Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 10, 2014 5:23 AM

Nov 2013
I only ever fast forward recaps at the beginning of episodes as they can be extremely repetitive across long arcs.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Feb 10, 2014 5:24 AM
Apr 2013
Yes.

I only watch the first and last episode of a series and list it as completed.
Feb 10, 2014 5:29 AM
Dec 2013
I don't know why you would even skip any parts. Seriously, if you are skipping parts in an anime chances are you shouldn't be watching it.
Feb 10, 2014 5:32 AM

Jul 2011
Yes, i skip recaps, I don't know why you would don't even skip recaps.
Feb 10, 2014 5:32 AM

Nov 2013
Heredity said:
realise I'd been missing out on post-ED content that took place before the next episode preview.

I do admit to being a victim of this. Especially if the post ED content is a spoiler.
LoL summoner name: Dongblaster
Steam: We're Andr Attack
3DS FC 5472-7177-5620
Please PM me before adding any of these
Feb 10, 2014 6:28 AM

Sep 2010
Skip OP, ED, Next episode preview, and recap. But I always check for the after story thingy(?) they did after the ED.

Oh and sometimes i would also fast forward stuff like when I already knew that this scene would be boring, such as poorly animated battles or when the MC preach and speaks some cliched lines like you should gives up on revenge or how important bond/family is, stuff like that. IF i already saw it's original version, it's manga/ln/vn.
Feb 10, 2014 6:31 AM

Apr 2007
One anime I completed recently was so boring I watched the last two episodes at 2x speed just to get through it. Even 4x at some points. The plot/dialogue of this anime was so cliche, boring and straightforward that even at 4x speed the subs were still easier to read than The Tatami Galaxy's.
PondFeb 10, 2014 6:35 AM
Feb 10, 2014 6:33 AM

Mar 2008
Pond said:
One anime I completed recently was so boring I watched the last two episodes at 2x speed just to get through it.
Still going on about Fairy Earl?
Feb 10, 2014 6:43 AM

Aug 2013
I don't fast forward except for OP/ED. But even then I always watch the whole OP/ED at least once even if the music/visuals are terrible.

I feel that I would miss something actually good/important if I ever did that for the actual show. Yes even the Endless Eight..although I have to admit I was doing other stuff.
Feb 10, 2014 6:43 AM

Apr 2007
Ckan said:
Pond said:
One anime I completed recently was so boring I watched the last two episodes at 2x speed just to get through it.

Didn't think the title was worth mentioning but aye, it was Fairy and Earl. I think speeding it up was actually an improvement, because it made the 'there's no more money in our budget so we're going to use a lot of still images' syndrome less obvious.
Feb 10, 2014 6:48 AM

Mar 2008
Pond said:
Ckan said:
Pond said:

Didn't think the title was worth mentioning but aye, it was Fairy and Earl. I think speeding it up was actually an improvement, because it made the 'there's no more money in our budget so we're going to use a lot of still images' syndrome less obvious.
Ah, the things people put themselves through.

How does one watch at 2x speed? Does the learned viewer mute?
Feb 10, 2014 6:49 AM

Jan 2013
I usually skip OP and ED , but I've never fast forwarded an episode .
Feb 10, 2014 7:00 AM

Nov 2012
There is no point in watching a show if you are simply going to fast forward it. I would only do so if I am re-watching a scene in particular. If you are not enjoying it then drop it, nothing worse than debating a show with someone who talks shit about a series only to then have then admit to skipping sections of it. Watch it all or don't bother. I guess a recap episode would be my only exception, but I always watch those as well.
Feb 10, 2014 7:11 AM

Jan 2014
Forgetfulness said:
I don't skip anything cause I don't want to miss out on anything :/
I don't really get why people skip over the "boring" parts in anime and such; just wait til you watch one with a good plot that builds off itself and see how skipping over the details comes back to bite you in the ass

If a show has needs to get to a "boring part", assuming we're talking really crappy part and not just "slow build up", to get to a good part then it's not a good show, is it?

There's a difference between set up that helps improve the climax and just a badly executed 10 minute scene where it just brings the overall quality down.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2014 7:39 AM

Jul 2012
I don't skip any scenes besides some OPs and EDs. Seems like a waste of time watching something if you're just going to skip everything, you won't even get the proper character development or anything. Shouldn't be able to judge a show either if you skip scenes.
Feb 10, 2014 7:40 AM

Dec 2013
Not very often but I do skip some parts that I have a good feeling that it really doesn't have any significant value to the story, with being that I'm also bored with. A good example would be that I skimmed through a couple of the suitors in To-love ru.
Feb 10, 2014 7:47 AM

Oct 2010
If I think that what I'm watching is a waste of time, I simply stop.

