3It was OK
10.8%
2Disliked it
1.1%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.5
93 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 30, 2009 6:39 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The episode is more about Misaki and Yuuji. Chocolates is the thing as Valentine’s Day is coming up. I enjoyed it because Misaki is considering giving chocolates to Yuuji and everything else pretty much started from that^^ The end is very lovely when Misaki decided to starts as friends with Yuuji :D
ShanaFlameMay 30, 2009 8:21 PM
May 30, 2009 9:48 PM

Dec 2007
I love how koyoi and ayumi figured out the complicated love square and how their brothers/love interests connect.
Jun 1, 2009 6:40 PM

Sep 2008
othic said:
I love how koyoi and ayumi figured out the complicated love square and how their brothers/love interests connect.
Yeah Koyoi is pretty amazing. <3
I almost feel bad for her brother though. It's just that the relationship web is so intricate that there's always somebody that's going to be hurt... well except for a few, but I'm hurt that Enamoto is with Kappa face.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2009 10:08 PM

Jun 2008
lol ayumi nice kick
Jun 1, 2009 10:16 PM
Sep 2008
is it just me or did anyone dislike the change they made with the chocolate bomb?
Jun 1, 2009 11:03 PM
Oct 2007
Inscitia said:
is it just me or did anyone dislike the change they made with the chocolate bomb?

I don't dislike it but I do think the original bomber situation was a lot funnier. This wasn't so bad though. They de-emphasized the bomber and focused more on Misaki and Yuuji and the love square/polygon, whatever it is. They also did well with the symbolism/metaphor that love is a bomb--it is sudden and "explosive". I thought it played out cutely enough, just not as hilarious.

Ahh, and I can't wait to see more Chikura next episode. Her story is slower than the rest but it's sweet and beautiful. =)
Jun 2, 2009 3:59 AM

Apr 2008
wat a kick xD lols ... the chocolate just fly away xD haha~ there's no such thing as this in real life lols

Jun 2, 2009 5:52 AM

May 2008
this show indeed has the most complicated love story i every seen,it makes most characters related to each other . Yet its still funny haha

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 2, 2009 9:28 AM

Aug 2008
CHOCOLATE BOMB, SAY BYE! *can't stop laughing*

It wasn't that great of an episode imo, too much pointless tension maybe? But I remember my high school years so I know where was all this coming from. Anyway, the jokes were hilarious!!

*still laughing*
Jun 2, 2009 11:24 AM

Oct 2007
the action with a chocolate bomb was actually pretty funny;3
Jun 2, 2009 11:45 AM

Sep 2007
Man this episode kinda hurt....I was in a situation where I liked a girl that liked my friend.

It reminds me of a song too.

It hurts - angels an airwaves

All in all a so-so episode. To many hurt people.
Jun 2, 2009 4:03 PM
May 2008
Alright episode I guess but a lot of the tension was unnecessary imo. "Chocolate Bomb, SAY BYE!!!" best part of the whole episode XD.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jun 2, 2009 5:06 PM

Dec 2007
NeloDeath said:
Alright episode I guess but a lot of the tension was unnecessary imo. "Chocolate Bomb, SAY BYE!!!" best part of the whole episode XD.

Well, I believe that "say bye" part is a translation error. Ayumi actually says "Bakudan choko, seibai! (爆弾チョコ、成敗!)" which means literally "chocolate bomb punished!)

Still funny though ;^^
Jun 2, 2009 6:20 PM

May 2008
Kvakond said:
CHOCOLATE BOMB, SAY BYE! *can't stop laughing*

It wasn't that great of an episode imo, too much pointless tension maybe? But I remember my high school years so I know where was all this coming from. Anyway, the jokes were hilarious!!

*still laughing*
i agree,
but still it was funny i still can't stop LMAO.
Jun 2, 2009 7:25 PM

Nov 2008
Roxkis said:
It hurts - angels an airwaves
Good song.
Jun 2, 2009 9:56 PM

Nov 2006
this was the best episode yet. hilarious, and i like the way misaki handled her mamoru-bessho situation. i wish enomoto would have given actual chocolate to kusuda though. rude.
Jun 2, 2009 11:00 PM

May 2008
Best episode so far for me. I am absolutely loving the characters more and more every week.

Ayumi and Koyoi were just so <3 in this one. The whispering under the desk was great. :D
Jun 2, 2009 11:47 PM

Jan 2007
An episode focused on Misaki is an auto win. I didn't mind the changes from the manga with the whole bomb thing cause despite its hilarity, it was kinda ridiculous.
Jun 3, 2009 12:46 AM

Sep 2008
Very funny episode, really like the way the romance plots are going too. Even though i was a bit let down by the end of the episode there needed to be trigger with misaki since there's still 4 episodes to go. Still one of my favourites this season.
Jun 3, 2009 1:36 AM

Oct 2008
nice Ayumi kick!

