Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 22, 2011 3:36 AM

Jan 2011
as a movie, this lacks detail explanations and i notice a lot of reuse footage from the TV

the ending shows 2 planets, is one of them is Earth and another is Neverland? this part just not clear enough...

btw the good things are Dominic gets to act cool, everybody has no time to emo, mini Nirvash and mini TheEND are cute :)
Aug 19, 2011 5:31 PM
Jun 2008
I admit it's been a long time since I last watched the series, and since the original plot was already quite confusing (but quite good), I don't really remember it. Even so, I got most of it until about 30 minutes to the end, when the Gekko crew meets Anemone and, in the meanwhile, Renton meets Dominic: sure, it was a too fast paced, too packed story, with many holes, some parts where just randomly threw in and didn't make sense but at least, with a bit of reasoning, the plot made *some* sense. But from that moment on, I lost it, completely.
Renton decides to go and get its future, Anemone asks Gekko people why they didn't try and make their own legend, a giant Image attacks them and Eureka, Renton rescues her with an evolved Nirvash, Holland follows him and they fight (but stop because he gets Talho is just pregnant), Renton is dying and Eureka sacrifices her memories to save him, the army fires they're iper-ultra-weapon, nonsense talk between Anemone (who's now young, wtf) and the old lady about storytelling, Nirvash goes to the Image core and (kills?) it before the ray hits, mega-tsunami, humanity safe (but the world is quite messed up), Eureka naked and long-haired (pretty hot, but Gayton doesn't seem to care) and mute, Nirvash a giant pokemon, Nirvash disappears and goes where *everyone is*, some more nonsense talk AnemonexOld lady (about Image creating humanoids to gather memories because they lacked them, and maybe they even wanted to use them to become friends with humans... Maybe killing people was just an hobby, I guess I misjudged them) and white book (I probably forgot something but hey, they packed like 30 different unrelated scenes per second, but a regular movie only has 25 fps, thus the holes).
NOW, if anyone can put this together in a coherent plot... Because BONES certainly didn't.
Sep 18, 2011 5:14 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The best way to enjoy this film is by not trying to think that it's the same as the tv series. It is not. In the classic tradition of Macross Do you Remember Love, it's a completely alternate vision, in which the characters might be the same, but the story is completely different.

The are some plotholes, and I can't help but thinking that the producers could have made the backstory more streamlined (seems that everyone want's to beat Evangelion in making the backstory as cryptic and unintelligible as possible) and easier to understand. Nevertheless, I think they did a good job in making it fit into a 2 hour movie. The crew of the Gekko as semi villanous bastards kind of works for me.

I liked this Eureka who is more in touch with her love for Renton. Its refreshing to see an anime were the characters don;t beat around the bush with their feelings and express things that they feel. (love the long hair Eureka too).

Is it as good as the tv series? Nope. But these kinds of films resulting from tv series rarely are and I've seem much worse (Escaflowne, Rahxephon etc).
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 1, 2011 10:22 PM
Nov 2010
I read a few comments from the beginning of this post, but not the end, so I'm sorry if I'm repeating anything.

At first, when I watched this in Jap subs, I was like... WTF???????? Then I watched it a second time, and it all clicked.
This movie is not a stand alone. It has EVERYTHING to do with the anime. This is a prequel, not an alternate universe. What made it hard to figure it out is all the LFO's and such.
Let me explain...
When the 'children' saw the other world, it was the world that you will find in the end of the anime. This specifically was not because of budget (unlike a lot of other things like character development), but rather the actual intent of Bones.
The 'children' thought that it was an alternate world, but it's just the future.

The naked lady book... This book is being written by "Kota" (or some random woman about a million years before the anime), and is passed down through humanity eventually ending up in Dewey's grimey hands, and he got "ageha" from the book, and the word is mention somewhere in the movie, I can't remember (though I just watched it for the 5th time...)

