Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 17, 2007 11:56 AM

Jun 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Takano versus the gang, it's all come down to this. The final episode of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai.

Next week a 30 minute special for the upcoming live action Higurashi movie will air.

But there was a big surprise at the end of this episode.

A THIRD SEASON WAS ANNOUNCED!

http://blog.animate.tv/higurashi/

アニメ『ひぐらしのなく頃に』第3期制作決定!
スタッフさん 02:52 カテゴリ [ お知らせ ]

アニメ『ひぐらしのなく頃に』第3期の制作が決定しました。詳しい情報は未定です。決まり次第、発表いたします。2008年も『ひぐらしのなく頃に』をよろしくお願いします。 ★スタッフA★

Christmas came early.

Dec 17, 2007 12:11 PM

Aug 2007
I'm waiting for the RAW to come out, the hell with waiting for hauu~ >.>

EDIT: Just finished watching it, and I must say it was done extremely well. Can't wait for season 3, though I'm not sure how they're gonna go on with the story.

Adult Rika looks kinda scary though.
KaruraDec 17, 2007 2:12 PM
Dec 18, 2007 6:53 AM

Jun 2007
Hanyuu looked awesome with her red eyes when she was facing Takano.
Too bad its over now... but hey theres 3rd season to look forward to so its all good!!
Dec 18, 2007 7:12 AM

Sep 2007
hanyuuu~~ adult rika was really kinda scary, i prefer the nipah version. a great happy end through, nothing really to complain about. and that takanos parents didnt die make it much better. now i dont think that this takano will end up crazy lol.

it was great with you higurashi, not that much splatter scenes like the fisrt one but i quite enjoyed it. story twists that i never expected , and they answered many question that showed up while i was watching the fierst season.

what i have to say i want the 3rd season!!! right now!!!
Dec 18, 2007 2:29 PM

Oct 2007
Miyo missed >.<
*wants rika timestop*
Still awesome episode.

I really want the REI chapters in the third season. Also Onisarashi-hen cause Natsumi is awesome.

(My signature also says that season 3 is announced ^_^)

My dear weak spacenoids. THAT LEVEL OF LOVE CAN'T BREAK MY BODY OF STEEL!
Dec 18, 2007 3:05 PM

Apr 2007
Awesome season finale.

I'm really excited about a third season. Saikoroshi-hen!
Dec 22, 2007 10:27 AM

Jul 2007
liked it but plz tell me if i get it right.Rika grew up got awesome powers remebered Takano and said why not save her? Then she went back to time and rescued her... But this doesnt means that it will change her "present"? Mb thats the 3rd season? The mistake that Rika did now? Well no idea but i liked the ep in general... Allthough wanted to see Mion+keichi and Satoshi with his sister and Shion... Well i ll just w8 3rd season :)
Dec 22, 2007 11:44 AM

Jun 2007
Not a bad ending to the series, but somehow it didn't trigger that 'waaa, it was really amazing' reaction in my head.
And yes, adult Rika does indeed look scary...
Dec 22, 2007 5:01 PM

Feb 2007
It ended well enough, but I wished there was an explanation as to why Takano missed with her last bullet. Maybe because of her current condition with the disease? I also didn't get that "really amazing" reaction. The Season 1 finale left me in tears (because of how awesome it ended); the Season2 finale just left me feeling relieved.

Throughout the final scene with adult Rika, I was trying to spot if she had breasts or not. xD

Overall...I'm not sure whether I should give Higurashi Ki a 9 or 10. The first half was very entertaining, the mystery was solved, pretty much every question was solved, the stroytelling was better, and the animation vastly improved. But because of those negative comments on the Ep 22 and 23 threads, I can't help but agree with them now. The ending was too perfect.

9.5/10.
Dec 22, 2007 6:02 PM

Jun 2007
Looked like Hanyuu deflected the bullet.
Dec 22, 2007 7:47 PM

Aug 2007
Great Episode Moments!

1. Akasaka referring to himself as "watashi"...for someone who can kick ass, he sure is effeminate...
2. Hanyuu in bullet time...sort of? xD
3. Hayuu/Rika sleeping together, moeness is expected from winner of SaiMoe2008!
4. Adult Rika hotness...
5. Good End for Takano^_^

Studio Deen really stepped up this episode, best Sakuga by far from either S1 or the previous Kai episodes. If only all the other episodes had the same quality...but heh at least we got some great sakuga to end it all^_^

Ending wasn't as disappointing as I thought it would be. Still prefer the crazy psychopathic endings of S1, but you can't really have a good end with those...

