Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2009 9:26 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
There’s a contest being held for writing a love letter where the prize is a year’s worth of Belgian chocolate. This drives all of the girls in the city, including Yuuna, to write love letters. Mamoru sees Yuuna’s letter one night as he’s covering her with a blanket because she fell asleep. Though her letter starts off a bit “strange,” it is in fact a love letter. And in the end, it is indeed Yuuna who wins the contest, though Mamoru had to foil a plot by Yamame and Hotaru that involved feeding letters to goats. Mamoru doesn’t understand why the girls are so motivated by chocolate, but Tsubaki says that he’s the one who doesn’t understand. On the way home, Yuuna wants to give the love letter and her prize to Mamoru. When she insists that he take it, it finally dawns on Mamoru that she likes him. He stops her before she can fully confess and basically turns her down by saying that their relationship isn’t like that. In tears, Yuuna apologizes and runs off. Mamoru then hears a car crashing noise and a scream.

It turns out that only Yuuna’s arm is injured, but the incident has left Mamoru visibly shaken. He knows that everything that happened was his fault, and he’s still unsure about his own feelings for Yuuna. Mamoru’s father comes back from meeting with the rest of the Kagemori family with bad news: Mamoru is going to be dismissed and replaced by another ninja. In Yuuna’s room, Mamoru is already accepting her feelings. But this Mamoru is not the real Mamoru. When confronted, this ninja introduces himself as Hinomori Tasuke. It seems that the Hinomori clan shadows the Kagemori clan, meaning that Tasuke knows everything about Mamoru and Yuuna. And, as Mamoru’s mother learns from Mamoru’s father, Mamoru is going to be sent back to the Kagemori village. Mamoru and Tasuke start fighting, but when Mamoru tries to grab Tasuke from behind, Tasuke disappears in a burst of feathers and reappears behind Mamoru. He does the same attack Mamoru was about to do and drives Mamoru straight into the ground. Mamoru is defeated, but is granted one more day as himself. The day goes through normally, except that Mamoru holds Yuuna’s hand on the way back and remembers all the previous times they’ve walked home together. Upon seeing her home, Mamoru says “Bye bye Yuuna.”
Nov 25, 2009 10:39 PM

Jun 2009
Wonder what the final episode holds in store for this show.
Sep 20, 2014 7:56 AM

Jan 2014
mamoru you idiot...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Mar 23, 2017 5:58 PM

Jul 2014
Yuna won another contest lol. Looks like Yuna wants to take it to the next relationship step, ah Mamorou what did you do? Now there's talk of a replacement Mamorou?
Aug 22, 2023 4:21 PM

Aug 2017
This episode was dramatic and less comedic like previous episodes,
FINALLY Yuna confessed to Mamoru, well he has the right to be shocked, his whole life he was concerned with protecting her he didn't thing of her romantically,
I'm really curious about the ending, I hope it's a good one.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kage Kara Mamoru! Episode 12 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 30, 2009

21 by Dekom »»
Aug 23, 2023 4:52 PM

Poll: » Kage Kara Mamoru! Episode 10 Discussion

2 by Dekom »»
Aug 21, 2023 3:13 PM

Poll: » Kage Kara Mamoru! Episode 9 Discussion

4 by Dekom »»
Aug 20, 2023 4:55 PM

Poll: » Kage Kara Mamoru! Episode 8 Discussion

2 by Dekom »»
Aug 19, 2023 4:28 PM

Poll: » Kage Kara Mamoru! Episode 7 Discussion

4 by Dekom »»
Aug 17, 2023 3:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.