Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 10, 2014 4:53 PM

Nov 2009
When Daikoku turned into a fan I thought, "What can this do?", and then it made that storm. And now I'm bowing down to their greatness.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2014 4:56 PM

Jul 2010
I really liked the episode, damn I hope they'll make a second seaosn at some point in the future *throws 5 yen coin in every direction*.

Bishamon is badass, her Regalia's are awesome and I kinda like her :) I do wonder how Yato would've fought back if Yukine wouldn't have struggled so much/if he wasn't weakened from his constant stings. Since she's been hunting for a long time he must've had some epic fights with her in the past.

I wonder how the blights (right?) are going to go away since they can't be cleansed like the other time when that monster bit him.

Very curious about Nora too, why does she have so many names? Is that even possible? I'd think a Regalia would be bound to 1 master but guess she proves that wrong. I do think/almost know for sure that she's the Regalia that Yato used when he was acting like a real "God of Calamity" and why he's refusing to call her name now. I hope they'll get the time to explain exactly what made him change and why he is such a care free/happy go lucky type of guy/god now, must've been something really big or important.
Feb 10, 2014 5:00 PM

Jun 2009
Animefanx3 said:
I really liked the episode, damn I hope they'll make a second seaosn at some point in the future *throws 5 yen coin in every direction*.

Bishamon is badass, her Regalia's are awesome and I kinda like her :) I do wonder how Yato would've fought back if Yukine wouldn't have struggled so much/if he wasn't weakened from his constant stings. Since she's been hunting for a long time he must've had some epic fights with her in the past.

I wonder how the blights (right?) are going to go away since they can't be cleansed like the other time when that monster bit him.

Very curious about Nora too, why does she have so many names? Is that even possible? I'd think a Regalia would be bound to 1 master but guess she proves that wrong. I do think/almost know for sure that she's the Regalia that Yato used when he was acting like a real "God of Calamity" and why he's refusing to call her name now. I hope they'll get the time to explain exactly what made him change and why he is such a care free/happy go lucky type of guy/god now, must've been something really big or important.

I think all your questions are answered in the next two eps so no need to spoil you :D
Feb 10, 2014 5:08 PM

May 2012
10:51 dat soundtrack

12:20 dat hair movement

12:57 sloooowmoooo

wut, only 2 seconds of MILF

7/10
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Feb 10, 2014 7:52 PM
Sep 2013
Nice episode. I'm curious about Nora since the title of the show is Noragami
Feb 10, 2014 8:24 PM
Jul 2018
ALxxx said:

Noragami translates as "Stray Gods" in English and in the manga version, Nora is being called "stray" so I think she doesn't really play that much of a big role other than being the infamous shinki of the protagonist. (And final boss, maybe.)
Feb 11, 2014 1:10 AM

Dec 2011
Yukine, what are you doing !

Good episode, though. Honestly, it's the only show that I still expecting something.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2014 5:08 AM

Jan 2014
Great episode.

Bishamon was awesome and their fight was intense. Loving the way she utilizes her Regalia.
Kofuku's intervention was as powerful as it was funny!
And Nora was as intriguing as ever.

On top of that, the OST never ceases to amaze me. Cannot wait for February 19.

Really excited for the next episode, especially for what Kazuma has to say. He seemed to know Yato quite well and even respect him.

Easily my personal favourite anime this season.
Feb 11, 2014 5:25 AM

Jan 2014
Everything was good in this episode except for Yukine being a kid :/
Feb 11, 2014 6:09 AM

Jul 2012
i think yato is the strongest god.
Cty Best mid
Feb 11, 2014 8:03 AM

Mar 2012
So Bishamon doesn't want her regalia to get injured, but she still uses them in battle. Okay then...
Feb 11, 2014 8:14 AM
Jul 2012
The cookies so cute~ but Bad! Yukine T^T

And nora talked more in this ep! Keep on imagining shes taiga (toradora) cuz of same seiyuu xP
shes so cute~ ^3^
fighting was awesome Bishamon using that much of Sinki (Regalia) O.O

Cant wait for next week~!
Feb 11, 2014 8:15 AM
Jul 2012
ALxxx said:

Good point! xD
Feb 11, 2014 9:29 AM

Jul 2013
Screw Yukine.. wish the author kept that hot chick from 1st episode as Yato's regalia.