A moment of silence to honour such a great anime...

On to Season 3!!!
Here's to the animation of Miotsukushi-hen!
Dec 22, 2007 8:07 PM

Jul 2007
Pretty good ending. Happy ending for everyone. I wasn't expecting any bloodshed from this one, although when Hanyuu went in front of everyone to take on the bullet i was sure she'd die...

Hoping for greatness next season. I know next to nothing about the games/manga though, so i hope to be surprised.
Dec 22, 2007 8:51 PM

Nov 2007
They still left a few things unanswered. Remember.... Tokyo was planning to get rid of Takano to begin with which tells me that they have something else planned.
Dec 22, 2007 9:42 PM

Dec 2007
Ehm... what I've heard and read this "adult Rika" it's not Rika, it's Frederica.
And it would be really sad if that was Rika, because it would mean she got another bad end - her breasts didn't grow as she wanted after all ;D
While still getting no idea what they do in the third season, frankly I'm irritated - so, Higurashi is selling so well to make another season, but not good enough to maintain decent quality of all the recently done episodes? Pfeh :/
Dec 22, 2007 11:06 PM

Jan 2007
Satisfying ending for me, though it was sad for me to see Takano go down like that. But I gotta say, I loved seeing Hanyuu go into God Mode like that.

Overall: 8/10
Dec 23, 2007 1:23 AM

Jul 2007
"Once you find the missing card, there are no more losers."

*bows to Ni Pah*

The perfect answer to the perfect question. July has come.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Dec 23, 2007 2:51 AM

Nov 2007
Wait, I don't quite follow the ending scenario with Miyoko; she and her family got on a different bus this time?

According to what she was told, if she wanted to live, she'd keep going to her friend's house (even though they're not home), but if she wanted to die, she would get that last flag.

Maybe I'm getting things mixed up. I went back to episode 15 or so where all that was first shown to us, and I wasn't able to figure out anything more.
Dec 23, 2007 3:45 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Very nice ending, really liked the confrontation between Miyo and Mion & Co.

I enjoyed this season a lot, especially the part where Miyo shot everyone really got to me. But the few episodes before the ending disappointed me a tiny bit, and that's why this season wasn't able to score as high as the first season. I mean first impression (when watching the first season) is important as well, a second season has to deliver something similar since there is no 'first impression'. But I'm looking forward to season 3 and I hope they'll kick some ass again. Hauu~

9/10

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 23, 2007 4:24 AM

Aug 2007
Really enjoyed watching this season. I remember some episodes where basically I was holding my breath because the tension was building up so much.
but yeah.. very good ending. Will be looking foward to season 3

9/10
Dec 23, 2007 4:43 AM

Apr 2007
*sigh of relief*

A good ending. I liked the added future Rika (?) and Miyako bit. I loved the majority of Higurashi Kai, but unfortunately i cannot ignore eps 22 and 23... Overall not quite good enough as the first season, but i still loved most of it. 9/10.

Cannot wait till 3rd season!~ ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2007 8:01 AM

Apr 2007
I wasn't really sure what was going to happen, but it still ended nicely. Now I'll be waiting for season 3!

9/10
Dec 23, 2007 9:24 AM

Nov 2007
BlueYoshi said:

Throughout the final scene with adult Rika, I was trying to spot if she had breasts or not. xD

Heh, I also was on the lookout. This was the only thing I've watched lately that I really couldn't wait for new episodes to be released. 9/10 for this season.
Dec 23, 2007 10:36 AM

Jul 2007
I'm still confused about the very last part with kiddie Takano, but otherwise its pretty much how I would've wanted it to end.

If Hanyuu could deflect bullets, why would she give that little speech about enjoying her time with everyone?
Dec 23, 2007 10:41 AM

Nov 2007
According to the summary on Wikipedia about that scene in the game, it happened a little differently. (I don't quite get it entirely.)

And I suppose Rika was just able to revisit yet another dimension in the future (when Hanyuu's powers get stronger again?), one in which she was able to help Miyoko survive.
Dec 23, 2007 10:42 AM

Nov 2007
bklynrob said:

If Hanyuu could deflect bullets, why would she give that little speech about enjoying her time with everyone?

