Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Aug 25, 2017 12:18 PM

Jul 2014
that was fucking disappointing and stupid.
Aug 28, 2017 6:47 AM

Oct 2015
This was a great anime and every thing was satisfying that's why I will watch the movie. I thought that last missile will hit him and Saki but it turned out great and most of all he is now the king. We never got see Mr outside but it turned out okay
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 28, 2017 6:49 AM

Oct 2015
In real life NEET's are useless and cost the economy (DAMN LAZY BASTARDS)
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 8, 2017 3:52 PM

Oct 2011
lool at NEET power

Oct 8, 2017 9:05 PM

Jan 2017
I love it, but I was disappointed. Confused about this series.
Nov 11, 2017 12:52 PM

Feb 2012
pantsu is alive :o

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Dec 30, 2017 5:26 AM

Feb 2015
Nice finale to the show. Akira managed to save the day with the help of the NEETs in spectacular fashion. So glad to see Panties survived...The computer retrieval scene was lol OMG. What a note to end on...Akira brainwashing himself again and leaving his phone to Saki. Poor girl...Her statement about the public and rumors is such a true statement...

Overall, I loved this show. Each ep had just the right amount of intriguing moments and new questions to make me eager for the next episode. Nice animation from IG and loved the soundtrack. I'm really looking forward to continuing the story in the movies.

Feb 11, 2018 5:53 PM

Feb 2015
The episode was pretty normal, lot of mysteries unresolved and an unpredictable future for our characters. I think that the anime lacked of explanations.
Feb 21, 2018 7:10 PM

Sep 2017
The ending was better than I thought it would be, however, I still need to watch the movies for this. I got to say that this series made good on its ending unlike other series of just limited episodes. The overall theme was fun. Also, Takizawa noticed Ohsugi's balls, in not just figuratively, but literally too. This cannot become any more weird.

Good plan though, using the NEETs in order to save the country. But become king to save Japan? Where have I heard that before?

Good episode, however, I am still doubtful on the entire show as it would be. I am not gonna pass out on the movies though.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Dec 4, 2018 11:08 AM

Mar 2018
I can't understand why this show has such a high score. It's a 5/10 for me and I don't think I'll even bother with the movies.
Jan 30, 2019 8:05 AM
Apr 2016
Well, decent ending, but I feel like it's still unfinished.. Well, still have a lot of movies, so I'm guessing it fills the gap. Good anime, enjoyed it a lot!
Feb 9, 2019 1:20 PM

Sep 2017
i've always believed it's not possible to enjoy a show with bad story and character writing. looks like i was wrong. also it's interesting how this was considered amazing 10 years ago..
May 25, 2019 4:13 PM

Mar 2019
interesting series, pretty open ended with Akira manipulating himself again, i hope the 2 movies will continue the story properly.

i wonder though, was it on purpose that Osugi seems to be nothing more than an annoying spoiled 5-year old that grew too large?
Jul 3, 2019 4:03 AM

Jul 2011
For me this show just went from very promising to very disappointing, especially when you consider the movies. It's just like Guilty Crown. Strong start, boring middle and ass ending.
Aug 18, 2019 7:35 AM

Feb 2014
One of the most weirdest shows I've ever seen. Has a good sense of system and laws but all those nude Johnny's hangin around was hell in a cell.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 11, 2020 3:02 PM

Jun 2013
That was a fantastic anime! Two episodes ago I thought that the ending may be a bit rushed with what appeared to be the climax forming, but I was surely mistaken! It felt perfectly paced, no overload of information, and to my surprised it did not feel rushed at all!

10 out of 10. Looking forward to watching the movie!
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
May 14, 2020 6:16 AM

Feb 2020
PANTSU IS ALIVE ! WOOOHOOO ! (How though ? He looked pretty dead to me the last time we saw him...)

