Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 116 Discussion


Feb 11, 2014 12:31 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 1310
Holy shit, Gon has snapped.
 
Feb 11, 2014 12:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 1301
tsudecimo said:
Vanser said:



Salce said:
tsudecimo said:
Gon's character really doesn't make sense to me, at all. His rage, mentally un-stability and explosion of emotions in this episode left me baffled and puzzled. He feels like a different character all together or a bi-polar character. I can't gasp his thought process through this arc. Why is Kite that important to him? I never saw him rage that much regarding other people that are close to him. His fixation on Kite doesn't really make sense, unless I'm forgetting something regarding their relationship.

You know that Madhouse changed the backstory of Gon and Kite, right?

In this anime Gon's fixation on Kite seems like too much for sure. I recomend you read chapter 1 of the manga.

I heard about that, since there was a shit storm regarding that at the beginning of the Chimera ant arc but I wasn't watching at the time so I didn't know all the details regarding what Madhouse did.

Okay, I will read it.


Just watch episode 1 of 1999.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
 
Feb 11, 2014 12:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 3077
fishergirl16 said:

I do think that he was OOC, though. He's always the one to think positively, and always the first to forgive. None of that came through in this episode.


How was it OOC? This has been building up from the start. Remember when he confronted Nobunaga? It really gets to him how people care for certain ones but are cold toward others. Remember why he spared Genthru? Because Killua did a lot worse to people less prepared, so he'd be just like the Troupe if he actually considered him "bad", the sense of morality for Gon is twisted. He's not after what we consider right or wrong.

The whole series had been accumulating into this point, and now Gon's finally had it. He's always been foreshadowed to be crazy and dangerous in THIS way.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Feb 11, 2014 12:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 173
There are no "nyaa"s on Pitou's statements. Shit's getting serious here. Can't wait for next episode. I just can't hate Pitou and Meruem now. I couldn't breathe the whole episode. It just had too much suspense.
 
Feb 11, 2014 12:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 5061
Salce said:

You know that Madhouse changed the backstory of Gon and Kite, right?

In this anime Gon's fixation on Kite seems like too much for sure. I recomend you read chapter 1 of the manga.


I don't think they change anything, did they? I only remember they just put it at the beginning of the chimera ants arc instead of the beginning of the show. Anyway, Kite is the reason why Gon started his adventure. So even though, he barely knew him, he is a very important person for Gon.

Anyway, nice episode.
 
Feb 11, 2014 12:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 811
miskos3 said:
Hmm? I thought they showed it at the start of the Chimera Ant arc. I do remember Kite saving little Gon and I didn't read the manga.


Yea, they showed that at the beginning of the Chimera Ant Arc, but I think the impact of him would have been bigger if they also showed him in the first episode. Kite seems like a pretty forgettable character if you only watch the anime version. But that's just my opinion.
 
Feb 11, 2014 12:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 318

Kite said Gon about Gin and the hunter World. Madhouse change a little the history but The manga shows their relationship better
Modified by cronosteso23, Feb 11, 2014 12:40 PM
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
 
Feb 11, 2014 12:37 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 202
Vanser said:
miskos3 said:
Hmm? I thought they showed it at the start of the Chimera Ant arc. I do remember Kite saving little Gon and I didn't read the manga.


Yea, they showed that at the beginning of the Chimera Ant Arc, but I think the impact of him would have been bigger if they also showed him in the first episode. Kite seems like a pretty forgettable character if you only watch the anime version. But that's just my opinion.
I see. Well, even this way, I didn't find Gon's reactions forced, not only he practically knew him since his childhood, Kite is basically the only link to his dad.
 
Feb 11, 2014 12:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 24367
fishergirl16 said:
tsudecimo said:

Gon's character really doesn't make sense to me, at all. His rage, mentally un-stability and explosion of emotions in this episode left me baffled and puzzled. He feels like a different character all together or a bi-polar character. I can't gasp his thought process through this arc. Why is Kite that important to him? I never saw him rage that much regarding other people that are close to him. His fixation on Kite doesn't really make sense, unless I'm forgetting something regarding their relationship.

