Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 13, 2014 4:50 PM

Jun 2011
I haven't seen LotGH yet but I have finished Monster and that anime was incredible. I suppose both series appeal to a similar audience so that's probably why most fans of one will like the others.

Feb 13, 2014 5:50 PM

Jun 2008
SetsukoHara said:
samishime said:

By the way jal90, LOGH really kicks in around episode 26, so I'd stick with it. The whole first season is pretty much world building.

Let's be honest right here, the anime doesn't change that much around episode 26. I'd say that most people who had a really hard time watching the first episodes will still struggle with the rest.
Let's be honest right here, I dropped the anime shortly after episode 26, because a certain character who I liked was gone forever. I then imagined the series to go downhil with the blondie listening to that douchey gray hair guy, so I lost a bit of motivation. My feels.
Feb 13, 2014 6:18 PM

Jul 2013
Because they want to
Valaskjalf said:
I didn't even bother finishing Monster. The story has been dragging forever for no reason, they could have made this into a 24 episodes with no problems.

Manga flows better, so try that
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2014 6:24 PM

Jul 2013
SetsukoHara said:
samishime said:

By the way jal90, LOGH really kicks in around episode 26, so I'd stick with it. The whole first season is pretty much world building.

Let's be honest right here, the anime doesn't change that much around episode 26. I'd say that most people who had a really hard time watching the first episodes will still struggle with the rest.

Depends on why the person was having a hard time watching it though. If it was because they didn't like the characters, artstyle, or universe in general then yes they won't be swayed. If you were having a hard time because you're waiting for things to start moving and were enjoying some of the things I listed it does get much better.

Also I guess I'm an exception to the OPs question/theory
Feb 14, 2014 3:01 AM
Feb 14, 2014 9:06 AM

Nov 2012
koleare said:
Moved.

Thank you.
"The Goddess of victory is waving her underwear in your faces!"
Fritz Josef Bittenfield (Legend of the Galactic Heroes)

Feb 15, 2014 12:51 PM
Jul 2012
Also JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Feb 16, 2014 12:34 PM

Jan 2013
LoGH is probably my favourite anime and while I like Monster I don't consider it anywhere near my favourite. Mainly because Monster comes across as something that we already have in the west in live action form and 9/10 times they do it better.

Monster is great don't get me wrong but when comparing it to something like The Wire, Twin Peaks, The Decalogue or even the brand new show True Detective (which you need to do really, Monster cannot really be compared to any other anime other than maybe Lain and Texhnolyze) it isn't really on the same level. This is mainly due to how dragged out it is and how predictable it was at points. Still a great show.

LoGH on the otherhand is one of the best Space Operas of all time, there is not a single other work that is close to how ambitious and well done LoGH is in the genre (Apart from the Dune novel which I hear is close, not the Lynch film though as that is pretty mediocre).
May 15, 2014 1:45 PM

Sep 2013
I watched Legends and Monster when I first started watching anime. I enjoyed them both immensely. I agree with everybody else saying that you need a lot of patience to get through an anime that makes you think-- it's such a treat. I don't think it's for everyone-- but I do think it deserves the hype it gets. I mean, they're both better than a lot of stuff people rate 10/10. An anime is for entertainment, but an anime that is both entertaining, makes you think and ponder about life is so much more delightful. Not to sound pretentious or anything, but masterpiece anime never get noticed so I'm glad these two get the attention they deserve n_n
May 15, 2014 7:38 PM

Jan 2013
Both are my all time favs. Though I'll give Monster a slight edge just for the awesome storyline.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Sep 30, 2014 4:54 PM

Oct 2012
Monster is one of the first manga I've ever read, and I'm a huge sucker for thriller series. Shows like Hannibal, Breaking Bad, and the such are all great.

LOGH has similarities to a lot of my favorite shows, like GOT, House of Cards, and the lot. I just love the politics.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.