Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 10, 2007 11:46 AM

Jun 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Takano and the Yamainu versus the gang, Kasai and Akasaka. It's an all out war. Next episode is the final episode. It's been one hell of a ride. I'm gonna be sad to see it end.
Dec 10, 2007 1:15 PM

Oct 2007
Awesome episode yet again, though i can't imagine anything can top last episode.

Oh and i just got higurashi Rei as the last one i miss in the series. Thank god i can play that while waiting for episodes. I'm not sure what i should do when the series is done TT_TT

My dear weak spacenoids. THAT LEVEL OF LOVE CAN'T BREAK MY BODY OF STEEL!
Dec 15, 2007 9:47 PM

Feb 2007
nodoka-koi said:
I'm not sure what i should do when the series is done TT_TT

One option is to commit suicide. Though I doubt anyone will do that.

ANYWAY, another impressive episode. Not quite as spectacular as the previous episode, but it left a very great cliffhanger, and Kasai kicked ass. Words can't describe how sad I feel for Shion right about now.
Dec 15, 2007 10:21 PM

Nov 2007
Love it love it! So much action lol! Guys totally kicking ass for sure! And the kids really had awesome teamwork! Hanyuu was funny. ;3 I kinda got disappointed with Satoshi and Shion but oh well, at least it wasn't so bad! There's still more room! I can't even believe there's only one episode left! I don't want it to end yet haha. But wow. I soo did not expect that cliffhanger at the end! Hopefully Tomitake and Akasaka won't die!! Well Akasaka won't LOL but Tomitake. T_T I'm excited for the next! Looking forward to it, but then not really because it's the last one. =[ Hopefully it will top all the other episodes off. <3 This really is one of the best anime. ;D
Dec 15, 2007 10:21 PM

Jul 2007
Nice ep... Well i didnt enjoyed it so much cause all the time i was thinking "1 more ep 1 more ep" :(
Well anyway.... Funny how every1 fells right into Satokos traps.. :P
I still wonder what will happen to Rena if Mion goes with Keichi :(
Dec 15, 2007 10:33 PM

Aug 2007
I can't believe there's only one more episode left T-T
It definitely went by too fast... I need more Kai!
And Rena and Keiichi all the way!
Dec 16, 2007 2:53 AM

Nov 2007
Ah 1 ore left yea.
I cried a little here with the Shion Satoshi part, I wonder if it will be alright
Dec 16, 2007 8:50 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I'm usually a die hard Higurashi fan but the last episodes haven't been as good as season one episodes. Still enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to the grand final.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 16, 2007 8:52 AM

Nov 2007
oh no! It's almost over! What do I do?! Well since I just modded my PS2 I think I'll get the game =D

Dec 16, 2007 9:48 AM

Sep 2007
a good episode, only 1 more to go hauuu~~
anyway i dont think that much will happen in the last episode, the good guys faction clearly win imo. now i am pretyy sure that it turn out to be a happy end, not that i am against it. but something unexpected could happen too.
Dec 16, 2007 11:02 AM

Nov 2007
also, omg, a LIVE-ACTION version of Higurashi is coming out, can u believe that?! Although I dunno if it's gonna be as good as the original anime, but still, that's awesome.
Dec 16, 2007 1:42 PM

Jun 2007
Somehow, except for the Shion meets Satoshi part (which was indeed very sad TT-TT), I found this ep rather funny. I mean, as much as I love Higurashi, I feel that the last eps have been exaggerated a bit.
Am waiting anxiously for ep 24 though. It's Higurashi, so we might never know what will happen.
Dec 16, 2007 2:43 PM
Oct 2007
This ep was, hmm, weak? Whatever, I'm just thinking about 24 ep. Takano is going to be abandoned and will die in struggle, at last! ;d

And live-action if true, amazing o_O
Dec 16, 2007 3:07 PM

Aug 2007
This episode was great and I really cant wait until the last episode.
Dec 16, 2007 3:23 PM

Nov 2007
The best thing about this episode was the "JUST AS AUAU~D" part. (Translator's Note: Auau~d means Planned) Other than that, this whole season has turned into overexaggerated, unspectacular anime cliches since about Episode 13. I understand Japan's concern about violence in their media after what happened with that girl, but this has just taken it to a new level; this is becoming more and more like some family friendly show, and it's bordering on ridiculous, especially after the heaviness of the beginning of the season and the heaviness of the first season. If i wanted to watch cartoonish campy violence with decidedly shallow plot substance, I would turn on my TV and flip to CN. Here's hoping the ending proves to be good, otherwise season 2 is definitely going to be forgettable to me.
Dec 16, 2007 3:44 PM

Nov 2007
After such an awesome buildup over the beginning of the season, it just feels lately like they're stretching the content too thin or something. This episode especially felt kind of forced, I still enjoyed it, but it just seemed to be below average from what I've come to expect of the series.
Dec 16, 2007 4:05 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
FunGao said:
After such an awesome buildup over the beginning of the season, it just feels lately like they're stretching the content too thin or something. This episode especially felt kind of forced, I still enjoyed it, but it just seemed to be below average from what I've come to expect of the series.

