Forum Settings
Forums

If you already have a gf/bf and someone told u they like you and want to go out what would you do.

New
Jun 3, 2009 3:47 PM

Jun 2008
someone with experience =]

me and my gf broke up and am bak being friend.(very weird)
and i'm not going to out out with anyone for a while..
taking a break
lrock2musicJun 5, 2009 2:03 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 3, 2009 3:55 PM

Mar 2009
um, it depends...? dumping someone and then proceeding to immediately go out with someone else is one of the biggest dick moves in history, so i'd have to advise against doing that.
Jun 3, 2009 3:57 PM

Apr 2008
ask your bf/gf if he/she is interested in a 3some

Jun 3, 2009 3:58 PM
Mar 2009
I personally have a rule to never break up with someone for any reason other than you not seeing the relationship going anywhere. If someone else likes you, that's too bad for them, they'll have to stand back and wait to see if your current relationship works out or not.

If they can't do that, they never really liked you to begin with anyway.

Jun 3, 2009 3:58 PM

Jun 2008
wont it be weird i ask them that lol
comon i cant just ask my gf if they like some one else its like breakig up wit her.
Jun 3, 2009 3:59 PM

Nov 2008
audiodoll said:
um, it depends...? dumping someone and then proceeding to immediately go out with someone else is one of the biggest dick moves in history, so i'd have to advise against doing that.

Indeed.

10indeeds.

If the person you are currently with is someone who is obviously not the person for you, then leave them only and ONLY if the other person is a 100% improvement.

Just keep in mind you will most likely make the person you dumped a very, very sad panda, especially if they were all over you and heard about you going out with someone out just after the break-up.

Oh, and 'hiding' your relationship wont ever work, contrary to popular belief.

NOTE: I am a legitimate (meaning usually on-topic and polite) hit-and-run poster. Do not expect me to reply to your reply to my reply.
Jun 3, 2009 4:00 PM

Jan 2008
Its not like your gonna do something wrong....just going out wont hurt!!!
Unless your . .....!
You Know You Want My Muffin!

I Know U Do!
Jun 3, 2009 4:01 PM

Jun 2008
audiodoll said:

yes thats a very good point there
Jun 3, 2009 4:01 PM

Jun 2008
Peeping_Tom said:
Its not like your gonna do something wrong....just going out wont hurt!!!
Unless your . .....!

you cant just play with ppl hearts like that.
Jun 3, 2009 4:10 PM

May 2008

Amazing.
Jun 3, 2009 4:11 PM

Jan 2008
The very fact that you are pondering (out loud no less!) leaving your current girl means you're not 100% commited to her so you should end the relationship now because its gonna end sooner or later anyway.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jun 3, 2009 4:12 PM

Jun 2008
hikky said:

Amazing.

she already knows....i have 1
otherwise ofcourse i would say that
Jun 3, 2009 4:12 PM

Apr 2009
Depends on who's asking?
Jun 3, 2009 4:13 PM

Feb 2008
Beatnik said:
The very fact that you are pondering (out loud no less!) leaving your current girl means you're not 100% commited to her so you should end the relationship now because its gonna end sooner or later anyway.
Yeah that. If you don't like the person enough then there's no point staying with them because ultimately you're going to hurt yourself and them in the process.
Jun 3, 2009 4:14 PM

Jun 2008
khorven said:
Depends on who's asking?

if you go out with someone just cause of thier lookss
you have a miserable life.
Jun 3, 2009 4:16 PM

Jun 2007
If you really are 16 and are even considering this other person then go for it. You are young and shouldn't worry too much about hardcore committment. Better to have fun in life then be tied down. You've got plenty of time later in life for that. GF/BF can come and go real quick. If you want to go out with them do it, don't worry about being a dick it happens all the time lol, they can get over it.
Jun 3, 2009 4:16 PM

Jun 2008
LolitaDecay said:
Beatnik said:
Yeah that. If you don't like the person enough then there's no point staying with them because ultimately you're going to hurt yourself and them in the process.
LolitaDecay said:
Beatnik said:

i do like my current gf.
its just idk what to say to the other person.
i mean she already knew we are going out, but still she told me she likes me
i'm good friends with her, soo idk what to dooo
Jun 3, 2009 4:17 PM

Feb 2008
If you don't like her then say so :/
I never understood why it's so hard to say 'no'.
Jun 3, 2009 4:18 PM
Mar 2009
I wouldn't mostly because I would feel bad afterwards...but if I was able to control that feeling I would...probably.

