Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 7, 2014 4:15 AM

Oct 2013
This episode made me smile :3
Jul 24, 2014 6:31 PM
Jul 2014
pietel said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great episode,
i really liked everything about it!!

really nothing happened
but this episode makes me want to rate this serie with a 10..

It was an episode exploring the characters more than anything else. The series appears to be quite good at character exploration episodes. I am still looking forward to when the plot get's going again too.
Aug 18, 2014 1:32 PM
Jul 2018
Slow paced and pointless ep.
Sep 1, 2014 1:20 PM
Apr 2013
Another odd episode that was strangely amazing. Just like the quiz episode you just get lost in it. And the wind blowing away the paper was amazing symbolism.
Nov 24, 2014 6:46 PM

Jul 2014
Re-l getting some character development in an episode where the plot doesn't progress. It really was a wonderful episode, so far I think its my favorite one. It was nice to have a break from the "artsy" episodes that were right before the quiz show one. Here you can finally sit and relax your mind instead of being thrown confusing sentences and statements that you half understand and are half forced to accept.

Philosophical elements are nice, but overdoing it without giving us the actual story is a bit frustrating at times. With the previous quiz show episode, we are starting to understand what has happened, and what may happen in the future. Nothing is clear, but at least we are starting to understand. I think all the philosophical stuff from earlier episodes would be better put after that quiz episode, because there is something to relate it to now. Earlier I felt like I was listening to things related to Vince and related to the world around him - which I had no clue about.

Anyway, next episode time. Not sure if my rant meant anything significant at all
Dec 29, 2014 4:21 AM

Jun 2013
That was very entertaining, almost like a documentary. Pino was so cute in that make-up and Vincent looked like a clown with it on lol.
Mar 8, 2015 2:34 PM
Apr 2014
Silly Re-I, not understanding that men like to leave the seat up.
Mar 18, 2015 10:11 AM

Mar 2014
I love seeing a different side to Re-L, I was starting to dislike her until the end of this episode.
Mar 18, 2015 11:02 AM

May 2009
I absolutely loved this episode!
I always knew that Re-l was serious, analytic, and observant, but this episode has shown how she over-think things. Her "doing nothing" during taught her how to relax and take things easy from time to time, something that over-thinkers (like myself sometime) need to do.
Overall, Re-l had quite a good character development.
Apr 12, 2015 10:48 PM

Feb 2015
Comfy episode. Pino and Vincent wearing Re-l's makeup was hilarious. Re-l smiling was nice.
May 29, 2015 7:24 PM
Oct 2013
lol my fav ep so far u get to see Re-l other side..............and... and was that a vibrator she picked up XD
Jun 17, 2015 9:11 PM

Jan 2015
Best episode so far!! Loved it! It was good to see Re-l smile
ResonanceJun 17, 2015 9:15 PM
Sep 2, 2015 1:01 PM

Feb 2015
Nice episode even though nothing much happened

Rel looks a lot better without her make up

That hair pull though... ouch.
Sep 11, 2015 10:03 AM

Jul 2015
My favorite episode too :3.

I have no idea why you guys are all "Re-L looks a lot better without her make-up". Re-L is beautiful no matter what she does/wear.
Nov 6, 2015 1:12 AM

May 2012
i realllllly liked this episode lol, it was both amusing and interesting in its own right all at the same time :P
Nov 19, 2015 9:50 AM
Oct 2015
iBlueSky said:
lol my fav ep so far u get to see Re-l other side..............and... and was that a vibrator she picked up XD

No, it was Vincent's shaver. but it was oddly implied that it could be used as one.

Until episode 12 I never knew Re-l was such a cold bitch, I really started to hate her for being one in episodes 12-16, I can just hope she is gonna soften up.
NishingaNov 19, 2015 9:53 AM
Dec 31, 2015 8:59 PM

Dec 2015
The best episode so far. I love Re-l (seems like an unpopular opinion here), and she's a realistic character.
Jan 2, 2016 6:17 PM
Jul 2015
3 filler episodes in a row.

They are definitely trying to force-feed us informations about the world and the characters that should have been implemented in a more subtile way.

Not only do those filler episodes feel out of place, but they also show us how hollow the other episodes felt.

I will admit that this episode was quite cute though.
hi
Feb 4, 2016 1:05 AM

Aug 2013
All that stress building up blew her brain.
I hope Re-l would ton down a little and throw that spoiled princess play.
Pino and her shenanigans lol just being her cute self.
Vincent had a tough time to fall for her. xD
Apr 4, 2016 1:40 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Lil lost her shit, ep had some tense moments.
Pino being cute.

I feel like by the end of the series Lil ends up sleeping with Vincent.

