Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 9, 2009 4:24 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Omaeda got hit by a brick thrown by Soifon^^ Soifon's battle with Ggio continues, and the same goes for Omaeda. Omaeda manage to defeat his opponent but it wan't really interesting. At the end, Soifon defeat Ggio before he gets to show his true power^^ that makes Barragan stood up after the defeat of all his fraccion. The episode was just alright i guess, but it's isn't the best.
ShanaFlameJun 9, 2009 5:06 PM
Jun 9, 2009 9:34 PM

Sep 2007
Finally, that'll be the end of Omaeda's face for a while. Next episode will be the lulz catfight. I have to facepalm at Bleach previews though, they always spoil the surprise that comes in the episode:
. I wouldn't be surprised if they showed off the top 3 revealing their numbers in the preview.
Jun 9, 2009 9:39 PM

May 2009
An ok episode, just wrapping up the not very interesting omaeda/soi fon fights.

I will be looking forward to seeing Barragan in action and maybe a little development of soi fon`s fighting style (the two hit kill thing is getting redundant)
Jun 9, 2009 9:52 PM

Oct 2008
It was ok. What gets me is that Omaeda has no idea how storng his captain is. Plus, even if Soifon wanted to see how strong her opponent was, she didn't have to make it look like she was a total weakling.
Jun 9, 2009 9:53 PM

Sep 2008
"Meh, moot," huh?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2009 10:58 PM

Jan 2009
Episode was alright, it didn't need all that drama, but nonetheless I'm glad those fights are over -_-. Soifon still never ceases to amaze me with her ways of fighting though :P.
IG: @ChrisCrossCrash
"There isn't a single guy who doesn't want to spoil his girl."
--Amagami SS
Jun 9, 2009 11:02 PM
Jul 2008
Soifon's assassination was awesome
Jun 9, 2009 11:30 PM

Apr 2008
ownage o_o !!!

too fast xD

Jun 9, 2009 11:53 PM

Jan 2008
orangehouse said:
ownage o_o !!!

too fast xD
lol, i agree. Soifon finished it elegantly as always but i'm really looking forward to her next fight since i'm ahead with the manga. XD

Jun 9, 2009 11:55 PM

Jan 2008
Soifon for teh WIN!
Oomaeda for teh FAIL!
4/5
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Jun 10, 2009 2:35 AM
Jul 2018
LOL, got pwned while transforming. That's change... she didn't just stand there dazzled. Yay Soifon! Omaeda wasn't at all that irritating in this ep too... lol at him 'hugging' Ggio.
Wasabi said:
I have to facepalm at Bleach previews though, they always spoil the surprise that comes in the episode:
. I wouldn't be surprised if they showed off the top 3 revealing their numbers in the preview.
I was intrigued by this post so I went back and watched the preview. Dammit. ><
Jun 10, 2009 3:15 AM

May 2009
Omaeda is king hahahaha... NOTT
Jun 10, 2009 3:35 AM

Mar 2008
I'm really glad this fight is over with, Omaeda is too annoying.
Jun 10, 2009 4:28 AM

Jun 2008
wolfsrainXD said:
LOL, got pwned while transforming. That's change... she didn't just stand there dazzled. Yay Soifon! Omaeda wasn't at all that irritating in this ep too... lol at him 'hugging' Ggio.
Wasabi said:
I have to facepalm at Bleach previews though, they always spoil the surprise that comes in the episode:
I was intrigued by this post so I went back and watched the preview. Dammit. ><

LOL!! and if the preview doesn't spoil it someone on MAL will.^_^

I believe we should give Soi Fon a special prize for being one of the very few if not the only one characters that didn't sit and wait for the other guy to finish his stupid transformation and take a pose.

By the way i never understood what is the usefulness of that two hit thing. Why don't you just put your sword through his heart or head, hey it's easier than trying to hit the same spot twice.
Jun 10, 2009 4:55 AM

Jul 2008
Better than last week's episode, let's move on to bigger and better fights.
Jun 10, 2009 5:53 AM

Jul 2008

By the way i never understood what is the usefulness of that two hit thing. Why don't you just put your sword through his heart or head, hey it's easier than trying to hit the same spot twice.

IT seems that her technique is painless and destroys the body. Becuase their is no pain, while he is dying he won't scream or something and dissapearance of his body will get rid of teh corpse.
While not useful for battles, it is useful in assasinating.
Jun 10, 2009 6:16 AM
Mar 2009
Okay episode but what I think I am finding boring and what I believe many people who are calling these episodes boring are also finding is that all these fights are gradually recycling the previous fight by someone else in a different fashion. The enemies are becoming less and less intimidating upon releasing and the outcome is always very clear.

A decent example would be:

Battle starts - Brooding Dialogue

The fight - Look at me I'm strong Shinigami, you're weak.

More fight - Oh so you're not so weak, huh?