I totally understand what you're saying. I felt the same way for the episode as well. However, if you go back and watch the episode where Kaito was captured, it actually is pretty intense. Imo, the most intense scene beneath this week's episode. And in the previous episodes, there's a lot of foreshadowing that Gon is going to be really upset while fighting Pitou.

I also think it has a lot to do with Kaito's relationship to Gon's father. The fact that Gon finally met someone who knew a lot about Ging... It's really important to him.

I do think that he was OOC, though. He's always the one to think positively, and always the first to forgive. None of that came through in this episode.

You can't deny that it was really well done, though. ;)

Yeah I remember that episode, it was one of the only two episodes that I gave 5/5 during this arc, it was pretty intense. Yeah there is, and it was shown a lot and I already expected his rage regarding Pitou since it's shown in the OP but I never seen Gon that mentally unstable and emotional since ever.

Exactly, he is always positive and usually he would care about the safety of people like Komugi but he disregarded all that and kept his focus on Pitou only. I also don't remember him speaking to Killua like that, he basically only care for the Pitou and Kite situation. His old fun nature/innocence, positive traits and ideals seem to be temporally absent in his mind. I always thought of Gon as a fucked up individual for many reasons but he surprised me a little bit in this episodes.

The scene in itself was great but Gon's different personality and fixation on Kite is what puzzles me, it seems completely different from his old determination and stubbornness to achieve what he wants.
 
Feb 11, 2014 12:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2334
Man this episode was so fucking intense. I was about to fall off my chair in anticipation of Gon snapping and hitting Pitou. Amazing character development this episode for sure. The previews look pretty epic with Knuckle running away Youpi and how he looks gigantic from his perspective. I can't wait to see Morel dish it out also, I wish next week would come sooner ~
 
Feb 11, 2014 12:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 2047
Awesome episode, Gon looked completely out of it.
 
Feb 11, 2014 12:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 5061
Vanser said:
miskos3 said:
Hmm? I thought they showed it at the start of the Chimera Ant arc. I do remember Kite saving little Gon and I didn't read the manga.


Yea, they showed that at the beginning of the Chimera Ant Arc, but I think the impact of him would have been bigger if they also showed him in the first episode. Kite seems like a pretty forgettable character if you only watch the anime version. But that's just my opinion.


I think he was a forgettable character even in the manga. I didn't really care about his death, I was more touched by Pakunoda's and Uvogin's death for example.
 
Feb 11, 2014 12:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 318

@tsudecimo
Gon development, remember the scene of Gon face in episode 111. or when he knows Meleoron. "if you lie to me I will kill you"
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
 
Feb 11, 2014 12:45 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 615
I don't see why people think this was out of character for Gon. He's always had a screw loose. I mean he got his windpipe smashed and arm blown off just so he could hit a guy... ONCE.
 
Feb 11, 2014 12:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 300
In the manga Kite gave Ging's licence to Gon in the past. And he was the one who told him that his father was a hunter. He didn't knew anything about his father until that point.

In the anime they never showed the complete flashback of Gon past.
Gon didn't even remember Kite at first when he appeared at the begining of Chimera Ant arc.

Instead, in the manga Gon mentions Kite in the Hunter exam and Yorknew arc.
 
Feb 11, 2014 12:46 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 2559
What is this? I was scared of the main protagonist and feeling sorry for the villain?

Seriously last episode was shit, but it's all forgiven with this episode, really freaking awesome episode, Gon expression were very well portrayed, Pitou corned was very interesting, and Killua leaving was unexpected.
 
Feb 11, 2014 12:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 1593
tsudecimo said:
Great episode, hadn't watched a good one since episode 108. 4/5. Killua was too perceptive again in this episode, it felt forced. But his calm demeanor through all these crazy unforeseen situations is interesting to see. He feels a bit conflicted about Gon and sincerely worried and/or he is probably have the leaving Gon thing on his mind, he seems somewhat absent minded considering the stuff that are happening around him.

Gon's character really doesn't make sense to me, at all. His rage, mentally un-stability and explosion of emotions in this episode left me baffled and puzzled. He feels like a different character all together or a bi-polar character. I can't gasp his thought process through this arc. Why is Kite that important to him? I never saw him rage that much regarding other people that are close to him. His fixation on Kite doesn't really make sense, unless I'm forgetting something regarding their relationship.

