Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Magikano Episode 11 Discussion

May 30, 2009 8:56 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode actually had a lot working against it. I found there to be a lack of craziness and laughs for most of the episode. The most amusing parts are of course Yuri, Marin, and Maika’s fantasies, but those only lasted a few minutes in the first half. The rest of the episode seems like an attempt at a more drama-ish plot, but that ended up being rather bland. At the beginning, I had thought that maybe Haruo was depressed that Christmas Eve was coming because of something that had happened in the past on that day. But they took a much less exciting route than that. There’s also a considerable drop in animation quality, and I really didn’t care to hear their rendition of Jingle Bells. Like I said in this week’s Canvas2 entry, having a Christmas episode while it’s March in real life just isn’t the same as having it during December.

Sep 18, 2010 2:38 PM

awe Mamiya got a special present =) it was so cute... dude sh must have been heartbroken when she saw Haruo with that girl. . . and how could he jus ditch her like that when she fell??? that was so messed up!!! lol i loved all their daydreams of spending Christmas Eve with Haruo X3 lol bread raped in gold. . . AWESOME!!! and it was so sad in the beginning when he was all depressed =( awe well... i thought it was so funny when she didnt get a present at first... but then she did and i was like its so cute!!! hes so awakening!!! omg and i loved it how the his friends got kicked away XD all in all it was a GREAT epi!!!

Sep 2, 2012 7:13 AM

Nice xmas episode but yea woman are always directly going in the negative thinking method...

Still great episode up to the two last episodes :D

Nov 3, 2018 11:31 AM
Emibee💜

The cake shop employee is named Ran and she's meeting with her boyfriend Shinichi (Who almost looks like Shinichi from Detective Conan).
Wonder if that was supposed to be a reference to Detective Conan.

Also, this was a nice episode.