Fast-forwarding is the same as not watching except you fool yourself into thinking that you actually watched it.
Feb 10, 2014 7:53 AM

Jan 2014
Forgetfulness said:
judals said:
Forgetfulness said:
I don't skip anything cause I don't want to miss out on anything :/
I don't really get why people skip over the "boring" parts in anime and such; just wait til you watch one with a good plot that builds off itself and see how skipping over the details comes back to bite you in the ass

If a show has needs to get to a "boring part", assuming we're talking really crappy part and not just "slow build up", to get to a good part then it's not a good show, is it?

There's a difference between set up that helps improve the climax and just a badly executed 10 minute scene where it just brings the overall quality down.
Meh, I know people that skip over the "slow build up" part as well

Yeah but if the anime is really stupid but it has a cool moment every now and then you just skip until you get to that part.

It's like watching cutscenes of a video game with good story but terrible gameplay.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2014 7:58 AM

Jun 2013
Skip the OP's and ED's, just a waste of time, literally.
But of course, the first time hearing the OP's and ED's is a "must" continue.
Feb 10, 2014 8:03 AM
Nov 2008
HaXXspetten said:
Heredity said:
Otouto said:
Sung-Hwan said:
Skipping OPs and EDs take away your enjoyment of an anime immensely (unless it's horrible), so I feel bad for those who do.

In your humble opinion, critic.
Well, sometimes you can miss things if you skip the OP/ED of an anime. When I was younger I'd skip the endings to get to the next episode, only to realise I'd been missing out on post-ED content that took place before the next episode preview.
the timeline sliders tend to be divided into sections though so if any such extra segments exist you'll generally know they're there beforehand
Unless the sub group doesn't add chapters, or you're watching a DVD/BR, or you're using a DVD/BR player, or you're using a gaming console... Yeah.
Feb 10, 2014 8:12 AM
Jul 2018
Mostly through OP/ED. Otherwise no, I never fast forward. I'll miss something good if I do usually.
Feb 10, 2014 8:13 AM

Oct 2008
OPs and EDs, besides that, only if its a battle that is taking to long.
Feb 10, 2014 8:15 AM

Jan 2014
I never skip anything in every anime I watch. It may have some boring parts but it's still part of the whole anime. I don't want to miss a single scene.
Feb 10, 2014 10:16 AM

Aug 2008
I'd always watch every moment when I watch stuff for the first time and I almost always love watching the openings. If its a good ending sequence Id watch/listen to that too but it never feels right skipping intros. Id only watch a flashback episode if I really feel like it, at the anime club or following something that is currently airing.

If I am rewatching something I might skip parts that really bore me. Depends how much I am paying attention really.
Feb 10, 2014 10:27 AM
Apr 2013
I never skip anything unless it's a recap (like the onesin SNK)
Feb 10, 2014 10:30 AM

Aug 2010
I normally watch everything. I don't watch recaps though, normally skip around to see if there is any new footage, because sometimes a show can be cruel and put plot in the middle of a recap. Normally at the end though.

I had a friend who skipped around a lot, or just half paid attention and multi tasked while a show was always running. I always wondered how he watched every episode of everything ever, and now I know. I gotta devote full attention to every second of the show to be fully immersed in it.
Feb 10, 2014 10:31 AM

Apr 2012
agree with OP.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Feb 10, 2014 10:41 AM

Oct 2012
I sometimes skip OPs and EDs, but that happens rarely. I mean, they have to be pretty bad for me to skip them. In terms of the actual anime content, I, pretty much, never fast forward through it. The only exceptions are recap episodes. As others have stated, if I am not enjoying an anime, I will just drop it. Fast forwarding through an anime that you don't like won't make it any better. There have been a few times where I was close to fast forwarding through certain scenes in an anime, but I eventually stopped myself from doing so.
Feb 10, 2014 10:44 AM

Jun 2013
I skip the OP and ED and I'll skip forward through flashbacks or looped scenes without any value sometimes.
Feb 10, 2014 11:11 AM

Feb 2013
Ckan said:
Pond said:
Ckan said:
Pond said:

Ah, the things people put themselves through.

How does one watch at 2x speed? Does the learned viewer mute?