Dunno.. this anime feels really awkward and boring at times. enjoyable enough so far.. but nothing too special for me.
Apr 18, 2016 12:47 AM

Aug 2012
Favorite episode so far even nothing special happened.
May 22, 2016 12:56 AM
Jul 2015
An episode where there's nothing actually happened story-wise but seeing Re-l change little by little is enjoyable :3. I loved this episode!
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 7, 2016 8:33 AM
Aug 2015
One of my favorite episodes of Ergo Proxy.
Jul 27, 2016 6:19 PM

Jun 2016
This episode was very good! I really liked when Pino was parroting Real, and when Vincent was caught putting on makeup! xD
Jul 28, 2016 4:55 PM

Mar 2014
lmao love to see how they cooperate and live together.
Aug 7, 2016 12:26 AM

Jul 2013
Top 10 Slice of life anime. It feels like i'm watching an animal observation documentary. Great and relaxing episode.
Sep 14, 2016 3:52 AM

Mar 2010
Yeey for lil/Re-L finally loosening up.

Vincent cant help that he is a proxy, he is simply showing kindness to you.. Reward him with a smile for once
Sep 15, 2016 12:18 PM

Mar 2016
I've been enjoying a lot this show so far, but this episode made me appreciate it even more, character development at it's best.
Oct 22, 2016 11:50 AM

Jan 2010
This episode made me realize something. This is a post-apocalyptic setting where death can come around at any corner. Re-l herself has almost been killed a number of times, and she's traveling with a man that could also kill her without even trying. Does she really have the luxury to put on makeup and take care of her personal hygiene in this situation? Is this really the right situation to worry about leaving toilet seats up or down? Actually, isn't the hygiene thing a threat to the limited water...yup, it is.

I...I think I figured out something off about the show. Yeah, from the very beginning, I think it wanted to be a smart cyberpunk-ish introspective anime exploring identity and the implications of advanced technologies in human society. Eventually, it slowly became a show of questions rather than answers. No, it didn't have to provide any answers, as it wouldn't be tactful to give answers to complex questions like that, even within the scope of the anime itself. At some point though, it turned into an adventure anime, akin to Casshern Sins or Kino's Journey. However, the former used the adventure aspect to develop its main character and world, while the latter used it to explore aspects of society taken to their logical extents in isolated case studies. At this point, I know that Ergo Proxy is trying to explore Vincent's identity while developing Re-l's character, but...I dunno.

The stagnant nature of the past few episodes, relying strongly on interesting cinematography and superpowered battles over cohesive content finally became an issue with this episode. I understand the value of portraying its characters as actual people, as well as providing insight into how they live aboard their ship. It also provides variety in terms of tone so it's not in constant melancholy. However, unlike Casshern Sins and Kino's Journey, there's a definite goal in mind for Ergo Proxy: getting to Mosque. How the hell did Vincent travel to Romdeau in the first place, and why? Geez the place is really far.

I'll take this time to note that I do enjoy the questions brought up by Ergo Proxy. I also do enjoy the use of imagery to portray everyone's states of mind, especially when they're done in ways that break from reality. However, I'm not watching Ergo Proxy for a lukewarm slice of life loitering. I'm not watching Ergo Proxy a lukewarm romance comedy. I enjoy those two genres, but this isn't what Ergo Proxy set itself up to be, nor is it the type of show that facilitates those types of atmospheres. I don't recognize these past few episodes as attempts to break from its mold, nor is it undergoing any particular identity crisis. Rather, I feel Ergo Proxy is attempting to fill dead space with inconsequential content to prolong its narrative. No, rather than inconsequential content, it's more like peripheral and even important information that are disclosed at the most inopportune moments. It makes me somewhat concerned about the rest of the series.
Nov 13, 2016 3:13 AM
Jul 2018
Re-L seems to be becoming more tolerable. Hopefully Vincent will become less of a footstool and be at least a little more like his Proxy form.
Nov 17, 2016 10:05 PM

Oct 2012
Lol @ toilet lid
I personally don't mind if it's open or closed
But why it have to be closed for women?
If men, it's probably faster that way.. Not sure either xD

Just leave them both alone, they're just enjoying their life
Pino, that was really good imitation of Re-l.. Pretty sure Re-l felt that one :D

That.. "Kyaa" xD
This is actually a nice episode
Change of pace a bit, I mean those smiles.. If you don't like when they're laughing happily, I don't know to say
Seeing those laughs, worth
Rayl1ghtNov 17, 2016 10:08 PM
"Signature removed"
Nov 18, 2016 8:37 AM

Jun 2016
I really enjoyed this episode. It was beautiful, especially the ending.

The part Pino and Vincent played with Re-l's makeup was funny ^_^
Dec 13, 2016 6:20 AM

Aug 2013
Those are some disturbing close up shot of lil's face.
Dec 20, 2016 7:46 AM

Jan 2013
Hnnnnggg ... Pino looked so cute with Re-L's makeup on :D .... well at least the first part, 2nd part was kinda ridiculous lol.

Was fun seeing Re-L going slowly insane.
I think this may be one of my favourite episodes in anime, despite not doing that much for the plot itself.
Dec 21, 2016 12:27 PM

Apr 2014
The only thing that I could think of for Re-l in this episode is that she has OCD. Did anyone else feel that? I mean, the stray chin hair, the holes in the socks...