Am I making any sense? Try not to think of it as "Renton" and "Eureka", but rather as, "The two that became the Command Cluster for the Scub Coral."
In all it's wisdom, the Scub Coral... AKA (Freaking dang it I can't remeber what they called it!) Aeva? Image?
Anyway, the ending is confusing yes, but here let me have a shot at explaining.

Renton is almost dead. Eureka is saying something about her and his dreams. FLASH FORWARD, now they are in "Never Land" or what I like to call, the Command Cluster. I can get away with saying this because of the Library world scene in the anime. They are not in a physical world, but mental, inside the Scub Coral. "Eureka" is a Scub Coral, just the same as ANIME Eureka. So naturally, when infused with the Scub Coral with the Nirvash and the Hammer of God, she gives all of her memories to the Scubs. this is why she is naked and says, "momomomnnomonownronwoeomono"
She has left all her identity at the door to this new world. (Don't worry she is still the same person, she just has to relearn everything.)
I think most everything else in the movie is self explanatory, and to help with the timeline being in the past and to answer questions about trappars.......... BUDGETS, just ignore the little details.

As for the ship it could mean a lot of things (which means I don't know WTF it is either)
Could be Scub Coral, going to have them start the Command Cluster, or could be.... well... yeah I have no idea. Random.

Well guys! I hope you enjoyed my giant wall of text and found this useful. Keep in mind I have no sources, this is all what I got out of it. And when I watch something and it is slightly good, I watch the crap out of it untill (right or not) I can explain everything in it.
XD
Dec 1, 2011 10:23 PM
Nov 2010
Also........ Neither Renton or Eureka are whiney selfish annoying brats in this movie! XD
Dec 1, 2011 10:25 PM
Nov 2010
Oh and I saw a post about the ending having two planets..... no silly this is just the moon you are seeing, it just hasn't been in-graven by the Actual Eureka and Renton.
Dec 1, 2011 10:27 PM
Nov 2010
Gosh am I annoying or what I just keep posting....

Eureka 7 9/10
Psalms of Planets Eureka Seven: Pocket Full of Rainbows 10/10

The movie was more romantic lol.
Dec 31, 2011 11:36 AM

Jul 2011
i just bought this movie randomly haven never seen the anime. and i thought it was great,
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/lostfallstar&sclick=1][/
Mar 24, 2012 2:36 AM
Apr 2011
That was shit.
Apr 24, 2012 7:54 AM

May 2008
I watched this, finally! It's been on my harddisk for a long time lulz. Perhaps because the new series is out, AO, I want to try this one.

My thoughts? I don't get this movie. At all. I don't understand what happens to Anemone & Dominic. I don't understand...Too many. Despite not following the original plot, so I expect new storyline, still this movie failed to tell the story very well. And I don't even feel the emotions of every characters. At all. (again) None. So, the production failed.

Probably, the only thing I like from the movie is..Sato Naoki's music. Just brilliant.
chanzApr 24, 2012 7:59 AM
May 10, 2012 11:27 AM
Jul 2018
Jesus Christ, I couldn't handle to watch it all. At the first I thought exaggerating when saying that it was shit. Seriously, nothing was original, scenes were copy-pasted from original series, nothing made sense.
Jun 30, 2012 1:53 PM

Jul 2009
This movie was really bad. The OP pretty much mentioned anything worth mentioning about this movie. They definitely milked the romance between Renton and Eureka too much. The scene of Hap and Stoner getting killed was pretty unexpected though, and kudos to Bones for somehow being able to make the whole of Gekkostate unlikeable. It takes real effort to make something as shitty as this.

What really confused me before I watched it was the review by CMX on here. This is NOT the prequel to Eureka seveN at all. This just happened to be a retelling of the story (i.e. an alternate universe) that happens to take place before Eureka seveN did.

