Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 116 Discussion

Feb 11, 2014 1:31 PM

Vanser said:
Pariston_Hill said:
Vanser said:
Does anybody know the song they used when Pitou broke his own arm? I don't remember hearing this one before, is it from the Last Mission OST?

I think it's this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq2yL8LuWdQ

Thank you so much. :)

Pretty awesome when you don't have to wait for new OST.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 11, 2014 1:32 PM

Feb 11, 2014 1:35 PM

Meleoron: Words like "I promise" are the ones used most by liars.

Gon: But that'll make things easier, I'll just kill you.

I'm going crazy over this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 11, 2014 1:37 PM
episode got me feeling bad for pitou, Gon looks like a tank now. next week should be just as good

Feb 11, 2014 1:38 PM
Another amazing episode. Poor Killua...

Feb 11, 2014 1:38 PM

3 and a half minute recap, what is this? SNK?

Good episode regardless.

Feb 11, 2014 1:40 PM

Feb 11, 2014 1:40 PM

RagingMan said:

Good episode regardless.

you mean One Piece? xD jk.

Feb 11, 2014 1:41 PM

AzureFlame24 said:
RagingMan said:

Good episode regardless.

you mean One Piece? xD jk.

That too, felt it was unnecesary to mention both.

Feb 11, 2014 1:42 PM
pkKodama said:
gedata said:
pkKodama said:
tsudecimo said:
Great episode, hadn't watched a good one since episode 108. 4/5. Killua was too perceptive again in this episode, it felt forced. But his calm demeanor through all these crazy unforeseen situations is interesting to see. He feels a bit conflicted about Gon and sincerely worried and/or he is probably have the leaving Gon thing on his mind, he seems somewhat absent minded considering the stuff that are happening around him.

Gon's character really doesn't make sense to me, at all. His rage, mentally un-stability and explosion of emotions in this episode left me baffled and puzzled. He feels like a different character all together or a bi-polar character. I can't gasp his thought process through this arc. Why is Kite that important to him? I never saw him rage that much regarding other people that are close to him. His fixation on Kite doesn't really make sense, unless I'm forgetting something regarding their relationship.

Not gonna raise my expectations but I hope the show keeps getting better from here.

Vanser said:

And how many episodes till the end of this arc?

No you're not forgetting anything, Kite should be as important for Gon as he is for Killua, his rage didn't make any sense at all. And that's why I never hated a character so much like I did when I read that scene in the manga.

why?

They spent roughly the same time togheter. So, Kite saved Gon years ago? So what? He didn't even remember that. That's just how important that memory was for him...-.-

I think there's also another factor which help explain gon's extreme behaviour: guilt.
He is also angry at himself because, in his opinion, what happened to Kite is his fault, Kite lost an arm at the start because of him (and killua). They were no help at all, to the contrary.

Feb 11, 2014 1:44 PM

As for the 3-minute recap. I think they wanted to end the episode at that part specifically, since Gon's scene felt over for now, next week would move to the other characters.

And I don't really mind as long as the actual content is like this.

kaikyaku said:
I think there's also another factor which help explain gon's extreme behaviour: guilt.
He is also angry at himself because, in his opinion, what happened to Kite is his fault, Kite lost an arm at the start because of him (and killua). They were no help at all, to the contrary.

OR time doesn't determine friendship. If you don't think that's how real life works, then they at least established this sort of magic earlier this arc.
Modified by Grunbeld, Feb 11, 2014 1:47 PM

Feb 11, 2014 1:47 PM

Gon is the type of character that is one or two emotionally scarring events away from becoming an over-powered insane arch-villain.

Feb 11, 2014 1:58 PM

What an AMAZING episode just wouah !!!!

Feb 11, 2014 1:58 PM

pkKodama said:
gedata said:
pkKodama said:
Guilek said:
He was too busy learning japanese...... :p

Gon isn't logic, he isn't totaly good, he is a human with rage.
Gon doesn't need good reasons he will do what he want and what is right for him.

What kind of stupid argument is that? Anyway, Gon can do whatever he wants as long as his childish actions aren't hurting others.

I don't think he would've actually hurt Komugi. Probably just his rage talking without rational thought behind it. Killing an innocent person? Gon? You shouldn't expect such character derailment out of this series.

Killing Pitou means killing Komugi at this point.

Yeah that the part that makes Gon out of character. He is selfish and has fucked up morals that was already established but he doesn't let his selfish actions hurt others indirectly.

I said it doesn't makes sense because I don't think Kite is a good/believable enough of a reason for the direction Gon's character development took. Nothing in the series explains why Gon think that highly of Kite, enough for him to be this crazy and obsessed about it. Gon's change is drastic and usually that sort of change happens for a reason bigger than Gon's right now, I just don't find it believable due to that.