I don't get it. Akira has become prince, but prince of what ? Japan ? And why did he put his phone is Saki's pocket ? And why exactly did he bomb Japan ? And why did he pass himself as the villain ? I'M LOST, HELP !!! And wait, are Micchon and the others okay ?
Other than that, this episode, while confusing, was pretty good. However this show as a whole is a disappointment.
It had a lot of great ideas, but none of them have been explored correctly. For exemple, Akira's character could have been a great, very complex one... But there are many things missing. It's frustrating because I could see the actual potential, especially in this episode, but at the end, nothing. I mean, sure, a completely random guy becoming a hero is interesting but they could've done much more with that.
As for the rest, the pacing wasn't good at all, and a lot of the writing wasn't handled correctly to the point it felt lazy.
The only character I truly liked was Pantsu (and maybe Micchon, I have nothing against her, but they should've developed her more), the others were just a bunch of stupidity and incoherence.
I give this show a 5/10. In my rating system, it's not an awful score, it's just literally average. I think average defines this show well.
I don't know if I'll watch the movies, the plot still intrigued me so maybe I'll check them out if I don't know what to watch.
Nov 13, 2020 10:21 AM

Aug 2018
A few cg crowd shots in this episode. Also is it just me or was that more complicated that it should of been
_______I like rocks__
Feb 6, 2021 7:11 PM

Aug 2017
Not very good in the end. Score too high in my opinion.
Feb 10, 2021 7:48 AM

Apr 2017
No good deed goes unpunished Takizawa boy.

That'll be 3 Johnnies out of 10 from me.
cunnysseur
Mar 3, 2021 9:37 PM
Feb 2016
I read a bunch of replies in this thread, its interesting to see how this show used to be considered amazing but the more recent forum posts show that the current opinion on the show has changed. The anime is at least 12 years old so I guess this is a testament to how anime has improved and how the standards for a good show have risen in the last decade. I personally thought the show was ok like a 6/10 but it was recommended by the guys on trash taste so I thought I would give it watch..

0.o
Aug 1, 2021 5:05 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Welp, after skimming through the comments on this thread all the way from 2009 I came to the conclusion that maybe this show wasn't for me after all.

From the start, the way Akira and Saki met was just plain bizarre and felt kinda forced. I mean, she was throwing coins at the White House for whatever reason and just before getting questioned about it a naked guy with a gun from across the street came and talk to her and instead of running away she thought he could be her prince after lending him her coat and chasing him down the street for lending him her passport. Ummm, what? Maybe there was more to that and I didn't pay attention to but this interaction still sticks in my mind as being dumb.

Side note, why is it that in half of the episodes someone was naked for whatever reason? Was it for the laughs, the cringy "Johnny" metaphors, or was there some other ulterior motive? It was as uncomfortable as the whole encounter with the woman who chop off dicks killing people but then got out getting arrested or any kind of punishment by performing a "magic trick".

Plus, as the episodes went on, the "romantic" interactions between the main characters were either arkward or forced. While Akira was looking more and more suspicious Saki nor her group (except for one person) didn't really complain or say anything about it until much later and nothing ended up coming off it, probably due to the last episode's exposition.

Lastly, I'll give the finale the benefit of the doubt and assume that everything Saki explained to the gang was what she deduced from what she heard from the call, since I don't remember from the previous episode it getting much explanation. Other than that, the missle show didn't leave me with that much of an impact as it seemed that the conflict from the previous episode was solved too quickly.

I'm not sure if I'll watch the movies in the future or not. This really didn't leave up to how it was sold to me. Such a shame.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Aug 26, 2021 4:05 AM

May 2020
When you've watched a lot of anime, you think you've seen the horizons of what human imagination can come up with. Or at least, that's what I thought, until I saw a final act involving 20000 naked men saving Japan from a missile strike.