Anyways, the plot came to a standstill here, but I still think it was a pretty cute episode. Re-l finally came to the realization that life isn't always "go go go!" and sometimes it's nice just to kick back and enjoy the moment because you can't change anything by stressing over it. It was also nice seeing Pino and Vince interact together and have fun with each other. We can also see Re-l becoming softer towards Pino. Going to sleep next to her because she couldn't sleep? D'AWWWWWW~

Man, I really love Pino. She's the naive innocence that they all really need in these dark times. I'm sure Vince would've gone crazy by now if not for her. Pino is the real MVP here.

I really love this show. Sure, the past 2 episodes have had more of a slice-of-life kind of feel, but I enjoyed these 2 episodes of calm before the storm. It makes the characters feel human and relatable. They go through these same daily issues as we do in our normal lives, and after seeing Re-l only as a badass fighter previously, I'm glad they're starting to show a more human side of her.
Mar 11, 2017 7:41 PM

Apr 2016
This episode made me feel like time was dramatically slowed down, i could somewhat relate to Re-L feeling when she kept recording her diary and making a fuss over trivial matter. The sound effect in this episode was splendid, it gave a rather "cold" feeling which suits the scenario perfectly. The directing is also awesome, i feel like i was trapped in the same waste land with the characters. The development in this one is also very strong and realistic, i love it. This is probably the highlight of the show so far, making up for the last episode which served as filler lmao.
May 18, 2017 1:40 PM

Jun 2013
I like that the show was able to present a good slice of life episode. It was fun to watch them try to cope with the situation in different ways; encountering mundane problems like the toilet seat dilemma. There was perhaps even a tiny bit of character development for Re-l. Unfortunately the lack of action made the funky visuals more apparent.
LeeTailorMay 18, 2017 1:48 PM
Dec 4, 2017 5:05 PM

Feb 2016
It's the second time I watched this episode and it was great once again. This time I also noticed a reference to the quiz show episode when Re-L took a look in her notebook at the beginning of the episode.
Jan 19, 2018 9:40 AM

Mar 2012
It's been 3 episodes since the plot stopped to a halt.
Mar 14, 2018 6:09 PM

Feb 2013
This episode is so funny. 5/5
Pino putting makeup on Vincent... LMAO.

MAL sure is interesting... so much hate for 15, but so much love for 16.
Mar 31, 2018 9:05 PM

Dec 2014
"Maybe the solution is unexpectedly simple... Thinking about it is useless".
May 9, 2018 5:33 AM

Dec 2015
This went by in a flash, awesome.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 18, 2018 12:38 PM

Jan 2018
Gotta do my Pino highlights:

Definitely my favorite Pino moment so far. haha They look like mother and daughter.

A wise friend once said, "Having great boobs doesn't mean they have a great body. 9 times out of 10, a great butt means they have a great body."
Plus, her exercising reminds me of Meryl in MGS.

If I had a nickel for every time I get yelled at for leaving the seat up, I'd be rich as fuck. Poor Vincent. Women, am I right?

LOL

Oh boy, she's gone mad. Is it cabin fever? Haha

This episode is great. Very heartwarming.

Oct 8, 2018 8:07 AM
Oct 2018
Omg pino looks so creepy with that make up on but I liked this episode <3
Jan 24, 2019 1:17 PM

May 2018
Kvakond said:
Shave it.. Shave it..

Oh, god! I think this was the most hilarious part. Who knew one hair could drive someone nuts?

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Jan 30, 2019 8:11 PM

Mar 2016
I wish Re-l was my cute, clumsy traveling partner.

A wonderfully mundane episode. Some of her observations are humorously wrong. Hopefully at the end there she genuinely understood the warmth the group shares, even if fleeting.

In ep. 14 Vincent seemed to lose some hesitancy over the journey, but maybe staying like this forever wouldn't be so bad(?, that's a question for me and him I guess).
Mar 26, 2019 6:40 AM
Jun 2017
For some reason this ep reminds me of Yuru Camp :3
Anyway another great ep and nice to see character development
Ultimate_OikawaMar 26, 2019 9:25 AM
Apr 2, 2019 8:07 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I know this ep should show char development and studd but i really had a hard time not to just skip it sigh

May 28, 2019 5:55 PM
May 2010
Another seemingly pointless filler that actually explores a lot more than you might think.

If you pay attention, Vincent and Pino are now exhibiting very human behaviors in this episode, while Re-L is the one acting colder, more robotic and logical.

The theme of proxies and its connotation are further expanded here. If autorevs are servants made to imitate human behavior, and if the Proxies monsters are god-like entities made to replace humans, are their human behaviors genuine or just a pale imitation? What does that make humans then who have been made less human over generations of desensitization?
Apr 8, 2020 11:19 AM
Jan 2019
my favorite episode so far
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

xel - May 31, 2008

93 by LonewolfNBU »»
Apr 12, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Why do people seem to not like Ergo Proxy?

TheGuiltMan - Nov 28, 2020

41 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 30, 12:12 AM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WinterNightsFall - Aug 20, 2008

78 by yojuno »»
Mar 26, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WinterNightsFall - Aug 20, 2008

71 by yojuno »»
Mar 26, 12:23 AM

» Ergo Proxy Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aokaado - Dec 27, 2006

236 by llamav »»
Mar 18, 12:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.