Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 13, 2007 1:03 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
lol @ Asuka...

growing up with 3 younger sisters, seriously? when it's -that- time of the month, just don't fuck with them. Hahahaha.

I'm still wondering wtf is up with Adam / Lance / Second Impact / Eva's etc, it's still all really murky... Oh, and this thing about the "Dead Sea Scrolls"?

I hope they don't fire Asuka :P
Feb 5, 2008 10:53 PM
Jan 2008
I have to admit that as much as I dislike Asuka, there are many instances in this episode where you can feel sorry for her, notably when we see how her parents treated her.

That said, this is a rather disturbing and disorienting episode. It's skillfully executed, but be warned: this is pretty mean-spirited stuff. Underscoring the battle between the angel and Asuka with Handel's Messiah makes for an interesting touch, but at the same time it provides for a very jarring experience.

-Jon T.
JTurnerAug 27, 2009 11:51 AM
Jun 13, 2008 6:23 PM
Oct 2007
Keeping it short and simple..

A unique episode but it can disturb you mentally..

Respect to Asuka for getting through such a difficult life, her personality I dislike but it's not her fault, seeing as how she grew up..

Brilliant ep..
Aug 22, 2008 11:27 AM

Jun 2007
aww... poor asuka
being the tsundere of this anime, she is probably my favourite

i really hope she doesn't get thrown out D=
also, adam is kinda chubby.
Aug 23, 2008 12:22 AM

Aug 2007
CanadaAotS said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
lol @ Asuka...

growing up with 3 younger sisters, seriously? when it's -that- time of the month, just don't fuck with them. Hahahaha.

Hey, I grew up with 3 older sisters. Being the younger brother i was i suppose to know that they were pms-ing.

Anyways, I guess the parents in this anime are expert on breeding psychotic children.
Sep 2, 2008 7:16 AM

May 2007
This is becoming more of a psychological anime, rather than a mecha one. Not that I wasn't expecting it.
Oct 22, 2008 6:07 AM

Jan 2008
Gah, what an episode. Asuka had quite a childhood...
Nov 26, 2008 8:23 PM
May 2008
Asuka has a fucked up past ;-;
I guess that's why she wants people to acknowledge that she needs no one.
Dec 3, 2008 1:23 PM

Apr 2008
nervous breakdown....
I pity her.
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Jan 7, 2009 9:54 PM

Jul 2008
I felt like I was on an acid trip or something watching this episode.

That's one hell of a period Asuka is going through though, I'd stay clear. ;_ ;
Jul 27, 2009 5:01 PM

Jul 2009
Those quick-flashing messages in the sub I watched were really disturbing. Just glimpses of stuff like 'Death' 'Sex', and other, even more disturbing words. *Shivers*
Aug 27, 2009 8:03 AM

Jun 2009
I've wanted an Asuka centered episode. But... I should be careful what I wish for. Great ep, but that was alot to process. Just came to mind, Asuka has no idea about Kaji. That would screw her up even more.
Ston3_FreeN7Aug 27, 2009 8:39 AM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 16, 2009 6:14 AM

Jun 2008
I'm actually really surprised no one mentioned how bad-ass it was to see Rei use the Lance. Which is pretty amazing to think that the more psychological and artsy portions of this show can outshine the phenomenal and well-animated action parts. :D
Nov 9, 2009 2:07 PM

Feb 2009
I dislike her character, and this episode wasn't as disturbing as it has been mentioned. It was yes, when Asuka was fighting the "psyquic" angel, a fuked up situation, where we are shown the troubled past of Asuka. Still I think Gainax overdid it with the "disturbing" scenes, specially the repetition of the same scene over and over again... apart from that, a great episode, the Lance throw was Kickass.

Argh there was a point where this anime was growing into a 10, but these last episodes, while well directed, aren't 10 stuff.
Dec 30, 2009 6:04 AM
May 2008
These last few episodes have been directed so well, hopefully the last few manage to keep it up. Just the overall intensity of them is quite powerful.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jan 7, 2010 4:51 PM
Oct 2009
Jesus, these people's lives are trainwrecks. :(
Apr 17, 2010 9:13 AM

Nov 2008
It was the first episode I watched dubbed. Could I possibly have worse? English Asuka was more annoying, and given she's yelling the half episode...
I think I'll agree with some people out there that the penguin is the only sane character...
Apr 25, 2010 3:44 AM
Apr 2008
Woah. These psychological scenes are insane. Asuka also went on her period and raged at everyone (same old Asuka then).

Only a few more episodes left now!

On a side note that Lance of Longinus looked like something out of Gurren Lagann... a bit out of place.

May 15, 2010 4:49 PM

Aug 2008
Asuka and Rei can go a long time without blinking... >.>

Gotta feel bad for Asuka, but I still think she is rather annoying and over-rated.

