Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 9, 2014 8:27 PM

Aug 2012
tingy said:

AlexTheRiot said:

Had "blight" been mentioned before now? I feel like it has but I don't remember an explanation on how a regalia's thoughts/actions effect the god.

I'm pretty sure it has been explained. It's basically negative thoughts/feelings/guilty action from a shinki "pricks" the god the shinki is connected to. Too much can cause bruises (or something like that) to the god and it affects their overall well-being too. Yukine's negative thoughts and his actions have been pricking Yato too much and that's why he was out of shape in this episode.
I just meant the actual term "blight". We know about the stinging, but I didn't think it had ever been explained beyond that. Now we know it's a phenomenon that can build up and actually seriously affect the god in some way. I just felt like I'd heart blight being mentioned at some point.
Feb 9, 2014 8:27 PM

Jul 2013
5 more episodes left, meh.

It is probably going to end up generic or inconclusive
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2014 8:45 PM

Aug 2013
Yukine was annoying but oh well...adolescence.

Bishamon's hot and with an awesome VA too :o

I can't wait for another week so I'm just going to read the manga now haha ^^
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 9, 2014 8:55 PM
Feb 2012
it really sucks 6 episodes from now the series over.....

this is the greatest OST is the best ive heard in a long time . it might creep up onto my favorites

yukine lol this kid an ass.
Feb 9, 2014 9:39 PM
Oct 2011
bpSORE said:
it really sucks 6 episodes from now the series over.....

this is the greatest OST is the best ive heard in a long time . it might creep up onto my favorites

yukine lol this kid an ass.

Agreed, been really liking this. 12 episodes is way too short for a setting like this with plenty of development/discoveries left in these characters.

Yeah, awesome OST.
Feb 9, 2014 9:40 PM

Nov 2012
NIce episode, wish to know more about nora?
Feb 9, 2014 9:41 PM

Mar 2012
Nora be creepin...

SoraLover1994 said:

And... WHY DOES KAZUMA LOOK LIKE YUKIO FROM AO NO EXORCIST? T.T

Same seiyuu to boot
Feb 9, 2014 10:17 PM
Dec 2013
Good episode love Yato!
Can anyone tell what she meant by blight and how Yukine is a burden to Yato???
Feb 9, 2014 10:50 PM

Dec 2012
ScazoN said:
Good episode love Yato!

Not sure but Yukine is being burden to Yato because when Yukine succumbs to temptation, Yato is being somehow "punish". I think it is related to the red spots on the back of his neck.
Feb 10, 2014 12:19 AM

Oct 2010
I love Nora. She's always looking out for Yato, and is the only one in the cast that seemingly cares about him.

It's looking like her turn to shine next episode. This series will indisputably be BATS (Best Anime This Season) if he ends up with Nora.
Feb 10, 2014 12:36 AM

Jun 2013
Yukine really has to get himself together...

I'm hoping that Hiyori will start being more useful to Yato
Feb 10, 2014 12:57 AM

Jan 2014
Mizeteo said:
ScazoN said:
Good episode love Yato!

Not sure but Yukine is being burden to Yato because when Yukine succumbs to temptation, Yato is being somehow "punish". I think it is related to the red spots on the back of his neck.

The red spots on Yato's neck is the one called blight (in episode 2, Yato got one on his hand) and it is the seed of ayakashi so it must be purified.

Episode 6 was great. I love it! Can't wait for the continuation.
Also, it's interesting seeing many interested with Nora.....

Feb 10, 2014 1:15 AM

Mar 2012
Awesome episode :) Really curious as to why Yato doesn't use Nora. Guessing it's gotta be something bad.
Feb 10, 2014 1:36 AM
Jan 2014
Awsome episode with awsome battle between Yato and Bishamoten, but Yukine was annoying as hell
Feb 10, 2014 1:57 AM

Apr 2011
AlexTheRiot said:
tingy said:

AlexTheRiot said:

Had "blight" been mentioned before now? I feel like it has but I don't remember an explanation on how a regalia's thoughts/actions effect the god.

I'm pretty sure it has been explained. It's basically negative thoughts/feelings/guilty action from a shinki "pricks" the god the shinki is connected to. Too much can cause bruises (or something like that) to the god and it affects their overall well-being too. Yukine's negative thoughts and his actions have been pricking Yato too much and that's why he was out of shape in this episode.
I just meant the actual term "blight". We know about the stinging, but I didn't think it had ever been explained beyond that. Now we know it's a phenomenon that can build up and actually seriously affect the god in some way. I just felt like I'd heart blight being mentioned at some point.