I'm actually more interested as to why Bishamon has such respect towards a God of poverty like Kofuku.

Kofuku's by far the best and the most interesting character in this anime.. well having Aki Toyosaki as her seiyuu helps a lot I guess ^_^
Feb 11, 2014 12:04 PM
Jan 2014
I really love the series *-* The fight between the gods.. :Awesome! I really wish episodes 7-12 were out on anime1.com =(
Feb 11, 2014 12:27 PM

Nov 2013
Mono98 said:
I really love the series *-* The fight between the gods.. :Awesome! I really wish episodes 7-12 were out on anime1.com =(

They haven't even been officially aired why would they be there?
Feb 11, 2014 3:08 PM

Jan 2013
This series is getting better! Perfect timing of development.
Feb 11, 2014 4:35 PM

Jan 2008
That look in Yukine's eyes when stealing the skateboard... Guess there's always the possibility he'll turn into one of the monsters if this keeps up.
Feb 11, 2014 4:39 PM

Jan 2014
Paul said:
That look in Yukine's eyes when stealing the skateboard... Guess there's always the possibility he'll turn into one of the monsters if this keeps up.
HE is not they would never let that happen you would never guess it but yeah,
(maybe a little spoiler)
anime with cute girls is my thing.
Feb 11, 2014 4:53 PM

Jun 2010
That battle was epic! This series is getting better and better.

I'm really getting annoyed by Yukine. She's acting like a girl. Hiyori is manlier than him. Well, I guess he's a kid so...

Holy shit Bishamon. That is some OP character. She has like 10000 regalias. Not to mention all of them is freaking strong.

So FukuJun is in here too. Dang, now that I've seen it that's some all-star seiyuu line up. Bones sure isn't holding back. Thank you Bones! That was an awesome action packed episode.

So Yato is a god of calamity. No wonder Hiyori got into an accident when she saw him.

Kofuku is so awesome. What a character to balance things out.

I wonder why is Hiyori blushing when she's trying to remember Yato's smell. :)

But the real highlight of this episode for me is Nora. She stopped the fuckin Lion with just a word. HOW OP IS THAT?! I'm really interested about her character. Yato should just use her. I wonder why isn't she using her except for having a twisted personality.

Kazama is also an interesting character.

Can't wait for more!
Feb 11, 2014 5:12 PM

Apr 2013
Looks like Nora can restrain any Regalia...
Powerful eyebrows.
Feb 11, 2014 5:45 PM

Mar 2012
Usually I don't notice this sort of thing, but Bishamon shows up, and suddenly Yato can't just teleport wherever like he normally does; he has to run
Feb 11, 2014 6:09 PM

Apr 2012
angelic_sedition said:
Usually I don't notice this sort of thing, but Bishamon shows up, and suddenly Yato can't just teleport wherever like he normally does; he has to run

He's injured. If Yukine is tempted by something, Yato gets punished with miasma that taints his body.

Feb 11, 2014 6:21 PM

May 2013
This show is a great example of how it's possible to have an on-going, engaging story with nice action while simultaneously developing the characters involved without the use of extended flashbacks and long, internal monologues. This is some fine writing here, and it's of the kind not commonly found in anime.

Really good episode, as usual.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Feb 11, 2014 8:10 PM

Apr 2012
That Kazuma guy really looks similar to Yukio from Ao no Exorcist, only without moles. Funny enough, both characters' voice done by Jun Fukuyama. I did assumed him as Yukio LOL.
Visit my blog site for my own impressions about anime & other things: http://infonochikara.wordpress.com/
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/kaoru_kajiura
Subscribe on YouTube channel: http://youtube.com/KaoruKajiura
Feb 11, 2014 8:52 PM

Jan 2014
Textric said:
Paul said:
HE is not they would never let that happen you would never guess it but yeah,
(maybe a little spoiler)

Feb 11, 2014 8:58 PM

Feb 2012
I don't know, I just don't get good vibes from Nora. Don't really like her.
Loving the pink-haired god more and more though, so adorable.
Hiyori is amazing and cute as always.