I'd say that AO's doing a better job of covering up and replacing this failure, but it hasn't yet been confirmed whether AO really does take place before Eureka seveN, or if it's something else entirely (I have my suspicions, but this isn't the place for them).
Jul 22, 2012 11:58 AM

Mar 2009
eureka with a long hair is the prettiest of them all...
Sep 14, 2012 1:17 PM

Dec 2008
Oh gawd. This was just...just...just...not good at all! What was the purpose?
Oct 18, 2012 10:05 AM
Jul 2012
Makes me want to go re-watch the anime.. just to bring back the good memories.
Nov 26, 2012 4:21 PM

Jul 2012
Wow they re-used so many events it could hardly be called a movie. However I did like Renton's change in character he was tougher he could actually punch people. Lol and Hap had his ass handed to him the nirvash just killed him in an instant. Also they could have at least changed the gekko states appearance to make them look more like villians and have Renton actually wear a military style uniform smh. Also Ray and Charles LFOs appeared but apparently they get killed instantly though we don't know if it's them.
I feel bad for Renton though now his girl has the typical anime dodo brain girl
Amon-RawNov 26, 2012 4:52 PM
Dec 22, 2012 12:40 AM
Dec 2012
This made me cry. it was just an awe full movie. i love the love stuff but i just watched the dubbed version an there was so much cussing. i mean. i thought it would be ok but this was just utter shit. i just skipped to the credits and cryed. so many things didn't make sense when i was watching it. although i found it interesting seeing hap getting fucked up by the nirvash. an don't get me started at the end. i mean really, was eureka retarded or something? i know its a japanese anime but she sounded like a squirrel..
Jan 5, 2013 9:08 PM

Dec 2012
Didn't stay faithful to any of the characters. You just cannot do that even in a spinoff movie story.

I can't be interested in characters that I fell in love with from a series and then in another form of media they are completely different. It just doesn't work like that. You can't slap "Eureka Seven" on something and expect it to be amazing just on name alone.

This movie was an absolute failure in every sense of the word.
Jan 11, 2013 7:23 AM
Jul 2012
Well this movie was...different. I'm sad that it wasn't amazing like I was expecting it to be but oh well I still have the series and I loved that.

Watching Stoner and Hap get taken out was pretty crazy, but they had it coming in this movie anyway. And I'm glad Renton actually had some backbone in this movie and was beating the crap out of Hap before he got shot.

For my final note I will mention probably the best feature of this entire movie: Eureka with long hair, it was awesome.
Jan 20, 2013 2:07 AM

Oct 2010
Watched the series over 3 days last week. 9/10.

Watched this movie just now. 5/10.

Rushed and confusing. Need to wash this shitty taste out of my mouth by re-watching some of the series a bit. The emotional power in E7's romance between Renton and Eureka lied greatly in build-up. The characters would struggle and stumble, and when they needed it most they would bond magnificently. I lost count of how many times I teared up during the series. For the movie, it was all forced and rushed, and I felt nothing.

Boooooooooooo!
Jun 24, 2013 8:02 PM
Feb 2008
Well at least the ending song was pretty neat

I'm starting to think BONES can't do movies based on their shows. First Full Metal Alchemist and now this. Some truly awful products.
Jul 23, 2013 11:47 AM

Mar 2012
hikaricore said:
Pocket Full of Dogshit

My sentiments exactly....oy vey I really wish I could have the last two hours of my life back, I didn't even think the main series was anything noteworthy, but how the hell was any of that supposed to make sense, even if it was labeled officially as an alternate version, it was just pure garbage.

This isn't Clannad, you can't just throw romance in viewers faces and expect great things from it...

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jul 24, 2013 1:43 PM

Mar 2012
LiLSatan said:
eureka with a long hair is the prettiest of them all...

Eureka with long hair 10/10
The movie itself 6/10
Aug 30, 2013 3:44 PM
Feb 2012
Villetta_Nu said:
Oh gawd. This was just...just...just...not good at all! What was the purpose?
I can't agree more, what the F was this? If I hadn't watch the original series I doubt I would had under stand half of it. Ok, it was a spin-of, or alternative version but what's the porous of this? I have never been this disappointed in a anime move/show this far, I even don't know how to rate this, this is the first ever show I will leave unrated.. a part of me actually which I never watched this, but the other part brings back the urge to re-watch the series.. whatever, I will just tell who ever asks me to watch the original series and leave this.. whatever it is alone.
Dec 1, 2013 3:58 AM

Dec 2012
Volt1993 said:
Didn't stay faithful to any of the characters. You just cannot do that even in a spinoff movie story.