And a mega WTF on Hallelujah chorus. This anime is weird, and not exactly in the good Serial Experiments Lain kinda weird, either...
aixelsydMay 15, 2010 4:56 PM
Jun 8, 2010 7:50 AM

May 2008
Great series so far...

I wasn't expecting this kind of psychological and emotional load, and all those childhood problems Asuka had... that's some serious stuff, I respect and understand her much more now, having to face that and still be able to get up in the morning with a smile on her face... I knew Evangelion was a "heavy" anime, but still... I can´t wait to see the next episodes !!

And OMG, What a coincidence! Asuka and I pms-ed at the same time! xD
Jun 24, 2010 8:26 AM

May 2008
Took its toll on me...
I'm gonna need a break from NGE
Jun 25, 2010 4:13 PM

Aug 2009
Woah.... Adam, Eva, Lance, Angels.... Second Impact. This show just screams symbolism... I just know its gonna have the biggest WTF ending.
Jul 25, 2010 1:50 PM

May 2010
Just letting you know, the creators stated that the symbolism means nothing at all, its just there to make the show more interesting. Watch the director's cut episode of this, it gives out a lot more information and it shows that Asuka was stressing over how she likes Shinji, but is frustrated that he does nothing about it.
Jul 25, 2010 3:47 PM

May 2008
Great episode, I like the psychological way it took a few episodes ago. Asuka had one hell of a childhood, I feel sorry for her.
Aug 2, 2010 9:52 AM
Jun 2010
That was one annoying episode, Asuka is an annoying bitch. Please die already.

What the hell is the Spear of Longinus in this anime ?

Aug 7, 2010 1:26 PM
Jan 2010
Asuka is literally on her period.
Aug 16, 2010 8:00 AM

Nov 2009
I may be a freak for saying this, but it's moments like this in anime where I just wish I could be there for her and hold her like she needed. I can't stand seeing people who went through such horrible childhoods, breaking down. If I had a superpower, it would be transporting myself to the anime world to help people like that ><
Aug 25, 2010 4:33 PM

Aug 2009
Fuck men it's like everyone's in drugs in this Anime. Apparently piloting an Evangelion is like being influenced with drugs. I mean not only Shinji but Asuka experienced those weird dreams inside Evangelion. Just what the fuck?

Okay so I'm really sad for Asuka mainly because she's my favorite character in this series. She's the same as Shinji. She longs for love but she doesn't want to show it. She hates exposing her weak side and because of that she decided to act tough despite that she's really soft inside. I guess a tsundere really fits her. I'll call Queen Tsundere from now on. Oh and come on Shinji. Can't you see that Asuka likes you. JUST HUG HER YOU NIGGA. Perform a bdsm on her if necessary.

Anyways, what the fuck was that Longinus spear? Apparently Adam's body started to regenerate after Eva-00 pulled out the spear from it. Also, second impact was not caused by Evangelions being in contact with an Angel? What the hell is going on!?
Oct 10, 2010 8:09 AM

Mar 2010
Oh the characters are getting more fun to watch, not that I didn't like them before but, from what I heard about Eva, a really long time ago, I expected to something like this. Interesting ideas.
Oct 13, 2010 1:36 PM
Jul 2010
net_nomad said:
Asuka and Rei can go a long time without blinking... >.>

Gotta feel bad for Asuka, but I still think she is rather annoying and over-rated.

And a mega WTF on Hallelujah chorus. This anime is weird, and not exactly in the good Serial Experiments Lain kinda weird, either...

I also think Asuka is an overrated character but she's still good. And yeah, this episode has to make one feel bad for her. It was a quite depressive episode but an impressive one nonetheless.

Asuka blinked in the elevator. Twice. Rei didn't. Maybe Asuka's right about her being a dooll xD

I still don't understand what's so special about the Lance of Longinus but it seems like that was what was preventing Adam from regenerating its body. And Commander Ikari was quite eager for it to happen. What's that all about? What is he planning?

Also, whenever they mention the Second Impact and the chance of a Third Impact happening, I always think that there had to be a "First Impact" as well. Why would they call it "Second Impact" if there hadn't been a first?
Nov 19, 2010 3:01 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, the scene with the Lance of Longinus was badass as hell. Go Rei!

Apart from that, this episode continues the trend of mind F-ery. Perhaps excessively so. Yes, Asuka's flashbacks do evoke alot of sympathy from me, but the same scene being played over like 10 times was really uncalled for. Just get on with the show. Not to mention, the playing of Handel's Messiah with the ray of light was, while initially amusing, really disturbing--especially when compounded with Asuka's metaphorical rape.