Because every good show needs one of the main protagonists dramatically monologuing in the final episode? ;P

Seriously, though, the reason she probably did that was very much a plot device: Wouldn't you find it particularly lame if she said "lol I'm a god I can dodge bullets at will silly mortal?" By doing her monologue, she engaged you as the viewer (and, for the story's sake, her friends) by making you think that she might actually die, when in fact that was never her plan at all. It looks like Hanyuu didn't actually deflect the bullet, but rather merely dodged it by moving her head to the right at the exact moment.
Dec 23, 2007 11:01 AM

Jun 2007
Hanyuu wanted Takano to fire the bullet at her.

If Hanyuu had said she could avoid it then there's a possiblity she'd fire at someone else. With Hanyuu's eyes being red and talking like a god. You would think she's not normal.
Dec 23, 2007 11:26 AM

Nov 2007
hanyuu CONTROLS TIME anyway so she could dodge the bullet

anyway this was a fine ending which made sense, except the last scene with "adult rika" which I suppose you'd need to have a better understanding of the universe higurashi is set in to get what actually happened there
Dec 23, 2007 2:20 PM

Sep 2007
Brilliant last episode, kinda sad its over but i hope the 3rd season is just as good.
10/10!!!
Ah cheese, the devil's play thing.

Dec 23, 2007 6:31 PM

Aug 2007
Wooo, I loved the part at the end where Rika went back and saved Miyo's parents! They didn't die on the bus accident, so now Miyo can be considerably happy, too, right?

But still, wtf, where is my beloved Satoshi? I will suffer forever for him!
Usotsuki. 
Dec 23, 2007 7:14 PM

Nov 2007
that was so awsome they all lived!!!!!!!! was that rika at the end sooo coool cant wait till s3!!!!!!!!

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Dec 23, 2007 10:44 PM

Aug 2007
great series. 9/10 for this season. It would've been interesting if they ended showing Satoshi opening his eyes or something.
Dec 23, 2007 10:46 PM

Aug 2007
He was crying in 23!
Usotsuki. 
Dec 24, 2007 12:31 AM

Aug 2007
I liked the ending, it was much more mild and happy than I was expecting. The very end of the episode was the only part that really surprised me. I'm a little puzzled by what the third season is going to be about, especially since they have broken the repeating time loop that was vital in the first two seasons. Anyways, I'm looking forward to next year with both a live action movie and another series being released.
Dec 24, 2007 8:52 AM

Aug 2007
Why is this series so s**t?

Right so aside from everyone from Hinami... that town being super elite in setting traps, that cop being some sort of super ninja with more combos than a character from street fight and the evil private army being extremely unorganised and well most likely retarded.

And aside from trying to wrap up and explain everything with the time travelling loli demonic god and a cast of people more suited for a slice of life/drama anime than carrying off where the first season left off in their schizophrenic ways.

And aside from the corny drama which was slightly evident in season one but more so in this season... And I mean a lot more. Kinda like comparing a mouse to an elephant in terms of amount.

The main thing that annoyed me with this series is they put a stereotypical bad guy (well gal) that was the result of all the events, and the cast of people trying to stop that bad person. It made it all very generic.

The first season was interesting with the chapters, each event not linked to the former (well the last was) and set the dark atmosphere as one could expect from paranoid and psychologically disturbed children.

However the second season was very repetitive especially during the Satako domestic abuse stage, it was unfunny throughout even with the comical expressions they frequently used on the characters, the violence was no where near the amounts that the first season offered and finally all the cast from the first season must have visited a therapist at some stage and sorted out their emotional problems and paranoia.

People may complain that this anime shouldn't just be about gore and violence and some story is good.

Well when I see an anime being labelled as dark then I expect it to be just that. Not some dodgy slice of life drama. And the story in it is appaling, it could perhaps be compared it to a b movie, but that would be insulting to b movies.

As a result of all these things that plagued Kai, I am rating it a 4/10.

Dec 24, 2007 9:38 AM

Apr 2007
OmegaJudgement said:
Why is this series so s**t?

Right so aside from everyone from Hinami... that town being super elite in setting traps, that cop being some sort of super ninja with more combos than a character from street fight and the evil private army being extremely unorganised and well most likely retarded.

And aside from trying to wrap up and explain everything with the time travelling loli demonic god and a cast of people more suited for a slice of life/drama anime than carrying off where the first season left off in their schizophrenic ways.

And aside from the corny drama which was slightly evident in season one but more so in this season... And I mean a lot more. Kinda like comparing a mouse to an elephant in terms of amount.

The main thing that annoyed me with this series is they put a stereotypical bad guy (well gal) that was the result of all the events, and the cast of people trying to stop that bad person. It made it all very generic.

