Forum Settings
Forums

Favorite anime Openings/Endings/Inserts and why?

New
Pages (66) « First ... « 56 57 [58] 59 60 » ... Last »
Mar 24, 2020 1:08 PM

Apr 2018
Here's a bunch (no order):

Dorohedoro ed 2

Hajime no Ippo op 4

Kengan Ashura op

Hinomaru Sumo ed 1

Overlord ed 1

Durarara!! ed 1

Cardcaptor Sakura ed 1

Top wo Nerae 2! Diebuster op

Great Teacher Onizuka op 2

Persona Trinity Soul op 1
Mar 24, 2020 2:30 PM

Jan 2019
Unravel, Tokyo Ghoul. Gets me everytime.
"Whether you're sad, you're hurt, or empty, you have to keep playing."

Mar 24, 2020 2:42 PM
Jul 2018
What the fuck? I'm sorry but Parayste has one of the worst OPs I've ever heard.

*cough* anyway

as for endings:

removed-userMar 24, 2020 5:03 PM
Mar 24, 2020 3:05 PM
Feb 2014
I consider all the Op's and Ed's i have on my profile to be the best i have heard in anime, though there's too many to list, so have a link to my profile instead and check them out there:

https://myanimelist.net/profile/Dauphine
My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Mar 24, 2020 5:40 PM
May 2019
Noragami Aragoto OP

Clannad AS OP

Krul_LurkMar 25, 2020 3:22 PM
Mar 24, 2020 9:05 PM

May 2015
Oooh Anime OPs and EDs...Mind if I share some?

Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse OP:

Knights of Sidonia OP:

Slayers NEXT OP:

Hell Girl Season 1 OP:

Nisemonogatari OP 3:

Carnival Phantasm OP:

NANA OP:

Valvrave The Liberator Season 1 OP:

BTOOOM! OP:

There are several EDs that I love, but it's hard for me to name one that is necessarily "catchy", so I'll give out a few that sound great for the ears:

Centaur no Nayami ED:

Hyperdimension Neptunia: The Animation ED:

Queen's Blade Utsukushi Toushi Tachi ED:

Macross Delta ED 1:
TarotistMar 24, 2020 9:09 PM
Mar 24, 2020 10:10 PM
Nov 2019
Samurai Champloo has one of the best intros and outros
Mar 24, 2020 10:25 PM
Jul 2019
Kuchizuke Diamond from Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches for the OP.

Maybe Just Awake from Hunter x Hunter for the ED, I never skipped that and I usually skip EDs cause most of them are similar.
Mar 24, 2020 10:35 PM

Nov 2012
Tarotist said:
Macross Delta ED 1:

speaking of macross—behold the one, true answer

last.fm / recent albums / twitter
Mar 24, 2020 10:40 PM

Aug 2016
one of my favorites will always be the opening from death parade
Whoever likes slice of life anime doesn't have any IRL friends.
Mar 24, 2020 10:51 PM
Jul 2018
-Lawrence- said:

And guess who already has that in his list of favorite OP's. ;) Ahh, it feels good hearing someone else share an OP favorite. It is SO CATCHY. (And arguably uncharacteristic of the anime itself.) But yeah, and the visuals are great too. Gucci choice Larry.
Mar 24, 2020 10:56 PM

Aug 2016
AlexanderHD said:
-Lawrence- said:

And guess who already has that in his list of favorite OP's. ;) Ahh, it feels good hearing someone else share an OP favorite. It is SO CATCHY. (And arguably uncharacteristic of the anime itself.) But yeah, and the visuals are great too. Gucci choice Larry.

Yes it is catchy and their use of english in the opening as well makes me like it even more. It is definitely a jammer. I also like the opening from Assassins Pride although its not "As Good" its still really catchy and enjoyable to listen to.
Mar 24, 2020 10:57 PM
Jul 2018
Didn't we have the same type of conversation a few weeks ago? Anyways, might as well just talk about it anyways.

The OP's of Baccano and The World God Only Knows 3 are my favorite OP's of all time and nothing can beat those for me.

Honorable mentions go to Bungou Stray Dogs 3, Kaguya Sama, Mob Psycho 100 2, and Kekkai Sensen.

AlexanderHD said:
2. Yosuga no Sora

Pinky Jones - Momoiro Clover Z
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVn3_qeIrBA

# Doki Doki Literature Club
(This also does not belong to a particular anime, but come on... Doki Doki Literature Club. I had to.)

