to top it off, you even do it around other people?

Awful.

sure, but why? what is this desire to want to poison youself at all let alone in front of other or alone.
you are a parasite that lives off others suffering. no i do not care what happend/happens to you.
Jun 21, 2009 9:27 AM

May 2008
GET_OUT_DA_WAY said:
hikky said:
GET_OUT_DA_WAY said:

Awful.

sure, but why? what is this desire to want to poison youself at all let alone in front of other or alone.

No desire to speak of here. You're the one with a hangover.
Jun 21, 2009 9:33 AM

Jun 2009
hikky said:
GET_OUT_DA_WAY said:
hikky said:
GET_OUT_DA_WAY said:

Awful.

but im not the only person in the world drinking. I dont even drink that much last night was a celebration, a freinds birthday. but this is strange its dumb to say I wanted a good time now know what happend, plus essentially I was poising my body allnight, but i dont do it every weekend or even everyday. I guess the self destruction aspect came out last night in a big way. I just want to know why?

humans are the only creature to commit suicides and do this shit. its stupid. where does this self destruction come from.
Jun 21, 2009 9:34 AM

Aug 2008
Why must you always post threads that involve you and alcohol?
We get it, you drink, now fuck off.

As for self-destruction, it's life affirming.
Jun 21, 2009 9:36 AM

Dec 2007

You actually don't. All the known drugs have a benefic pharmacological effect in lower doses than the usually taken, including alchohol. The benefic effect of alchohol includes cell regeneration, reduction of blood pressure and metabolization of sugars. It's a psychological euphoric. However, it is metabolized in the liver. If you drink too much the liver will freak out.

Considering you are talking about alchohol, remember that it is an euphoric. Meaning that the things you are restraining to do, including falcon punch, are released. =)

why do humans seem to be the only creature with a self destructive attitude to life?

Because we have a bigger cortex.

what is it exactly that makes humans so deeply sad that they do this pretty much every friday saturady night for most of there lives?

It's not that the rest of the week is sad, it's just that the weekend is happier. To solve this problem I recomend going out at Thursdays and Wednesdays.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Jun 21, 2009 9:41 AM

Jun 2009
ladyxzeus said:

You actually don't. All the known drugs have a benefic pharmacological effect in lower doses than the usually taken, including alchohol. The benefic effect of alchohol includes cell regeneration, reduction of blood pressure and metabolization of sugars. It's a psychological euphoric. However, it is metabolized in the liver. If you drink too much the liver will freak out.

Considering you are talking about alchohol, remember that it is an euphoric. Meaning that the things you are restraining to do, including falcon punch, are released. =)

Because we have a bigger cortex.

It's not that the rest of the week is sad, it's just that the weekend is happier. To solve this problem I recomend going out at Thursdays and Wednesdays.

interesting, but the alcholho part isnt really important. it more the pycological self destruction aspect. You say its because be have bigger cortex, but whales have a much bigger cortex, maybey im wrong your the vet. still i dont understand this desire to want to pick a fight with some guy that like twice the size of you or cut you wrists or hang yourself w/e. it just self destruction seems stupid in some way since it goes directly agaist survival principles. Why is this do you think?
Jun 21, 2009 9:53 AM

Aug 2008
GET_OUT_DA_WAY said:

'cause your parents haven't brainwashed you like my did.
Jun 21, 2009 9:56 AM

Jun 2009
Esley said:
GET_OUT_DA_WAY said:

'cause your parents haven't brainwashed you like my did.

i see. could be i guess. still im just one person. millions of people every day do this and it just seems weird.
Jun 21, 2009 9:58 AM
Jun 2008
yarbles said:
Why must you always post threads that involve you and alcohol?
We get it, you drink, now fuck off.

This.
Jun 21, 2009 10:27 AM

Dec 2007
GET_OUT_DA_WAY said:

interesting, but the alcholho part isnt really important. it more the pycological self destruction aspect. You say its because be have bigger cortex, but whales have a much bigger cortex, maybey im wrong your the vet. still i dont understand this desire to want to pick a fight with some guy that like twice the size of you or cut you wrists or hang yourself w/e. it just self destruction seems stupid in some way since it goes directly agaist survival principles. Why is this do you think?