This was a very weird anime, from its plot to how it was executed. I'm definitely not all gaga over it like a lot of the posts above are but it was at the very least, kind of entertaining.
Sep 6, 2021 12:53 AM

Mar 2016
Best example of anime that sacrifices art and fully optimized it into animation which is pretty cool in my opinion.

Animation at the mobs and cars movement are very detailed and beautiful which make the enviroment pretty much 1000% more alive. Simply best one i ever seen after rewatched it again

9/10 for me. The fact that this is original stuff make this even better

Feb 25, 2022 8:53 AM
Dec 2021
good. This anime was interesting. I liked the mc a lot, he is handsome.
Mar 24, 2022 12:50 AM

May 2020
Seems this ending is cliffhanger. Thought looking forward for the next series. It is quite entertaining but not much. All the mystery they show is nice. Pants is alright, data spread up, Akira truth revealed, Yuuki kun betrayed as Akira did before. This in the tragedy Monday Reckless, Akira take his burden with no one around. This time he had Saki who trust him so much. There will be a new things in the movie. Do you guys know why the driver taxi got a screen? Yeahh, it is Mr Outside who drive them to Toyosu. It just my opinion thought. Overall a good show.
Mar 27, 2022 2:59 AM
Aug 2015
I don't get why this is so highly ranked. For me it was a complete waste of time
Jul 17, 2022 7:01 AM

Jun 2020
what an odd way to conclude a story with potential. we had a character explain half of the lore rather than it being explored by the characters themselves, plot is hazy at best with characters who had no time to be introduced. i doubt the movies will compensate for all of the strange plot holes.
Mar 9, 2023 10:43 PM

Feb 2023
Terium said:
For me this show just went from very promising to very disappointing, especially when you consider the movies. It's just like Guilty Crown. Strong start, boring middle and ass ending.
Is that to say you have watched the 2 movies released afterwards then?

hik1komori said:
what an odd way to conclude a story with potential. we had a character explain half of the lore rather than it being explored by the characters themselves, plot is hazy at best with characters who had no time to be introduced. i doubt the movies will compensate for all of the strange plot holes.
I'll let you know if it makes any sense. 
rasterman7 said:
Welp, after skimming through the comments on this thread all the way from 2009 I came to the conclusion that maybe this show wasn't for me after all.

From the start, the way Akira and Saki met was just plain bizarre and felt kinda forced. I mean, she was throwing coins at the White House for whatever reason and just before getting questioned about it a naked guy with a gun from across the street came and talk to her and instead of running away she thought he could be her prince after lending him her coat and chasing him down the street for lending him her passport. Ummm, what? Maybe there was more to that and I didn't pay attention to but this interaction still sticks in my mind as being dumb.

Side note, why is it that in half of the episodes someone was naked for whatever reason? Was it for the laughs, the cringy "Johnny" metaphors, or was there some other ulterior motive? It was as uncomfortable as the whole encounter with the woman who chop off dicks killing people but then got out getting arrested or any kind of punishment by performing a "magic trick".

Plus, as the episodes went on, the "romantic" interactions between the main characters were either arkward or forced. While Akira was looking more and more suspicious Saki nor her group (except for one person) didn't really complain or say anything about it until much later and nothing ended up coming off it, probably due to the last episode's exposition.

Lastly, I'll give the finale the benefit of the doubt and assume that everything Saki explained to the gang was what she deduced from what she heard from the call, since I don't remember from the previous episode it getting much explanation. Other than that, the missle show didn't leave me with that much of an impact as it seemed that the conflict from the previous episode was solved too quickly.

I'm not sure if I'll watch the movies in the future or not. This really didn't leave up to how it was sold to me. Such a shame.
I agree with this alot. I was actually looking forward to this again, since I've seen it once already 12 years ago with my gf and thought it was pretty good -- at the time. Now tho, after watching it again, I can not only agree with you but add to it that their relationship makes no sense in the slightest. Even if you apply the most basic/absurd of logic like -- "love at first sight" or "he's just really cute/handsome" he leads her into the most suspicious and dangerous places/situations she can get into. 