Doki Doki Forever - OR3O
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpV_xL2FrGA&list=PLdXZ34ahC8k9pSO4jXZxrQqSnJiRR5HsM&index=18

# Cory in the House

Cory in the House (Theme Song) - Kyle Massey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfqwFyx9B5w&list=PLdXZ34ahC8k9pSO4jXZxrQqSnJiRR5HsM&index=14

# Interspecies Reviewers

Ikōze☆Paradise" (イこうぜ☆パラダイス, lit. Let's Go Paradise)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLO4tg0ubXc

Not to brag or anything but...

I'm also surprised that you liked the English version of One Piece's first OP instead of the original...

EDIT: Forgot to list my favorite ED's. Magia from Madoka Magica and Sugar Song to the Bitter Step from Kekkai Sensen.
removed-userMar 24, 2020 11:01 PM
Mar 24, 2020 10:58 PM
Jul 2018
onchyophoran said:
Tarotist said:
Macross Delta ED 1:

speaking of macross—behold the one, true answer

While touching an anime with an all-female cast would risk my masculinity, I'm not gonna lie, that's a fuckin bop. If I weren't afraid of having this in my watch list, I'd watch this anime and never skip the intro. Damn Japanese people are such good singers...

Yeah, thanks for bringing this one to my attention. It's very distinct from your other common anime OP's, in that it stands out. The melody is unique, upbeat, and is good on the ears.

Can we please both agree that at 1:08, she's singing "September" by Earth, Wind & Fire, though?

Actually, after listening to "September" and then listening to the OP again, I'm convinced that it was totally inspired by the late-70's hit? The resemblance is uncanny. They both have the "funk" rhythm. They're one in the same!

Thanks again though. You've amused me.

-Lawrence- said:
AlexanderHD said:

Yes it is catchy and their use of english in the opening as well makes me like it even more. It is definitely a jammer. I also like the opening from Assassins Pride although its not "As Good" its still really catchy and enjoyable to listen to.

My dude, anime OP's with English in them are some of the best. dAnCiNg ThRoUgH tHe SkIeS -- pUt YoUr HaNdS uP. First time I heard that, I was so elated.

I haven't heard of Assassin's Pride but Googling it, it looks like something that'd be popular on a Sword Art Online level.

I checked up on the OP and damn it's eventful. The beginning sounds kinda Latin, then it shifts to dubstep, then you have your more-typical-sounding music, followed by a soft yet upbeat chorus with techno in the background. More dubstep, latin, and passionate singing. I probably sound like a nutjob trying to describe it but I absolutely see what you mean. It's an undeniable bop that makes itself apparent amongst all the other same-sounding OP's. If I choose to watch this anime now, this'll get stuck in my head for sure.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenMar 28, 2020 3:56 AM
Mar 24, 2020 11:07 PM

Aug 2016
AlexanderHD said:
-Lawrence- said:

My dude, anime OP's with English in them are some of the best. dAnCiNg ThRoUgH tHe SkIeS -- pUt YoUr HaNdS uP. First time I heard that, I was so elated.

I haven't heard of Assassin's Pride but Googling it, it looks like something that'd be popular on a Sword Art Online level.

I checked up on the OP and damn it's eventful. The beginning sounds kinda Latin, then it shifts to dubstep, then you have your more-typical-sounding music, followed by a soft yet upbeat chorus with techno in the background. More dubstep, latin, and passionate singing. I probably sound like a nutjob trying to describe it but I absolutely see what you mean. It's an undeniable bop that makes itself apparent amongst all the other same-sounding OP's. If I choose to watch this anime now, this'll get stuck in my head for sure.

oh lol I forgot to mention the beginning of the opening of assassins pride I like not really the rest of it lmao
Mar 24, 2020 11:09 PM

Jan 2010
AlexanderHD said:
Shicchi said:
Best is still Unravel from Tokyo Ghoul.
And then all SnK OP.

I think the operatic/rock n roll tone for SnK's OP's are VERY fitting. They definitely do justice to the show. They're also some of the most high-energy songs too. I don't really see them as solid bops worth listening to in your spare time, hence why I wouldn't call them the bEsT, but that's beside the point. Actually, the more I think about it, the more you might be right. Factually, they very well might be top tier.

That is, AFTER Tokyo Ghoul is considered. You seemed to have placed "Unravel" at the very top. I've never seen Tokyo Ghoul, although maybe I should because everyone on MAL already has. Still, I listened to it and damn that's amazing. Really stands out from other OP's. Probably because of the distinctive falsetto the guy sings in. It's great. Thanks for the suggestions!!!