Nope. Please look at the following scheme I googled:

1 is the frontal lobe, that is responsible for movement and synchronization; 1a is the temporal lobe responsible for many things including language; 2 is the cerebelum, responsible for the "instincts" and balance.

As you see, the human has the lobes, composed by cortical matter, very developed compared to the whale and to the elephant. Both the whale and the elephant have highly developed audition and perception areas, as evidenced by 1a, however the human has bigger differentiate areas for language and conceptuality. Finally, the cerebelum is that cute squiggly thing that provokes animalesque behaviour (the natural one anyway). The animals have it huge. I don't. Don't really know about anyone else.

As for attacking bigger things, social carnivores are known to this. Nobody is sure of the reason, but we theorize that it is to "mark a presence". Maybe the same happens with the human being. Now let's go back to the cerebelum. It's that kind of organ that tells you "yo, don't kill your mate because you may need it for your species to survive later". This is why wolves don't kill the weaker ones as soon as they lose the fight. We don't have it as developed, ok that may be a reason.

And the fun thing is that alchohol takes even more of this sense of species preserverance because it affects many parts of the cerebelum. The better known one is balance (cerebelum does it. To be specific the medial branch connecting to the pons does it).

Bah. Why do I even try?
Jun 21, 2009 10:36 AM
Apr 2009
Bloody snobs we have here on MAL. If all you can do is ridicule, go try it on people in person.

Anyway, I never understand people with the feature of self destruction. I know this particular girl who deliberately overdosed herself with sleeping pills a couple of times. The last time she was taken to a psychiatric hospital where the doctor's observation was that she did it to gain attention. The same girl slitted her wrists a couple of times too, but was careful not to cut herself too deeply - it was the same regarding the sleeping pills, she took as much as was required to end up at a hospital without being dead.
QuitMalJun 21, 2009 10:55 AM
Jun 21, 2009 10:53 AM

Jun 2009
ladyxzeus said:
GET_OUT_DA_WAY said:

Nope. Please look at the following scheme I googled:

1 is the frontal lobe, that is responsible for movement and synchronization; 1a is the temporal lobe responsible for many things including language; 2 is the cerebelum, responsible for the "instincts" and balance.

As you see, the human has the lobes, composed by cortical matter, very developed compared to the whale and to the elephant. Both the whale and the elephant have highly developed audition and perception areas, as evidenced by 1a, however the human has bigger differentiate areas for language and conceptuality. Finally, the cerebelum is that cute squiggly thing that provokes animalesque behaviour (the natural one anyway). The animals have it huge. I don't. Don't really know about anyone else.

As for attacking bigger things, social carnivores are known to this. Nobody is sure of the reason, but we theorize that it is to "mark a presence". Maybe the same happens with the human being. Now let's go back to the cerebelum. It's that kind of organ that tells you "yo, don't kill your mate because you may need it for your species to survive later". This is why wolves don't kill the weaker ones as soon as they lose the fight. We don't have it as developed, ok that may be a reason.

And the fun thing is that alchohol takes even more of this sense of species preserverance because it affects many parts of the cerebelum. The better known one is balance (cerebelum does it. To be specific the medial branch connecting to the pons does it).

Bah. Why do I even try?

thats amazing. it pretty much expalin everything. thanks.

i dont know if i have this the right way around so help me out if i got it wrong. but, if youhave a more developed cortex you less violent? less developed means more animalistic? this means i suppose its true that jocks and such are actualy less evolved than say an otaku nerd or geek w/e. at least thats sort of what it looks like maybey i have it wrong but its interesting anyway.

so thoeratically, if you had the most evolved cortex youd be so docile you would becomes almost food for the more agressive aanimalitc humans.

this seems like zombieism to me, mindless animals vs placid thinking reasoning humans. well anyway its as i said it does explain alot. its actualy really interesting. im so glad people like you exist ^_^

i wonder if there is a drug that can develope the cortex, like som kind of grothe hormone of somthing?
Jun 21, 2009 10:58 AM

Dec 2007
hikky said:
GET_OUT_DA_WAY said:
hikky said:
GET_OUT_DA_WAY said:

Awful.

I was about to say so, you're the one that needs to grow up, drinking that shit on a daily base.