And I thought I was the only one posting like that. Let's hope for a worthy ending.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 16, 2007 4:10 PM

Jun 2007
another episode where the group ends with almost everything perfectly... really, its cliche to say the less.

i am a mion x keiichi fan, but, rena is too cute, so i wouldnt mind a rena x keiichi... wait... this anime is not a romance, what am i talking about...

the part where shion saw satoshi was indeed sad, but, it seemed like satoshi was crying too, i had to rewind to see that...
anyways, the final episode should be good.. and the live-action should be... interesting
Dec 16, 2007 4:23 PM

Jun 2007
Pirotechnix said:
The best thing about this episode was the "JUST AS AUAU~D" part. (Translator's Note: Auau~d means Planned) Other than that, this whole season has turned into overexaggerated, unspectacular anime cliches since about Episode 13. I understand Japan's concern about violence in their media after what happened with that girl, but this has just taken it to a new level; this is becoming more and more like some family friendly show, and it's bordering on ridiculous, especially after the heaviness of the beginning of the season and the heaviness of the first season. If i wanted to watch cartoonish campy violence with decidedly shallow plot substance, I would turn on my TV and flip to CN. Here's hoping the ending proves to be good, otherwise season 2 is definitely going to be forgettable to me.

The murder has nothing to do it. This is how the visual novel is. And "shallow plot?" please. Higurashi has one of the richest plots out there. Everything has already been answered. The last few episodes are about stopping Takano and the Yamainu. If you think the plot is shallow then you weren't paying attention for the past 48 episodes. From your compliant about the violence, seems you're just upset that there's no gore or killing. If you're still watching the series for that then you're looking in the wrong place.
Dec 16, 2007 4:41 PM

Feb 2007
I thought the lesson that the characters have learnt in these final 2 worlds is that Bloody Murder is not the solution. I keep wondering what some Higurashi watchers expected of Season 2. Whether they came back for the gore, or for the solution. I pretty much agree with MarthX on this one.

I want to see the "True End" animated. Well, I better find the PS2 game after Episode 24, or else suicide is the final option. Hey, why do I keep mentioning suicide? 0_0
Dec 16, 2007 5:47 PM

Nov 2007
Over-all good ep. As most people were saying earlier it is going too perfect and is a little cliche. The second season was really different that the first. But this is still one of my favorite animes.
Dec 16, 2007 6:31 PM

Aug 2007
They should have aired Miotsukushi-hen instead of Matsuribayashi-hen...The 'good' ending of Higurashi is just too perfect compared to the twisted themes of the previous arcs. The 'true' ending should have been aired, shame...

Kai started losing its flair after the Minagoroshi-hen arc. The story telling is still great, but aren't things just a little too perfect in this world?

Then we have the crappy animation...can't we at least get one episode where I can drool over the Sakuga? I find myself laughing at some portions due to the disproportionate sizes of the characters...

Still a great anime though...here's to Hirameki or Atlus porting Higurashi Matsuri...need some good news to alleviate the somewhat incoming crappy ending of Kai ='(
Dec 16, 2007 9:22 PM

Jul 2007
I'm just glad i was able to finally find out what happened to Satoshi... although i really want to see if he ever gets better. >.<

Poor Shion. =(
Dec 17, 2007 12:26 AM

Nov 2006
Wow, I really wasn't expecting all of the hating on this episode, and apparently on the entire second half of Kai.

Like MarthX said, what else is there really to do? Would violence REALLY solve things now? The reason WHY the good end is happening is because there are no deaths of friends and no one left behind.

PimpToad said:
The story telling is still great, but aren't things just a little too perfect in this world?
Wouldn't it have to be perfect for the good ending to happen? That's the way I always interpreted it; that everything would have to be a certain way, everyone would have to be thinking a certain way for it to turn out "well".

And about the cliche thing...HOW is any of this ep/any of Higger at all cliche? Someone please explain it to me. I don't know if it's because I'm hella tired or I'm just a complete idiot, but I'mmmm just not seeing it.
Dec 17, 2007 1:18 AM

Oct 2007
If we wanted to see happy ending, wouldn't we watch soap operas?

