Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2009 2:26 AM

May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
o.o
what a weird episode
does anyone else find that they just happen to have a huge mansion just the tiniest bit cheesy?
i feel that this show is taking a path that i dont wanna see i take <.>

Oct 31, 2009 7:33 AM

Mar 2009
I like Miyabi in this episode, hehee.
May 20, 2010 2:42 PM
Mar 2008
sailorlitakino said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
o.o
what a weird episode
does anyone else find that they just happen to have a huge mansion just the tiniest bit cheesy?
i feel that this show is taking a path that i dont wanna see i take <.>

Exactly my thoughts. I seriously hope this isn't going to turn into a love triangle.
And why that big mansion? It just ruins the mood of sharing a little apartment with your girl :3
May 22, 2010 4:56 AM

Dec 2009
Nice ep
not dissatisfied with it at all
variety is always good
Jul 11, 2010 9:16 AM

Nov 2009
Here is where we change direction now from serious to a more haremistic show. QQ
Aug 3, 2010 4:53 AM

Mar 2010
Hmm that mansion is kinda weird.. and does Miyabi like Kaoru?.. lol that would be nice imo. but yeah.. I want some more.. ''action'' XD
Aug 4, 2010 5:53 PM

Aug 2010
Definitely didn't expect this. Perhaps a bit disappointing episode, like some others above I too am worried that the series just took a wrong turn.

I'm also wondering how much they are allowed to be together in public, since the family name has to be protected. No hugging, no holding hands, perhaps not being together at all outside the mansion? Could be kind of sad.
Sep 15, 2012 2:58 PM
Dec 2010
Not exactly life that can be expected from engaged couple. I think i would prefer the old apartment instead of living in garden house under constant surveillance O_o Well Let's just say that Miyabi is bit overprotective and leave it at that ...
At least our lovers were not forcefully separated :)
Sent with Mal Updater
greenmartySep 15, 2012 3:04 PM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Jun 21, 2013 8:46 PM

Mar 2013
I hate where this is going, they're basically treating them like children, he basically went back to the clan, hes living their mansion and they have 24h watch over him, plus they kinda are just ordering him around. I can't believe he is stupid enough to fall for their trick. I wouldn't be surprised if in the end this was just a plot to keep Aoi happy until the time comes for her to marry someone else. I also feel this show is going too much into comedy, I really liked the serious vibe it was giving off. And he can't even really live with her anymore. I hope it doesn't continue like this, I don't if I can stand 20 more episodes of this. This first 3 episodes are great, if they ended it after the 3rd episode with Aoi living with him and in the future they get married and are totally separated from that clan it would have been a good anime.
Jun 2, 2014 6:52 AM

May 2012
Cute episode but quite a lot has changed in his life already, a new house and also a third person? Well let's see what this development will couse!
Apr 21, 2015 1:05 AM

Jun 2012
Those eyes at the window! Another person!? And lol at the cat and Miyabi's reaction.

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Aug 18, 2015 6:01 PM
Jun 2014
This anime turned to shit real fast. They couldn't keep themselves from turning it into a abusive gag "comedy" where the male is completely worthless and also foreshadowing pretty badly that it will turn into some harem show. I feel sad for Japanese mangakas today. Well, i place the worthless blame on either them or their editors. Same shit, same gags, same retarded devices are used in every single anime that are remotely similar to eachother. Zero imagination.
Oct 10, 2015 2:47 PM

Jan 2012
Nah harem strike again

Oct 10, 2016 3:39 AM

Aug 2014
helur said:
Here is where we change direction now from serious to a more haremistic show. QQ
If you didn't know going in that this was a harem show...

Okay, Mom turning sympathetic was a twist. No parental issues here at all, unless you count Miyabi, who's totally gonna turn bipolar and probably somewhat tsundere, alternating between shipping them and trying to stay between them because (officially) she's trying to protect the clan name and (unofficially) she wants to make a play for Kaoru herself without admitting it.