More fight - I'm released now Shinigami, you're weak again.

End fight - Oh damn so you weren't really trying and killed me with a super awesome secret technique or release ability?

It's been effectively the same non-stop pattern the entire Fake Karakura Arc thus far.

Now that's not to say it won't get better but it's certainly reason enough to get bored of it with it being dragged this long. Most of these characters were never even built up to be strong enough to endure this kind of challenge to begin with.

I know it's a common Shonen trend however some are able to pull it off by taking more risks with characters or by having interesting twists that leave you wondering what will happen next.

So while I found the episode entertaining, at the same time I found the repetitive nature of it boring.
Jun 10, 2009 6:31 AM

Jan 2009
Finally over, about damn time. Everytime they show Omaeda I can't help but think of a big meatball...

I admit I'm abit bias and not really caring to see the other fights besides Ichiogos upcoming battle. Well I guess I can't wait to see Shunsui go all out, it will be nice to see him get serious...
Jun 10, 2009 6:33 AM

Oct 2008
Some serious Soifon ownage. First time to see what happens when you get hit two times by her shikai, it's prety ^_^.
Jun 10, 2009 8:47 AM

Dec 2008
I love Soifon but they are dragging out these fights way too long
The guy with the nose was pissing me off being defeated and then not defeated and then defeated... :/
Jun 10, 2009 9:18 AM

Mar 2009
Soi Fon is really awesome. I love her fight's style. But Omaeda was only in her way. Annoying.

I'm looking forward to the next episode. And I wish it will be a little better.
Jun 10, 2009 9:35 AM

Jul 2008
thank god thats over it took her long enough to do a too hit kill god damn.
Jun 10, 2009 10:04 AM

Apr 2009
Soifon is mai waifu. And she gets extra points for knocking Omaeda around a bit. :3

LagTag said:
I will be looking forward to seeing Barragan in action and maybe a little development of soi fon`s fighting style (the two hit kill thing is getting redundant)

We'll get to see Barragen's release and Soifon's bankai later on. ;)
Jun 10, 2009 10:35 AM

Oct 2008
magelet said:
Soifon is mai waifu. And she gets extra points for knocking Omaeda around a bit. :3

LagTag said:

We'll get to see Barragen's release and Soifon's bankai later on. ;)

In about half a year.
Jun 10, 2009 12:00 PM

Jul 2008
well soi fon kicks ass, and next it seems we'll finally get to see the rest off espada at least start they're fights, should be exciting
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jun 10, 2009 12:52 PM

Apr 2009
Soi: As stylish as ever
Omaeda: As annoying as ever...

- Lith.
Jun 10, 2009 1:47 PM

Apr 2009
finally the boring fights are over
Jun 10, 2009 3:17 PM

Apr 2009
soifon is too cool.

must......draw.....soifon......
Jun 10, 2009 4:15 PM

Nov 2007
I want to kill myself for ever starting this series. The latest episodes have been retarded on a level I didn't think was possible. Someone, kill that retarded vice-captain.
Jun 10, 2009 5:55 PM

Aug 2008
magelet said:

Ahh shucks. Beat me to the claimage. I love her! She's soo badass. Although, well waiting around for the 2 hit kills was a bit lame, but I understand that she wanted to get a feel for a resureccion form.

Man, next weeks episodes gonna rock. Purely for some other peoples fights. Need to see more Kyouraku. Can't wait to see the outcome of Soifon vs Barragan too. But I guess that'll be a wee while whilst it circles round a bit.

Oh and I forgot to add onto the Omeada comment. Anyone that slaps Omeada around a bit gets a + rep from me. Even elephant fella.
Jun 10, 2009 6:52 PM
Sep 2008
.... wasted 3 episodes when soifon can just kill him in 3 seconds...
Jun 10, 2009 8:26 PM

Sep 2008
Soifon is badass!

Jun 10, 2009 8:45 PM

Aug 2008
My distaste for this episode really just lit aflame. The formula has become so stale that it just annoys me that the structure is so transparently predictable.
Jun 10, 2009 9:12 PM

Jan 2009
X_X soifon suddenly flash steps faster lol. And what is her bankai? 1 hit?
Spartan-117Jun 10, 2009 9:21 PM
Jun 10, 2009 9:53 PM

May 2009
I enjoyed it. Especially the part where Soi fon was like come join me once you've killed him. Thought that was pretty sweet. Made it feel as though there was more of a bond between captain and lieutenant.
Jun 10, 2009 9:57 PM

May 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
"Meh, moot," huh?
yep that's about it..
Sound-Of-Onions said:
Some serious Soifon ownage. First time to see what happens when you get hit two times by her shikai, it's prety ^_^.
Agreed.
Jun 11, 2009 12:11 AM

Aug 2008
PsychFreak said:
Okay episode but what I think I am finding boring and what I believe many people who are calling these episodes boring are also finding is that all these fights are gradually recycling the previous fight

A decent example would be:

Battle starts - Brooding Dialogue

The fight - Look at me I'm strong Shinigami, you're weak.