The first season was interesting with the chapters, each event not linked to the former (well the last was) and set the dark atmosphere as one could expect from paranoid and psychologically disturbed children.

However the second season was very repetitive especially during the Satako domestic abuse stage, it was unfunny throughout even with the comical expressions they frequently used on the characters, the violence was no where near the amounts that the first season offered and finally all the cast from the first season must have visited a therapist at some stage and sorted out their emotional problems and paranoia.

People may complain that this anime shouldn't just be about gore and violence and some story is good.

Well when I see an anime being labelled as dark then I expect it to be just that. Not some dodgy slice of life drama. And the story in it is appaling, it could perhaps be compared it to a b movie, but that would be insulting to b movies.

As a result of all these things that plagued Kai, I am rating it a 4/10.

This just proves how little of Higurashi you understand. Kai is a much better representation of what Higurashi is supposed to be like. it's not just about the blood, murders, and mytersy. it's also about the drama and the fun "slice of life" parts all mingled together. But this all stems back to the first seaosn. DEEN marketed the first series more for its horror and violence elements than the drama that was behind everything.

There's a reason why Sakoto is called the Trap Master (which DEEN ALSO failed to mention is season 1). And the police are not like ninjas. You're exaggerating everything. What do you think Akasaka's been doing for those years after he left Hinamizawa? Blow it off? No, he spent those 5 or so years training so he can protect Rika.

I think you were expecting too much for the Kai to be like the first season, which you can easily tell ots mpt by the OP. Kai was more plot heavy than season 1.
Dec 24, 2007 11:08 AM

Jun 2007
Right so aside from everyone from Hinami... that town being super elite in setting traps

Satoko is the only trap expert.

evil private army being extremely unorganised and well most likely retarded.

They're unorgainized because they didn't have time to plan. Operation 48 hours forced them to rush. Nomura was getting impatient.

than carrying off where the first season left off in their schizophrenic ways.

Seeing the club members fall victim to Hinamizawa Syndrome would just be repeitive. During the first season we didn't know who to trust. Everyone seemed out to get you. But with the second, we know who the real enemy is.

Actually Takano wasn't the result of everything. Several incidents happened on their own.

So you want episodic? How boring.Making everything all tie together to form one huge story is 10 times more interesting.

However the second season was very repetitive

I facepalmed after reading this line. the first season was hell of a lot more repeitive.

Formula

club member goes crazy -> club member kills people -> club member dies

It used that formula the entire season. It would be lame if they just continued doing that without ever advancing the plot.

the violence was no where near the amounts that the first season offered

Violence isn't everything.

and finally all the cast from the first season must have visited a therapist at some stage and sorted out their emotional problems and paranoia.

More like subconsciously remembered their sins in past worlds. But you'd know that if you paid attention.

Higurashi has always (first season included) been part slice of life. It was never fully dark. You think the story is bad? Higurashi has one of the best stories out there. But it's hard to notice that when you only care about violence. Sorry, but Higurashi isn't some shallow crap that relies on violence to be entertaining. It's much more than that. Perhaps you would have enjoyed it more if you actually paid attention instead of only looking for violent scenes.
LunarEmeraldDec 24, 2007 11:35 AM
Dec 24, 2007 12:04 PM

Aug 2007
Satoko is the only trap expert.

Using completely obvious traps to fool this supposed private army... The decoy pitfall was so pain stinkingly obvious I thought the army were blind.

They're unorganised because they didn't have time to plan. Operation 48 hours forced them to rush. Nomura was getting impatient.

But apparently they shit themselves at the sound of a loli acting tough doing her evil speech... Besides the fact that they can't shoot for shit for what I like to refer as 'the James Bond syndrome'

Seeing the club members fall victim to Hinamizawa Syndrome would just be repetitive. During the first season we didn't know who to trust. Everyone seemed out to get you. But with the second, we know who the real enemy is.

Different events caused different people to go crazy, you didn't know who would be the next person to fall to the syndrome unlike Kai where everything in the story is extremely predictable.

Actually Takano wasn't the result of everything. Several incidents happened on their own.

She was the result of the hostess being killed so the syndromes condition escalated more so without her presences and the result for the majority of chapters happening in the first place when she killed Rika.

So you want episodic? How boring.Making everything all tie together to form one huge story is 10 times more interesting.

It's not episodic, Mushishi is episodic. One large story would have been nice if it wasn't so mind numbingly dull.