Yeah blight was mentioned when Yato had just gotten Yukine. I believe it was episode 2, during the fight against the spider; Yato's arm was bitten and he warned Hiyori not to touch him cause she would also get the "blight". So now we know that Yukine's constant pricking leads to this.
Feb 10, 2014 3:02 AM
Jan 2012
i watched episodes 1-6 pretty much all in one go....and hiyori absolutely annoys me to no end. First she literally forces yato give her "custody" of yukine....and despite his numerous warnings, spoils him rotten. And now she's lying and covering for yukine's sinning ass while Yato collects impurities on his body.

I don't really blame yukine as much because the anime has done a good job of highlighting how difficult it is to accept being dead at such a young age, and not having a life to grow and experience with. But hiyori just spoiled yukine rotten, and from what i can tell causes no shortage of problems.

the naive girl who wanted to be a mother figure for yukine enabled him to basically become an evil spirit. all her fucking fault.
Feb 10, 2014 3:17 AM

Jul 2010
ftghb said:
i watched episodes 1-6 pretty much all in one go....and hiyori absolutely annoys me to no end. First she literally forces yato give her "custody" of yukine....and despite his numerous warnings, spoils him rotten. And now she's lying and covering for yukine's sinning ass while Yato collects impurities on his body.

I don't really blame yukine as much because the anime has done a good job of highlighting how difficult it is to accept being dead at such a young age, and not having a life to grow and experience with. But hiyori just spoiled yukine rotten, and from what i can tell causes no shortage of problems.

the naive girl who wanted to be a mother figure for yukine enabled him to basically become an evil spirit. all her fucking fault.

Though I don't like Hiyroi that much myself it's not really her fault that Yuki gives in to temptation, yes the sleeping together in 1 bed might have pushed some feelings/thoughts onto him that wouldn't have happened otherwise but she had good intentions and didn't do it to seduce/tease him. She is indeed a bit annoying in taking Yukine away but she didn't know the temple protected him and Yato at night. Is it really that strange she doesn't want someone to sleep outside in the cold?

Yuki himself is just a brat whom can't control his emotions and takes it out by stealing stuff and doing "bad" stuff. He knows it's bad and it's hurting Yato but he does so regardless of it so who's reallt at fault here? Hiyori doesn't approve of this behavior since she stopped him from stealing the skateboard earlier on. It's not her fault he goes back to the store and steals it later, it's his own decision. I do like Yukine as character and I know his past must play a big part in his current behavior so I don't dislike him or anything, it's just that he's being a brat right now and I hope he'll change for the better soon.

I don't approve of her lying to Yato but I do understand where she comes from, she knows Yato has killed regalia and told her he has to punish Yukine later for his misdoings, she probably thinks that if she woul've said "no" he would've punished him while "yes" might cover for him. She doesn't want to see Yukine get hurt because of something she said, not really a strange thing to do, plenty people in real life would've done the same.

Like I said, I'm not even a huge Hiyori fan but what you said is just mindless bashing which doesn't make much sense in my eyes.
Animefanx3Feb 10, 2014 3:21 AM
Feb 10, 2014 4:19 AM

Aug 2012
Yukine needs to get his mind sorted out. He's starting to annoy me. Yeah, he's a kid and can't still accept that he's already dead (plus that knowledge about Yato killing a Regalia), but I now find his drama too much.

Guuuh.. Hiyori spoiling the already spoiled brat.
Feb 10, 2014 4:43 AM

Mar 2013
LOL dat Lion Girl is stalker XD
Yato is totally Badass
Feb 10, 2014 4:52 AM

Dec 2012
Would like an actual backstory now, if it's not too much trouble. The fight, although great, did not provide too much new information.