Not gonna raise my expectations but I hope the show keeps getting better from here.


Vanser said:


And how many episodes till the end of this arc?

No you're not forgetting anything, Kite should be as important for Gon as he is for Killua, his rage didn't make any sense at all. And that's why I never hated a character so much like I did when I read that scene in the manga.
 
Feb 11, 2014 12:47 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 11
I don't really understand why Pitou doesn't stop healing Komugi for a bit, kills Gon and Killua, and resumes healing Komugi. It surely wouldn't take more than a fraction of a second for her to kill two weaklings.
 
Feb 11, 2014 12:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 7475
tsudecimo said:
fishergirl16 said:
tsudecimo said:

Gon's character really doesn't make sense to me, at all. His rage, mentally un-stability and explosion of emotions in this episode left me baffled and puzzled. He feels like a different character all together or a bi-polar character. I can't gasp his thought process through this arc. Why is Kite that important to him? I never saw him rage that much regarding other people that are close to him. His fixation on Kite doesn't really make sense, unless I'm forgetting something regarding their relationship.

I totally understand what you're saying. I felt the same way for the episode as well. However, if you go back and watch the episode where Kaito was captured, it actually is pretty intense. Imo, the most intense scene beneath this week's episode. And in the previous episodes, there's a lot of foreshadowing that Gon is going to be really upset while fighting Pitou.

I also think it has a lot to do with Kaito's relationship to Gon's father. The fact that Gon finally met someone who knew a lot about Ging... It's really important to him.

I do think that he was OOC, though. He's always the one to think positively, and always the first to forgive. None of that came through in this episode.

You can't deny that it was really well done, though. ;)

Yeah I remember that episode, it was one of the only two episodes that I gave 5/5 during this arc, it was pretty intense. Yeah there is, and it was shown a lot and I already expected his rage regarding Pitou since it's shown in the OP but I never seen Gon that mentally unstable and emotional since ever.

Exactly, he is always positive and usually he would care about the safety of people like Komugi but he disregarded all that and kept his focus on Pitou only. I also don't remember him speaking to Killua like that, he basically only care for the Pitou and Kite situation. His old fun nature/innocence, positive traits and ideals seem to be temporally absent in his mind. I always thought of Gon as a fucked up individual for many reasons but he surprised me a little bit in this episodes.

The scene in itself was great but Gon's different personality and fixation on Kite is what puzzles me, it seems completely different from his old determination and stubbornness to achieve what he wants.


well you probably shouldn't expect him to act rational at a point in which his rage peaks like never before. Of all the Hunters so far, Gon is the only one whose thoughts we haven't heard at one point. His reaction was a culmination of all the anger he's felt up till now plus the frustration that the object of his rage is actually helping someone for a change, he can't release his rage as he initially planned to do. It makes sense that he would act up (well, more so in the manga for reasons already mentioned).
 
Feb 11, 2014 12:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 64
I kinda hate this dragging out so much but it is more Hunter x Hunter. The next episode looks pretty cool. I'll give it another 6 episodes until Netero and the King will fight
 
Feb 11, 2014 12:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 7475
pkKodama said:
tsudecimo said:
Great episode, hadn't watched a good one since episode 108. 4/5. Killua was too perceptive again in this episode, it felt forced. But his calm demeanor through all these crazy unforeseen situations is interesting to see. He feels a bit conflicted about Gon and sincerely worried and/or he is probably have the leaving Gon thing on his mind, he seems somewhat absent minded considering the stuff that are happening around him.

Gon's character really doesn't make sense to me, at all. His rage, mentally un-stability and explosion of emotions in this episode left me baffled and puzzled. He feels like a different character all together or a bi-polar character. I can't gasp his thought process through this arc. Why is Kite that important to him? I never saw him rage that much regarding other people that are close to him. His fixation on Kite doesn't really make sense, unless I'm forgetting something regarding their relationship.

Not gonna raise my expectations but I hope the show keeps getting better from here.


Vanser said:


And how many episodes till the end of this arc?

No you're not forgetting anything, Kite should be as important for Gon as he is for Killua, his rage didn't make any sense at all. And that's why I never hated a character so much like I did when I read that scene in the manga.


why?
 