Can't wait for next week!
Feb 12, 2014 12:10 AM

Jul 2013
What if Nora was the one who killed Bish's regalia? That would explain a lot... This episode wasn't nice, I felt quite bad for Yukine's guilt and Yato's suffering. I really hope those two will get along soon.

Restraining myself from reading manga and it is so HARD!
Feb 12, 2014 4:48 AM

Feb 2014
And you guys were saying Yukine was cute in the last episode and now it's the other way around. Really people in the internet.
Feb 12, 2014 8:20 AM

Aug 2013
i want them to stop focusing on that brat yukine and that annoying girl hiyoki and start focusing on yato, that guy makes the show.
Feb 12, 2014 10:33 AM

Sep 2010
MrAM said:
This show is a great example of how it's possible to have an on-going, engaging story with nice action while simultaneously developing the characters involved without the use of extended flashbacks and long, internal monologues. This is some fine writing here, and it's of the kind not commonly found in anime.

Really good episode, as usual.
this, the writing just got into overdrive to god tier on this ep.

Kofuku's power and Bishamon going all '-dono' on her was unexpected (with a side of hilarious obviously).

@ people saying that they dont get good vibes from Nora: THAT'S THE POINT.
Feb 12, 2014 10:38 AM
Jul 2018
afnakfanfn said:
And you guys were saying Yukine was cute in the last episode and now it's the other way around. Really people in the internet.
A character can be cute and annoying though. It's not a one or the other type of scenario after all.
Feb 12, 2014 7:02 PM

Jun 2013
That was surprisingly a really good battle scene. It almost felt like a Fate/Zero battle.
Feb 12, 2014 8:32 PM

Jun 2013
Excellent episode!The action scenes were really intense and just plain awesome i agree that yukine was a tad bit annoying this episode but i didnt think he was too bad and i still love all 3 of the main leads..... curious about Nora also, sad that half of the anime is already over, only six episodes left :/
Feb 12, 2014 9:15 PM

Dec 2012
This anime took a darker turn than I expected considering the 1st few episodes.
allo
Feb 12, 2014 9:18 PM

Dec 2011
Finally got her name. Bishamon! Nora is the real stalker here my goodness. So cannot wait for the anime to unveil her character. Yato's past seems to be more sad (but awesome for me). Can't wait to learn more.
Feb 12, 2014 11:46 PM

Jun 2013
Wow, just wow. This show really does story-telling the right way. Slowly raising questions about Yato's past. Making the connection between Hiyoori and other phantoms saying "you smell nice" and how it helped her find Yato. The grim prospect of what happens to a god that gets overly tainted. Why did Kazuma (Bishamon's shinki) bow to Yato? What's the deal with Nora?

Everything happens for a reason and there's so many interesting plot points to be covered. Ahhh, it's so good!

I say it again and again, but the balance between the seriousness and humor is impeccable. They both fit on like a warm, soft glove. Can't wait for more!
Feb 13, 2014 6:05 AM

Aug 2013
Another fantastic episode. The action scenes were very intense and the story-telling is God-tier. An excellent mix of seriousness and humor while retaining maximum interest in the story from the readers. Kazuma's bowing to Yato was interesting, looking forward to knowing more about that (well, I know the reason but I'm looking forward to it being explained in the anime). Apparently Nora can restrain other shinkis? She's probably the one who Yato used to kill Bishamon's shinki. Yukine's a real brat, when he realizes what he's been doing to Yato he better straighten out.