Bishamon, her aggression aside, is intriguing. As well as her regalia, Kazuma.
Anime List

↳ click profile for recommendations

✨☆✨

Feb 10, 2014 5:13 AM
Sep 2013
A fighting episode..Not really a whole lot of information was divulged here, other than we figured out who's Regalia it was that Yato killed..Though I doubt Yato did it "because he wanted to", there's something even Bishamon doesn't know I think. And these Nora appearances really make me want to know more about her. And that reminds me that we're already half way through the season, which makes me sad. Season 2 plz.
Feb 10, 2014 5:17 AM

Nov 2010
Awesome battle, Bishamon is so darn sexy and she has a large arsenal to use as well
A lot of the other cast entered too, like Nora and Kofuku with her powerful clutch attack! xD
Feb 10, 2014 5:40 AM

Oct 2012
a little rush episode i think. But, still...yukine sure annoying in this episode...i wish he just die already or someone spank his ass or somethin'~ and Bishamonten's arc..wow as expected Miyuki Sawashiro-chii~

8.8/10

Looking forward for next episode ASAP!! Prepare misogi for Yato!! xD
Feb 10, 2014 6:13 AM

Sep 2013
That was a very cool fight, the different Regalias bring an interesting edge.

That pink haired chick did a nice mahou shoujo transformation, lol.

I really like Yato. In fact, I like all of the characters. Except Yukine's wimpiness at times is a bit jarring. But it's not too bad.
Feb 10, 2014 6:22 AM

Jul 2013
MayuAsagiri said:
a little rush episode i think. But, still...yukine sure annoying in this episode...i wish he just die already or someone spank his ass or somethin'~ and Bishamonten's arc..wow as expected Miyuki Sawashiro-chii~

8.8/10

Looking forward for next episode ASAP!! Prepare misogi for Yato!! xD

>i wish he just die already or someone spank his ass or somethin'~

LOLLLLL.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Feb 10, 2014 7:46 AM

Oct 2013
So he's a god of calamity, Yato so badass. Bishamon is one sexy war god. LOL Kofuku so OP, she saves Yato's ass. Nice episode overall but I liked ep1-5 more than this.
Feb 10, 2014 8:23 AM

May 2013
Dayum, that Bishamon is stronk. Having like 4-5 regalias on her at once.
Kofuku is cute and insanely powerful...
Nora is a mystery, she may be a regalia so powerful that not even Yato can handle that magnitude of power.
Feb 10, 2014 8:32 AM

Oct 2013
Lol because of the seiyuu kazuma looks like the brother in AnE.

I really like the scene he bowed to yato. No words needed to show that gratitude feel.
Feb 10, 2014 8:46 AM

Nov 2010
Pointers of the episode.
-Bishamon hot as F.
-Yukine was so darn annoying.
-Nice action
-Who the hell Nora really is?!
Feb 10, 2014 9:02 AM

May 2010
What an episode, loved Kofoku and Bishamon's powers these episode.
Feb 10, 2014 9:11 AM
Dec 2012
This season is really bad, alr dropped most of it. Too many series including Gin no saji, Nisekoi, D Frag have manga so I can't be bothered with the anime. Noragami is getting more interesting as it progress, so don't give up. I too almost dropped it after ep 3/4
Feb 10, 2014 10:49 AM
Jan 2014
this anime is really interesting. im loving it. the fights are better than others anime i've watched. we still have a lil bit of mystery and it's funny and they're cute.. idk i really love this and can't wait to see more and more
Feb 10, 2014 11:02 AM

Apr 2013
Run Yato run!!!
Feb 10, 2014 11:18 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was kinda unique from the others. Showed a different angle.
Yato, god of calamity? He has a scar on his neck.
I guess Hiyori has a thing for Yato, cause the way she reacted back then.
Kitty cookies, nyaa ~
The argument b/w Yato and Yukine was pretty funny. 'Moron!' XD
God, the fight was awesome but the blood near his eye.
Can't wait for the next episode.
Can't get enough of this.
Feb 10, 2014 1:03 PM

Apr 2012
looooved the battle!
made me sad seeing yukine going through a hard time but it was amazing seeing bishamon's powers.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2014 1:21 PM

Dec 2012
I'm in love with this series. I hope it continues being amazing.
Feb 10, 2014 1:23 PM

Jul 2011
Season 2 please
Feb 10, 2014 1:31 PM
Mar 2012
I want some kitty cookies with cocoa now! I promise I won't spill it.

Poor Yato. He should tell Yuki clearly what's going on.