Feb 11, 2014 12:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 3697
Are they also gonna animate
I mean if they didn't animate that they'll just have the ending where


Well the pacing is really really really slow so I bet it'll last for another 2 or 3 seasons.
 
Feb 11, 2014 12:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 1593
gedata said:
pkKodama said:
tsudecimo said:
Great episode, hadn't watched a good one since episode 108. 4/5. Killua was too perceptive again in this episode, it felt forced. But his calm demeanor through all these crazy unforeseen situations is interesting to see. He feels a bit conflicted about Gon and sincerely worried and/or he is probably have the leaving Gon thing on his mind, he seems somewhat absent minded considering the stuff that are happening around him.

Gon's character really doesn't make sense to me, at all. His rage, mentally un-stability and explosion of emotions in this episode left me baffled and puzzled. He feels like a different character all together or a bi-polar character. I can't gasp his thought process through this arc. Why is Kite that important to him? I never saw him rage that much regarding other people that are close to him. His fixation on Kite doesn't really make sense, unless I'm forgetting something regarding their relationship.

Not gonna raise my expectations but I hope the show keeps getting better from here.


Vanser said:


And how many episodes till the end of this arc?

No you're not forgetting anything, Kite should be as important for Gon as he is for Killua, his rage didn't make any sense at all. And that's why I never hated a character so much like I did when I read that scene in the manga.


why?

They spent roughly the same time togheter. So, Kite saved Gon years ago? So what? He didn't even remember that. That's just how important that memory was for him...-.-
 
Feb 11, 2014 12:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 5061
desiderius32 said:
I don't really understand why Pitou doesn't stop healing Komugi for a bit, kills Gon and Killua, and resumes healing Komugi. It surely wouldn't take more than a fraction of a second for her to kill two weaklings.

Maybe he felt that Gon's aura was too strong and he sensed he couldn't win easily against them... But that's probably not that, considering how Togashi love those kind of overanalysis, if Pitou really thought that, he would have included through a monologue or the narrator.

So, it's probably because Pitou was in no state to think properly at this moment.
 
Feb 11, 2014 12:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 3653
I find it brilliant how Pitou who had that malevolent aura...how Togashi made you feel sorry for her and be afraid of the main guy who you're rooting for
and I'm glad they played the same track when Pitou cut Kite's hand
 
Feb 11, 2014 12:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 996
pkKodama said:
gedata said:
pkKodama said:
tsudecimo said:
Great episode, hadn't watched a good one since episode 108. 4/5. Killua was too perceptive again in this episode, it felt forced. But his calm demeanor through all these crazy unforeseen situations is interesting to see. He feels a bit conflicted about Gon and sincerely worried and/or he is probably have the leaving Gon thing on his mind, he seems somewhat absent minded considering the stuff that are happening around him.

Gon's character really doesn't make sense to me, at all. His rage, mentally un-stability and explosion of emotions in this episode left me baffled and puzzled. He feels like a different character all together or a bi-polar character. I can't gasp his thought process through this arc. Why is Kite that important to him? I never saw him rage that much regarding other people that are close to him. His fixation on Kite doesn't really make sense, unless I'm forgetting something regarding their relationship.

Not gonna raise my expectations but I hope the show keeps getting better from here.


Vanser said:


And how many episodes till the end of this arc?

No you're not forgetting anything, Kite should be as important for Gon as he is for Killua, his rage didn't make any sense at all. And that's why I never hated a character so much like I did when I read that scene in the manga.


why?

They spent roughly the same time togheter. So, Kite saved Gon years ago? So what? He didn't even remember that. That's just how important that memory was for him...-.-


In the mangas he remenber.
 
Feb 11, 2014 12:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 8137
Thread cleaned

Off topic conversation and single phrase comments removed.
This topic is about HxH (2011) episode 116 please stay on subject and don't talk about future events.
Talking about which sub or good or not is against the board rules of the series discussion board and all such conversations will be removed.
And don't post in this thread before you have seen the episode.
 
Feb 11, 2014 1:00 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 796
Gon mothafucking FREAKS thats my son right there!!!