Feb 11, 2014 2:01 PM

tsudecimo said:
pkKodama said:
gedata said:
pkKodama said:
Guilek said:

Gon doesn't need good reasons he will do what he want and what is right for him.

What kind of stupid argument is that? Anyway, Gon can do whatever he wants as long as his childish actions aren't hurting others.

I don't think he would've actually hurt Komugi. Probably just his rage talking without rational thought behind it. Killing an innocent person? Gon? You shouldn't expect such character derailment out of this series.

Yeah that the part that makes Gon out of character. He is selfish and has fucked up morals that was already established but he doesn't let his selfish actions hurt others indirectly.

I said it doesn't makes sense because I don't think Kite is a good/believable enough of a reason for the direction Gon's character development took. Nothing in the series explains why Gon think that highly of Kite, enough for him to be this crazy and obsessed about it. Gon's change is drastic and usually that sort of change happens for a reason bigger than Gon's right now, I just don't find it believable due to that.

Didnt Kite save Gon's life early on in the series?

Feb 11, 2014 2:01 PM

TheTsunami said:
Gon is the type of character that is one or two emotionally scarring events away from becoming an over-powered insane arch-villain.

Imagine Meruem suddenly being the MC and Gon is the villain.

Feb 11, 2014 2:08 PM
How is the song that plays at 10:15(Neferpitou asks Gon to wait and he rages like dam.)called?

Feb 11, 2014 2:14 PM
Mahone7 said:
tsudecimo said:
pkKodama said:
gedata said:
pkKodama said:
Guilek said:

And to add to that, Kaito is connected to hs father Ging which also means a lot to Gon.

Also about Gon's rage never potentially hurting someone indirectly, I disagree. What if Nobunaga wasn't nice enough when Gon raged at him back at Yorkshin. He and Killua could have been killed.
Modified by MCAL, Feb 11, 2014 2:20 PM

Feb 11, 2014 2:15 PM

Seriously, at this pace there'll be no space for the last arc >.>

Feb 11, 2014 2:17 PM

My favorite part of this arc is still in the next episode... demmit...

Feb 11, 2014 2:18 PM

Mahone7 said:
tsudecimo said:
pkKodama said:
gedata said:
pkKodama said:
Guilek said:

Yeah but Gon doesn't seem to remember that or express that it was an important part/event in his life. I don't think the fact that he saved his life makes him that important. He is showing a rage that is more befitting for someone that lost a very significant thing in his life, that made me him do a 180 turn.

Feb 11, 2014 2:18 PM
BEST EPISODE I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE !!!!!!!!

Feb 11, 2014 2:19 PM

That episode was really intense, loved it though 10.5/10. Still, I did actually feel a bit sorry for Pitou for a moment. Gon's rage gave me the chills :3
"As you can see, being in a group brings no advantages to the individual. Thus, I choose to be the bear, a beast that refuses to form groups with others. It’s an animal of isolation that’s not at all worried about its solitary lifestyle. Let’s not forget that bears get to hibernate as well. Oh, what a wonderful existence. If I’m ever reincarnated, I most certainly would like to be reborn as a bear."

Feb 11, 2014 2:21 PM

MCAL said:
Mahone7 said:
tsudecimo said:
pkKodama said:
gedata said:
pkKodama said:
Guilek said:

And to add to that, Kaito is connected to hs father Ging which also means a lot to Gon.

Also about Gon's rage never potentially hurting someone indirectly, I disagree. What if Nobunaga wasn't nice enough when Gon raged at him back at Yorkshin.

He almost got Zebro killed when he tried to climb the Zoldyck walls, he risked killua's life and all of them when he challenged Bomber to a fight, declaring his name, while Killua was still injured.

Feb 11, 2014 2:22 PM

I love pitou..

Feb 11, 2014 2:24 PM
judals said:
MCAL said:
Mahone7 said:
tsudecimo said:
pkKodama said:
gedata said:
pkKodama said:
Guilek said:

I got another one. What about when Pitou first attacked. Gon was about to go ballistic on him had Killua not stopped him.

Also about Gon's rage never potentially hurting someone indirectly, I disagree. What if Nobunaga wasn't nice enough when Gon raged at him back at Yorkshin.

He almost got Zebro killed when he tried to climb the Zoldyck walls, he risked killua's life and all of them when he challenged Bomber to a fight, declaring his name, while Killua was still injured.
I got another one. What about when Pitou first attacked. Gon was about to go ballistic on him had Killua not stopped him.