Animation in this episode was way below awerage.

Also that was so unrealistic when Kasai scared those guards so badly that they didn't even fight back when he opened the door. Weren't they supposed to be "the best hitmen squad" or something? Pros don't act like that...

Physics was awkward. When logs fell on those three guys, one of them was under the log all the time even though they were rolling downhill..

Scared like puppies only from hearing something over radio? Oh please, where's the military cynicism...

This is god damn too perfect.
Feel's like im watching third rate movie from some guy who just finished animation course.

Most of this episode was really forced and exaggerated. Including Satoshi part.

Help the poor Ninja! Click Billy vs Snakeman link today!
Dec 17, 2007 1:30 AM

Jun 2006
Man that was an awesome episode!

The ending to it..man what suspense. xD

-BANG-

-END-

I'd be really mad if this were the last episode, but I know this isn't. xD
Dec 17, 2007 3:39 AM
Oct 2007
Nobleman said:
Scared like puppies only from hearing something over radio? Oh please, where's the military cynicism...

I think that this telephone which was straight to the leader of Yamainu had something to do ... That their attitude changed.

And I wanted sollution, i got it and I was enjoying the show. But this ep was definitely weak comparing to last 4-5 :F
Dec 17, 2007 9:25 AM

Jul 2007
Pirotechnix said:
Other than that, this whole season has turned into overexaggerated, unspectacular anime cliches since about Episode 13. I understand Japan's concern about violence in their media after what happened with that girl, but this has just taken it to a new level; this is becoming more and more like some family friendly show, and it's bordering on ridiculous, especially after the heaviness of the beginning of the season and the heaviness of the first season.

I was thinking that after the part where they send the logs rolling down after the bad guys. I realize that this whole season has been about not using over-the-top violence, but at times it kind of seemed like Home Alone.

Still, Kasai and his"I'm a mountain of corpses above you little sh*ts" was pretty awesome.
Dec 17, 2007 9:47 AM

Nov 2007
Omg ^o^ what an amazing ep! I hope they all survive!!!

Dec 17, 2007 3:30 PM

Aug 2007
PimpToad said:
The story telling is still great, but aren't things just a little too perfect in this world?

windy said:
Wouldn't it have to be perfect for the good ending to happen? That's the way I always interpreted it; that everything would have to be a certain way, everyone would have to be thinking a certain way for it to turn out "well".

A perfect ending isn't exactly the best way to end a show that had bad ends each and every time. It is why I wanted the 'true' end of Higurashi to be aired instead of the 'good' ending. Just a shame the 'true' end is on the PS2 version ='(

For starters, they could have at least had perfect animation, but it just keeps getting worse and worse. Isn't it suppose to get better as the series reaches its climax? They showed us that they are capable at Minagoroshi-hen, what happened to Matsuribayashi-hen?

I'm just not getting the same vibes as I did from the other Higurashi arcs, most notably Meakashi-hen, Tsumihoroboshi-hen, and Minagoroshi-hen. That's just me though...but I'm sure DEEN will redeem themselves by showing us an excellent 'end' episode that rivals that of kyoani's stuff? Not holding my breath though...='(
PimpToadDec 17, 2007 3:41 PM
Dec 17, 2007 5:52 PM

Feb 2007
With the third season confirmed today, the True End might be animated. Of course, I really want a different studio to make it (Kyo-Ani or Madhouse), but I doubt it.
Dec 17, 2007 8:40 PM

Nov 2006
BlueYoshi said:
Of course, I really want a different studio to make it (Kyo-Ani or Madhouse), but I doubt it.
Hahaha wow I lol'd.
Dec 17, 2007 8:50 PM

Aug 2007
Every anime deserves the sakuga treatment that only some studios can provide...don't forget the storytelling :-)
Dec 17, 2007 10:31 PM

Jun 2007
It's hard to imagine Higurashi with KyoAni quality.
Dec 17, 2007 11:08 PM

Feb 2007
People were talking about it back when Season 2 was yet to be confirmed. Well...um...I'm going to watch some more ef now.
Dec 18, 2007 5:06 AM

Oct 2007
I thought the ep was good but I too was expecting something a little more exciting. This episode was actually pretty silly throughout with one crazy situation after another.

Oh well, let's hope we get a good conclusion!!!
Dec 19, 2007 3:27 AM

Apr 2007
cyruz said:
I'm usually a die hard Higurashi fan but the last episodes haven't been as good as season one episodes. Still enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to the grand final.

cyruz said:
FunGao said:

And I thought I was the only one posting like that. Let's hope for a worthy ending.