I knew that this episode was going to be good but holy shit this was amazing!! I had snacks and drinks ready but I haven't touched anything. This was such a intense episode, I couldn't take my eyes off the screen.

Gon was never a person that forgives people, he didn't forgive the 3 fighters that used Zushi back in Heavens arena, he didn't forgive the spiders and Genthru was begging Gon not to hit him with the jajanken at the end but Gon gives no fuck. It makes sense that he wouldn't care about Pitou or Komugi (a friend of the enemy). Had Killua not been in the room then Gon would have killed Pitou and indirectly Komugi.

They made up for the 115 mistake with this episode, animation was beautiful but what really impressed me was the use of OST which was on point. Gon's VA and Pitou's did a amazing job.

In short, this was one of the best episodes of HxH.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
 
Feb 11, 2014 1:01 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 19
desiderius32 said:
I don't really understand why Pitou doesn't stop healing Komugi for a bit, kills Gon and Killua, and resumes healing Komugi. It surely wouldn't take more than a fraction of a second for her to kill two weaklings.


He/she did not want to put Komugi any second in risk and there's no way for he/she not know how strong were them or if there were more enemies around, etc. And there's the mental breakdown as well... Gon did not look to him as a weakling and Gon did not see himself as a weakling in that moment too.
 
Feb 11, 2014 1:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 4810
Wow, that ED song killed the mood of the episode for me.
Still was a good one nonetheless.
 
Feb 11, 2014 1:03 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 7106
Although there wasn't any action this episode, I gotta say that was a really good episode. Now Gon's gotta wait an hour for Pitou to heal her. What happened to Killua at the end, he just went up and left?
 
Feb 11, 2014 1:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 376
Oh my god. That was amazing.. awesome.. literally breathtaking xD

renders said:
I find it brilliant how Pitou who had that malevolent aura...how Togashi made you feel sorry for her and be afraid of the main guy who you're rooting for

This!!

I feel so sorry for Killua, I almost cried when he left in the end ;_;
This show is just getting better and better.. I can't wait for the next ep
"If we can go to the moon, then why are umbrellas still umbrellas?"

„Das ist wie mit diesen Lichtern am Himmel... von hier unten sehen sie alle gleich aus, aber das macht den einzelnen Stern kein bisschen weniger schön.“
 
Feb 11, 2014 1:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 1593
Guilek said:
pkKodama said:
gedata said:
pkKodama said:
tsudecimo said:
Great episode, hadn't watched a good one since episode 108. 4/5. Killua was too perceptive again in this episode, it felt forced. But his calm demeanor through all these crazy unforeseen situations is interesting to see. He feels a bit conflicted about Gon and sincerely worried and/or he is probably have the leaving Gon thing on his mind, he seems somewhat absent minded considering the stuff that are happening around him.

Gon's character really doesn't make sense to me, at all. His rage, mentally un-stability and explosion of emotions in this episode left me baffled and puzzled. He feels like a different character all together or a bi-polar character. I can't gasp his thought process through this arc. Why is Kite that important to him? I never saw him rage that much regarding other people that are close to him. His fixation on Kite doesn't really make sense, unless I'm forgetting something regarding their relationship.

Not gonna raise my expectations but I hope the show keeps getting better from here.


Vanser said:


And how many episodes till the end of this arc?

No you're not forgetting anything, Kite should be as important for Gon as he is for Killua, his rage didn't make any sense at all. And that's why I never hated a character so much like I did when I read that scene in the manga.


why?

They spent roughly the same time togheter. So, Kite saved Gon years ago? So what? He didn't even remember that. That's just how important that memory was for him...-.-


In the mangas he remenber.

It takes some time for him to remember, it's not like he was keeping that memory dearly, and if he did, that wouldn't be enough reason. His behavior towards Kite was the same as Killue when they were togheter. And that doesn't justify sacrificing a girl(Komugi).
 
Feb 11, 2014 1:05 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 6
This episode was bloody intense. I literally didnt move and was holding my breath.
Killua being sad, just broke my heart. Did he feel unwanted and just walk away? :(
Also when Gon was firing up the ball, there were strings of red aura around him ? Was it aura because doesnt that imply sort of malice and danger since that kind has only been seen around the royal guards or am I just over analyzing it and they weren't actually aura.
 