I focus so much on reading the subs, and keeping up with the video, i dont mind the audio. Besides, VLC is very smart when speeding up audio, because it does not sound chipmunk-ish (like MPC)
Feb 10, 2014 11:54 AM

Apr 2013
I always watch the OP and ED at least once, then I can skip it. The OP usually sums up what kind of anime you're going to watch.

And I fast forward some series too but it's really rare. ( I do it with Magi season 2 for exp )
Feb 10, 2014 11:54 AM

Jun 2008
I always skip OP and ED after seeing it once. Only continue watching those i really like.

As for fast forward, i do it sometimes when a scene is boring and slow.
Feb 10, 2014 12:14 PM

Jan 2012
only the OP's end ED's like most people here... although hunter x hunter had like a recap episode every 15 episodes or something like that at first, and i ended up like skimming through those and was like 'eh.... im sure i've seen these bits' didn't realize it at first xD apart from that nah, if a show is that boring you may as well just not watch it, why waste time skipping through it?
Feb 10, 2014 12:20 PM

Nov 2013
I never skip anyhing. If I feel bored from watching an anime then I just drop it. If I am going to Watch an anime I want to see all of it. Sometimes I do something else wile the ending song is playing though.
Feb 10, 2014 12:25 PM

Jan 2008
I never fast forward 'content' of the episode. Tho I skip OP/EDs, if I don't like them.
-
Feb 10, 2014 12:53 PM

Jun 2013
Most OP/EDs. Some are good though, so I always listen to them.

There was one anime where I skipped the OP every time, so I never heard it. After finishing the show I listened to a full version of it and got addicted.
If you generalize, you're wrong.
Feb 10, 2014 12:55 PM

Mar 2013
I've never done it. But I admit that I'd love someone to filter the 100+ episodes of shitty filler for me once Naruto is over... if it's ever over.
Feb 10, 2014 12:56 PM

Sep 2013
I skip the op/ed if I don't like the song since I usually check twitter or something during that time. Sometimes I skip them all together though if I want to save time. I always watch the full episode though unless its a recap episode or the first half is recap.
Feb 10, 2014 1:39 PM
Dec 2013
TRI_Mike said:
But I admit that I'd love someone to filter the 100+ episodes of shitty filler for me once Naruto is over... if it's ever over.

Its ending next year...most likely in November or December
Feb 10, 2014 1:47 PM

Sep 2012
I skip OP and ED songs otherwise I am a hardcore completionist, I really am.
Feb 10, 2014 2:41 PM

Jan 2014
Ryugen said:
I'll listen to the OP and ED and take that time to browse the interwebz.

But no, I never fastforward through scenes. I like to savor every moment.

Same!

I never, ever fast forward.

Feb 10, 2014 2:57 PM

Nov 2012
I find myself skipping thru the silly moments.. unless its actually funny (which 82% of the time its NOT)... I really hate it when you want the plot to progress... But then you hear some upbeat music. Then you know that 7 minutes of generic foolishness which does not help the story happens..

I'm getting old..
Feb 10, 2014 3:00 PM

Jan 2014
Sometime I skip some parts of my "guilty pleasure anime" like Naruto. Because of alot of fillers. I usually watch op and ed the first episode, but the rest I skip them.
Melon
Feb 10, 2014 3:01 PM

Nov 2013
The only thing I have ever skipped are the fillers during Naruto's Pain arc and the ED off most animes.
Feb 10, 2014 3:01 PM
Mar 2012
Only nincompoops would do something like that.

Shit thread.
Feb 10, 2014 3:17 PM

Jun 2013
why would anyone skip anything?
Feb 10, 2014 3:21 PM
Dec 2013
It depends on the show.
Feb 10, 2014 3:22 PM

Nov 2010
Depends on the OP and ED to if I'll skip it(though I usually skip the ED). For the actual anime, almost only when it's an anime I've already watched and if I do, it's only like 2 minutes worth. I don't like those second hand embarrassment scenes.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - 7 hours ago

34 by Tsuyatoash »»
51 seconds ago

» Ruined after Serial Experiments Lain [Spoilers]

zaitec - May 6, 2017

14 by bacassu »»
3 minutes ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - 47 minutes ago

9 by Tsuyatoash »»
5 minutes ago

» Can someone help me find this anime's name?

Angelblue1852 - 23 minutes ago

0 by Angelblue1852 »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - 9 hours ago

19 by Archean-Return »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.