Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 11, 2009 10:44 PM

Jun 2009
Howlers’ First Mystery

My name is Jacob Howler and becoming a detective is my dream. Being a detective is full of danger but adventure too, that’s why I want to become one. For example Sherlock Holmes exempts the life of a full fledged private investigator, but right now I’m a high school freshman at Privilege Academy. My mom is the headmaster, which is why I’m being be forced to go there, even my dad was against the idea of me going, but she overpowered us some how. Oh by the way my dad’s job is being chief of police. So since I was old enough he trained me to be the best of police men, while my mother racked my brain around with equations and formulas to boot.

That’s why I am who I’ve become today. I haven’t told my dad that I wanted to become a detective instead of joining the force, knowing that he will be mad with me.
Today is august 4th and it’s my first day of high school. Everyone says that it’s scary on your first day when every older student looks at you like fresh meat, but I know what it’s like since I’ve been there before on bring your kids to work day with my mom. It’s really not that frightening unless you find the wrong people to mess with other than that it’s all good, but there has been this rumor at the school that every year for the past 4 years missing girls have turned and they all had one thing in common, that they were all freshmen. My mom asked my dad to look into this but nothing ever came up. So it was put as runaway children’s case, but who knows it might happen again.

“Beep...beep...beep...beep” sound of my alarm clock going off. I reach over to turn it off instead I knock it down which makes me jolt up to see if it was broken or not. “Woo” I come out with a sigh of relief from it not breaking. “Jacob what was that noise?” said my mother. “It was nothing” I shout in reply. I look at the time and its 7:20; I rush to the bathroom to get ready. In a few minutes I come out of the shower wide awake now and put on my clothes for the day. “Come on Jacob do you want to be late” said my mom sounding very agitated. I grab my book bag and my notebook and lucky pencil as I pass my room. “Okay I’m ready let’s go” I said. “Shouldn’t I be the one to say” said my mom.

We both got in the car and on our way to school. As we soon reach the school gates I just remembered that if anyone found out that I was the principle’s son I would be laughed at or worse made fun of for the rest of my school life. We got to the front of the school I put on my hoodie and covered my face. “Mom can you drop me off here please?” I asked. “Sure but why?” she asked as soon as she pulled to the curb. I answer with “I don’t want to be late” I open up the car door and rush out but she reaches over and grabs the back of my hood to bring out my face for everyone to see “wait you forgot your lunch” she says. I turn around quickly, but it was already too late the torture had begun. “Thanks mom” I say in a sad tone. I close the door and walk towards the school building in shame with my head tilted down noticing all the other students laughing at the scene before. “Why did it have to start out like this?” I said under my breath.

i kind of want to make it more anime like
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 12, 2009 7:00 PM

Jan 2009
Hmmm.... its kinda interesting.
Jun 13, 2009 12:48 AM

Jun 2009
thanks i really wanted to write a mystery with a kid detective
Jun 14, 2009 1:30 AM

May 2008
cool!
i've always wanted to be a detective
though i cant...T_T
Jun 14, 2009 7:12 AM

Jun 2009
its not hard all you have to do is be able to think in the box,outside the box,and all around the box
Jun 24, 2009 7:21 AM
Jul 2018
chibi-fox said:
its not hard all you have to do is be able to think in the box,outside the box,and all around the box

but what's the box?
Also are you planning on continuing your story?I want to know what happens next.
Jun 29, 2009 4:08 AM

May 2008
i second in motion
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» your stories and ideas

NaruUzimaki - May 13, 2009

10 by NightSnow »»
Nov 23, 2012 6:06 PM

Sticky: » Request an ID CARD HERE :) ( 1 2 3 )

Miru-SAMA - May 11, 2009

146 by NightSnow »»
Nov 2, 2012 9:19 AM

Sticky: » Introductions ( 1 2 3 )

Fatal1078 - May 10, 2009

123 by Haruka-chan95 »»
Jun 19, 2010 4:29 AM

» The Light Novel Project

ArchieBlaye - Apr 22, 2010

4 by ArchieBlaye »»
Apr 25, 2010 12:52 PM

» Music

Fatal1078 - May 10, 2009

20 by ArchieBlaye »»
Apr 20, 2010 10:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.