Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 15, 2011 10:44 PM
Feb 2011
I'm confused. What questions remained unresolved?? And the entire international arc was rushed. I'm guessing the mangaka was told the series was being canceled so he rushed it.
Jul 24, 2012 4:14 PM

Aug 2010
It's repetitive and way too over the top. Still good, but it could have been a lot better. Weak ending indeed.
Aug 4, 2012 12:20 AM

Sep 2008
SO GLAD I DECIDED TO WATCH THE ANIME AND READ THE MANGA, SEEMS LIKE IT WAS YESTERDAY WHEN HE WAS RUNNING FROM THE 3 HA-HA BROTHERS XD OVERALL, IT WAS A TRUE MASTERPIECE, ONE THAT WILL FOREVER BE IN THE TOP OF SHONEN WORKS
THANKS EYESHIELD 21 FOR A GREAT TIME
ps. I'LL MISS HIRUMA(SPECIALLY THE ANIME'S "YA-HA!"
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Aug 29, 2012 12:12 PM
May 2011
Bleh, ridiculous that they let panther be faster than sena.

While i was reading the final arc i just kept thinking to myself it would be perfect if he actually surpassed the 4.1 speed, that would have been my perfect ending for this series.
May 5, 2013 7:29 AM

Oct 2010
I really loved this manga.All characters were very good and made reading enjoyable!Especially Hiruma and Agon!One of the best Manga and for me the best sport manga so i read so far!
This world...is rotten
Jun 8, 2013 12:25 AM

Jan 2012
That felt really rushed for me, the last 2 chapters was just too fast. Overall, A great series that was a fun marathon.
Aug 13, 2013 6:42 AM
Jul 2018
what a wonderful marathon. i consider this manga to be one of the best sports manga ever, maybe even shounen manga ever. quality art, quality writing, and wow what a spectacular cast of characters. even the side characters (female side characters too!!) were extremely well done. a beautiful story with a beautiful message, i will always remember eyeshield 21 :") GREAT SERIES
Dec 2, 2013 5:48 PM

Jul 2012
Last three volumes felt a bit rushed. I'm not done Vol 35 yet (Oops), but I'm assuming at least two or three matches happen in just that one... Wow.

Anyway, I loooooooooooove ES21. One of the most well rounded series I've ever read. Not lacking in any part. Fantastic art, likable and memorable characters (and yeah, there were a lot), unpredictable plot as well as great pacing, beautiful execution (I cried so many times) and great comedy thrown in as well! I loved the different types of characters introduced, as well as their random trips to places like LA and New York. This series also takes my top spot for comedy. I have never laughed out loud so many times for just one series. Hiruma is hilarious as well as others like Gao, the Ojo stupid guy, and Shin as well.

9/10
Jan 12, 2014 1:18 AM

Jun 2010
Epic manga, one of the best I've ever read. Hopefully we can get an Ova or even another series about the crew in college, hopefully.
Mar 19, 2014 5:33 PM

Sep 2011
what about the Ha-ha brothers? they were something really important for the entire series.. and were three of my favorite characters too.. it is sad the mangaka skipped their resume in 2-years time leap.. =((
and i still dont know the mystery behind Yuya Hiruma

ok, ES21 was a masterpiece.. but still, it shouldnt have ended like this =(
Jun 21, 2014 8:20 AM

May 2009
bulk_density said:
what about the Ha-ha brothers? they were something really important for the entire series.. and were three of my favorite characters too.. it is sad the mangaka skipped their resume in 2-years time leap.. =((

If you look at it closely you'll see Kuroki and Togano is with Kid, Gaou and Musashi

while Juumonji is seen with Ikkyuu who's in saikyoudai, so I guess he made it there too?

---

So they lost the match versus USA?
Sep 23, 2014 4:53 AM

Jan 2013
Satisfying read but it became way too formulaic. I like the ending but it could have done more. Still a good read and what kept me reading was Hiruma and the very nice art. 8/10
Feb 1, 2015 6:38 PM

Oct 2012
It was rather good for a shounen manga, I would realy suggest this over most other shounens any time.