Yeah, I mean, even the animation is very fitting to the song, the song itself is a perfect fit for the story, both the music and the lyric also. It's just amazing. I still listened to the full version. There is this cover by PelleK on youtube that I think is much better than the original. More powerful XD

I also still listened to SnK OPs, they are all just very high spirited and very emotional at the same time :3

And you're welcome~
Mar 24, 2020 11:17 PM
Jul 2018
-Lawrence- said:
lol I forgot to mention the beginning of the opening of assassins pride I like not really the rest of it lmao

How dare you hype me up for the entire OP only to proclaim you dislike most of it. You should be ashamed of yourself. Off with your head. ⚔️

Am I really gonna have to fight you over why the entire OP of an anime you watched and I haven't watched is amazing? Don't make me do it Lawrence.
Mar 24, 2020 11:21 PM

Aug 2016
AlexanderHD said:
-Lawrence- said:
lol I forgot to mention the beginning of the opening of assassins pride I like not really the rest of it lmao

How dare you hype me up for the entire OP only to proclaim you dislike most of it. You should be ashamed of yourself. Off with your head. ⚔️

Am I really gonna have to fight you over why the entire OP of an anime you watched and I haven't watched is amazing? Don't make me do it Lawrence.

sworry... but tbh I might have a few other openings I really like (not part of) they just aren't coming to mind atm
Mar 24, 2020 11:22 PM
Jul 2018
Krul_Lurk said:
Noragami Aragoto OP

Clannad AS OP

Wow, Noragomi Aragoto's OP is pretty well done. Not that this is relevant, but the singer almost sounds like an American singing Japanese. Definitely an English twang to his vocals. Any who, good pick! I watched the first three episodes of that series last year, but the anime happens to be one of five that I actually dropped. 😂 Ahh.

As for Clannad, why has every user on MAL seen it but me? Very pretty vocals -- powerful chorus. I just don't know if I can bring myself to watch that anime! My masculinity would be on the line! Not that this is an anime recommendation forum. But I'll risk my reputation and say that, yeah, I can picture myself casually listening to this during my morning commute.

-Lawrence- said:
sworry... but tbh I might have a few other openings I really like (not part of) they just aren't coming to mind atm

Easy fam. Just make a blog post and archive your favorite OP's there! When the list is big enough, make a forum post or post some more here!

Clearly you've got a decent enough taste. I actually added "Assassin's Pride" 's OP to my top anime song list and now I feel compelled to watch the anime. So tHaNkS aLoT.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.

DeadlyRavenMar 28, 2020 3:57 AM
Mar 24, 2020 11:29 PM

Nov 2012

some non-joke answers (that have not already been given) this time—

onchyophoranMar 25, 2020 5:50 PM

last.fm / recent albums / twitter
Mar 24, 2020 11:30 PM
Oct 2018
Number one best OP no contest

also 'drivers high' from GTO

some other legendary OPs

and kinda weird one, but i goddam love it (the series is amazing too; 'Tsukikage Ran'. Very slept -on)

I swear I dont only watch old, 1995 to 2005 animes. That was just a goddam epic time for OPS.. but this is an epic OP thats waaaaay older. Science Ninja Team Gatchaman from 1972

Mod edit: Added spoilers to reduce loading time.

DeadlyRavenMar 28, 2020 3:45 AM
Mar 24, 2020 11:33 PM

Aug 2016
AlexanderHD said:
-Lawrence- said:

Easy fam. Just make a blog post and archive your favorite OP's there! When the list is big enough, make a forum post or post some more here!

Clearly you've got a decent enough taste. I actually added "Assassin's Pride" 's OP to my top anime song list and now I feel compelled to watch the anime. So tHaNkS aLoT.

Assassins Pride is a mediocre anime through and through one of its only redemeing qualities is the opening itself. If the last thing you did say wasn't sarcasm anyways GL watching it lol.
Mar 24, 2020 11:46 PM
Jul 2018
Tarotist said:
Oooh Anime OPs and EDs...Mind if I share some?

Yooo, I actually have another version of this thread in another location on MAL, and someone else recommended the "Macross Delta ED" OP! Actually, it was so good that I added it to my official list. I also went on a tangent about how much it sounds like the late-70's song "September" by EWF. The instrumental and that one part in the chorus.

Any who, thanks for the EXTREMELY comprehensive listing. You were even so kind as to mask them with spoilers and add a personal commentary for each.

I'd have to say, Muv-Luv and Knights of Sidonia were my favorite OP's from the list.