I can't be interested in characters that I fell in love with from a series and then in another form of media they are completely different. It just doesn't work like that. You can't slap "Eureka Seven" on something and expect it to be amazing just on name alone.

This movie was an absolute failure in every sense of the word.

Came here a year later to say that I rated this a 1/10. It is literally one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Considering that I rated the series a 10, it astounds me.
Jul 6, 2014 10:22 AM

Feb 2012
I actually feel that this is around the best you can do in making a movie about Eureka 7. What made the original anime so strong despite its flaws was how well it was able to establish a theme and generate a story around it. The anime covered all it needed to cover and i personally didn't see how a movie would be able to further that. The writers decided to create a similar but different world that has some fundamental differences.

At the center of this movie is the question of fate and the question of myth. Accepting or denying fate is what drove people to their extreme actions. Myths are what describes us and inform us about what is right and wrong. The use of myth and the creation of myth were some very interesting ideas that were floating around in this movie.

The original anime was more about Renton learning what it means to be a man and what love really is.

I'll have to watch both the TV series and the movie again to provide a more proper analysis.
Aug 20, 2014 7:56 PM

May 2012
Well this sure was different to what I expected from this movie, this seems to be in an alternate universe or something like that and it sure makes the whole anime feel and act different. It's in a way a lot more interesting how their relation was formed but on the other hand the strong band that was present in the original tv series doesn't seem to be there anymore or more than it's too new of a bond they share.

It's not that I dislike this but I have rather mixed feelings about this, I can't directly place this movie as it does feel like a part of the Eureka franchise but on the other hand it doesn't feel anything like it, the atmosphere feels also quite different from the main series.

That said the movie was still pretty interesting in general and I do wonder what the second season will offer me after this but all in all it was pretty good!
RafaelDeJonghAug 20, 2014 8:10 PM
Aug 22, 2014 9:59 PM

Feb 2013
Rebuild of Eureka Seven?

Anemone is so old.

It was rushed and felt forced. The action was pretty good though. There really wasn't much reason to make this "part" of Eureka Seven though... I think they just used that to boost popularity/hype. It could easily have been a completely separate thing, didn't really have much in common with the series.
Jan 1, 2015 10:07 AM
May 2013
I like this better than the TV series this at least tries to be original, not a Gundam, Evangelion and somehow Macross's child .
I like this Eureka better .
Feb 6, 2015 3:32 PM

Nov 2014
The movie was pretty confusing but it still had some cool parts and I enjoyed seeing some characters again.
Mar 10, 2015 11:51 AM

Nov 2013
an interesting movie, was basically made to include all of the themes of the original series into a 2 hour movie, sacrificing established characters roles in order to accomplish that. I enjoyed seeing parallels and how they had a different take on the Eureka 7 story but still tried to hit major plot devices of the original.

maybe i wasnt as committed or devoted to eureka seven as others but I had no problem with the liberties they took changing up aspects of the show. Some changes were good and some were not. They cleaned it up renten and eurekas dialog and made it more believable. Eurkea actually having a personality and Renten stood up for himself and had a purpose. I felt that made the show a little less corny. The reusing of scenes from the series, just copying and pasting them, was a little annoying for me they clearly didnt have a great budget because they took some animation cuts in slower parts of the movie. They tried to make Hap a little too unlikable and i didnt really like the motive of the gekko state let alone how they dropped it all just because talho was pregnant. The end game for fixing their aging problem could have been done in a much more interesting way instead of trying to keep the world hopping narrative of the original series.

some of you guys are a little to hard on the movie ha it wasnt great but i dont know why you have such a problem with changing the characters up. their personalities were still the same for the most part just their intentions and goals much different.

and if you have a problem with the movie being confusing and a little convoluted i hate to tell you but the main series wasnt much better in that regard haha.
Christ111Mar 10, 2015 10:48 PM
Jul 2, 2015 10:21 PM
Apr 2014
Fuck...

