Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2009 9:09 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eh, I think they spent too much time on Tomari for this to be a Yasuna ending. Actually, they kind of left the ending open, so who knows. With Hazumu saying something to Tomari from across the river, they seem to be implying that the three girls will be together.
Aug 12, 2009 3:33 AM

Apr 2009
It would be nice to have a second series. like most anime to get into it and then it over. the ending was a bit open and there is definantly things that could be improved in later episodes. For yasuna to kind of give up so quickly means the whole plot was finished in the final episode and the OVA. it way to fast maybe another episode or OVA could have balanced it out abit. And for hazumu then to go straight for tomari even after chosing yasuna over her. i admit i shed a tear but i was guite dissapointed..but i really enjoyed it.:)
Sep 11, 2009 6:14 AM
May 2009
Hazamu got together with Yasuna-chan? I didn't understand its end clearly....
Sep 11, 2009 11:27 PM
Oct 2008
Actually, there is an episode 13...I'm not sure why people don't seem to know about it. It's easily found on YouTube. The ending is "tied up", though personally...I found it a bit strange...
Mar 31, 2010 8:44 AM

Mar 2010
That ending an imply on quite a bit.

Still need to watch the ova though, I'll just have to see what happens there..

Uhh.. Isn't the episode 13 the OVA?
Apr 1, 2010 6:49 AM
Jul 2018
Not bad at the part where Hazumu and Tomari were at the river, Yasuna came up really shortly and I did not like how she suddenly cured completely from her problem :/ - gotta see the OVA next

Thunderwolf said:
Uhh.. Isn't the episode 13 the OVA?

Yes, the OVA is supposed to be episode 13.
Jun 6, 2010 9:53 AM
May 2010
Well the end of this series in roe, which is a continuation of
television series and gave a final end to it.

He explained everything, that's finished with the Yasuna Hazumu
(Hazumu really loves Tomari and just stay with her at the end
series because of illness, see the kiss in episode
5).

Ai finally Hazumu Tomari and mend themselves, they love each other.

I loved the end of Roe, it was everything I wanted.

Sorry for the spoilers and writing, I'm using
google translator. ^ ^
stepreiJun 6, 2010 9:56 AM
Aug 2, 2010 7:03 PM

Jan 2010
Good thing there was on OVA.
Jun 12, 2011 9:55 PM

Mar 2010
i was thinking this was a good ending up intill the last like 5 sec then i got completly lost again guess i need to watch the ova

"I am the bone of my sword,
Steel is my body and Fire is my blood,
I have created over a thousand blades,
Unknown to Death,
Nor known to Life,
Have withstood pain to create many weapons,
Yet, those hands will never hold anything,
So as I pray, unlimited blade works"
Feb 14, 2012 2:53 PM

Jun 2009
To be honest I found Tomari's love much more genuine and consistent over time, she acts strong and tried hard to let go of Hazuma even though it hurts her to the point of collapse. It was heartbreaking when she turned back across the river to propose to Hazumu and only to discover that Hazumu had finally summoned the courage to walked out on her. In contrast Yasuna is quite a crybaby herself, and looks fragile and her love seems honestly a bit selfish if you ask me.

On the overall I quite appreciated this series although I don't see the point of having included these aliens in an otherwise perfect slice-of-life. These aliens and Hazumu's sex change have absolutely no relevance to the overall main plot, they look more like fillers. As for that alien guy, he talks so eloquently about love sharing and its healing power etc but he himself ignores that teacher's love for him!?! Did he really learn anything? I suppose its another loose end...
meneopeFeb 14, 2012 2:58 PM
Mar 12, 2012 12:08 AM

May 2011
ShanaFlame said:

Eh, I think they spent too much time on Tomari for this to be a Yasuna ending. Actually, they kind of left the ending open, so who knows. With Hazumu saying something to Tomari from across the river, they seem to be implying that the three girls will be together.

This.

It was a horrible "REGULAR" final episode. You spend the whole god damn day shooting the girl down and spend two minutes with the girl you actually chose. I mean seriously i felt horrible for Tomari. Hazumu's bawling to Tomari and not walking towards her choice was god damn painful to watch. You just stuck a dagger in the girls heart, are you going to stick around and watch the girl bleed to death?

I mean i could understand the cultural significance of a rejection. In Japan it is a more common practice to cease communication with someone once an confession or a relationship fails. I guess the whole extra care handling Hazumu's choice in regards to Tomari was the fact that they didn't want it to end their friendship. Still it could have been handled a lot better.

Sooo, after all the mess at the garden and river with Tomari, Hazumu finally gets to Yasuna. And the confession of love by Hazumu cures Yasuna's terrible condition. You know I'd have been OK with the choice and everything.

except in the OVA Episode 13.....