I know a twist I'd put on this little tale if I were writing it, but I'm pretty sure it's not that kind of show. XD
"Ō-sama...kindly shut up. I wouldn't normally do this, but we are working with them whether you like it or not, because otherwise our chances of success approach zero." - Stern the Destructor (maybe not a direct translation, but it gets the point across)
Related: I'm writing a Lyrical alternate timeline!
Oct 10, 2016 3:51 AM

Nov 2014
I am still not over and I probability never will be over the fact that Kaoru was abused by his grandfather. I do not like that they are basically keeping them
Apart. This really sucks. So anyone else see those eyes? They gave me such an ominous feeling. At least Aoi's mother is accepting Aoi and Kaoru's love for each other. It is beautiful. I squeed. Please kami-sama, let them endure and overcome everything to be together.
Jan 24, 2017 10:51 AM

Oct 2015
EnduringInsanity said:
This first 3 episodes are great, if they ended it after the 3rd episode with Aoi living with him and in the future they get married and are totally separated from that clan it would have been a good anime.
But where would the fun in that be? If it just ends like that after 3 episodes without them going through any more hardships it would just be boring. Romantic stories are more exciting when the couple has to endure a lot.
Sep 26, 2019 11:24 PM
Apr 2019
At first I couldn't figure out why this series was rated semi poorly considering the first three episodes had a ton of potential for a nice heartwarming romance anime. Then I watched episode 4 and it started taking a shift I can't see anyone voluntarily choosing :/, Feelsbadman
Feb 1, 2020 4:31 PM

Nov 2016
I didn't expect that Miyabi would become a member of the harem, but it's ok, I like her.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 27, 2021 1:11 PM

Jan 2021
Miyabi Is ok
Also I didn’t realize this was a harem
Dec 1, 2021 1:56 PM

Feb 2014
Like most anime newbies, I thought Akeno was the first anime girl to say "ara ara", then I watched Aria, which came out in 2005 and had Alicia saying "ara ara" and I thought that was the actual origin, but now Miyabi says "ara ara" in an anime episode that aired on May 2 of 2002.
Feb 16, 2022 9:59 PM

Nov 2009
This is so sappy, I get a bit embarrassed when my partner walks in the room haha. Like some others, I wasn't expecting a harem. I was looking forward to see them living together in that small apartment and making ends meet. Idk about being given a mansion and taking a more comedic route but I'm sure it will get back to a more serious tone sooner or later.
Aug 22, 2022 4:23 PM

Dec 2018
there is definitely someone else there. not just those eyes in the window, but who's been feeding the cat for this long?
Mar 16, 3:13 PM
Mar 2024
I welcome this wickedly strong pivot to harem, which turned faster than a politician reversing course on unfavorable policy during an election year (2024). At first, it seemed Aoi's mother let Aoi off too easily, but actually now Aoi will have to share time with Kaoru amongst all the new/future women that will stand in between her and Kaoru. Poor Aoi, and even more "poor" Kaoru. I suspect it will become harder and far harder for Kaoru to fend off all the women falling for him and then coming after/grabbing him, starting with Aoi's supervisior, 雅さん (Miyabi-san), falling for his beasty ways. Will these instances break the love Aoi and Kaoru have for each other? Their love will surely be tested! This episode had intimacy, drama, and comedy - trifecta! 10/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ai yori Aoshi Episode 19 Discussion

sailorlitakino - Jun 4, 2009

7 by KimonosanRacing »»
Mar 31, 3:09 PM

Poll: » Ai yori Aoshi Episode 18 Discussion

16 by KimonosanRacing »»
Mar 30, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Ai yori Aoshi Episode 17 Discussion

9 by KimonosanRacing »»
Mar 29, 3:59 PM

Poll: » Ai yori Aoshi Episode 16 Discussion

13 by KimonosanRacing »»
Mar 28, 11:08 PM

Poll: » Ai yori Aoshi Episode 15 Discussion

sailorlitakino - Jun 3, 2009

12 by KimonosanRacing »»
Mar 27, 3:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.