I've been postponing Eureka Seven for years until last month... when I watched the series and OMG I fell in love with it!!!!

Then... this movie came to my attention and...

Fuck... :(

WTF?
Sep 1, 2015 12:44 AM

Aug 2015
The movie seems to be a prequel to the TV series. If you think of Eureka and Renton, and all the characters for that matter, as they are in the TV series, as reincarnations then it makes sense. The movie shows how the world was destroyed before the corelians emerged.
I am the scales of justice, conductor of the choir of death!

Oct 18, 2015 11:35 PM

Apr 2009
SO boring!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2020 12:29 PM

Feb 2012
Shio_ said:
Just watched it since I'm a diehard E7 fan. One word to describe it would be rushed. Nothing made sense and a lot of the mythos in the story weren't explained well, or at all. The plot holes kept forcing me to make connections with the original E7, but that was worse because the setting was different, just made it all confusing. The ending was really stupid as well, it wasn't as dramatic as it should have been, it was just Renton and Eureka in a OP'd mecha attacking the Image, or whatever.

One thing that I still don't get is: the neverland alternate dimension that the kids were looking for, what did the carved moon say? Nanashi's fansubs didn't include it. I'd also like to think of this as a prequel, 8000 years before the setting of E7, and that the characters were all just re-incarnated under different settings.
It's Eureka and Renton's names in katakana.
MyLastBreath said:
Manwolf said:

not a new dimension but a prequel. You kind of have to pay attention but this happens in the 21st century right before humans left the earth (which is talked upon in the series) and show how the coralians (now called the image) first came to earth (which is really the planet the main series takes place on) But this would of been way better as an separate series that identifies it as a prequel as not to confuse people.

I read that it is not at all a continuation for the series, it was just ment to be an alternate version of what could have happened to renton in eureka, but they really messed up on the movie because why would they add the ring of rainbows and the heart engraved into the moon, if it was just suppose to be a different story? It makes no sense really.
I think the scenes with the moon were glimpses of the tv series universe (what the Gekko crew of this movie believed to be Neverland)
Fortress_MaximusAug 6, 2020 3:23 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 8, 2020 8:36 PM

Jul 2012
I thought this movie was pretty good! I enjoyed seeing the differences in the story and characters compared to the original series. The animation was on point and I quite enjoyed seeing this franchise in widescreen HD animation. The story told throughout was intriguing and unfolded in true confusing Eureka Seven nature.

The usage of the characters we know in different "roles" was an interesting choice. It allowed us to see the characters we love in a different light, but I'm not quite sure if it was worth it. It might have given the movie more of a chance in fan's eyes by simply having new settings and new characters to tell this story.

Another thing that disappointed me a bit was the music. I felt like the movie did not live up to the excellent music of the original series. I think that the musical influence of the original series did not shine through here at all. We didn't really get any musical references or any stand out tracks here beside the ED, which made me feel like the movie lost out on a bit of the "soul" of the series.

As seems to be the case for all Eureka Seven media, the storytelling was done in a kind of confusing manner. This in of itself is not a bad thing at all, and for the most part I wasn't really that confused with the movie. It relied a little bit on some infodumps which probably could have been avoided.

One thing that IS confusing me though are the ties to the original series. Going into the movie, I knew that there was some form of debate regarding what this movie is. Is it a different universe, or is it a prequel to the original series. It works as both, oddly enough. It works as a prequel because of showing the origins of Nirvash and The End, as well as showing the beginning of the creation of the myth that the Novak lineage believes in, in the original series. However, at a few points in the series, we see the end of the series, with the engraved moon and Grandpa Thurston and the kids. Can it really be a prequel if we the movie directly interact with elements from the end of the series? Perhaps it is a prequel, and these connections could be explained away simply by saying it was some sort of weird time travel. Nevertheless, we don't officially know the status of what this movie is. I think this is to its detriment because a lot of fans dismiss this movie, despite it being decidedly pretty good.