I face palmed after reading this line. the first season was hell of a lot more repetitive.

Seriously... 'the gang' goes to people to complain about Satoko being bashed by her uncle... next episode 'the gang 'goes with more people to complain about Satoko' rinse and repeat until that tiresome arc finally came to an end.

Formula

club member goes crazy -> club member kills people -> club member dies

It used that formula the entire season. It would be lame if they just continued doing that without ever advancing the plot.

That's what made Higurashi no naku koro ni so good to me.
Not once did we see Rena go mega berserk in Kai with her cleaver like the first season. Something that has become a staple image of the series to just go missing because for this conveniently placed 'vision' of the past that she has been lacking the other thousand or so times Rika has lived through the scenario.

Violence isn't everything.

The reasons and psyche of the person who wants to commit the violence is though. Which again was more entertaining in the first season.

More like subconsciously remembered their sins in past worlds. But you'd know that if you paid attention.

More like conveniently remembered their sins to wrap up the whole series with making the plot hole of somehow not remembering all the other times they committed it.

Higurashi has always (first season included) been part slice of life. It was never fully dark. You think the story is bad? Higurashi has one of the best stories out there. But it's hard to notice that when you only care about violence. Sorry, but Higurashi isn't some shallow crap that relies on violence to be entertaining. It's much more than that. Perhaps you would have enjoyed it more if you actually paid attention instead of only looking for violent scenes.

Yes slice of life should fit well in the first season to go with the 'lah lah lah everything is good in this supposed lovely town... Then came the darker aspects of the town that were enshrouded in mystery.

Higurashi no naku koro ni had a very good story, something strong enough to keep the viewer immersed even though the events were only a few episodes long. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai had an awful and generic story, explaining stuff that could have been left out, destroying all the aura of mystery around the town and dragging on too long.

I would have enjoyed it more if it stayed true to its first season. Imagine Dragon Ball Z without the action, imagine Shigurui without the violence. When something so strong suddenly goes missing or is toned down then aye this of course is going to annoy.

Dec 24, 2007 1:23 PM

Nov 2007
Just to clarify, the traps were "obvious" but when you're a trained unit facing a bunch of little kids you either

a) are winning and underestimate your opponent, thus lose
b) fall in a few traps and become paranoid and lose

also the "queen theory" was bullshit.
Dec 24, 2007 2:10 PM

Nov 2006
Hahah wow.
My suggestion for you: go watch Elfen Lied over and over. You're looking for something that's not there.
Dec 24, 2007 4:13 PM

Apr 2007
OmegaJudgement said:
Higurashi no naku koro ni had a very good story, something strong enough to keep the viewer immersed even though the events were only a few episodes long. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai had an awful and generic story, explaining stuff that could have been left out, destroying all the aura of mystery around the town and dragging on too long.

I would have enjoyed it more if it stayed true to its first season. Imagine Dragon Ball Z without the action, imagine Shigurui without the violence. When something so strong suddenly goes missing or is toned down then aye this of course is going to annoy.

/facepalm

Go back to watching Elfen Lied. I mean, wtf?! Kai is the answer arcs to the questions arcs. What? It was too plot heavy for you? Kai explained everything season 1 set up, so I have no idea what you mean by "Kai was an awful and generic story". It's the continuation of the same freaking story! Or do you hate it because its all about that generic "friendship conquers all crap" and its too "childish/ shounenish" for you to handle?

Kai illustrates the true side of Higurashi. Season 1 was obviously necessary, but 2 was even more so. Also season 2 answered all the questions that weren't directly related to the story, such as young Takano's deal with those flags, etc.

Explaining stuff that could be left out? Everything was important to the storyline. I don't know about you, but when I read mystery, I want answers in the end, not just the mystery itself. It's like asking for a peanut butter sandwich without wanting the peanut butter.
z-pakDec 24, 2007 4:16 PM
Dec 25, 2007 7:37 PM
Nov 2007
BakaOnna said:

/facepalm
you mean like this..? -> /)_<;
nii paa~ =33
anyways.. the finale satisfied me. the fact Takano seemed to lose soo frickin fast in this episode with basically 0% hope of winning kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. the dodging bullet thing with Hanyuu made me laugh so hard. omfg, poor takano. and when takano was taken away by jirou, was she just like experimented on then treated and set free happy yay. orr.. did they like evil experiment on her and then like 75% kill her then send her to Tokyo to get more killed? -.-;; meh.
the end scene with " future-version-gone-to-the-past-Rika-chama " utterly confused me. do u think Takano + family were just all ghosts after the bus crash? or did the bus not crash? idk. typical Higurashi.. leaving me feeling retarded -.-; enjoyed this season tho =] 8.5/10 so.. thatd be 9/10 i guess..
Dec 26, 2007 12:58 PM

Nov 2007
Im sad its over well at least there will b a 3rd season
Dec 26, 2007 12:59 PM

Nov 2007
Im sad its over well at least there will b a 3rd season

Dec 26, 2007 11:51 PM

Nov 2007
Can't wait for season 3. There's just so many possibilities.

