Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 9, 2014 10:59 AM
Feb 2014
From all the forum searching I have done, the conclusion I reached is : Kazuma Akazawa(brother of Izumi Akazawa) who looks a bit like Kouichi was the killer of Reiko Mikami who was his homeroom teacher(class of 1996).

Kazuma Akazawa is not mentioned much in the anime(his name is in the past student list of 1996) but he played some role in the manga. Read this for background : http://another.wikia.com/wiki/Kazuma_Akazawa

The reason he killed her is still beyond me. It is possible that he suspected her to be the extra one then and then killed her(this would explain the smile on his face which would come as a sense of achievement for believing he stopped the calamity ). Once he realizes that she wasn't the one, he kills himself out of guilt and thus both these characters are dead one and a half year ago.

A lesser likely theory is that Kazuma was insane to start with and that the death of Reiko was random.

NOW THE PROBLEM : There is no way to explain how the Aunt died under the influence of the calamity since it is clearly shown that she was murdered. If this was indeed the case then how did she come back as the extra one(only people who died under the effect of the calamity can come back)? This can lead to a situation where the one killed wasn't the Aunt at all but indeed Kouichi's mother. I have not given this a lot of thought though as I don't think this is the correct direction of thought to go in just yet.

Thoughts?

EDIT 1 : I came up with a possible solution to my problem. Reiko Mikami was going to die due to some illness or accident while her being murdered happened to only quicken her death. This was used to explain a death of a character outside the city in the anime as being caused due to the calamity.

EDIT 2 : A NEW PROBLEM : Misaki Mei remembers seeing the death of Reiko. There is no way she can remember this since the calamity is supposed to alter all memories related to the extra one. The only way this seems possible is that the extra one was indeed the mother while Reiko dying was an isolated incident one and a half year ago. The mother and Reiko looked alike(fact) but why does the mother take up the whole persona of Reiko(Aunt/Art Teacher) is still not clear to me. Maybe it is acceptable for the extra one to act like a person who actually existed once instead of their original or some random personality.
johnsuhantFeb 9, 2014 10:53 PM
Mar 16, 2014 12:35 AM

Jul 2009
Apr 1, 2014 7:51 AM

Nov 2013
Where does it say that murder can't be one of the calamity's killing methods?
DrakensbergMistApr 1, 2014 2:45 PM

Apr 1, 2014 8:52 AM

Jan 2014
Reiko Mikami was the art teacher at the school a half and a year ago, so, it means that she was involved with class 3.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1042 by Fanerogame »»
Mar 28, 9:05 AM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.