Same goes for the other things you listed. They all apply to your 'species', the kind that goes drinking every friday and saturday, the kind that has uberly overdone primitive behavior, the kind that, regardless of physical age, will always be stuck at the age of 16.

Seriously, I can't imagine guys like you not being hideously ashamed of yourself.
Jun 21, 2009 11:09 AM

Jun 2009
Chavez said:
hikky said:
GET_OUT_DA_WAY said:
hikky said:
GET_OUT_DA_WAY said:

Awful.

I was about to say so, you're the one that needs to grow up, drinking that shit on a daily base.

Same goes for the other things you listed. They all apply to your 'species', the kind that goes drinking every friday and saturday, the kind that has uberly overdone primitive behavior, the kind that, regardless of physical age, will always be stuck at the age of 16.

Seriously, I can't imagine guys like you not being hideously ashamed of yourself.

as i said it was a friend birthday, not somthing i do every week. if you post had a LITTEL more thought like lady zeus you might actualy have a conversation worth persuing with.....anyone.
Jun 21, 2009 11:23 AM

Dec 2007
Just to clear something... The brains don't make you more or less violent. Violence is not a random thing like moving around. You have that ability inside you so you can hunt stuff to eat and protect your territory.

Probably you want to protect your territory by stating your position and biting the head of a big guy. Or maybe you are showing that ability as mating courtship behaviour.

Anyway, what the brain does is to analyse the situation and throw some nifty signs and stuff to the blood that helps you to solve the situation. At the given example, hitting a "big guy" the brain interpretates his presence as threat and throws some adrenaline to your blood and enables you to fight for your life. =) The "big guy" will most likely answer with a defensive behaviour. The cerebelum section I told about concerns more the defensive behaviour than the attack. Attacking things randomly is a waste of energy and therefore wild animals don't do it. Since we humans don't have many entertaining things trying to kill us at our daily lives, we attack things randomly.

Therefore, your cortex has nothing to do with your docility. It only gives you the tools for a successful agression. If you get a bigger cortex you will be able to move better, for example, as the frontal lobe is what rules the motor ability.

Also, there are not ways to make your brain bigger because then it would not fit your skull and you'd die. However there are drugs that accelerate brain connections, for example cocaine, and drugs that stimulate selectively different functional areas of your brain, for example LSD. We're yet to find one that makes us use all the neurones we have as backup.

I hope this clears all your doubts. The only way you have to be a decent and docile human being that does not risk his life by getting into fights is to:

#1 Troll less and troll better
#2 Stop drinking inconsciently
#3 Smoke instead of drinking
#4 Drink tons of water after drinking to prevent hangover and hangover posts.
Jun 21, 2009 11:26 AM
Jun 2008
ladyxzeus said:

#1 Troll less and troll better
#2 Stop drinking inconsciently
#3 Smoke instead of drinking
#4 Drink tons of water after drinking to prevent hangover and hangover posts.

He's not really drinking properly if he's still able to come online and spam MAL while having a hangover.
Jun 21, 2009 11:40 AM

Jun 2009
your sort of missing the point. the hangover is all but gone now. at any rate whether is cocain alcohol w/e its all posison in the body. my question is why would do people have a self destructive mechanism at all? why commit suicide, smoke drink w/e at all. I dont understand it. it has nothing to do with drinking or drugs specifically they are just symptoms of the problem of self destrcuton, yes it explain alot about animal behaviour but really, i still havent come up witha reason as to why people want to self harm and self destruct consistantly.

no i dont drink consistantly, or do drugs. its a rarity i go out these days at all exactly because of this kind of behaviour from others...so no.

at anyrate after last night and this morings hangover i just dont understans why people do this regularly at all, it just makes no sense to me, niether does anyself harm, i t goes agaist survivla principles. everything you said is about sex mating vet i guess it makes sense, but yet you miss the obviousanimals etc dont self destruct, they fight sure, they protect, but they dont think ''oh i know ill go and cut myself and poison myself, that goes against survival instincts.
Jun 21, 2009 11:48 AM

Dec 2007
As explained, the behaviour is not destructive per se. It has a function.