However, it also depends from the current relationship and the person that is asking.
Jun 3, 2009 4:19 PM

Jun 2008
Cipro said:
If you really are 16 and are even considering this other person then go for it. You are young and shouldn't worry too much about hardcore committment. Better to have fun in life then be tied down. You've got plenty of time later in life for that. GF/BF can come and go real quick. If you want to go out with them do it, don't worry about being a dick it happens all the time lol, they can get over it.

it still fked up
if i dont like anyone i rather be single then.
why would i go with someone i dont like.
i'm mean its pointless.
i dont rly care what ppl think about me.
i dont care if all my friend got and i dont.
i dont want to be like them. just going out with someone you dont like
Jun 3, 2009 4:19 PM
Jun 2008
If you don't want to go out with the other person, just say something like "Sorry, I'm committed to my relationship" or some arbitrarily polite response.

Jun 3, 2009 4:20 PM

Feb 2008
I'm 16 aswell and it's pretty goddamn obvious what you're meant to do.
Jun 3, 2009 4:21 PM

Nov 2007
if you're actually contemplating if the grass is greener on the other side, then there's no point in sticking with your current girlfriend because she's obviously not keeping you interested enough. however, I agree with the people who say that going from one girl to the next would be a bad move. give it a few weeks and if she really is interested in you, she'll wait. just think how you would react if your girlfriend suddenly dumped you and started dating another guy the next day.
Jun 3, 2009 4:22 PM

Jun 2007
Sometimes you go out with someone and find out that you do/don't like them. Tell this other person that you are involved with someone you like and I'm sure they can understand if they care about you that much.
Jun 3, 2009 4:22 PM

Jun 2008
LolitaDecay said:

o\
LolitaDecay said:

okay say you already have a bf you like.
and one of your other close guy friends told you that he liked you and want to go out with you knowing that you already have a bf you like.

for you he's a rly good friend and you guys hang out a lot

so wut would you do??
Jun 3, 2009 4:24 PM

Feb 2008
Say 'no'.
If the guy cared about me enough as a friend then he wouldn't just stop being friends with me because I didn't want a relationship.
Jun 3, 2009 4:25 PM

Jun 2008
okay i know what to do now.
thnx everyone who helped =]
Jun 3, 2009 4:28 PM
Mar 2009
Orbitzz83 said:
just think how you would react if your girlfriend suddenly dumped you and started dating another guy the next day.

Yeah, it hurts when stuff like that happens.

I asked a girl I really liked to go out with me once, she rejected me.

She and my best friend started dating by the end of the day.

FML

Jun 3, 2009 4:29 PM

Jan 2008
Make sure you have your arm around your girl when you say "No" to the other girl.

For maximum effect.

Pics too please.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jun 3, 2009 4:30 PM

Jun 2008
chinlamp said:
Orbitzz83 said:
just think how you would react if your girlfriend suddenly dumped you and started dating another guy the next day.

Yeah, it hurts when stuff like that happens.

I asked a girl I really liked to go out with me once, she rejected me.

She and my best friend started dating by the end of the day.