Wait, no... definitely the Carnival Phantasm one. I feel bad having not watched the series that the characters featured in this anime are from, though. Looks like I'll need to watch some Fate first. Dang, it WOULD be a crime to exclude this from a catchy OP list.

And you're right about endings. Most of them are more relaxed. Not necessarily upbeat or boppers but, yes, blissful on the ears nonetheless.

I gotta say, I feel guilty that you went all out in this thread. You should've started a forum of your own if you were gonna go this in-depth! Sharing my top songs WAS an attempt to get other recommendations though, so I thank you for your insight.

It was fun listening to all your songs while I vacuumed my house. It was a pain in the ass to make the playlist, though. But I really got into sweeping my rug when the Valvrave: The Liberator OP picked up. The one you exercise to lmao.

Thanks again Taro-chan.
Mar 25, 2020 12:01 AM

Mar 2016
oh boy another one of these threads. here's 95 that i've collected over the past few years

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOYsQi7moKWWIJE0dqYxUGAp-dNOTJ1h-
Aure0linMar 25, 2020 12:14 AM
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Mar 25, 2020 4:34 AM
Mar 2018
AlexanderHD said:
I'm still trying to find other catchy a$$ songs, though. Ones that really just... MPH. Hit a chord.

This one might not seem catchy to you in the first listen, but it gets stuck in your mind after a while. It's also my favorite anime op of all time

Also I'm surprised no one linked this
ccbestgirl1411Mar 25, 2020 4:38 AM
Mar 25, 2020 4:45 AM

Aug 2019
all fmab op/ed are bangers but i'd say again is more iconic, and probablt the most known and loved op from the whole franchise.

also literally any jojo op/ed. this also goes for monogatari.

the kekkai sensen ed was incredibly popular as well. the amount of remakes ive seen people do with different animes is insane.

even though no one watched it, everyone agrees the op to kokkoku is a BANGER

cowboy bebops tank is also infamous

keep your hands off eizouken will probably remain as best op for the rest of this year.

madoka magica ed scarred multiple people.

evangelion. both ed and op. ICONIC.

mob both visually and sound wise has catching openings.

2nd season of noragami

serial peppermints lain is unique

the tatami galaxy ending. one of if not my favourite

also this is personal but the way they changed the gakkou gurashi op every few episodes, fucking terrifying

DeadlyRavenMar 28, 2020 3:42 AM
Mar 25, 2020 4:56 AM
Jun 2019
Monster's OP represents its show really well
Mar 25, 2020 7:16 AM

Jun 2015
Anne of Green Gables would probably have the best opening

And Haibane Renmei probably has the best ED

DeadlyRavenMar 28, 2020 3:46 AM

💖 𝐼'𝓂 𝒽𝒶𝓎𝒹𝑒𝓃❣ 💖

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ 💝 𝒯𝓌𝒾𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 💝 𝒴𝑜𝓊𝒯𝓊𝒷𝑒 💝 ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆
💝 𝑀𝓎𝐹𝒾𝑔𝓊𝓇𝑒𝒞𝑜𝓁𝓁𝑒𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 💝
Mar 25, 2020 7:17 AM
Feb 2019
Bleach openings 3 and 5 as well as Jojo's 1'st opening
"Don't forget my name, Soul Reaper, and you better pray that you never hear it again! Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez...because the next time you hear my name, you'll be a dead man...I promise."
Mar 25, 2020 8:41 AM
Feb 2017
Hikari Are is a masterpiece of an opening. Stellar visuals and symbolism combined with an amazing song makes it one of the best.

Platinum Disco is also amazing for being one of the cutest and catchiest OPs ever.

Don't forget Attack on Titan OP 5. The perfect amount of hype and buildup in an OP, good representation of what the entire show was doing before the latest season.

DeadlyRavenMar 28, 2020 3:47 AM
Mar 25, 2020 8:43 AM

Jul 2016

I´ve been obsessed with this ed recently.
Mar 25, 2020 9:15 AM

Oct 2010
that one time when backstreet boys appeared randomly in OPs and EDs

but my take as the best ED is this, because it's rock

DeadlyRavenMar 28, 2020 3:48 AM
Mar 25, 2020 9:23 AM
Mar 2020
Lets be honest Silhouette of Naruto Shippuden is the op

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDDWf1vu9gA

Shambles69420Mar 25, 2020 9:28 AM
Mar 25, 2020 10:43 AM

May 2016
All of School Rumble

Mnemosyne's OP - Such a good op, and anything by Galneryus is a jam.