Im with these two on this. Eps 22 and 23 were really lacking for me, and as Fungao said, felt extremely forced and below average.

And what the hell with the Yamainu??? They suck ass! Who the hell would hire these useless idiots? Dang... So suck-ish. Im so glad that this isnt the end of the higurashi series, for i would be left completly unsatisfied with this... Oh wait, i guess its a bit too early to say that since i still have to watch the last ep, i sure hope it delivers otherwise i may just lower Kai down to a 9... Higurashi scored at 9??? *faints*
Episode 23 title, Bloody Battle.
Bloody battle my ass~

p.s.
I would so love to see the hinamizawa gang go head to head against the gang from Black Lagoon XD.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2007 3:35 AM

Apr 2007
edit: nooooooo i accidently double posted and i cant delete this post anymore ._. ..... Damn lagged up internet....
SiingDec 20, 2007 12:00 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2007 7:10 PM
Nov 2007
HUMAN ORGANS !!! ~ lmao. entertaining ep. cant wait for the end to come
Jan 31, 2008 12:03 AM

Dec 2007
The group raiding the basement used the old fashion wookie-prisoner tactic. Also Dr. Irie is a dick for getting Shion's hopes up with Satoshi being alive only to have them come crashing down. I agree that things are getting pretty exaggerated in this but I hope that the ending doesn't suck.

#NBHNC
Feb 25, 2008 5:32 PM

Nov 2007
nice episode~ only 1 more xd

hope that satoshi can be cured~

Mar 18, 2008 7:41 PM

Jan 2008
great ep. XD more action. XD
auau~ only one more episode to go. XD
i guess everyone's alive for now. XD
Apr 19, 2008 11:52 AM

Feb 2008
Well it's better giving hopes to a person rather than lying to them and telling them Satoshi is already dead.

Riding on to the last episode.

I'm really going to miss Hauu!~ Ni-pah!~ AUAUAUAUAU! Omochi Kaeri!!~~ WAAAH!

Jul 20, 2008 7:13 PM

Jun 2008
This episode... struck me as oddly funny.... I mean all those Yamainu guys getting beaten up by a bunch of kinds and a couple of adults ^___^

And Hanyuu-chan... is slightly terrifying in her own way >:3

1 more ep left.... *suspense*

Sig WILL change soon~
Jul 21, 2008 12:55 PM

Jun 2008
Only one more, episode? Nooooooooooo ! D:

But it's been great so far, I love it to bits !

They all better live, so far, it looks like a very happy ending, :)
Oct 13, 2008 10:24 PM

Jul 2008
This episode was eh for me. Although there was a lot of action, it just wasn't very interesting. I wonder how its all going to end.
Oct 21, 2008 2:37 AM

Mar 2008
haha that those guys ran away thinking a god is after them XD

and i was right Satoshi was strapped down like i thought he would be last episode
Nov 2, 2008 11:07 PM

May 2008
HOLY SHIT THAT WAS HANYUU?D:
Love Hanyuu.<3

Nice upbeat episode. A good reward after all that suffering. Everything is finally working out well.
Though Higurashi does seems like that sort of world which goes on forever somehow.
I'll be curious how it ends. Looking positive. And I hope it stays that way. But I also hope it stays sort of open ended.

And I can't wait to finally finish it. So that that way nobody can spoil it for me.xD
And it'll be nice to have this show under my belt just to soak up with my imagination and another added to my completed list and not just my watching list.xD

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Dec 3, 2008 5:55 PM

Aug 2008
Miyo lost, how comforting. Plus everybody managed to live.

"They're even waging phychological warfare on us" ~That made me lauch really hard, it atually hurt! xD
They got owned, big time, agaisnt a guy and a bunch of lolis, even though they had military training and were armed with automatic-rifles. ~Don't underestimate lolis, they're very mischevious when need be.

I don't think the finale will answer all questions. So for that, we'll all just have to wait for Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei, in 2009.
Jan 1, 2009 9:28 AM
Nov 2008
This episode was below my expectations.. except for Kasai's outburst XD

The fact that Yamainu gave in to to Kasai's threat (okay, perhaps that guy was really scared to bits) and a bunch of military-trained men falling into Satoko's trap and "psychological warfare" (I thought the troops would regain consciousness, some would successfully climb out of ground traps, or free themselves from ropes or wires).. Seemed too good to be true. Or should I take it as foreshadowing that the previous arc showed us about the failure of the gang's traps?

Hope that something good happens to Satoshi.. It seemed that he's alive and could heard what Shion said. I take it as a good sign :)

Wonder if they can really round up everything by the next finale episode...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.