Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Denno Coil Episode 24 Discussion

Dec 10, 2007 4:12 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A bit of a slow ep where yuuko comes to terms with the loss of Amasawa and Denskue. Has a nice touch of philosophy on what makes something real, is it that you can touch it or is it the emotions that it brings out in you. All n all a good episode, but not the best.

Dec 16, 2007 5:19 AM
So that's what the circles were. I'd almost forgotten about them. And they're right in front of you the whole time, at the beginning of every episode. D'oh!
And it's nice to see Daichi coming to the rescue of Fumie, instead of just being an ass, even if his fly was open. XD

Dec 16, 2007 12:06 PM

Wahhh, noooooo Densuke's dead! Still it was pretty sad, even though it was a virtual pet the feelings are the same.

Dec 16, 2007 8:25 PM

pdv2506 said:
So that's what the circles were. I'd almost forgotten about them. And they're right in front of you the whole time, at the beginning of every episode. D'oh!
And it's nice to see Daichi coming to the rescue of Fumie, instead of just being an ass, even if his fly was open. XD

It seems that things that are right in front of you, yet unseen is a sort of running theme for this show. Though in the case of Coil Space, it would be yet hidden :)

Anyway, this was indeed a sad ep. The "what is real" speech kinda reminded me of The Matrix, though ^^

And Daichi gains +100 points for rescuing my Fumie-chan <3

Can't wait for the final 2 eps!
You've come a long way, baby.

Dec 16, 2007 9:25 PM

_Sakura_ said:

I loved that part! I was like YAY! GO DAICHI AND BEAT UP THOSE GUYS WITH YOUR FLY OPEN!!! :D

Apr 10, 2008 9:45 AM

Fairly slow episode considering the last few, but still great nonetheless. Never would've figured the manholes they show at the start of the OP for the last 24 episodes would wind up being a key plot device in the end.

May 10, 2008 12:07 AM

T__T

onto next ep....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 6, 2009 2:34 PM
this series kind of reminds me of a less full on version of serial experiments.

this series is getting very good!!

Aug 30, 2009 9:37 AM

And there was the answer to my question about the circles Haraken drew... So Daichi saving Fumie was pure win; she looked the role of the maiden in distress too, with those tears in her eyes. And yesss, finally we get to learn about the bullying thing in Yasako's past that Isako mentioned wayyy back!

The part where Yasako broke down at the fence over Densuke's death, I started crying. ;_;

Still a good episode. Philosophical bits, heroic bits, emotional bits, and all.

Sep 13, 2009 4:29 AM

who the hell is mayumi?

Oct 27, 2009 3:52 PM

INTRODUCING A COMPLETELY NEW CHARACTER IN THE LAST FEW EPISODES ARE WE?

Nov 10, 2009 5:13 PM

I know this is probably pointless but I was wondering if anyone knew the piano song that was played during 13:56-15:20~

As far as I know its not in the OST.

Jun 28, 2010 3:26 PM

Daichi gets a lot of bonus points for helping Fumie. That was cool.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya

Jul 18, 2010 8:53 AM

Awww... I hope Yasako will rescue Amasawa...

Apr 30, 2011 1:10 AM

Yasako's mom didn't even really know about Densuke...it really was just the kids that were attached to him. But her talk with Yasako was sweet, I cried. ;_;

This show really is saying something about how invested people are with the digital world nowadays. We start to forget about the real life things, sometimes.

The part with Daichi beating up those guys was amazing.

Also nice to see Mayumi showing up, I thought it was weird how they introduced it a few eps and then compltely forgot about it for a while.

Oct 21, 2011 1:10 PM

rant about adults On:
ignorant adults... sure they have to think about the safety, but they're pityfull
if they're really that worryed about their children they should get some knowledge and try to understand the tools they themselfes first allowed them to use, instead of removing them once some rumors go around saying they're bad
thinking back about the reactions of the brats at the school about the rumors on isako, the adults reactions about glasses are The Same, so instead of adults it would be better to say, ignorant common people T_T
age alone sure doesn't guarantee to be more wise
/end rant

tamako :3 i saw what you did there ;)
that's the way daichi ^_^

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"

Jul 20, 2012 4:20 AM

So Densuke really is dead :||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Jan 17, 2013 9:20 PM

BigSimo said:
who the hell is mayumi?

Ivantrollet said:

I didn't like that at all.

Feb 24, 2013 9:33 PM

parfaited said:
BigSimo said:
who the hell is mayumi?

Ivantrollet said:

I didn't like that at all.

I actually had the opposite reaction, I am glad that they are finally addressing this element of the story that they have mentioned a couple of times now. When Isako brought up the bullying thing way back at the start of the series, I thought it was going to be a more prominent story line. And then, a number of episodes ago, when Yasako's mother talked about her previous school and mentioned the name Mayumi I thought it was going to be a factor then.

Still, I think it could have been handled better because her sudden appearance and apparent importance to the story was a bit jarring.

Sep 16, 2013 11:55 PM
Iriya said:
_Sakura_ said:

I loved that part! I was like YAY! GO DAICHI AND BEAT UP THOSE GUYS WITH YOUR FLY OPEN!!! :D

It's all in the hips!

Feb 26, 2014 11:03 AM

A bit slower than usual episodes but still very interesting but rather gloomy and depressive but still lovely!

Jun 15, 2014 6:04 AM
gaaah fantastic episode!! Loved the emotions, the music, the themes.

The plot at the end is still of the type "I have no idea what's going on" though.

Jun 29, 2014 2:39 AM
Wonton said:
I know this is probably pointless but I was wondering if anyone knew the piano song that was played during 13:56-15:20~

As far as I know its not in the OST.

I was about to ask the exact same question!

May 13, 2016 2:22 AM

is that old shit supposed to be comedic relief? because old people aren't funny, they're disgusting and annoying.

Sep 7, 2016 2:13 AM

Zeando said:
rant about adults On:
ignorant adults... sure they have to think about the safety, but they're pityfull
if they're really that worryed about their children they should get some knowledge and try to understand the tools they themselfes first allowed them to use, instead of removing them once some rumors go around saying they're bad
thinking back about the reactions of the brats at the school about the rumors on isako, the adults reactions about glasses are The Same, so instead of adults it would be better to say, ignorant common people T_T
age alone sure doesn't guarantee to be more wise
/end rant

great episode as usual ...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jun 1, 2017 4:51 AM

God adults in nearly every anime are stupid morons...and this show is no exception.

May 25, 2018 6:14 PM

This episode was needed after all the tension. It was interesting to see how Yuuko is dealing with the loss.

Moreover, we finally get to see the friend Yuuko mentioned at the very beginning.
One Piece episode 914 & 915 were a mistake.

Feb 18, 2019 11:37 AM

That boy and his brother are literally the Jack Thompson of glasses.
Modified by CatSoul, Feb 18, 2019 12:28 PM
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"