Feb 11, 2014 1:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 318
@pkKodama AS I SAID Mahouse changes slightly the history.
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
 
Feb 11, 2014 1:11 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 615
Well Gon sees Kaito as someone very close to Ging who is someone Gon admires (Even if Ging is kind of an ass). This is why he is so pissed at Pitou for taking someone like that away from him. To me it makes perfect sense as is and why he's pissed off at Killua cause Killua isn't able to feel something like that even though he spent a lot of time with Kaito too.

Obviously the manga is better, but the anime is fine too.
 
Feb 11, 2014 1:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 996
He was too busy learning japanese...... :p

Gon isn't logic, he isn't totaly good, he is a human with rage.
Gon doesn't need good reasons he will do what he want and what is right for him.
 
Feb 11, 2014 1:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 1301
Just read the section in the manga when Gon meets Kite in the CA arc, can definitely confirm that Gon remembers Kite right away.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
 
Feb 11, 2014 1:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 1593
Guilek said:
He was too busy learning japanese...... :p

Gon isn't logic, he isn't totaly good, he is a human with rage.
Gon doesn't need good reasons he will do what he want and what is right for him.

What kind of stupid argument is that? Anyway, Gon can do whatever he wants as long as his childish actions aren't hurting others.
 
Feb 11, 2014 1:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 4882
This episode just flew by. That was intense. I would've never thought it was possible for Pitou to be so humble. Gon's rage was scary! If Pitou renigs on their deal and attacks after he/she is done healing Komugi, I don't think he/she will be able to successfully defeat Gon in his present state of mind.

To bad I didn't write this. I would've killed Pitou and caused Komugi's death. Then, the King would be so distraught over losing his love that he would commit seppuku. Thus ending the battle and the Hunters would emerge victorious. *closing credits roll*

Sent with Mal Updater
 
Feb 11, 2014 1:22 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 5596
The first episode of the 1999 version did a great job in introducing Kite that he remained in my memory from the moment I saw the series 12-13 years ago until this version started. But the first chapter of the manga did show that Kite is the reason Gon went on his adventure, and they spent a good time together owning the ants before Kite dying.

Anyway a great episode. Madhouse went all out on this one. From the moment Pitou's nen ability blinked to the anti-climatic ED, this was a really well-done episode.
 
Feb 11, 2014 1:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 811
Does anybody know the song they used when Pitou broke his own arm? I don't remember hearing this one before, is it from the Last Mission OST?
 
Feb 11, 2014 1:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 7475
pkKodama said:
Guilek said:
He was too busy learning japanese...... :p

Gon isn't logic, he isn't totaly good, he is a human with rage.
Gon doesn't need good reasons he will do what he want and what is right for him.

What kind of stupid argument is that? Anyway, Gon can do whatever he wants as long as his childish actions aren't hurting others.

I don't think he would've actually hurt Komugi. Probably just his rage talking without rational thought behind it. Killing an innocent person? Gon? You shouldn't expect such character derailment out of this series.
 
Feb 11, 2014 1:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 3077
I had a discussion with someone about why Hunter x Hunter is different from the other shonen. THIS episode is why.

All of the build up, all the foreshadowing; Satotz, Wing, Zepile, Kurapika, Nobunaga, Chrollo, Biscuit, Genthru, and everyone else Gon had met up to that point, All of the build up accumulating scene after scene. Gon constantly changing from the kid who was innocent while discovering how messed up the world around him is.

Gon always hated the idea of cold-blooded killers actually feeling emotions for certain loved ones. His anger toward Nobunaga, him sparing Genthru and his buddies. He's not concerned that they are soulless killers, but he's mad that they think they are entitled to protect people while they themselves kill others.

Killua's protective nature toward Gon would totally piss off Gon, if Killua were still an assassin.
When Killua almost lost it being held by Nobunaga, it was Gon who knocked some sense into him telling him it's he who should stop Gon from doing anything rash. And now he is. Despite Gon telling him off (I loved how the camera pans out, putting distance between them when Gon told Killua to zip it). Gon was angry and Pitou's submissive attitude totally caught him off guard. He kept trying to lash out hoping Pitou would throw something at him so he can keep going, to no avail. Gon came in filled with rage but Pitou rendered him defenseless, ironically so, since he's the one not using any aura. This subtle character development is what makes this story divisive.