More fight - Oh so you're not so weak, huh?

More fight - I'm released now Shinigami, you're weak again.

End fight - Oh damn so you weren't really trying and killed me with a super awesome secret technique or release ability?

It's been effectively the same non-stop pattern the entire Fake Karakura Arc thus far.

I agree! That's the same cycle we've been repeating for a very long time now. I feel there is WAY more talking than fighting too. What happened to Bleach's awesome sword battles?

And WTF is with the 5 minute recap in the begging of this episode? lol bad enough we have to deal with Ichigo's 30 second recap.

Guess I should stop complaining about the pace though. Not like it will change anything. And at least 1 more battle is finally over and we're moving on to bigger fish.

At least Hinamori is finally coming back =]. That's a +.

I thought these Arrancar and Espada were suppose to be strong.
We built up to this whole battle for over a 100 episodes and no shinigami have died yet...*Bald dude got his @$$ kicked but that's it*. Not that I want any of them to die...well...maybe 1 or 2 :).
Jun 11, 2009 12:13 AM

Apr 2008
serious pacing issues. they're totally raping this arc by dragging it out like that with pointless filler fights and conversations which never happened in the manga. seriously? 2 whole episodes for that fight... which only constituted a couple pages in the manga? ... so lame. this basically feels like watching a filler arc to me rather than watching the original story...urgh.

BlackCat_XIII said:
X_X soifon suddenly flash steps faster lol. And what is her bankai? 1 hit?

nah... well... it looks stupid tho, i think.
xdzzzJun 11, 2009 12:21 AM
Jun 11, 2009 12:46 AM

Oct 2007
once again another anticlmatic ending, oh well looks like things are progressing nicely though
Jun 11, 2009 4:00 AM

Jun 2008
one word...dragging much?? ugh!
Jun 11, 2009 5:32 AM

Jun 2009
i thought this episode was pretty good, but i hate when they use a lot of talking during a battle.
but atleast Soifon knows when to shut up omaeda. he's really f*cking loud.

if someone is willing to make me a new signature pic, pm me.
Jun 11, 2009 6:31 AM

Apr 2008
I'm surprised more people arent talking about Soi Fon's stupid reason for losing that whole time: "I just wanted to see his release"... really? you'll take an hour of punishment just to see someone's release?

Why don't you just kick his ass from the start, then he'll need to use his release to keep up... it's faster and less painful...
Jun 11, 2009 6:56 AM

Jun 2008
Adore Soifong and her Zanpakuto
only Oomeda's fight was too long - in manga it was shorter...
but still 5

OEC ~ CCO ~ TSC+VIP ~ UC ~ TCO ~ TVMF ~ MCC + Other Badges
Jun 11, 2009 6:59 AM

Jul 2008
milesperminute said:
I'm surprised more people arent talking about Soi Fon's stupid reason for losing that whole time: "I just wanted to see his release"... really? you'll take an hour of punishment just to see someone's release?

Why don't you just kick his ass from the start, then he'll need to use his release to keep up... it's faster and less painful...

Because they get to sell more episodes?

Why do people still ask these questions?
LEGENDOFTHEGALACTICHEROESLEGENDOFTHEGALACTI
Jun 11, 2009 11:44 AM

Apr 2008
Yet again . . . boring. I'm tired of all these fights. I want to see the storyline move.
Jun 11, 2009 12:07 PM

Jul 2008
omeda can fight wow and soifon killed Ggio so cool 4/5
Jun 11, 2009 12:31 PM

Dec 2008
It was a fine episode.
Finally, Omaeda shows his real face after ha acted a dork.
Sui fon, as always, went out a queen. ^-^
And of course I am waiting for the next episode because, you know...

And that's it. Na-no-ne/De-aru/Relo XD
Jun 12, 2009 1:21 AM

May 2009
Yeah, I look forward to the next episode too.
Jun 12, 2009 1:23 AM

Sep 2008
Am I the only one who thinks Tiger boy's released form looks pretty awesome? (the not steroids version)

It doesnt look ridiculous like some of the other released arrancars.
Jun 12, 2009 5:22 AM

May 2009
Fucking episode ... boring
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Episode 176-177 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jun 25, 2008

41 by AdamSylph »»
Yesterday, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 175 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pokedude97 - Jun 18, 2008

54 by AdamSylph »»
Yesterday, 5:48 PM

» Overrated

NeoToad - Apr 1

48 by XGirl86 »»
Apr 15, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 174 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BishounenTatsumi - Jun 11, 2008

57 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 12, 6:21 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 66 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Jun 18, 2009

17 by akay88 »»
Apr 10, 10:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.