The writers were as god damn indecisive as Hazumu. What a train wreck ending to what was otherwise a decent love triangle story.

meneope said:
To be honest I found Tomari's love much more genuine and consistent over time, she acts strong and tried hard to let go of Hazuma even though it hurts her to the point of collapse. It was heartbreaking when she turned back across the river to propose to Hazumu and only to discover that Hazumu had finally summoned the courage to walked out on her. In contrast Yasuna is quite a crybaby herself, and looks fragile and her love seems honestly a bit selfish if you ask me.

On the overall I quite appreciated this series although I don't see the point of having included these aliens in an otherwise perfect slice-of-life. These aliens and Hazumu's sex change have absolutely no relevance to the overall main plot, they look more like fillers. As for that alien guy, he talks so eloquently about love sharing and its healing power etc but he himself ignores that teacher's love for him!?! Did he really learn anything? I suppose its another loose end...

Yeah, I agree with your assessment on both the girl choice and the alien side story. I also felt Tomari was the better girl overall.

OVA spoiler..
CirrisMar 12, 2012 12:16 AM
Apr 25, 2012 3:46 AM

Jun 2009
Cirris said:
ShanaFlame said:

This.

It was a horrible "REGULAR" final episode. You spend the whole god damn day shooting the girl down and spend two minutes with the girl you actually chose. I mean seriously i felt horrible for Tomari. Hazumu's bawling to Tomari and not walking towards her choice was god damn painful to watch. You just stuck a dagger in the girls heart, are you going to stick around and watch the girl bleed to death?

I mean i could understand the cultural significance of a rejection. In Japan it is a more common practice to cease communication with someone once an confession or a relationship fails. I guess the whole extra care handling Hazumu's choice in regards to Tomari was the fact that they didn't want it to end their friendship. Still it could have been handled a lot better.

Sooo, after all the mess at the garden and river with Tomari, Hazumu finally gets to Yasuna. And the confession of love by Hazumu cures Yasuna's terrible condition. You know I'd have been OK with the choice and everything.

The writers were as god damn indecisive as Hazumu. What a train wreck ending to what was otherwise a decent love triangle story.

meneope said:

Yeah, I agree with your assessment on both the girl choice and the alien side story. I also felt Tomari was the better girl overall.

OVA spoiler..
I'm watching this series again, and at this point I can't help wondering what is the significance of monogamy in this kind of relationships anyway. They all love each others and get along quite well with each others, so what's the big deal with the whole "having to choose" thing ? I wonder if lesbians place so much emphasis on monogamy...
Jan 5, 2013 11:08 PM

Sep 2012
Cirris said:
ShanaFlame said:

This.

meneope said:

OVA spoiler..

I totaly agree with you m8:(
Mar 7, 2013 6:38 AM

Sep 2012
EP13 is OVA but it continues & finishes the story, its a fix for they'r error, that they left some things unclear
Mar 7, 2013 10:32 AM

Sep 2012
ShanaFlame said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

they are implying that cause thats what is gonna happen :), watch OVA, i like the OVA cause of that :)
Nov 15, 2013 5:19 AM

Feb 2010
In anime, Hatsumu x Tomari is more touching than Hatsumu x Yasuna,
The manga has more development on each pairing, though.

...and a foreshadowing? darn, must watch ova right now.
Nov 29, 2013 5:40 AM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
I was rooting for Osaragi x Tomari. This Anime was total trash. Awful ending. Osaragi sucks. 2/10 score.
LoliconNov 29, 2013 5:44 AM
Feb 19, 2014 2:43 PM

May 2012
Pretty lovely way to finish of the story I must say and well the overall anime sure was lovely as well! With an interesting concept and well developed progression of the characters and story! So I really wonder what the ova has to offer but all by all this does finishes the story off quite well!
Aug 28, 2014 6:39 AM

Aug 2013
I'm not happy at all.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 13, 2014 7:11 AM
Sep 2014
After a marathon of trying to finish this series as fast as possible as I dont care much for this kind of thing and only finished it coz I started it and I dont like unfinished things...

This final episode is just so wrong on so many levels.

SPOILERS! SPOILERS AND MORE SPOILERS! BE WARNED!

1. what kind of ass tells a girl that he likes/loves someone else and is choosing that someone over her and then spends the whole day with the girl he/she dumped?
2. what crazy girl just gives up and lets go just like that?
3. what is that last scene? a break up? so yasuna or whatever goes through all the trouble to land hazumu only to dump his/her ass at the end? wtf?
4. so he/she gets dumped by his/her first choice and decides to immediately go after number 2? damn! what an ass!
5. and here is my biggest issue with this series, they all talk about love, relationships, sacrifice and stuff like that as if they were all adults...they're high school kinds for F's! SAKE! I mean..WTF?! I went through high school and had tons of friends an crap like that I nor any of my friends were that serious. All that we had in our minds was getting it on with as many girls as we can and no over the top love like that.

heck even the girls we dated weren't into that kind of eternal love thing...how can a handfull of highschool kids be so mature? heck I'm 26 now and i'm still immature as crap.