(And I don't think Yuki acts much differently than in the manga.)
Feb 10, 2014 2:22 PM

Feb 2014
We need Season 2
~ Please My God tell Me what should I do ~
Feb 10, 2014 3:55 PM

Sep 2013
the battle with bishamon was awesome *_*
i hope to see more of kazuma as the series goes on

yukine was kind of a pain to watch this ep tbh
yato at least has that air of mysteriousness about him still

looking forward to seeing where this will go :)
Feb 10, 2014 4:53 PM

Nov 2009
When Daikoku turned into a fan I thought, "What can this do?", and then it made that storm. And now I'm bowing down to their greatness.
Feb 10, 2014 4:56 PM

Jul 2010
I really liked the episode, damn I hope they'll make a second seaosn at some point in the future *throws 5 yen coin in every direction*.

Bishamon is badass, her Regalia's are awesome and I kinda like her :) I do wonder how Yato would've fought back if Yukine wouldn't have struggled so much/if he wasn't weakened from his constant stings. Since she's been hunting for a long time he must've had some epic fights with her in the past.

I wonder how the blights (right?) are going to go away since they can't be cleansed like the other time when that monster bit him.

Very curious about Nora too, why does she have so many names? Is that even possible? I'd think a Regalia would be bound to 1 master but guess she proves that wrong. I do think/almost know for sure that she's the Regalia that Yato used when he was acting like a real "God of Calamity" and why he's refusing to call her name now. I hope they'll get the time to explain exactly what made him change and why he is such a care free/happy go lucky type of guy/god now, must've been something really big or important.
Feb 10, 2014 5:00 PM

Jun 2009
Animefanx3 said:
I really liked the episode, damn I hope they'll make a second seaosn at some point in the future *throws 5 yen coin in every direction*.

Bishamon is badass, her Regalia's are awesome and I kinda like her :) I do wonder how Yato would've fought back if Yukine wouldn't have struggled so much/if he wasn't weakened from his constant stings. Since she's been hunting for a long time he must've had some epic fights with her in the past.

I wonder how the blights (right?) are going to go away since they can't be cleansed like the other time when that monster bit him.

Very curious about Nora too, why does she have so many names? Is that even possible? I'd think a Regalia would be bound to 1 master but guess she proves that wrong. I do think/almost know for sure that she's the Regalia that Yato used when he was acting like a real "God of Calamity" and why he's refusing to call her name now. I hope they'll get the time to explain exactly what made him change and why he is such a care free/happy go lucky type of guy/god now, must've been something really big or important.

I think all your questions are answered in the next two eps so no need to spoil you :D
Feb 10, 2014 5:08 PM

May 2012
10:51 dat soundtrack

12:20 dat hair movement

12:57 sloooowmoooo

wut, only 2 seconds of MILF

7/10
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Feb 10, 2014 7:52 PM
Sep 2013
Nice episode. I'm curious about Nora since the title of the show is Noragami
Feb 10, 2014 8:24 PM
Jul 2018
ALxxx said:
Nice episode. I'm curious about Nora since the title of the show is Noragami

Noragami translates as "Stray Gods" in English and in the manga version, Nora is being called "stray" so I think she doesn't really play that much of a big role other than being the infamous shinki of the protagonist. (And final boss, maybe.)
Feb 11, 2014 1:10 AM

Dec 2011
Yukine, what are you doing !

Good episode, though. Honestly, it's the only show that I still expecting something.
Feb 11, 2014 5:08 AM

Jan 2014
Great episode.

Bishamon was awesome and their fight was intense. Loving the way she utilizes her Regalia.
Kofuku's intervention was as powerful as it was funny!
And Nora was as intriguing as ever.

On top of that, the OST never ceases to amaze me. Cannot wait for February 19.

Really excited for the next episode, especially for what Kazuma has to say. He seemed to know Yato quite well and even respect him.

Easily my personal favourite anime this season.
Feb 11, 2014 5:25 AM

Jan 2014
Everything was good in this episode except for Yukine being a kid :/
Feb 11, 2014 6:09 AM

Jul 2012
i think yato is the strongest god.
Cty Best mid
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noragami Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

517 by zoehegoburu »»
Feb 21, 7:12 AM

» I will ANIMATE the S3 if no studios does (NOT A BAIT) ( 1 2 3 )

WVM - Feb 19, 2023

110 by Spunkert »»
Feb 17, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

315 by Beatnik »»
Jan 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2014

301 by Hanarose72 »»
Jan 6, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

202 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.