Feb 11, 2014 2:24 PM

judals said:
MCAL said:
Mahone7 said:
tsudecimo said:
pkKodama said:
gedata said:
pkKodama said:
Guilek said:

Can we end all of this with the conclusion that Gon is simply stupid? ^_^

Feb 11, 2014 2:25 PM

MCAL, I think you messed up the quote, it doesn't say anything.

Mad Wizard, far from it.

Feb 11, 2014 2:28 PM

Sorry for that. ^_^

I still think Gon is stupid though...

being a MC of shounen series and all that. (¬‿¬)

Feb 11, 2014 2:30 PM

MCAL said:

]And to add to that, Kaito is connected to hs father Ging which also means a lot to Gon.

Also about Gon's rage never potentially hurting someone indirectly, I disagree. What if Nobunaga wasn't nice enough when Gon raged at him back at Yorkshin. He and Killua could have been killed.

Good enough reason for his current state of mind? I would expect this kind of turn if Killua/Kurapika/Lerio/maybe even Biscuit if we stretch it, were harmed/killed. But someone who he met briefly that is connected to his father? I'm not saying that Gon shouldn't care a lot but the level of obsession and drastic change is not really justified if the reason was only Kite.

He knew Nobunaga wouldn't kill them because they were a bargaining chip and a way to get to the chain user, he basically knew, maybe even instinctively that the were important enough not be killed.

Feb 11, 2014 2:38 PM

tsudecimo said:
MCAL said:

]And to add to that, Kaito is connected to hs father Ging which also means a lot to Gon.

Good enough reason for his current state of mind? I would expect this kind of turn if Killua/Kurapika/Lerio/maybe even Biscuit if we stretch it, were harmed/killed. But someone who he met briefly that is connected to his father? I'm not saying that Gon shouldn't care a lot but the level of obsession and drastic change is not really justified if the reason was only Kite.

I'm probably wrong but this is my interpretation: Kite is something who Gon deeply respected (and hoped to become); meanwhile, Killua/Kurapika/Leorio/etc. are just his friends. This statement might be different for all people but I think Gon is someone who takes it personally if someone he respects is disrespected or insulted. Kite was not just killed, he was turned into a robot-like person, controlled by the enemy, so utterly insulted by Pitou who only considered Kite to be a play toy (not a human) that I believe Gon feels so much rage that he no longer cares about the people around him being harmed.
Animelist」 ♪「 Mangalist 」♫
[/size]

Feb 11, 2014 2:40 PM

The_Mad_Wizard said:
Sorry for that. ^_^

I still think Gon is stupid though...

being a MC of shounen series and all that. (¬‿¬)

That's where he's different from the others, he isn't. His sharp instincts can even outsmart killua's analytic mind.

Feb 11, 2014 2:42 PM

Amazing episode. I wouldn't even mind if this arc ended without any fights. Definitely the scariest shounen protagonist I've seen. In regards to the conversation going on, I think Gon's behavior is justified and that he has always had a screw loose. Another plus is that Pitou didn't only kill Kite but turned him into a puppet (almost seeming to make fun of him).
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)

Feb 11, 2014 2:45 PM

Oh... My... God...

Hardly anything happened this episode and it was freaking INTENSE!

Poor Gon, I do feel bad for him, but at the same time, poor Killua :( You can tell it really hurt him when Gon told him Killua didn't care.

Chills.

xmaikokoro said:

I'm probably wrong but this is my interpretation: Kite is something who Gon deeply respected (and hoped to become); meanwhile, Killua/Kurapika/Leorio/etc. are just his friends. This statement might be different for all people but I think Gon is someone who takes it personally if someone he respects is disrespected or insulted. Kite was not just killed, he was turned into a robot-like person, controlled by the enemy, so utterly insulted by Pitou who only considered Kite to be a play toy (not a human) that I believe Gon feels so much rage that he no longer cares about the people around him being harmed.

That is actually an interesting interpretation and I could make more sense of considering Gon's personality than Kite being important because he saved his life and is connected to his father.

Feb 11, 2014 2:52 PM

Whats the progress on the time machines, because i can't wait another for this. That was just too good of an episode.

Feb 11, 2014 2:54 PM

Gon is not so angry because he wants revenge. He feels guilty because he thinks that if he wasn't with Kaito when Pitou attacked, Kaito could have saved himself.

Remember when Morel asked the reason for the King to have injured himself. It was Gon who answered him that Meruem may have felt regret.

Feb 11, 2014 2:57 PM

tsudecimo said:
MCAL said:

No you seem to keep on missing the point. Gon's crazy rage this episode didn't really have much to do with Kite, or the fact Kite was important to him or what not. In the beginning his rage was 'normal" (for Kite!). His rage only went over the chart when he didn't get the response he was expecting. Gon, the ever strong willed, stubborn simplistic mind, was expecting: 1) announce his presense 2) Pitou acknowledge him 3) FIGHT. Instead he got an ambiguous, complex situation that demanded him to suppress his raw anger.