As a whole, even if i'm not into this things, i found the series ammusing and funny. I can appreciate the love aspect and dont really mind if its girl on girl love. to each his/her own i always say.

I'd give the entire series 3 out of 5 stars and the last episode a -10 out of 5 stars as it was just plain horrible.
Feb 4, 2016 6:07 AM

Dec 2012
Woah woah woah, I had a full "final thoughts" ready to go and they pull the rug out from my feet at the last minute? I have to admit, with how things were going I thought the OVA would be some side story so this has made me both nervous and excited.

As for this episode, I really liked Tomari and Hazumu's playtime. It also made me realize how much Hazumu has changed since becoming a girl. It's hard to say for sure considering Hazumu's screentime as a guy was brief, but it just feels like she became more comfortable with expressing her emotions. It's not like there was a message or theme to it. Just that Hazumu became more colorful in showing her personality.

Well, Tomari's speech at the river was touching and all that, but it didn't really make sense to say she'd brag to Hazumu's children and grandchildren. I mean, if Hazumu is serious about Yasuna... Hazumu's indeciveness was a little bit annoying and I was about to roll my eyes back when I thought she was going to choose Tomari, but it really does show the pains of love and rejection. In all honesty, I wouldn't want to have to choose someone if it meant destroying a dear friendship either.

Eh, things with Yasuna were resolved way too quickly. There wasn't much impact with the confession and the whole space alien thing was like "meh" (even though he made some nice points on how love drives humans). I was going to say that the ending was too compact, but we'll see what the OVA decides to do.

?/10
Dec 7, 2017 4:31 AM
Apr 2016
Been a while since I watched any of this, but from my memory I like to pretend the OVA didn't happen ^_~
Mar 20, 2018 10:11 AM

Jan 2018
It must be a surprise that i write it right now. 12 years after this anime was first release. Actually why i start to run this anime is because hazumu's gender bender (yes, i have a little bit weird fetish on mtf transform). Actually i'm ready to dropped it after 3 ep, but ended up continue it till the end after the scene where yasuna show her disability in looking at men

The story is actually okay ep by ep, but just like another earlier reply up there, the ep 12 is runs very weird. I mean if it want to ended up in yasuna's route, so it didn't need to added some hazumu-tomari scene again. But, the ending word from alien guy is good, it just like saved the weird ending.

I'm not a yuri fan, however, so i will not give it a score above 7. 6/10 is enough.
"Happy Ramadhan for those who celebrate it. I hope this year's Ramadhan bring goodness for you life" -(TsuzukuHunter 2018)
Mar 9, 2021 1:51 PM

Aug 2018
This is sad episode.. Is, was, is.. It is sad..
I only don't agree with alien's monologue in the end.. But kinda whatever.. Still a great episode..
Overall, it was a great anime.. I liked whole lots of things in it.. Interesting gender change, and how it changes life.. I was interested in characters so much.. What they think, what they feel.. Just great characters.. And also I had so many feels as well.. Overall, this anime is just too good.. It's so good, it really probably is among my favorites.. Thank you, Kashimashi, for the time.. I'm very feely I watched you.. ;P 10/10 for certain.. Also OVA ahead.. But yeah.. Life is much better with anime like this..
Apr 24, 2021 12:36 PM
Jun 2016
A rainbow appeared when Hazumu and Tomari were spraying each other with water using the hoses, lmao.

Ah, so the anime decided to make Hazumu pick Yasuna. Welp, I've already said what I think on my comment on the previous episode. At least Tomari has Ayuki. Speaking about my comment on the previous episode, I did predict that perhaps Mt. Kashima might have a more prominent setting here to give the series a roundabout of bookend ending. Turns out it wasn't the case. Oh well, not that I'm seeking for it, I just like predicting things. Not everything has to have some sort of thematic roundabout.

The ending seems vague. I wonder what did Yasuna tell Hazumu? And what did Hazumu tell Tomari? Well, this might be the ending but there is an OVA sequel. I wonder if they're going to reveal it there?

That was honestly a nice way to end the anime. I actually started this anime way back, combining the comedy, shoujo ai, and slice of life tags as I wanted to watch another anime like Yuru Yuri, my favourite. So I pretty much watched for the gay comedy, but stayed for the dramatic romance (something I don't usually watch).

