Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Saki
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 7, 2009 11:54 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, there's our Nodoka+Saki bed scene :p
Mako puts her glasses down and uses her super brain.. strange way to play,
and a complete noob beats them all Oo
And I understand Fujita-pro, Koromo is really kawaii "Koromo wa Kodomo ja nai" xD
Now it's going to be Takei Hisa's strange play, Fukuji Mihoko knew her from before (that's hinted in the OP and some fanart featuring them both made me wonder about that)
Secondary ED again this time? GONZO seem to change the ED fitting to the mood?
Jun 7, 2009 2:35 PM

Dec 2008
I love the second ED more than the first ED, personally. Then again, I'm a sucker for more serious themes.

Yay, finally we get to see the history between Hisa and Mihoko; I really hope they go into depth instead of wasting the potential it could have.

Most importantly, we (finally) see how good the President really is.

I really wish there was more detail on Mako's match, though; it seems like wasted potential really. However, her playstyle is quite nifty albeit being strange.

XD at the newcomer's victory, but oh well, that happens sometimes, in just about every game.

Aww at Koromo, but I'm personally more interested in seeing what makes everyone view her as a demon at Mahjong.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Jun 7, 2009 2:53 PM

Jul 2008
Decent episode
but ya wtf a newcomer's victory indeed XD
o wells im looking forward to next week's game
Jun 7, 2009 3:59 PM

May 2008
if a beginner wins it must really be luck lols

ehh how do they decide when to play the second ending

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 7, 2009 5:19 PM

Apr 2008
beginner's luck xD haha~ seems like this series only have 25 episodes

Jun 7, 2009 5:42 PM

Feb 2008
Takei, Hisa

Yup it's a beginner luck.

Takei Hisa, we don't know anything about her past so this episode gave us a bit past records about her, that must be Hisa Ueno, come on she looks exacly like her.
It must happend something in her past that's why she changes her name till Takei Hisa. Probably her family remarried or something that's changed her last name.
Hisa Ueno was her real name.

Warning Manga Spoiler - Read this in your own risks since the anime is 100% based from Manga

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jun 7, 2009 9:38 PM

Nov 2007
I was shocked when I heard the beginner's voice. If I'm not mistaken, She's voiced by Ryoko Shinitani? Hmm.

I was really disappointed that we didn't see Mako play. her fighting style is really cool. Anyways, no wonder in the op we see Mihoko and Hisa in the same scene. xD

hoping for the next episode.

Jun 7, 2009 11:13 PM

Jul 2008
nodoka and saki... lmao! that was a pretty funny scene; and now the captain takes to the field! according to that one eyed girl she's really dangerous!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jun 7, 2009 11:41 PM

Oct 2008
Bed scene indeed. I thought there'd be only one futon the way the scene was going. And then when Yuuki called Kyoutaro a dog, I rolled my eyes. Can't there but more original insults for Kugimiya Rie to say?
Jun 8, 2009 3:35 AM
Jul 2008
feel like i wanna see how hisa's gonna play ^ ^
yodlormakJun 8, 2009 10:48 AM
Jun 8, 2009 10:47 AM
Jul 2018
ironchefflip said:
And then when Yuuki called Kyoutaro a dog, I rolled my eyes. Can't there but more original insults for Kugimiya Rie to say?

You're right BUT the dialogue was the exact same in the manga already, so it's more coincidence. (Unless they chose the Seiyuu because Yuuki treats Kyou-chan like a dog.) Gonzo's faith into the orignial work is so high, even short words they yell (which come without a speech bubble) are transfered into the anime adaption.
Jun 8, 2009 11:04 AM

Oct 2007
So thats the reason why Hisa didn't want Saki and Nodoka to see her playing since last time. Can't wait to see what kind of dangerous skill she is going to unleash.

And why the heck do they have to take their skirt off just to take a nap?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jun 8, 2009 3:19 PM

Feb 2008
I don't think that is the reason, yup the manga have the same dialogue in anime. Probably more comfort that way, I don't really know since I'm not a girl. They can't changed the anime so followe exacly in the anime.
Well she is incredible good.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jun 8, 2009 3:54 PM

Feb 2008
This phase :

Don't you think the records of the third and fifth players were odd?
Read this clearly then you will know this two players is strong.

Takei Hisa is 3th players

Miyanaga Saki is 5th players

Jun 8, 2009 5:07 PM

Oct 2008
HoaRy said:
ironchefflip said:
And then when Yuuki called Kyoutaro a dog, I rolled my eyes. Can't there but more original insults for Kugimiya Rie to say?

