Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 24 Discussion
Jul 8, 2012 5:37 PM
Jul 25, 2012 12:59 AM
Aug 13, 2012 1:34 PM
Aug 13, 2012 3:07 PM
Aug 31, 2012 12:57 PM
Joined: Jul 2012
ah, i was laughin like a maniac most of the way through s1 and 2, esp in 1, more dramatic moments in 2, but unlike some ppl (on page 2 or 3) i wasnt watching just for the violence, ive already seen elfen lied and mirai nikki so no voilence fix needed
it was a great story and an over all good job tying in all the loose ends neatly, and i for one, think the characters deserved the perfect ending after all they went through in the other worlds (as only we, rika, and hanyuu know, unless they didnt bother mentioning they remembered in this last world they remembered, i think it hinted a few times the posibility of some, but not everyone)
now i cant decide where to go from here, watch season 3 first, even tho its just a 5 eps ova, or watch umineko first, since the ending of this show shows a char from that one in it..and is referred to as the third installment...
8/10 (reminded me of "endless eight" + mirai nikki + Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai, so couldnt give it higher than an 8, but its still a damn good show lol)
Modified by Hito420, Aug 31, 2012 1:01 PM
Sep 1, 2012 5:17 AM
Sep 17, 2012 3:50 PM
Sep 25, 2012 12:12 PM
Sep 25, 2012 12:40 PM
Joined: Dec 2007
Sa-chan_ said:Technically there's several worlds. Rika hints she's lived over a hundred years just hopping between worlds.
I'm totally confused now .... what's the relation between the world in the first episode and that new world in the last episode .
there's two worlds or what !! ?
Yes, there are more than two worlds and their memories were somewhat combining or etc. (I don't know what appropriate term to be use).
in another way ... when Rika dies in world "A" ,she returns back on time to create a new world "B" ... my question is : what will be happen to the world "A" ??
World A does still exist but it's now useless because they didn't seek any happiness from that world.
Oct 4, 2012 6:30 PM
Oct 9, 2012 11:56 AM
Nov 29, 2012 3:43 PM
Nov 29, 2012 3:47 PM
Joined: Aug 2009
Sword_master said:Because this time they didnt go insane from the Hinamizawa Syndrome.
Even that the mystery was revealed I don't think that this season was nearly as good as the first one. Most of the season was like something made up to fill the gap between the 1st and the happy ending. Without any reasonable explanation how the characters have changed so much in this time Hinamidzava from the others we've seen before....
Satoshi alive, Orio Sonodzaki kind and harmless, Shion now beloving sister of Satoko and going to school with the others and Satoko's uncle even didn't showed up...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2012 5:04 AM
Dec 28, 2012 7:29 PM
Jan 3, 2013 12:09 PM
Jan 10, 2013 6:49 AM
Jan 21, 2013 2:14 PM
Joined: Sep 2011
2/5 , Disliked this episode. It is profound that I disliked this episode because I disliked the very ending of this season. But here is my reasoning:
1) I think that the first season was much better in, probably, the majority of different apects. It had a very interesting storyline (even though we didn't know anything about what happened in each different storyline), had set a spooky mood-setting and if I have to say, unique in the 221 anime I have finished until this moment (everything that a GOOD horror show has to do to be recognized as GOOD).
2) Even though I dislike this ending, I was surprised by it. (and for an ending's show to be surprising can be good the most of the times). However, that was not the case in Higurashi season 2. This season had a very intriguing part when telling the story behind the scenes of the first season and bringing together the puzzle pieces but it was ruined by the forced genre changes from drama to mystery and back again. It had an incosistent mood through the whole season.
3) The ending was totally unrealistic and too pleasant for this kind of the series. This gives me a strong point to think about the author of the plot. Maybe after bringing up something really interesting in the first season, he wanted lazily to patch up the missing pieces of the puzzle? I wonder.... Yamainu, a teriffing organization which stayed undefeated the whole two seasons with ease, defeated in the end by a bunch of kids with the power of the friendship..... which obviously can defeate fate. So, it's like saying that traps hidden on a mountain can easily defeat fate along with 40-50 grown-up men.... Well, if they're idiots that could be the case.