Jun 3, 2009 1:38 AM

Jul 2008
Faust721 said:
An episode focused on Misaki is an auto win.
The entire episode summed up in one sentence. Very nice.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Jun 3, 2009 1:59 AM

Sep 2007
I was so disappointed when the person knocking Misaki over was a girl and not a guy. I immediately figured the've changed the bomb-story and I was SO looking forward to that. That was one of my favorite parts... Why did they even include the name "chocolate bomber" into the title when he doesn't even appear?

Well, at least I now have a good argument in my inner dispute of "9 or fav'd-10? rating?". I think the latter is not possible anymore. :(
Jun 3, 2009 2:08 AM

May 2009
resistance against the Demon King is useless ( well it's actually Queen but...yeah) all of you feel her wrath hahahahhaha!!!! this ep was full of win ;3 hopefully there is going to be a second season, cuz it's just 12 ep and that's too short -_-

Why don't you show me your so called "justice" - Hakumen
Jun 3, 2009 2:33 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Another crazy and very funny episode. Not enough Dobashi but still enjoyable.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 3, 2009 3:20 AM

Jul 2008
Episode was just kinda out there, I did like Ayumi's paralyzing chocolate. And of course I love me some Misaki, so an episode of her trying to figure things out is an automatic pass with me.
Jun 3, 2009 6:25 AM

Jul 2008
haha total chaos. hell it was entertaining^^

Jun 3, 2009 6:44 AM

Dec 2008
I love this anime, but hate it when someone get's hurt.
Didn't like this episode, it's too sad for Bessho and Mamoru.
Also, I wanted to see some Kusuda and Enomoto romance, but didn't go so well :(

I really hope, in the end, no one is left heartbroken.
But I'm a bit scared the changes of the characters will be too big for that to work.

Hope some of it get's fixed next episode. Gotta wait another week :(
Jun 3, 2009 7:15 AM

Sep 2007
Noblesse_Oblige said:
hopefully there is going to be a second season, cuz it's just 12 ep and that's too short -_-

Unlikely, the Manga was that short as well with its 33 chapters...
Jun 3, 2009 7:49 AM

May 2009
Spade said:
Noblesse_Oblige said:
hopefully there is going to be a second season, cuz it's just 12 ep and that's too short -_-

What really??? i never read the manga but wow just wow. so that means it doesn't have an ending just a random harem ending.........

Jun 3, 2009 8:22 AM

Mar 2008
One of the best episodes up until now. Many funny scenes.

Progress on several characters and it's complicated enough for me to enjoy it.

Looking really forward to the next episode.
Jun 3, 2009 10:24 AM
May 2008
Kokujin-kun said:
NeloDeath said:

Well, I believe that "say bye" part is a translation error. Ayumi actually says "Bakudan choko, seibai! (爆弾チョコ、成敗!)" which means literally "chocolate bomb punished!)

Still funny though ;^^

Oh, I wasn't really paying that close attention so I didn't notice. Thanks for clearing that up.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jun 3, 2009 10:28 AM

Apr 2008
great episode!
...that sums it all i believe
Jun 3, 2009 11:17 AM

Sep 2007
Noblesse_Oblige said:
Spade said:
Noblesse_Oblige said:

What really??? i never read the manga but wow just wow. so that means it doesn't have an ending just a random harem ending.........

Because it was so short, many people believed a rumor that it was canclled... I myself believed it until just a few weeks ago, because even the way it ends (I won't spoil it) kinda supported that rumor in my eyes. It was rather unusual and sudden. When chapter 32 (my mistake, it's 32 not 33) suddenly said "Fin", I didn't believe it. >.>
Jun 3, 2009 9:37 PM

Sep 2007
I want Misaki to give me chocolate. ._.
Jun 3, 2009 11:13 PM
Jun 4, 2009 1:17 AM

May 2009
Spade said:
Noblesse_Oblige said:
Spade said:
Noblesse_Oblige said:

Because it was so short, many people believed a rumor that it was canclled... I myself believed it until just a few weeks ago, because even the way it ends (I won't spoil it) kinda supported that rumor in my eyes. It was rather unusual and sudden. When chapter 32 (my mistake, it's 32 not 33) suddenly said "Fin", I didn't believe it. >.>
Damn, that's not a good sign dude......