I say this finale kind of gave me a "diet" version of what you feel if you watch Makoto Shinkai's films. Honestly, it would be pretty great if this anime got a remake of sorts. Maybe even a movie. But sadly, I think the theme of a MtF on female romance is too niche. Also, I don't really watch a lot of dramatic romances, but I think some people would think that this anime is cliched, but with the heterosexual themes replaced with homosexuality.

Ok, after I've written all of that I've decided to skim (but not fully read) the previous comments on this thread. I've already said this on my thoughts on a previous episode, but here we go again: I'm pretty sure that everyone has thought up of why not have the ending be Hazumu dating both Tomari and Yasuna. I don't really mind that ending and I could see it happening. It's just that the anime pretty much sets up that Hazumu has to only date one. Therefore, if the ending went with that, then it kind of "undermines" all the setting up the anime did. Again, I actually don't mind that ending even if it "doesn't make sense thematically." But yeah, the ending does seem open-ended. Maybe the OVA sequel will indeed show Hazumu dating both.
Apr 27, 2021 1:02 AM
Apr 2021
Spoiler for the people who yet to see the ep:

The ending is trash, why the hell would he end up with that witch.
Sep 11, 2021 7:34 PM
Nov 2017
just watch ep 1, and i know this is trash....

1st boy got rejected badly by his crush.

2nd the crush crying, i will be alone again after she leading the mc n reject the him... ewwww, trash character.

3rd the crush searching the mc while he gone, the crush already see there's another girl found the mc and at his side but still happily go to the mc side with big smile on the face. huh??? wtf? you reject him so badly damn shit.
Sep 11, 2021 7:34 PM
Nov 2017
just watch ep 1, and i know this is trash....

1st boy got rejected badly by his crush.

2nd the crush crying, i will be alone again after she leading the mc n reject the him... ewwww, trash character.

3rd the crush searching the mc while he gone, the crush already see there's another girl found the mc and at his side but still happily go to the mc side with big smile on the face. huh??? wtf? you reject him so badly damn shit.

at this point, the crush don't have any right to be at the mc side.. the author must be smoking real drug to create this story.

4th the 1st scene of this anime, the MC kissing the crush that reject mc so badly.
seriously spinless, weak, no backbone, no trace of man n cowardice like the MC, he will never talk again to the crush after get rejected n thinking the crush is shitty human, who leading him just to get rejected but still force a scene of him kissing the crush ?? lol the author is so high on drug.

hahahaha pure trash... just from ep 1 i already have a feeling this is trash anime, thanks to everyone in here for me to confirm it n not wasting my time to watch this trash.
Aqua_samaSep 11, 2021 7:46 PM
Jan 23, 2022 3:48 AM

Feb 2020
Bye bye, Puu... :( I'm sad she had to go.

That playtime between Tomari and Hazumu was really fun.

Ok. Let's see the OVA because the story can't end like this.
Jan 5, 2023 8:53 PM

May 2014
I am ok that Hazumu chose Yasuna (though Tomari was the best choice). A lot of time was spent on Tomari. And what is up with that ending? How can you end it like this when Yasuna was chosen.

Anyways, the plot progress was sloooooow. Art was meh too. No OSTs to brag of. They could end this series with 6 episodes. A fine 3/6 or 5/9.
Sep 3, 2023 9:22 PM

Jun 2014
I was sad that Hazumu abandoned the idea of a romantic relationship with Tomari, but I'm glad that they all managed to stay friends in the end.

Overall, this was pretty good, and clearly, Hazumu was always a woman, even before the transformation.

I'll watch the OVA now. :)

Jan 25, 4:26 PM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
I remember liking it a lot more 15 or so years ago.
Now rewatching it, still enjoyed the first couple episodes a lot. Then the show kinda fell flat on its face in the middle, but picks up kinda in the end.

Giving it 6/10 only because I love Tamura Yukari's and Yui Horie's voices. Otherwise it would have been like a 5/10.

As for the title, "Kashimashi", is it because they live in the Kashima city? 市 (shi) = city. Kashima shi. So lame but whatever... And why did they decide to write it in all hiragana? Were they trying to create a double meaning? First being the city where they live, and second being a combination of Kashi (sweets) and Mashi (better/preferable), kashimashi = better if it's sweet? Better if love is sweet? Maybe trying to overanalyze a stupid anime title.
BigBoyAdvanceJan 25, 6:15 PM

More topics from this board

» lol wow

kisami - May 3, 2008

5 by Sugram22 »»
Jan 4, 1:18 AM

» Hazumu - Transgender

Mimerio - Oct 27, 2015

7 by Sugram22 »»
Jan 4, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ Episode 7 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 30, 2009

16 by Sword_0 »»
Oct 9, 2023 11:28 PM

Poll: » Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ Episode 11 Discussion

14 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Sep 3, 2023 8:41 PM

Poll: » Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ Episode 10 Discussion

17 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Sep 3, 2023 8:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.