You're right BUT the dialogue was the exact same in the manga already, so it's more coincidence. (Unless they chose the Seiyuu because Yuuki treats Kyou-chan like a dog.) Gonzo's faith into the orignial work is so high, even short words they yell (which come without a speech bubble) are transfered into the anime adaption.

Ah, ok. Thanks for the background info. Yeah, I haven't read the manga so I didn't know they were just being true to form. Quite the coinidence.
Jun 8, 2009 5:30 PM

Dec 2008
Blackbird said:
This phase :

Don't you think the records of the third and fifth players were odd?
Read this clearly then you will know this two players is strong.

Takei Hisa is 3th players

Miyanaga Saki is 5th players

All the parts of this episode that reference to Hisa really get me excited to see how good she really is. We already know that Saki and Nodoka are great but how about the president?

Heck, even Mihoko admitted that Hisa gave her trouble when they played before. To give someone that good a run for their money....

Sorry if I sound like I'm overhyping things, but unless Hajime is a big step up from Tomoki, I think Hisa's going to blow them all away.

(I haven't read the manga btw).

Jun 8, 2009 5:32 PM

Dec 2008
greenmush said:
if a beginner wins it must really be luck lols

ehh how do they decide when to play the second ending

Not really; beginner players are often experimenting and therefore are often difficult to predict. Since Mako's playstyle was based around recalling patterns she had seen previously, it was a bad matchup for her.

I wish they'd play that ending more consistently now; I like it a lot more than the 1st ED (but I'm definitely going to miss the ~WAI WAIs >.<)

Jun 8, 2009 5:50 PM

Jun 2008
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Jun 8, 2009 10:01 PM

Feb 2008
Amae Koromo have also a cute side that we already know, well only for those people that are reading the manga.
Too bad I already know Hisa as a strong player.
I doubt everyone have read the manga since I am reading the manga on raws. :)

Jun 9, 2009 2:28 PM

Nov 2008
Wow, this may get interesting, the team captain actually having some kind of hidden 'identity'. Anyways, it was quite obvious she's a pretty good player from the start. Wonder what'll happen next.

And yay for 25 eps!
Jun 9, 2009 3:10 PM

Sep 2008
needs moar Koromo.
Jun 9, 2009 3:17 PM

Apr 2009
Motoyama said:
needs moar Koromo.

I haven't read the manga, but I'm sure you're gonna get plenty of. :)

Nice episode, some mahjong again, some unavoidable Saki+Nodoka, we finally get to see Koromo... A lot of stuff, somehow different from the other episodes.
Good buildup for the president's character, I liked it. Waiting fo the next ep.
Jun 9, 2009 5:26 PM

Feb 2008
I can always wonder if Nodoka is human, play with no time. My brain is ordinare, well not exacly special. But Nodoka she playing Mahjong like an AI bot. Someone want to agreed with me this anime is more enjoyable then manga?
Good think it is 100% based from the manga that's why it's make the anime good.
Desiro the manga is raws doubt you read it if you can't read Japanese of course.
I can't wait for episodes 11 even thought I already know what's going on but like I said before anime is more enjoyable. :)

Sorry my english is quite off sometimes.

Jun 10, 2009 8:56 PM

Jan 2007
yay finally we're at Hisa's match. This is one of the matches i've been dying to see since the start of the show.
Jun 10, 2009 9:07 PM
Jun 2008
Siva said:

And why the heck do they have to take their skirt off just to take a nap?

Haven't you ever taken a nap in Japan before??
Jun 11, 2009 1:00 AM

Feb 2008
I have been waiting for Hisa match for a while now, about 3 days left to sunday then it will be released another episode, can't wait to see it :(

Jun 11, 2009 3:13 AM
Jul 2008
Blackbird said:
I have been waiting for Hisa match for a while now, about 3 days left to sunday then it will be released another episode, can't wait to see it :(

well, same here ^^ a bit curious to know how great she is
3 more days yeah
Jun 11, 2009 10:01 AM
May 2008
Well this was a pretty typical Saki episode...except with extra yuri scenes. The Mahjong tournament is also becoming more interesting imo.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jun 11, 2009 1:14 PM

Feb 2008
Pff yodlormak already have seen her playing in the manga but think it would be more enjoyable to watch her game in anime. :)

Jun 11, 2009 9:12 PM

Jul 2008
Now I want to read the manga :D
Jun 11, 2009 9:17 PM

Jun 2008
HoboFreedom said:
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Moe levels are over 9000 captain!!
Jun 14, 2009 10:50 AM

Apr 2009
daniel_w said:
President says that she analyses possible moves by all players and her reply during their turns. I can't see why is that so strange. Don't you ever plan your moves a few steps ahead when playing cards or some other games?