Jun 4, 2009 3:07 AM

Sep 2007
Noblesse_Oblige said:
Spade said:
Noblesse_Oblige said:
Spade said:
Noblesse_Oblige said:

Damn, that's not a good sign dude......

I kinda liked the ending but I predict that the overall rating of this show will drop after the last episode because it's not what most people expect. :(
So do yourself a favour and don't expect anything... "endy".
Jun 4, 2009 12:58 PM

Dec 2007
How about you just watch the ending first? Personally, I thought it fit the series perfectly. There's no need to make these kinds of posts Spade.

Such is life...
Jun 4, 2009 1:28 PM

Sep 2007
Which part of "I liked the ending" did you not read? I just remember many people not liking the ending and I see no reason why the Anime watchers will react differently...
Jun 4, 2009 3:30 PM

Dec 2007
Spade said:
Which part of "I liked the ending" did you not read? I just remember many people not liking the ending and I see no reason why the Anime watchers will react differently...

Fair enough. Even so, I don't believe you had to mention that you (or other people) didn't think it had a particularly "good" ending, especially when it (the show) hasn't ended yet.

Such is life...
Jun 4, 2009 9:32 PM

Jan 2009
The characters and plot developement in this series are great! Seeing Yamamoto accept her feelings was great and Enomoto giving Kusuda chocolate was a nice touch. I wonder what's going to happen to Mamoru and Yoshihiko now that they've been rejected.

This series deserves a higher rating and more viewers! Spread the word!

Jun 5, 2009 2:32 AM

Aug 2008
And the Love web becomes more complex,

Time for more Doki Doki times!

Jun 5, 2009 3:46 AM

May 2008
The episode is more about Misaki and Yuuji. Chocolates is the thing as Valentine’s Day is coming up. I enjoyed it because Misaki is considering giving chocolates to Yuuji and everything else pretty much started from that^^ The end is very lovely when Misaki decided to starts as friends with Yuuji
Jun 5, 2009 9:25 AM

Dec 2008
great episode

too bad that I mixed up Zaitsu, Mamoru and Bessho, Yoshihiko XD

I like Kusuda x Enomoto

my ep rating
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2009 10:10 AM

Dec 2008
Last week I didn't expect much from this episode, cuz I thought the whole love square was a bit silly, just a bit XD. But I really enjoyed it! I really like how Misaki handled things and I really don't like how Ayumi and Koyoi handled things. Then again, they are in middle school - so what do I expect XD?

For some odd reason, my heart really went out to Bessho but not so much for Mamoru. I have no idea why. Maybe because in Mamoru's case, we all know the likelihood of his love working out is very low. And Bessho...awww man, poor guy :(. I think I have a slight crush on him :P.

As always, I'm loving the tidbits of Kusuda x Kei <3 ~
Jun 5, 2009 12:51 PM

Sep 2008
ColdBeans said:
his series deserves a higher rating and more viewers! Spread the word!

I agree and Misaki is awesome :D

Jun 5, 2009 4:25 PM

Feb 2009
robbydesu said:
Last week I didn't expect much from this episode, cuz I thought the whole love square was a bit silly, just a bit XD. But I really enjoyed it! I really like how Misaki handled things and I really don't like how Ayumi and Koyoi handled things. Then again, they are in middle school - so what do I expect XD?

For some odd reason, my heart really went out to Bessho but not so much for Mamoru. I have no idea why. Maybe because in Mamoru's case, we all know the likelihood of his love working out is very low. And Bessho...awww man, poor guy :(. I think I have a slight crush on him :P.

As always, I'm loving the tidbits of Kusuda x Kei <3 ~

I felt more sorry For Bessho too :(!! and I don't know why either lol
Jun 6, 2009 9:52 AM

Dec 2007
Wow. I haven't really liked this that much so far, but this episode was great.
Jun 7, 2009 2:09 AM

Jan 2009
Aww man, why did they leave out Bomberman and his REAL bomb. xD
Jun 7, 2009 7:10 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
lol @when they were whispering under their desks :P
p r o f i l e 👀
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hatsukoi Limited Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

japanme32 - Apr 11, 2009

152 by CosmicGirl08 »»
Feb 28, 8:30 AM

Poll: » Hatsukoi Limited Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Annisa - Jun 27, 2009

147 by oooo3333 »»
Jan 14, 12:37 AM

» season 2

Californiaa - Nov 18, 2012

3 by Archfiend836 »»
Oct 22, 2023 7:41 AM

Poll: » Hatsukoi Limited Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Jun 5, 2009

108 by darreney »»
Sep 17, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Hatsukoi Limited Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - May 16, 2009

88 by Andrias12 »»
Jan 10, 2021 6:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.