4) I am not, in any case, making fun of the power of friendship. There are many anime shows that use it in a huge quantity. However, in Higurashi there was not quality. We turned a dark plot filled with questions about gods, spirits, conspiracies unique terminal deceases and aliens and turned it to a happy "Friends can defeat every enemy stands in their way if they are together"..... Well, it significantly took a turn to the worst. It became more cliched and used more cliched archetypes (Miyo the bad-good maiden, Rika the child with the childish voice and the deep voice when talking seriously and revealing things from parallel words and the useless god (with only exception the ending) Hanyuu).
5) For those who state that this anime was great and specifically touching... I don't know what to say. In this season there were many times where I thought that statements like "we can't escape from fate" couldn't get more boring and cliched. The ending was happy, so the touching moments are nowhere to be found. (And don't go out of your way and tell me that Rika escaped, so we are touched.) There is a small number of other animes out there which are more unique and touching simultenously than this.
So, ending my paragraph and reminding that it was not a paragraph of hate, I will declare that it was an interesting watch whatsoever. It also had better animation and art style than the previous season (even though the first season's opening was very good and set the mood immediately from the beginning).
Verdict : Even though flawed, it was an interesting watch. 6/10 for the Higurashi no naku koro ni kai.
Modified by AnimeCrusader, Jan 21, 2013 2:19 PM
Feb 7, 2013 9:39 PM
Feb 21, 2013 9:19 PM
Feb 23, 2013 2:00 AM
Wow. What a ride Season 1 + Season 2 has been. Everything fitted into place so well during this season because I was able to understand all the confusing shit that happened during Season 1. I'm glad nobody from the Main characters + Police died. That made me really happy to see them alive.
Also the ending was a bit weird there. Takano childhood changes it seems like in a different "World." She's told by looks like Rika, but it seems to be a different person (Looked it up on Wiki) Frederika Bernkastel. She asks whether she wants to die or live ETC, she decides to say "die" and she goes with her parents; however it seems they took a different bus than before.
Modified by Tyrel, Feb 23, 2013 2:06 AM
Mar 25, 2013 8:41 AM
Mar 26, 2013 10:40 AM
Apr 3, 2013 11:23 AM
Apr 7, 2013 7:59 AM
Joined: Feb 2013
Glad to see Takano have at least a happy ending :D
Apr 30, 2013 11:02 AM
May 23, 2013 1:48 PM
May 23, 2013 1:54 PM
Jun 29, 2013 10:47 PM
Jul 25, 2013 7:32 PM
Joined: Jan 2013
Jul 26, 2013 1:17 PM
Joined: Jun 2013
so that's it, the whole story was finished...
ahh... are the story really over...?
no more nippahh....
Aug 8, 2013 11:47 AM
Aug 8, 2013 12:52 PM
Aug 11, 2013 1:53 AM
Aug 11, 2013 7:01 PM
Aug 16, 2013 11:24 PM
Joined: Jun 2011
The ending was a bit unclear, but great series =)
Aug 30, 2013 2:13 PM
Sep 1, 2013 1:16 AM
Sep 1, 2013 7:31 AM
Nov 18, 2013 2:55 PM
Nov 18, 2013 3:56 PM
Dec 13, 2013 8:26 PM
Dec 25, 2013 11:48 AM
Jan 26, 2014 11:02 AM
Jan 29, 2014 12:55 AM
Mar 18, 2014 2:36 PM
Mar 21, 2014 2:21 PM
Mar 24, 2014 8:53 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
1. The last 4 episodes that focused on takano's downfall felt way too prolonged, especially the ending episode.
2. After the end credits, why/how did rika go back in time to save a young takano? what a confusing ending
3. what happened w/ adult rena & the decimated village from the 1st ep? Wasn't the whole story retold by rena & akasaka?
4. S1 > S2 by far. but i did like how most things got explained.
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 1, 2014 5:24 PM
Apr 2, 2014 7:22 AM