Animals also have psychogenic self destructive behaviours, like eating parts of their own body. It is a stress and pain escape. Same for us.
Jun 21, 2009 11:50 AM

Jan 2009
I don't get this.
I'd like tossing your salad.-"Yuru"/MMMKD
DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM MOTHERFUCKER?-SophieWophie<3
Jun 21, 2009 11:51 AM

Jul 2007
Lol, alcohol.
Jun 21, 2009 12:07 PM

Jun 2009
I guess this could be considered from a couple of different view points. I'll just mention two of them that I think about when I see people who continually participate in detrimental behavior.

#1 - To show that they're not vulnerable individuals. This kind of comes off as a paradox. I think participating in such behaviors somehow is proving to them that they're in charge of their life - that they have the ability to do whatever they want, even to the extent of bringing harm to themselves. They don't let other people hurt them because they hurt themselves first.

#2 - To drown out the other problems in their life. Again, it's something of a control issue. They put themselves in a situation where once again they think they have control over their lives for a time period. They don't have to deal with everything else, and can focus on the high of the moment. Sadly, some people live for those tiny highs, even if they do bring about harm afterwards.

Are these why most people go out and get wasted? I have no idea. I can't put myself in their shoes. But I think a couple people certainly have underlying issues when they do.
Jun 21, 2009 12:26 PM
Jan 2009
GET_OUT_DA_WAY said:
[...]Why do we poison our bodies?
Because we only know how good it feels to be alive when we are nearly dead.

GET_OUT_DA_WAY said:
For various reasons, but not necessarily on purpose. Human life is just simply a life full of misunderstandings and ignorance concerning the needs and thoughts of others. Ideally one should know that helping the society also means helping yourself in the end, but we are rather focused on a nearsighted way of life.

GET_OUT_DA_WAY said:
Because there is no other creature on this planet who ever started thinking about the sense of his life and doings (I don't know any besides us).

GET_OUT_DA_WAY said:
what is it exactly that makes humans so deeply sad that they do this pretty much every friday saturady night for most of there lives? [...]
Only the industrialized countries seem to live this kind of life, or at least this intensively. As I said: We do often only appreciate our health when it's going down.
31fasdfdyxJun 21, 2009 12:30 PM
Jun 21, 2009 12:44 PM

May 2008
We are greedy.
We are selfish.
We are pointless.
We are sheep...no wait that's offensive to sheep!
Jun 21, 2009 12:46 PM

Aug 2007
Because we don't. Alcohol isn't poison.
Jun 21, 2009 1:13 PM

Jun 2009
some interesting points.

the thing about failing health could be right, it sounds pretty acuarate. I had a tooth ache the other day and damn it hurt, after i saw the denists and he sorted it out i fellt great, he even described it as sqauezing a spot a moment of pain and then relife. I guess that why people do it, i suppose suicide may even hurt for a moment but then relife of never having to go through that again.

and yes alcohol is a poison, but i dont want to get into semantics about it.
Jun 21, 2009 1:25 PM

Aug 2007
GET_OUT_DA_WAY said:
some interesting points.

the thing about failing health could be right, it sounds pretty acuarate. I had a tooth ache the other day and damn it hurt, after i saw the denists and he sorted it out i fellt great, he even described it as sqauezing a spot a moment of pain and then relife. I guess that why people do it, i suppose suicide may even hurt for a moment but then relife of never having to go through that again.

If it was poison then alcohol would be illegal.
Jun 21, 2009 1:32 PM

Jun 2009
Drunk_Samurai said:
GET_OUT_DA_WAY said:
some interesting points.

that statment is so nieve of you.
Jun 21, 2009 1:33 PM

Jun 2009
Just because it isn't illegal doesn't mean that alcohol can't be a poison. Of course, some things are clearly more poisonous than others. Drink enough alcohol at once and it will kill you though. In that regards it is indeed a poison.
Jun 21, 2009 1:35 PM

Aug 2007
GET_OUT_DA_WAY said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
GET_OUT_DA_WAY said:
some interesting points.

Not at all. Because according to your logic alcohol is really named cyanide.
Jun 21, 2009 1:37 PM

Jun 2009
Drunk_Samurai said:
GET_OUT_DA_WAY said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
GET_OUT_DA_WAY said:
some interesting points.

