Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2009 1:36 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sirius’s wounds start to get healed by the Aquarion after Apollo forces Vector Mars into a gattai. As the Solar Aquarion battles Toma’s Cherubim, the light particles from its wings start to pollinate the tree of life, making it glow brightly. However, it soon stops and starts to wither instead. Toma is caught off guard by the dying tree, and his Cherubim gets destroyed. With the tree of life dead, the world begins to crumble and separate. Through Apollonius’ help, Apollo realizes that Shadow Angels are a necessary part of the equation in order to fully awaken Aquarion. Toma uses the opportunity to teleport change with Reika, and takes Vector Luna to below the tree of life. Silvia tries to chase him with Apollo and Sirius, but gets attacked by Otoha in her Cherubim head. She’s saved by Pierre, Reika, and Rena. They form Aquarion Alpha and dispose of Otoha once and for all. Silvia flies to the base of the tree and uses her spirit to go below. In their efforts to gattai, Sirius, Toma, and Apollo have all formed the Head versions of their respective Vectors. With Gen Fudo’s guidance, Silvia finds a warm light borne in darkness. She uses it to subdue and calm the three bathed in dark, and with Apollo’s help, she combines them into a powerful Aquarion.

In front of Aquarion, Apollo appears to Silvia one last time and kisses her. The three pilots, finally in tune with one another, use Aquarion’s ultimate power to rebind the world together, sealing them inside in the process. The world revives, with all of the lives restored including Chibiko’s. Waking from what seems to be a dream she sees Silvia but no Apollo. Silvia tells her that Apollo will come back, someday surely.
Aug 14, 2009 8:57 PM
Feb 2009
Happy yet sad ending :( "he will come back someday" aww
Dec 31, 2010 1:59 PM
Sep 2010
The ending was not what I was expecting and a bit cliche, but it was fine nevertheless.

This was an interesting series.
Uploader53
Aug 12, 2011 12:21 PM

Mar 2010
lol, kawamori ending

A-I-SHI-TE-RUUUUUU
Oct 23, 2011 12:16 PM
Dec 2010
I can't belive they planned second season already during making first .. ehm i mean let's see in 12 000 years ? And where's secod season with new cast and 12 000 years after ? Yeah comming soon i know :P
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Jan 13, 2012 6:12 PM

Aug 2011
Why didnt i read the forums before i started this BS anime...., i could have saved myself from this f*cked up total BS ending!!!!!! i feel like punching dolphins after sitting thru 26 episodes and hoping to god that it would have a good ending; to make up for all the gay crap this anime had..., and what do i get? Apollo leaves and it ends!!!! Srsly WTF!!!!
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Feb 3, 2012 8:25 AM

Oct 2010
ok so where did this went wrong? Like seriously the story was kinda there and i expected to give this a solid 8 by episode 18~... but seriously what craptastic way to end it.

Shounen Ai should be added to genre... this goes a little over the bromance -.-
huh?
Mar 11, 2012 9:33 PM

Jan 2011
Lots of tragic romance all around here. Only Pierre has a chance to be united with the girl since both Sirius and Apollo are catching the millenial train to their next incarnation. On the other hand, their sacrifice this time around might mean that we can have a happy ending in Aquarian Evol (the eight year delayed sequel with a new bunch of incarnations--and better animation). Shounen Ai? I don't think so. The only actual relationship was between Apollonian and Toma, and I don't think it works quite that way with angels, although it obviously did between Angel Apollonian and human Sellane.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 2, 2012 4:59 PM
May 2012
To be honest i loved the ending... it really wasnt much of an ending... as a matter of fact i dislike the new Series... the story is to confusing to tell who is reincarnated into who... i really would loved to see Apollo and Sylvia get a happy ending... it was really sad and really tocuhed my heart when they both split... the only thing i disliked about this anime is that they didnt give apollo and Sylvia enough romance time xD... it felt as if it was rushed...
Aug 7, 2012 3:47 AM

Jan 2012
good comedy... on to EVOL
Sep 15, 2012 4:51 AM
May 2012
I'm surprised to see people hating on the ending.
Sure it was a bit cliche, but I really enjoyed it.