Worst, the 'enemy' is behavior like a victim, and is playing a protecting role. He can't fathom such role reversal and how dared the enemy has double standard and is bargaining with him.

He's tormented and in shock by his inability to strike, and to him. His rage and readiness for revenge has no outlet, that's what boiled his anger even more and made him lashes out at Killua and everything else.

Gon has never given a difficult choice like this in his life. He kept yelling 'but this is UNFAIR!!" "UNFAIR!!". His simplistic world where he used to trust his instinct and unconditional trust is being challenged here.

ALL of this added up to why Gon is in rage and blinded to reason. Not "how Kite was important to him" alone. You're ignoring every factor that built up to the rather icky situation and keep focusing on 'Kite'. Kite was just the initial premises, but what ignite the rage was how the confrontation unfold in ways unsatisfying and frustrating to Gon. Killua being all calm and controlled irked Gon too of course.
Modified by kcaco, Feb 11, 2014 3:05 PM

Feb 11, 2014 3:00 PM

༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽ GON!!!! DON'T CRY ༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽ Where did Killua go?!

Feb 11, 2014 3:05 PM

kcaco said:

No you seem to keep on missing the point [.....]

No, I'm talking about the Gon prior to Pitou's request to wait.

I realized that the explosion of emotions and all that was not due to Kite after I re-watched the episode again. I would have realized it sooner if someone replied with something other than ''Kite is important etc''.

At any rate I don't have that much of problem with Gon's character anymore after I re-watched the episode and started recollecting Gon's personality and previous actions in my head.
Modified by tsudecimo, Feb 11, 2014 3:10 PM

Feb 11, 2014 3:12 PM
Kami-sama

Throughout the whole episode I couldn't help but think that Pitou is so freaking cute xD

Feb 11, 2014 3:14 PM

tsudecimo said:
kcaco said:

No you seem to keep on missing the point [.....]

No, I'm talking about the Gon prior to Pitou's request to wait.

I realized that the explosion of emotions and all that was not due to Kite after I re-watched the episode again.

No, Prior the request to wait, was a "WTF is going on" situation to Gon. He didn't get the expected reaction: 1) announced his presense 2) Pitou acknowledged him 3) FIGHT. There's no revenge speech that demanded the enemy's full attention. Pitou was preoccupied with something as he entered. What he was confronted with was...confusion, a murky situation where his focus to revenge was deemed secondary at that point. So no I still don't understand what 'Gon's rage' you don't get.

Feb 11, 2014 3:18 PM

I meant prior to seeing Pitou and walking into that room. The phase that you called ''normal'' rage, xmaikokoro already explained it in a way that made sense to me. It's all good.

I got your analysis about Gon entering the room and I agree with it.

Feb 11, 2014 3:20 PM
Worthless episode. Probably the worst episode in the whole series, possibly of all anime episodes of all time.

This shitty episode even made me log onto this board for the first time to say this. That 92% vote 5/5 reveals the low standards viewers have.

Feb 11, 2014 3:22 PM

Fuck Gon.
Where the fuck is Killua? ;__;

Feb 11, 2014 3:22 PM

The fact is that Gon doesn't really care about others, it's only about his feeling of guilty, even when he is helping others all he thinks is about how he can live on with his conscience. Even though Killua helped him so many times, he says "kankeinai". Killua would have to die for Gon to notice his importance. He even forgot what was his objective just to compensate his rage on someone else. That's just how stupid and selfish he is.
And regardless of that. Bullying a cute girl is enough for him to deserve death.

Feb 11, 2014 3:24 PM
Ktess said:
Worthless episode. Probably the worst episode in the whole series, possibly of all anime episodes of all time.

This shitty episode even made me log onto this board for the first time to say this. That 92% vote 5/5 reveals the low standards viewers have.
Tell us how you really feel...

Feb 11, 2014 3:25 PM

pkKodama said:
The fact is that Gon doesn't really care about others, it's only about his feeling of guilty, even when he is helping others all he thinks is about how he can live on with his conscience. Even though Killua helped him so many times, he says "kankeinai". Killua would have to die for Gon to notice his importance. He even forgot what was his objective just to compensate his rage on someone else. That's just how stupid and selfish he is.
And regardless of that. Bullying a cute girl is enough for him to deserve death.

She's ugly, those knees, that retro hair... what a hag

Feb 11, 2014 3:27 PM
Outstanding.

Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

Preview MangaManga Store