LOL Kofuku, stopping the fight like a boss. She's so cute. All-around excellent, I can't wait for the next episode!
Gary29Feb 14, 2014 9:12 AM
Feb 13, 2014 7:35 PM
Jul 2018

Whoa~ great episode.
Bishamon is damn powerful; she has too many regalias.
YEY~ FukuJun is back again. :3
LOL @ Kofuku. Such misfortune. </3
Feb 13, 2014 11:44 PM

Sep 2007
Dat Bishamon so smexy
Feb 14, 2014 2:10 AM

Nov 2012
wohhooo.. bishamonten.. sexy finally :3
nora XD yeah that end.. I really wonder who is this girl!
and kazuma,, I wonder why he bowing down to yato :/
kofuku is too damn cute.. I want her :p
and..
yukine -_- just die!
Feb 14, 2014 6:43 AM

Jan 2013
What a lovely episode, can't wait for the next one, Noragami is one of the best ones from the new stuff.
Feb 14, 2014 8:46 AM

Jul 2011
I never liked Yukine but now I'm starting to hate him.
Feb 14, 2014 11:33 AM

May 2011
It looks like Yato and Bishomon have some deeper history together than just him killing one of her Regalia based on the last thing she said to him as well as the bow the male Regalia gave to Yato. I hope we'll learn more about their relationship because it seems pretty interesting.

Also hope to see more of Nora. As of right now, I'm getting the sense that she's one of those weapons that are forbidden to use because it's too powerful.

On a side note, wonder how the tension between Yuki and Yato will play out.
Feb 14, 2014 4:15 PM
Mar 2009
Okay, Yukine was just being an asshole/drama queen this episode. So annoying.

Bishamon is OP. Her CLOTHES are Regalia? Like what the shit. Dat outfit too, Yato nailed it spot on. Haha.

I don't see why Yato would ever abandon Nora. She just bound the lion Regalia with a simple incantation and a flick of her wrist. While Yukine is causing Yato to blight and it's not healing.

Kofuku's ability is...strange. Isn't that counterproductive of what gods do? Making MORE Phantoms appears seems like a pretty bad thing.
Feb 14, 2014 4:26 PM

Dec 2011
Kofuku-chan saving Yato's ass lol
It was another enjoyable episode. Seems that Yato is having hard times because of Yukine.
Feb 14, 2014 5:06 PM

Jan 2014
ChronosXIII said:
Okay, Yukine was just being an asshole/drama queen this episode. So annoying.

Bishamon is OP. Her CLOTHES are Regalia? Like what the shit. Dat outfit too, Yato nailed it spot on. Haha.

I don't see why Yato would ever abandon Nora. She just bound the lion Regalia with a simple incantation and a flick of her wrist. While Yukine is causing Yato to blight and it's not healing.

Kofuku's ability is...strange. Isn't that counterproductive of what gods do? Making MORE Phantoms appears seems like a pretty bad thing.

yes it may seem the nora is good but you will see later in the story that it changes (based on the manga)
kofuku ability is to cause disasters ... idk why just the way it is.
yes Bishamon is OP.
yukine is fucking awesome much better than nora anyways that is the main reason yato-san hasn't done anything yet.
yes yukine is being a dick(to yato.) kinda but he will get some punishment.
anime with cute girls is my thing.
Feb 14, 2014 10:22 PM

Sep 2008
Pretty good episode as far as action goes.

Halfway through the show and the plot hasn't actually moved much. Yukine is starting to get annoying.
Feb 15, 2014 2:37 PM
Apr 2012
Whoop! Finally some plot development.
It's kind of funny seeing people bash on Yukine. Yeah, he's being a brat, but he's a kid going through some stuff. (Anyways he did more and worse in the manga).

I am a bit worried that the series is halfway over and there's still some stuff to get through

Point being, there's far too much that needs to be covered in the short amount of time and not enough episodes given.

Majucha said:

Restraining myself from reading manga and it is so HARD!

Why would you do such a thing? Let loose the restraints!
Feb 17, 2014 2:06 AM

Aug 2012
I wish this was 2 cour, but maybe that's what keeps the production values so high. Hopefully it'll get a second season because it seems that the manga has a lot more to go
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noragami Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

517 by zoehegoburu »»
Feb 21, 7:12 AM

» I will ANIMATE the S3 if no studios does (NOT A BAIT) ( 1 2 3 )

WVM - Feb 19, 2023

110 by Spunkert »»
Feb 17, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

315 by Beatnik »»
Jan 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2014

301 by Hanarose72 »»
Jan 6, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Noragami Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

202 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.