A strength of the film that I believe surpasses the original series is its portrayal of Eureka. In my review of the original anime, I said that Eureka was more of a bland character. She was "blank slate," intentional or not. Not in this movie. In this film, we see Eureka with more of a personality; she is more outspoken, and I can more easily believe how Renton has impacted her because of it. Not to say that more stoic characters are not able to do this, but in this instance for me it did.

The great animators at BONES returned for this film, and we got a bunch of great looking Itano Circus shots. Of course, i really really enjoyed those moments.

Honestly, I liked the lore and the story told in this film, and I honestly would have minded this to be turned into a (short) full series.

Overall, this film trimmed a little of the narrative fat from the original series, while providing a well-animated more streamlined story that unfortunately doesn't provide some of the flair of the OG anime. Despite that, I had a pretty good time with this movie.
Jan 21, 2022 3:49 AM

Mar 2016
Alright, plot-wise, despite how nonsensical and seemingly 'complex' the plot and storyline are, I manage to follow it, because after all. It's somewhat similar to the original story but much much more, 'fake'.

This movie is trying to recreate the magical atmosphere and characters of the original TV series, but obviously, its format as a 2 hours movie cannot fully re-capture the true beauty of Eureka Seven, even when put under an entirely different alternate timeline with a differing story.

Let's put it this way... Despite this movie being 2 hours long, it took me 2 whole days to watch it, I despise this abomination, one might say, you can consider this entire thing as a parody to the original instead of a faithful recreation of Eureka Seven. There're some good changes that aren't particularly noticeable so there are literally only 2 major great things in this movie...

1. The 3 annoying brats aren't present in 99% of this movie's entire runtime...

2. Seeing Eureka with her hair fully grown out and full down near the end of the movie.

That's it. In short, this movie isn't good or enjoyable to watch. Although if you're looking for a different set of experience, or is only intending to watch this to checkmark the entire Eureka Seven series as watched, then go for it.
Dec 24, 2023 2:06 AM
Apr 2022
[Story] - 8
[Art/Animation] - 8.5
[Sound/Music] - 7.5
[M-Character] - 8.5
[S-Character] - 8.5
[Enjoyment] - 8
[Overall] - 8

This is my seconded time seeing the film so I decided to write a little about it. What I love and like about it, my thoughts on the Film are a bit mixed, things that I liked too and love about it and the new changes that I was not much sure of if I really like or not. E7 is my Fav anime of all-time, Will never forget the feelings and love I have for it since seeing it air on TV for the first time. After watching this film for the first time this year was so a bit confusing was not sure what to make about the story and changes they made with the whole cast, but seeing it again after many months now I understand it so much more and really enjoyed the changes they made of there's two lovers and many of the cast of characters here, with some more then others were interesting and some not much. The story telling perceptive of the side characters was well done and easy to follow what was really happening thought-out the film. I really Enjoyed this film then loved it... p.s, "Ray-Out"
CcCharlesDec 24, 2023 2:23 AM
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Should I watch this before or after Season 2 (AO)?

RevyTwo-Hands - Feb 21, 2017

3 by Hermiyas »»
Mar 14, 2023 5:38 AM

» Am I the only person who thought the plot made no sense?

Tomu199 - Dec 8, 2017

1 by LelouchLagusa »»
Feb 20, 2021 7:01 PM

» A question.

Yandy - Dec 11, 2009

5 by DuniaDeltzu »»
Sep 3, 2014 3:50 PM

» The Title: Eureka Seven

matlai17 - Apr 17, 2012

2 by thatguy »»
Jun 24, 2013 7:48 PM

» CMX Review

taterhead - Sep 23, 2009

3 by Joe00123 »»
Apr 17, 2011 3:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.