Forum Settings
Forums

Independent Film Channel (IFC) to air 3 new anime series in 2008

New
Dec 13, 2007 9:33 AM

May 2007
Cablevision's Independent Film Channel, which is available free on many cable and satellite systems, plans to add 3 popular anime titles from FUNimation "with staggered premieres" during 2008. Witchblade, Speed Grapher and Hell Girl will join the roster of anime shown by the IFC, which has previously aired other FUNimation series, Samurai Seven, Basilisk, and Gunslinger Girl during 2007.

Witchblade, produced by Gonzo and based on the Top Cow comic book property, will be the first of the new series to debut on the IFC in January.

Speed Grapher, a series about a photographer who investigates corruption and decadence among the oligarchic elite in a near-future Tokyo, joins the lineup in March.

The first season of Hell Girl, a supernatural thriller about a Website where ordinary people (with the help of the title character) can get revenge against those who wronged them (but at the cost of going to hell when they die), will debut later in the year.

source: ICv2

Death may be the greatest of all human blessings. ~Socrates
Dec 13, 2007 12:40 PM

May 2007
wow talk about promoting little girls.
Dec 13, 2007 1:00 PM

May 2007
ZoiQ said:

Wow, I didn't even make that connection before but you are right. Weird.

I was just too excited to hear about Speed Grapher. Its one of my all time favs. Hell Girl too for quite a while. I get excited when stuff that I like gets any amount of attention, especially a mass media.

Death may be the greatest of all human blessings. ~Socrates
Dec 13, 2007 5:55 PM
Jul 2018
another step towards loli world domination.
removed-userDec 13, 2007 6:01 PM
Dec 15, 2007 1:30 AM

Dec 2007
Cool. Any anime that comes on TV that I haven't seen (and want to see, obviously) is one I don't have to download fansubbed. Can't wait to watch Witchblade, the others I don't really care one way or the other about.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Dec 15, 2007 6:44 PM
Jul 2007
Hell Girl? I've wanted to see that!

Now I gotta find out if I get that channel, darnit...
Dec 15, 2007 10:26 PM

Nov 2007
I'll try soeed grapher and Witchblade, but I can't wait to see Hellgirl it seems to be an very interesting story.
Dec 16, 2007 12:41 PM

Jul 2007
That's sounds awesome, but you listed Gunslinger Girls as part of the lineup those will be added to, and I'm just wondering, if Gunslinger Girl is still a part of the lineup, then were did it go!? cause it's NEVER on anymore...makes me sad; that is one of my favorites...
Dec 16, 2007 6:26 PM

May 2007
Su said:
Darkanger said:
ZoiQ said:

Wow, I didn't even make that connection before but you are right. Weird.

I was just too excited to hear about Speed Grapher. Its one of my all time favs. Hell Girl too for quite a while. I get excited when stuff that I like gets any amount of attention, especially a mass media.

Ahahahaa, same here xD
It took some time to see what ZoiQ meant. Maybe the term "lolis ftw~" has reached the big companies? :3

nah japan has always been full of perverts, with lolicons as japan's pride. 8D

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

1 by ZXEAN »»
2 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

97 by Nanaca »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

22 by Piromysl »»
3 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Apr 22, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 22, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.