Overall, decent episode with more of Asuka's background, and it makes it clear that Asuka does indeed like Shinji (all the more reason for her PMS'ing). I hope the mindfucking ends soon though, and that the show would answer all the questions that it only just started raising.
Feb 13, 2011 8:07 PM

Aug 2010
Asuka, chill the fuck out.
Feb 13, 2011 10:38 PM

Apr 2009
My mind was like WTF in this ep. @.@
Feb 23, 2011 10:53 PM

Sep 2009
....ung.
I enjoyed this.
I'm enjoying these far more then the first Monster of the day episodes.

Asuka being even more bitchy was fun.
Her voice actor (Dub) can speak German lovely.
I loved the scene where she was being mind raped.
That was just brilliantly done.

Penguins coming into contact was what caused Second Impact.
Antartica. Penguins. Angels.
Put it together.
Apr 27, 2011 3:17 AM
Mar 2011
God Asuka is annoying.
lol @ the elevator scene silence
May 8, 2011 10:25 PM

Oct 2008
Asuka has waaaaay too much pride. She should stop being so stuck up and appreciate that she got saved.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 12, 2011 4:18 PM
Feb 2011
Asuka getting mind raped
Sabinlerose said:
....ung.

I loved the scene where she was being mind raped.

Put it together.

It was very well done but too disturbing :( Too much like it was physical rape - I got a little scared actually.
Jun 2, 2011 4:59 PM

Aug 2010
I don't know why but i always laugh when the hallelujah part starts..

Regarding Asuka yeah...as much i dislike her personality (i think she is a bitch) i know she can't really be blamed for it as Shinji can't be blamed for being what some have called "pussbag"... They are just kids whom had a terribly bad childhood and lived through many hardships
Jun 15, 2011 10:35 AM

Aug 2010
Asuka is a bit overrated. But compared to the other overrated tsunderes out there it makes sense.
Aug 9, 2011 5:06 PM

Dec 2010
Asuka is having her reasons now. But...
"Why am I telling you this? :@" Yeah, I really wonder why ¿__¿
"That from someone who uses cats to fill the holes in her own life." - pwnd (y)
Asuka's bitchslap... how lovely!
That awkward moment in the elevator...
Nov 21, 2011 1:04 PM

Jul 2009
LOLPMSLOL.

The Lance That Will Pierce The Heavens! Or something like this. :D
Nov 24, 2011 11:28 PM

Mar 2010
As crafted an episode as that was, I can't say that I really enjoyed anything about that episode. I thought the whole mental process of it was great, but It left me feeling TOO sad for Asuka, and nowhere for her to redeem herself at any point. Like it's one track road for her. On another note, what kind of preview was that! ''Oh, Rei dies!'' ''Stay tuned''. What the hell! Not looking forward to the next!
Jun 6, 2012 3:35 AM

Mar 2008
I thought this episode was quiet good until they went for that "longus blablabla" with some cheesy music. Meeeeh.
Jul 17, 2012 11:30 PM

Oct 2011
Pretty messed up episode, that's one hardcore period Asuka had.
The hell was with the preview? Spoiler much?
Aug 14, 2012 5:43 PM
Jul 2012
the unfitting music while asuka was getting mindfuck was so much win
Aug 18, 2012 10:05 AM

Feb 2009
Lol @ the playing of the same scene like 10 times... skipped right past that shit. Oops @ the budget.

This show is fucking with my mind way too much, I need to take breaks between eps
Dec 10, 2012 9:56 AM

May 2012
Nice backstory on Asuka, was quite interesting but like the last episode quite dramatic... all those "chosen" children do have a dramatic background...

Good episode though, I do wonder what that lance was, and why the sudden regeneration of Eve took place, will he awake now the lance is removed?

Well good episode lets see what's up next!
Dec 15, 2012 6:59 PM

Aug 2012
The hallelujah chorus added an eerieness to the mind rape.
Feb 25, 2013 10:28 PM

Jan 2013
Roooooooar.

I just want the three kids to get along and cuddle
Mar 20, 2013 3:03 AM

Jan 2013
there's an important lesson to be learned in this episode: Females, don't pilot Evangelion mech when on your period.
lol seemed like a direct consequence that whole episode because Asuka was pms'ing, hard.

Also, wtf at the "hallelujah" background music? gotta say, it felt totally out of place. Now Im just realizing the Christianity reference though.

oh yeah, that was literally the longest silence elevator scene, ever. I kept having to check if I accidentally paused it.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Voltlighter - Dec 17, 2007

286 by ToTheGyz »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Dec 9, 2007

173 by kermitpoke »»
9 hours ago

» Should i watch this ( 1 2 )

Lonely_kun - Apr 18

71 by SodaPopFrequency »»
Today, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

342 by ToTheGyz »»
Yesterday, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

197 by ToTheGyz »»
Apr 22, 4:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.