FML

ouch. i kinda know how you feel.
like in 7thgrade i liked this girl but my best friend told me he liked her.
so i always lied to him saying i dont like her.
Jun 3, 2009 4:32 PM

Feb 2008
Sorry to break up heartbreak central but if they were really your 'best friend' why would they date the girl you liked?
Jun 3, 2009 4:33 PM

Jun 2008
well he told me first that he liked her.
so i never told him that i liked the same person as him.

its like the same thing with girls

u noe how u never go out with ur friends x
thats how it is in the movies =P
Jun 3, 2009 4:33 PM

Apr 2008
I asked this girl out once. She rejected me saying that she was a lesbian. The next week I found her in bed with my brother. He's 5 years younger than me.

FML

Jun 3, 2009 4:34 PM
Mar 2009
Well to be honest, he didn't know I liked her.

But she knew he was my best friend, and she asked him out.

It's not so much a betrayal as it is the realization that all my friends are better looking and more interesting than I am.

Again, FML

Jun 3, 2009 4:35 PM
Mar 2009
Saito-sama said:
I asked this girl out once. She rejected me saying that she was a lesbian. The next week I found her in bed with my brother. He's 5 years younger than me.

FML

8th most epic FML I've read so far.

Jun 2008
Saito-sama said:

FML

lol thats funny and sad.

Feb 2008
chinlamp said:

It's not so much a betrayal as it is the realization that all my friends are better looking and more interesting than I am.

Again, FML
Oh sucks.
/pats
Jun 3, 2009 4:36 PM
Mar 2009
LolitaDecay said:
chinlamp said:

Again, FML
Oh sucks.
/pats

Doesn't it just?

Jun 3, 2009 4:37 PM

Jun 2008
lol you guys are rly funny
Jun 3, 2009 5:28 PM

Aug 2007
LolitaDecay said:
Say 'no'.
If the guy cared about me enough as a friend then he wouldn't just stop being friends with me because I didn't want a relationship.

Being friendzoned sucks.

Balls.
Jun 3, 2009 5:36 PM

Apr 2009
Monkey-D-Luffy said:
khorven said:
Depends on who's asking?

if you go out with someone just cause of thier lookss
you have a miserable life.
And where the hell did I say looks?

That's some thing you assume, oh Freud.

Besides, 100% commitment is as stupid as 100% blind faith.
Jun 3, 2009 5:58 PM

Oct 2008
Well... School Days taught me that this kind of situation must be handled delicately or people might end up with their heads cut off.
Jun 3, 2009 6:53 PM
Mar 2009
NoBadsign said:
Well... School Days taught me that this kind of situation must be handled delicately or people might end up with their heads cut off.

Oh, that's definitely getting sigged.

Jun 3, 2009 7:52 PM

May 2008
NoBadsign said:

Music is from the soul~ ♥
Jun 3, 2009 8:06 PM
May 2009
Monkey-D-Luffy said:
someone with experience =]

well you just turned 16 and nothing youre doing now means anything besides learning from mistakes and school, so go with the one that you like more
Jun 3, 2009 10:43 PM

Dec 2007
Poligamy is a beautiful thing.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Jun 3, 2009 10:53 PM

May 2008
If you have to ask, then you might not like your b/f or g/f, it's what it seems to be...
Jun 3, 2009 10:54 PM

Apr 2009
ladyxzeus said:
Poligamy is a beautiful thing.
I praefer nilgamy though.

Polygamy: Being committed to multiple people.
Monogamy: Being committed to one person.
Nilgamy: Being committed to none at all.

Commitment really ruins any thing that's still left as beautiful to affectional and physical attraction. It's really true that a lot of 'couples' spend a lot of time together out of pressure because they 'have to' as they are 'committed' to each other rather than truly wanting to.
Jun 3, 2009 10:58 PM

Apr 2007
I've been through this once in my life. It was a very mind conflicting experience.

See, the bf I was going out with (10 months) was already on the rocks. I wasn't really happy with the relationship but I still was in it. A friend of mine who liked me for a while asked me out during this time but I didn't give an answer straight away. Forward a week later I decided I'd go out with him. A couple days after that I broke up with my bf.

I guess in my situation it was ok to do that. Amirite?

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.