Must be a Club Member to Reply
Joined: May 2009
* 1 (18.25 ounce) package vanilla flavored cake mix
* 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
* 4 eggs
* 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1 1/3 cups white sugar
* 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen raspberries, thawed
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1/2 cup kirschwasser
* 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
2. Prepare cake mix according to package instructions. Pour into 9x13 inch pan and set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, eggs, vanilla and 1 1/2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Carefully spread over cake batter.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Allow to cool.
4. To make raspberry topping: In the bowl of a food processor or blender, combine the raspberries, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/2 cup kirschwasser. process until pureed.
Joined: Jan 2009
But... from a mix?
make your base. i do not care what from. shortcake mix is brilliant [but needs prebaking].
mix 1kg of cream cheese, 5 eggs, 1/4 cup of flour, 200 grams caster sugar and vanilla essence together. Do not overmix, mix until everything is mixed with everything else. not more. [this will caus irregular consistency and cracking]
bake at a highish temperature for 15 minutes, before cooking it for 1 1/2 hours at 120 degrees celcius.
refrigerate after being cooked. get it out next day. yum. i think you can keep this for a week in the fridge.