After finishing this series I felt complete in a sense. Most animes make me wanting a second+ season, but with Aquarion they left no room for that which I like.

Anyways, I'm glad I got around to watching this series and now on to Evol! =)
Psycho_ShockerSep 16, 2012 7:26 AM
Oct 11, 2012 2:18 AM

Jun 2008
Damn that was one horribly made show. First it had more episodes than it needed just feeling time with random stupid shit and second the story was mediocre and told badly.
I'm still surprised i managed to see it until the end.
Jul 30, 2013 7:43 AM

Feb 2011
Am I the only one, who really disliked ending??? Gattai with Shadow Angel??? I'm sorry - WHAT??? It was watchable during all story but to make such an awful ending??? I knew, that Apollo would die, but I'd never think that in way like this... Ending totally ruined my opinion on this anime... Hope EVOL will be much better!!!!
Aug 7, 2013 8:49 PM
May 2013
Evol isn't really better. I do Love Mikono <3 And Silvia and Reika:)) I look like Reika. Yeah I liked the ending,It was sad and Happy tail to.

I wished season 2 had English Dub for it and the same characters in it to..but oh well, we start a new age of Aquarion
May 24, 2014 2:18 AM

Jan 2010
And with that, vectors have saved the world.

I...Think I'm done with Aquarion for a while. I don't think I'll be able to stomach Evol anytime soon.
Jul 24, 2014 8:43 AM

Aug 2012
The series turned out better than expected overall. Truthfully, when starting it off, I was expecting it to be pretty bad/boring. Never been a fan of mecha anime, other than maybe Neon Genesis Evangelion. Turned out to be entertaining at points, quite a few twists in the story, even a fairly good final battle.

However, the ending was bitter-sweet, and I was expecting a sweet ending, unfortunately. I loved that Apollo and Silvia finally kissed, about damn time... but then Apollo supposedly dies along with Sirius and what's-his-name, leaving all of Apollo's friends and Silvia wondering where he could have gone to.

I expected it to be something like Sirius and what's-is-name kicking Apollo out to take care of everyone and sacrificing themselves. It would have been better, cause I really hated Sirius, and Silvia's brother complex wont end so she can be with Apollo unless he dies. I guess that won't be happening anytime soon.

Series was good overall, but ending left much to be desired... by me at least.
Nov 12, 2014 3:14 PM

Sep 2014
it wasn't a master piece, or a the great show, but aquarion was enjoyable. The main problem was the pacing, and their effort to make the show confusing, to try to make it deeper. The story was great, but the focus wasn´t
Dec 16, 2014 5:25 PM

Sep 2014
As much of a drag this story was it still made somewhat of a decent ending. If they did not hada s much filler to try to explain everything, which they still failed on doing, it would have been a better anime. Sadly I don't see myself watching the sequel just of how much I didn't like this.
4/10

"Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy."
Nov 15, 2015 7:28 AM
May 2013
choyos said:
ok so where did this went wrong? Like seriously the story was kinda there and i expected to give this a solid 8 by episode 18~... but seriously what craptastic way to end it.

Shounen Ai should be added to genre... this goes a little over the bromance -.-

Yep , I agree .
This is overrated , I also picked this up because 3rd season , subbed in my language(bad subs btw) and it has a score > 7 .
Plot holes were everywhere ...
Mar 27, 2016 8:37 AM
Sep 2010
I watched evol and enjoyed it, so I watched this. I also enjoyed it. I'm glad it had more of the inconsequential episodes, because those were the best parts of both shows. The main plot is the weakest part of both shows.
Nov 10, 2016 2:23 PM

Jul 2013
I thought it was really amazing!

Although not quite what I expected! lol.

I am glad Sirius’ wound healed and he didn’t die! Yay <3

I did not expect Sirius, Apollo and Touma to merge to create Solar Wing and save the Earth after it was nearly destroyed, after Silvia showed them all the light and made them all realise both parties had feelings - weirdly they didn’t know apparently lol.