She probably meant that Nodoka does it better than average. Way better... :P
Jun 15, 2009 12:03 AM

Feb 2009
new ED is better than the last one they changed it to, but this one is too plain. feels like a generic anime ending. looks like they still want to show off nodoka and her enormous... well, you know... in a frilly outfit. i still like the original ED more.

about the episode:
i was wondering why kunihiro had chains on her, figured it was just for looks. i like her character. and yay we get to see Hisa play next episode.
Jun 17, 2009 1:53 AM

Aug 2008
I WANT MY WAI WAI!

Also, moe shrinking petting happiness, and everyones superpowers seem to be coming around >_>

Jun 19, 2009 5:46 PM

Jul 2008
Nyanta said:
I WANT MY WAI WAI!

Also, moe shrinking petting happiness, and everyones superpowers seem to be coming around >_>

XD. I like both the ED songs. I thought that blonde beginner was really cute, I hope she shows up again.
Jul 8, 2009 10:59 PM

Dec 2007
Aw, Koromo is so cute, and I loved how she is blushing. I am more interested in why that people view her as a demon in mahjong. Nodoka and Saki sleep each other in a bed scene is my favorite scene so far. Lol at beginner's luck. xD I am looking forward to Hisa's match.
Aug 21, 2009 7:56 PM

Nov 2007
Nodoka and Saki blissfully asleep, but Koromo is so cute ><! Although an early confrontation is about to take place :3, seems the president is more formidable than what we first saw.
Apr 21, 2014 11:18 AM

May 2012
Pretty nice episode, I do hope the penguin will be alright! Let's see what's next.
Nov 22, 2014 7:20 AM

Mar 2014
Yuri everywhere ~ !!
"Power" beneath those eye-glasses !! Recall of the past encounters !!
A Total Novice with the beginner's luck , runs the table with concealed tricks !!
The Imminence of destruction is about to happen as the typhoon departs at the center stage !! .. though ,now is certainly not the right time to wreck havoc but enjoy the cutesy of hers ~ !!
Kaicho sure does knows how to 'camouflage' her talents in these past years .. It's gripping !!
EDs keeps changing .. but still fine to glee with ~ !!
AnimeLaver01Nov 22, 2014 7:23 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2015 1:20 AM

Sep 2014
Hisa throwing that tile was badass. I need to do that when I self-draw XD. I thought Amae Koromo was going to be a giant bitch, turns out she's cute.

Shipping Hisa x Mihoko so far right now. Much to my disbelief, I'm not ecstatic over Saki x Nodoka; I felt like it came out of the blue and much too fast.
Jun 19, 2015 4:34 PM

Jun 2013
Best episode so far! And look at all of that delicious yuri!
Jan 9, 2016 6:17 PM

Dec 2010
The good Ending again.. Oh yeah, the Megane match rather disappointed me, but it seems like the President will finally deliver. I'm really interested in the next episode.
Apr 6, 2016 4:49 PM

Feb 2013
President is up. Let's see how she does this round.
May 21, 2017 8:38 AM

Jul 2015
Yuuki calling Kyoutaro a dog Zero no Tsukaima PTSD

That begginers luck too OP lol.

Bed scene! sweating that together with the 2nd ED is too much yuri for my heart.

Koromo is so cute!
Aug 26, 2021 1:00 AM

Feb 2020
Finally they are in bed together. <3

More topics from this board

» Does anyone know this character from Saki ?

lunalee1294 - Apr 9

2 by lunalee1294 »»
Apr 10, 1:01 AM

Poll: » Saki Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

starrysky - Sep 27, 2009

125 by KenZync »»
Jan 8, 7:56 AM

Poll: » Saki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Plate - Apr 19, 2009

72 by Losthevy »»
Dec 3, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Saki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Plate - Apr 5, 2009

155 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Feb 11, 2023 12:02 AM

» Is this interesting enough for me???

Sylpheed - Jun 30, 2009

4 by removed-user »»
Jan 16, 2023 9:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.