Not at all. Because according to your logic alcohol is really named cyanide.

that is not what i am saying at all. pleas stop being an idiot in my thread. the question has been answered to the best of the ability of MAL, go away now theres a good boy.
Jun 21, 2009 1:40 PM

Dec 2007
Even sugar is a poison =D At the dose of like... 20kg per body mass kg in a single and immediate intravenous application.
Jun 21, 2009 1:44 PM

Jun 2009
ladyxzeus said:
Even sugar is a poison =D At the dose of like... 20kg per body mass kg in a single and immediate intravenous application.

i suppose if you want to look at it that way everything can be a poison on some level sure. i guess alchohol is just higer up on the scale.

anyway it wierd because i wouldnt consider myself to have a self destructive mechanism, yet everynow and then i indulge inthe self destructive behaviour. i dont get, i think that probly why im at odds with myself, since i dont think that self destructive behavior patterns are in my best intersest, still i inact them every now and again. it just boggles my brian as to why. even though you explain certain animla mechanims , it still doesnt explain why that exists at all in anyform.
Jun 21, 2009 1:50 PM

Mar 2008
OP confirmed for a massive emo.

Also, you hust youreself because you want to punish youreself for leading a life you don't like.
Jun 21, 2009 1:55 PM

Jun 2009
Dozer said:

Also, you hust youreself because you want to punish youreself for leading a life you don't like.

could be. i think here have been times i felt i did somthing wrong and desreved punishment, yet none came. i dont punish myself by doing typical things like cutting etc, but last night i got into a fight by proxy because of my friend. now i dont know, as i was laying there on the floor being kicked in the head by the two guy who were attacking my freind and now me, i thought to myself, perhaps i did somthing wrong karmically, maybey this is karmic punisment for doing somthing wrong in a previous life or w/e

if thats emo then sure.
Jun 21, 2009 2:04 PM

Apr 2009

Smoking is a poison, you would think that would be illegal too that aside.

I use to do the same crap in High school, but I had a revelation when someone told me that if we where on the path to destruction the world would have ended long time ago and even if it did it will be, because of one persons stupid delusion.

Also he told me if I ever touched alcohol again he would drag me behind his car naked with sign on my butt saying this is what happens when you give up on life. I laugh so hard, that I realized sad as is was this is my wake up call (and there was a possibility he might do it).

I've been sober ever since and I can't say my life is bed of roses, but I am happy tricking out cars and watching anime.

To summarize a response for the main topic that you could ask "Why don't people do harmful things to themselves and others" .Its a bit silly, but you would more likely get a reasonable response.
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Jun 21, 2009 2:09 PM

Dec 2007
Mechanisms don't have any reason for existing. They just exist.

Like everything else, including you.
Jun 21, 2009 2:30 PM

Jun 2009
ladyxzeus said:
Mechanisms don't have any reason for existing. They just exist.

Like everything else, including you.

that really neither here nor there. say it just exist means you dont have an idea why, so there really is no point in trying to explain it. howvere it is at least worh pondering why, perhaps somthing good can come from it, perhaps change of that mechanism maybey tough, but could be achived perhaps through introspective analysis, maybey not, but either way i dont understand why a self destructive patteren exists if the main goal of life is to survive, it make absolutley no sense.
Jun 21, 2009 2:42 PM

Jun 2009
Basically Humans Tend to find a way to destroy themselves or destroy other people or get destroyed

IE:
Hitler > Jews
Drugs > kurt cobain/Layne Staley
religion > crusades/all wars
ATOM BOMB
ak47
Jun 21, 2009 2:42 PM

Jun 2009
Progenitor said:
Basically Humans Tend to find a way to destroy themselves or destroy other people or get destroyed

IE:
Hitler > Jews
ATOM BOMB
ak47

yeah....but WHY
Jun 21, 2009 2:43 PM

Jun 2009
Progenitor said:

IE:
Hitler > Jews
ATOM BOMB
ak47

yeah....but WHY
Jun 21, 2009 2:44 PM

Jun 2009
GET_OUT_DA_WAY said:
Progenitor said:

IE:
Hitler > Jews
ATOM BOMB
ak47

yeah....but WHY

Its our nature...Supremacy
Jun 21, 2009 2:45 PM

Jun 2009
Progenitor said:
GET_OUT_DA_WAY said:
Progenitor said:

IE:
Hitler > Jews
ATOM BOMB
ak47

yeah....but WHY

why would self destruction be in the nature of somthing that essentially want to survive...it makes no sense.
Jun 21, 2009 2:48 PM

Jun 2009
GET_OUT_DA_WAY said:
Progenitor said:
GET_OUT_DA_WAY said:
Progenitor said:

IE:
Hitler > Jews
ATOM BOMB
ak47

yeah....but WHY

why would self destruction be in the nature of somthing that essentially want to survive...it makes no sense.

Because they want power which leads to destruction which leads to supremacy again towards destruction ...its a paradox...now dont ask me to explain paradox....
Jun 21, 2009 2:51 PM

Aug 2007
CurseDestiny said:

Smoking is a poison, you would think that would be illegal too that aside.

I use to do the same crap in High school, but I had a revelation when someone told me that if we where on the path to destruction the world would have ended long time ago and even if it did it will be, because of one persons stupid delusion.

Also he told me if I ever touched alcohol again he would drag me behind his car naked with sign on my butt saying this is what happens when you give up on life. I laugh so hard, that I realized sad as is was this is my wake up call (and there was a possibility he might do it).

I've been sober ever since and I can't say my life is bed of roses, but I am happy tricking out cars and watching anime.

To summarize a response for the main topic that you could ask "Why don't people do harmful things to themselves and others" .Its a bit silly, but you would more likely get a reasonable response.

Sounds like your "friend" is an asshole.
Jun 21, 2009 2:52 PM

Aug 2007
GET_OUT_DA_WAY said:
Dozer said:

could be. i think here have been times i felt i did somthing wrong and desreved punishment, yet none came. i dont punish myself by doing typical things like cutting etc, but last night i got into a fight by proxy because of my friend. now i dont know, as i was laying there on the floor being kicked in the head by the two guy who were attacking my freind and now me, i thought to myself, perhaps i did somthing wrong karmically, maybey this is karmic punisment for doing somthing wrong in a previous life or w/e

if thats emo then sure.

No. They deserve getting run over by a steamroller for defending somebody who punched a girl.
Jun 21, 2009 2:53 PM

Jan 2009
Why do people Self destruct? Because these people believe that Self Destructing is better then living this life.
Jun 21, 2009 2:53 PM

Jun 2009
Progenitor said:
GET_OUT_DA_WAY said:
Progenitor said:
GET_OUT_DA_WAY said:
Progenitor said:

IE:
Hitler > Jews
ATOM BOMB
ak47

yeah....but WHY

Because they want power which leads to destruction which leads to supremacy again towards destruction ...its a paradox...now dont ask me to explain paradox....

it not a paradox, your reasoning is based on the principle that its fundamentally who we are....how can somthing that want to survive also want to simulataneously kill its self, it makes no sense. power wars etc are all part of the self destruction, how does that self destruction help you to survive? if you fundamental principle is to survive it goes against the very nature of life itself, it makes no sense. it not a pardox so much a quandry about why this is the way it is. why the hell would you hang yourself take an overdose or w/e kill yourself in anyway when your who reason for living is to survive...its super dumb.
Jun 21, 2009 2:56 PM

Jun 2009
GET_OUT_DA_WAY said:
Progenitor said:
GET_OUT_DA_WAY said:
Progenitor said:
GET_OUT_DA_WAY said:
Progenitor said:

IE:
Hitler > Jews
ATOM BOMB
ak47

yeah....but WHY

it not a paradox, your reasoning is based on the principle that its fundamentally who we are....how can somthing that want to survive also want to simulataneously kill its self, it makes no sense. power wars etc are all part of the self destruction, how does that self destruction help you to survive? if you fundamental principle is to survive it goes against the very nature of life itself, it makes no sense. it not a pardox so much a quandry about why this is the way it is. why the hell would you hang yourself take an overdose or w/e kill yourself in anyway when your who reason for living is to survive...its super dumb.

Go listen to heero Yui's Speech on man it kinda explains...pretty realistic besides the colony part
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.