Yet ending was realy disappointing... basically the whole effort they put up until now - it all got ruined and all we get is a timeskip?
Why even bother to come on the field, if they were not planning to show the continuation of the game? I doubt Hiruma would let the team down so easily, eh.

Well, it's a shounen, and it does show some morals, so I guess I will let it pass, a 9/10, one of the best shounens.
Apr 20, 2015 5:59 PM

Feb 2012
Definitely enjoyable, but does have the usual pitfalls of sports stories. Mainly how eventually there is a need to pull out increasingly stronger, yet less interesting and also less relatable opponents. Also the world cup was definitely rushed and also way past the prime of this manga. I'm not going to complain about the ending, since it's inevitable that it will have to be like this in a sports story, but the placement could have been better.
Aug 29, 2015 11:11 PM

Nov 2011
Ah so the journey is over. Nice manga overall although I felt like the final game between Japan and U.S. ended strangely or rather not climatic enough. Also, was that Mamori with long hair? She looked good!

Wb Sena.

7/10 overall. Didn't have any huge problems with this series in the end. I might watch the anime adaptation in the future.
Feb 11, 2016 9:22 PM

Feb 2010
I don't regret reading this, what a journey.. enjoyed this very much.. eventough i agree the ending is a bit.. rushed

Hiruma is the only one who is most memorable, awesome, badass, and blabla character here, omg i want this remake in the future... since anime is stopped around chapter 240.. want to see more "ya-ha" pls

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Dec 6, 2016 2:31 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
; _ ; ; _ ; ; _ ; ; _ ; ; _ ; ; _ ; ; _ ; ; _ ; Bye bye! ; _ ; ; _ ; ; _ ; ; _ ; ; _ ; ; _ ; ; _ ; ; _ ;
; _ ; ; _ ; ; _ ; ; _ ; ; _ ; ; _ ; ; _ ; ; _ ; 9.49/10 ! ; _ ; ; _ ; ; _ ; ; _ ; ; _ ; ; _ ; ; _ ; ; _ ;
Mar 29, 2017 7:39 AM

May 2014
Twee said:
bulk_density said:

If you look at it closely you'll see Kuroki and Togano is with Kid, Gaou and Musashi

while Juumonji is seen with Ikkyuu who's in saikyoudai, so I guess he made it there too?

---

So they lost the match versus USA?

Well I'm glad that's cleared up, now all I wanna know is the relationship between Sena and Mamori or Suzuna, the author could have done better there. Also the mystery surrounding Hiruma's family, we know about his dad I think, if the story's true. And I would like to know who the MVP for the torunament was.
Aside from that it did indeed feel rushed. There were alot of mistakes in the translations, and some mistakes in the manga, but it was a great manga overall, really enjoyable and a future recommendation.
Aug 2, 2017 8:12 AM

Feb 2013
Everyone gone on their separate ways.
I really want a sequel to this manga, it has great potential.
Apr 20, 2018 7:28 PM

Feb 2016
BEST MANGA EVER

LOVE IT

LOVE IT

OLD SENA IS HOT hahahah
May 14, 2018 4:18 AM

Nov 2016
Yeah,last arc was rushed and the ending abrupt,but it was still a very nice ride.

Gonna miss this :(

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 20, 2020 5:20 PM

Feb 2012
Not the greatest ending ever but overall excellent manga. Too bad the World Cup arc was rushed.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eyeshield 21 Chapter 88 Discussion

Ranxomare - Jun 28, 2016

2 by nidoqueen106_2 »»
Feb 22, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Eyeshield 21 Chapter 329 Discussion

VK11 - May 15, 2009

18 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 20, 6:40 AM

Poll: » Eyeshield 21 Chapter 30 Discussion

rebwaters - Feb 18, 2009

2 by MaximumRex »»
Oct 6, 2023 1:38 AM

Poll: » Eyeshield 21 Chapter 26 Discussion

rebwaters - Feb 17, 2009

2 by MaximumRex »»
Oct 6, 2023 12:59 AM

Poll: » Eyeshield 21 Chapter 226 Discussion

rebwaters - Apr 8, 2009

2 by -DxP- »»
Sep 20, 2023 2:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.