Maybe the next season will have the Rei and manga stories. Although that'd be a bit disappointing. But if adult Rika being Frederika is true, it could lead into the next story, Umineko no Naku Koro ni. But seeing as how far the visual novels have progressed, that's very unlikely.

Also, Kai pretty much explains everything that the first season left out. Not to mention using the anime-only Yakusamashi-hen arc to fill in the gaps from the sound novels that the first season left out. And if you had happened to play the sound novels, you would know that the violence wasn't the main point of the story. The author of the sound novels mentions that the whole point of the story is to rely on your friends and that you should go to someone for help when something is troubling you. Still find it funnny that he made the story so violent to convey a moral like that though. ;P
Dec 27, 2007 7:03 AM

Jun 2007
Even though the first six arcs were darker and more violent, in the first season DEEN focused mostly on the suspense. In the visual novels, the slice of life stuff is longer and there's a lot more character development. DEEN skipped a lot of the mystery and character details to make room for the suspenseful moments. Not to mention they tried to cram 6 arcs into 26 episodes. All the arcs needed to be one or two episodes longer. Many scenes were skipped The manga is a good example of this, which is a much better adaptation.

So the last two arcs and the first six aren't as black and white as the anime makes them look. Higurashi has always been like: 25% mystery, 15% slice of life, 5% comedy, 20% horror, 35% drama
LunarEmeraldDec 27, 2007 7:12 AM
Dec 27, 2007 1:57 PM

Nov 2007
Older Rika was pretty =D I can't wait for season 3 and the live action too ^.^ I love higurashi! It was really cute when Rika and Hanyuu smiled at the calendar I'm so happy for them ^-^

Dec 28, 2007 6:43 PM

Aug 2007
Yeah, their smile was soooooo cute.
Usotsuki. 
Dec 28, 2007 7:48 PM

Jul 2007
What's the third season goign to be about?

I particularly liked the part where Rika and Hanyuu peel back what seems to be the screen. XD Kyaaa!!

Grownup rika reminds me of Yuuko from xsxholic... probably because of the hair.

Never expected Miyo to miss O_O

And... I'm kinda glad she didn't die of the syndrome. That would have been too bitter of an irony...

10/10.
Dec 28, 2007 7:51 PM

Aug 2007
It better have Satoshi!

I think it should also have some more flashbacks of Keiichi and Rena and what happened to them in the past, something more on Mion.. but maybe something with Takano, as I love her, haha.

But, they also spoke of the time when Keiichi never came to Hinamazawa and then it was worse than ever after, so they could actually remember some of the other things they did in the past.

OR!

It could be the entire new arc with the weird girl that was like Rika! She was beautiful whom ever she was and she really reminds me of Ai from Jigoku Shoujo.

I am hoping that it is not a whole bunch of new characters, unless they are related, but if it is something short that has flashbacks, some more Mion and the past, Shion and Satoshi, a bit more of Rika, Hanyuu and Satoko grown up and then maybe... a link to something else, I wouldn't mind if it wasn't really too long... but.. we shall seeeee.
Usotsuki. 
Dec 30, 2007 8:45 PM

Jun 2007
the episode was really good, at least i liked it.

the way they wrapped up the series was good, but there are still some unanswered questions as what is the girl who was the boss of takano planning to do.

i would have loved if they did the scene with rika stopping time, and making the bulled miss. instead of takano missing due to the hinamizawa syndrome or because hanyuu moved at the last moment. for me it was more like takano's paranoia made her miss.

anyways, i am looking forward to the next season of higurashi. adult rika/ frederika (sp) looked interesting. i hope they explain that in the next season.

also, hanyuu going into god-mode like that was so win, i loved that scene.

and since i am such a sucker for the higurashi series, i guess this deserves a 10/10... i think i should stop going so easy on my anime ratings xD
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.