She also knows next to nothing about him other than personality-wise other than "he could be a nice guy". 

And I have no idea why it was necessary to have a bunch of naked people either. Say I don't understand "Japanese mentality" or "politics" but I doubt having 20,000 NEETS take off their clothes? And throw away their cell phones? To then go into a shipping container charted for Dubai then BACK to japan makes any political sense, nor common sense to any human being.

I am severely disappointed that there was such a lack of action in the show. My memory betrayed me because for some reason my brain latched onto the "I'am like Jason Bourne" line he says followed by the closet full of guns he has tricking me into thinking he was badass and the show had some cool action scenes. Not alot, mind you, but some cool ones. But of coarse, there wasn't any (maybe I'am thinking of the movie(s)? Guess I will find out soon when I watch them). 

It wasn't the worst watch but it definitely is drawn out much longer than it should of been and the main character and his love interest make no romantic sense being together (other than shallow reasons, if any at all).

Probably the parts I enjoyed the most is when they would discuss Japan as a whole and how it seemed relevant to how irl Japanese people feel about the country in todays age. But idk...just didn't explore it enough I feel and when they did it seemed rushed/non-sensical. 

Hoping the movies may provide better insight/entertainment once I watch them again.

Mar 12, 2023 11:53 PM

Feb 2023
hik1komori said:
Dont bother. The movies are AWFUL and instead of answering any questions they just dump truck a million more to be had from whether it's purely from what the show tells you through dialogue or it's inconsistences regarding characters motives, characters intelligence, Juiz's god power bullshit, physics, timelines, etc. 

I feel MUCH more horrible now having done re-watching them instead of just leaving it up to "hmmm, I remember them being pretty great" and "Well, hopefully these will answer my questions" 

Just don't you guys put yourselves through it. It's not worth it.
Jul 23, 2023 4:14 AM

Sep 2018
It felt like a rough draft, an incomplete story. Eleven episodes just doesn't cut it here. The mystery was initially pretty exciting, but once we had some answers to a few things, everything kind of mellowed out.

Never knew it was initially going to be 26 episodes though, kind of bummed there. 7/10.

GakutoDeathGlareJul 23, 2023 4:26 AM
Oct 15, 2023 12:32 AM
Apr 2021
it was cute, funny, and made me smile. what a wholesome anime
Oct 21, 2023 4:06 PM

Nov 2014
One of the most bafflingly misconceived anime ever. At its core it's essentially a vapid self-insert magical boyfriend fantasy for an audience of autistic female anime watchers, but its disingenuous facade of high-mindedness makes it even more unlikable than it would otherwise have been. If the show actually cared about its main plotline involving the NEETs stopping the missiles, wouldn't it offer us some kind of insight into the NEETs' thinking, communication, teamwork etc, thus humanizing them and making them seem actually admirable in some way rather than just a herd of pathetic naked retards? Instead all we see is Boyfriend-kun telling them "okay losers, figure it out lmao" and then the day is magically saved as the camera lovingly showcases him striking dramatic poses, followed by the insufferable self-absorbed female protag ruminating about "my prince" or whatever the fuck. The actual priorities of the show are so obvious if you're willing to see them.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

» WHAT THE HELL WAS IN THE TRUCKS?!

Sagepool - Feb 24

7 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Feb 25, 1:19 PM

» IS THERE ANY "HARD" EDEN OF THE EAST FANS

hitsugaya111 - Mar 22, 2018

7 by rent-free »»
Jun 16, 2023 9:43 PM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Plate - Apr 9, 2009

404 by prozyne »»
Apr 9, 2023 1:35 AM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Apr 16, 2009

245 by Euroqean »»
Mar 29, 2023 6:51 PM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Bakayaro - Apr 23, 2009

201 by Skorobagatio »»
Oct 6, 2022 12:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.