The direction of this episode was outstanding. Every scene, every shot and facial expression. The MUSIC. So many new tracks were used, and fittingly so. I especially loved the first half's score. Great job for Tomoko Mori's team. She should be hired more often.
Megumi Han deserves an award for her talent. It really brought the emotion to life. Her screams really touched me.



This is what I felt a few months back watching To'hajillee and Ozymandias. Now an ANIME, made me feel that way.

One thing I don't understand, or not sure if it's supposed to mean something: after Killua left, what's that piece of cloth blown in the air? Is it significant or does it just imply that Killua left?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Feb 11, 2014 1:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 73
Vanser said:
Does anybody know the song they used when Pitou broke his own arm? I don't remember hearing this one before, is it from the Last Mission OST?


I think it's this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq2yL8LuWdQ
 
Feb 11, 2014 1:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 318
judals said:
I had a discussion with someone about why Hunter x Hunter is different from the other shonen. THIS episode is why.

All of the build up, all the foreshadowing; Satotz, Wing, Zepile, Kurapika, Nobunaga, Chrollo, Biscuit, Genthru, and everyone else Gon had met up to that point, Gon constantly changing from the kid who was innocent while discovering how messed up the world around him is.

Gon always hated the idea of cold-blooded killers actually feeling emotions for certain loved ones. His anger toward Nobunaga, him sparing Genthru and his buddies. He's not concerned that they are soulless killers, but he's mad that they think they are entitled to protect people while they themselves kill others.

Killua's protective nature toward Gon would totally piss off Gon, if Killua were still an assassin.
When Killua almost lost it being held by Nobunaga, it was Gon who knocked some sense into him telling him it's he who should stop Gon from doing anything rash. And now he is. Despite Gon telling him off (I loved how the camera pans out, putting distance between them when Gon told Killua to zip it). Gon was angry and Pitou's submissive attitude totally caught him off guard. He kept trying to lash out hoping Pitou would throw something at him so he can keep going, to no avail. Gon came in filled with rage but Pitou rendered him defenseless, ironically so, since he's the one not using any aura. This subtle character development is what makes this story divisive.


The direction of this episode was outstanding. Every scene, every shot and facial expression. The MUSIC. So many new tracks were used, and fittingly so. I especially loved the first half's score. Great job for Tomoko Mori's team. She should be hired more often.
Megumi Han deserves an award for her talent. It really brought the emotion to life. Her screams really touched me.



This is what I felt a few months back watching To'hajillee and Ozymandias. Now an ANIME, made me feel that way.

One thing I don't understand, or not sure if it's supposed to mean something: after Killua left, what's that piece of cloth blown in the air? Is it significant or does it just imply that Killua left?


@judals, truth.
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
 
Feb 11, 2014 1:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 811
Pariston_Hill said:
Vanser said:
Does anybody know the song they used when Pitou broke his own arm? I don't remember hearing this one before, is it from the Last Mission OST?


I think it's this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq2yL8LuWdQ


Thank you so much. :)
 
Feb 11, 2014 1:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 2
Gon's more than just a little pissed off... =O
 
Feb 11, 2014 1:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 803
Fucking awesome episode, so tense, them emotions, gon fucking crazy, killua takes a mental punch.
Holy fuck.

Almost as good as an actual fight.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXwerVFCY-50PTBnedey1PQ
 
Feb 11, 2014 1:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 1593
gedata said:
pkKodama said:
Guilek said:
He was too busy learning japanese...... :p

Gon isn't logic, he isn't totaly good, he is a human with rage.
Gon doesn't need good reasons he will do what he want and what is right for him.

What kind of stupid argument is that? Anyway, Gon can do whatever he wants as long as his childish actions aren't hurting others.

I don't think he would've actually hurt Komugi. Probably just his rage talking without rational thought behind it. Killing an innocent person? Gon? You shouldn't expect such character derailment out of this series.

Killing Pitou means killing Komugi at this point.
 
Top
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

Preview MangaManga Store