Asura Cryin's OP

Ergo Proxy's OP

B: The Beginning's ED - Probably one of my favorite anime op/eds of all time.

Sarazanmai's ED - Anything by The Peggies is amazing.

Seriously there are some really good responses in this thread, so many great jams.
Mar 25, 2020 1:04 PM
Sep 2018
Tarotist said:

NANA OP:

UUUUUUUH... Yeah, that ROCKED. I'm glad I checked back here. I need to watch this anime.
Mar 25, 2020 3:34 PM
May 2019
AlexanderHD said:

I watched the first three episodes of that series last year, but the anime happens to be one of five that I actually dropped. 😂 Ahh.

As for Clannad, why has every user on MAL seen it but me? Very pretty vocals -- powerful chorus. I just don't know if I can bring myself to watch that anime! My masculinity would be on the line! Not that this is an anime recommendation forum. But I'll risk my reputation and say that, yeah, I can picture myself casually listening to this during my morning commute.

Noragami is filled with flaws but the characters make it an enjoyable show. The MC alone carries most of the show, honestly.

Clannad was all over the place. Couldn't really avoid it. I don't recommend it at all, though. The soundtrack is the only good thing about it.

Didn't realize this was a thread about OP's AND ED's lol

For ED's I'll say Code Geass has some memorable ones.
Mar 27, 2020 1:16 AM

Oct 2019
My personal faves in no particular order:

- Both Noragami ops
- Kekkai Sensen ed 1
- Black Clover op 3
- Literally all of Attack on Titan except the ed from season 2 (that shit gave me goosebumps in the wrong way)
- Banana Fish ed 1
- Both Dororo eds
- Domestic Girlfriend op
- Durarara op 1
- Fire Force op 1

Honourable mentions:
- All Haikyuu ops
- Bnha op 2 and ed 6
- Fmab op 1
- Tokyo Ghoul op 1 (unravel hehe)
- Mahoutsukai no Yome op 1
Mar 28, 2020 3:58 AM

May 2009
Merged dupe thread.

Please make sure you add spoiler tags when you post embedded youtube videos.
Mar 28, 2020 8:34 AM

Jul 2019
favourite op is tokyo ghoul - unravel
cant remember my favourite ed probably soul eater (ed 4) - strength
Mar 28, 2020 8:41 AM

Jul 2017
These two might just be my favs. I get a good laugh out of them.

Yes. I'm aware of how superior my humour is.

AttackonfillerMar 28, 2020 8:44 AM

Mar 28, 2020 8:49 AM

Jul 2019
Attackonfiller said:

bro first one is really goood is that Aho girl op???????????????
Mar 28, 2020 8:51 AM

Jul 2017
HEDI_kun said:
Attackonfiller said:

bro first one is really goood is that Aho girl op???????????????

Yah. It is. The misspelling honestly bothers me more than it should lol

Mar 28, 2020 8:53 AM

Aug 2016
Lord El-Melloi Case Files (Starting the case: Rail Zeppelin) OP1

Shingeki no Kyojin [S3 P2] (T-KT) ED2
Mar 28, 2020 10:09 AM

Nov 2019
Fav op: Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator
Ed: Psycho pass ed1
Mar 28, 2020 10:15 AM

Feb 2019
Fav OPs
Domestic girlfriend OP - Kawaki wo ameku

Hanasaku iroha OP 2 - Omokage warp

Fav EDs
Kuzu no honkai ED - Heikosen

Gintama ED 17 - Samurai Heart

Mod edit: Spoilers added to reduce loading time.
DeadlyRavenMar 28, 2020 12:25 PM
Mar 28, 2020 10:17 AM
Jul 2017
Favourite opening : 3-gatsu no lion op3 --- Flag wo tatero
Favourite ending : I don't know between Magia from Madoka Magica or unity from Gosick
Mar 28, 2020 10:29 AM
Mar 28, 2020 10:34 AM

Aug 2019
Favorite OP:
One III Notes - Shadow and Truth [ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka]

Favorite ED:
Shimokawa Mikuni - Kimi ni Fuku Kaze [FMP Fumoffu]
Pages (66) « First ... « 56 57 [58] 59 60 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - 6 hours ago

15 by billybub »»
3 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime? ( 1 2 )

BuddhaIsBetter - Apr 19

73 by Abomination_suah »»
11 minutes ago

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - 8 hours ago

15 by juanlqr »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » How do you watch anime?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

27 by juanlqr »»
18 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

91 by LeonhartAugust »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.