The male threesome was apparently the hottest and heaviest as they all said it felt best lol!

They are all hot <3

It was almost like a Disney kind of happy ending.

It was cute when Apollo kissed Silvia and she had said their souls knew each other when the world began, awww!

It seems now maybe those 3 are all just living up in a winged cube in the sky that only Fudo knows about lol.

Well, I absolutely adored the entire series and back story to it! I also loved the characters!

It said “I hope to be continued” at the end and it happened years later lol.

Now I have to watch Evol and Logos and see what they are like!
Jan 31, 2018 5:57 PM

Nov 2012
Quite a lot of negative comments. What is bad about the ending? I can't really come up with an anime with such "self-sacrificing" and a bit of bitter-sweet ending (though could have developed it a bit more or at least give us what happened years later in the credits instead the episode compilation).
I have a feeling that most of you hated it because of the sublime shounen ai vibes. The only "same gender" love was between Apollonius and Toma, and since the Greek times (and probably before too) gods and other heavenly beings had coitus with many beings, even animals....
Back to the story, it was lacking till the last few episodes, but they needed to be to somewhat develop the character and give us a feeling of mystery and intrigue. Could it go with less episodes -> Yes. The heartbroken Pierre and dream episode could have been dropped and a few battles in the beginning didn't need to be a monster of the week type.
I love the refrain of the of Sousei no Aquarion, the second OP wasn't bad either and the first ending was surprising. The rest :meh:. Nothing in the OST really stood out (not counting the OP/ED).
The art didn't really shock me as something special. And the reused animations for some sequence were boring to watch, I'd even say that we didn't need those arrows and finger pointing in the last ep.
Overall I enjoyed it. Will I watch the continuation, maybe but first I need some work to be done.
May 14, 2020 11:47 PM

Jun 2010
While I've come to like some of the characters like Reika, Tsugumi and somewhat Sylvia. The story honestly was quite a mess from start to finish.
Sep 14, 2020 7:35 PM
Oct 2019
Only aquarion can pollinate the tree? So how did they pollinate it before aquarion was created? And I don't understand what exactly triggered aquarion to start pixie dusting the tree.

This whole "an angel needs to be on board" doesn't make sense. Isn't Apollo the reincarnation? Isn't apollonius aquarion?

Apollo breaks his promise to never leave blondie princess ever again. Twice in one episode, in fact.

Kind of absurd that blondie just touched them all and they all just basically work together for the good of humanity and angels. They had to sacrifice themselves to save the world? So blondie won't be with Apollo again until they both reincarnate in the future? Bizarre

So many things not explained.

Decent series. Started out strong (8/10) before becoming really bad somewhere in the episode 5-10 range. Rebounded back a little bit and concluded at 7/10.

Really think they probably could've made that 16 really good episodes if they cut out some of the filler-like junk. Oh well. I'll give the sequel a chance
Feb 28, 5:30 PM

Sep 2020
Rewatched this before I finally got around to the sequels and it was just as amazing as it was the 1st time 12,000 years ago! Loved it all: the story, all the characters, and the music. The mech stuff could've been a tad better but it served its purpose and got pretty intense at times along the way. And when the theme songs kick in during the fights it was pure hype! Personally, I consider it a spiritual successor to GaoGaiGar.

10 Neon Genesis Evangeliorgasms /10
SlammyHammyFeb 28, 5:33 PM
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousei no Aquarion Episode 6 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 30, 2009

10 by magatetus »»
Aug 31, 2023 10:31 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Aquarion Episode 1 Discussion

cantius - Jun 2, 2010

14 by magatetus »»
Aug 31, 2023 7:42 AM

Poll: » Sousei no Aquarion Episode 20 Discussion

10 by THE-Black-Mage »»
Jul 13, 2023 5:55 PM

» A little question about the wings of Sylvia and Sirius.

OingoBingo - Jul 1, 2023

0 by OingoBingo »»
Jul 1, 2023 6:48 AM

Poll: » Sousei no Aquarion Episode 19 Discussion

22 by EmmyMoomin »»
Nov 19, 2022 1:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.