Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Suzuka
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 20, 2014 11:43 PM

Jan 2012
blessofcurse said:
4/10
Unlikable female lead, she's very cold til the end. I know she can't get over Tsuda but still her coldness is extreme and she needs a lot of push from Honoka to accept Yamato.
Obsessed male lead, he's obsession to Suzuka is annoying really.

Pretty much this.

How could this 99% tsun 1% dere girl drag on for so long on being adamant on refusing Yamato, and then in 1 episode (the last 5 minutes), she builds the confidence and resolve to give up on a dead crush (which is her fault she didn't even answer him).

7.5/10 because of Honoka and Miki
3.5/10 because of Female Lead Suzuka

All in all, I'll have to read the manga to really subdue my anger. People have been telling me to read the manga and it will help me like and understand Suzuka, but the anime explained to me that she was attached to a dead guy for so long and screwed up so many relationships, lives, and disrespected her elders (taking off when and whenever she finished dinner, deciding when to eat dinner, and not taking care of the chores. She just seemed like someone who didn't give a damn about anyone but her own feelings; she didnt even care about the dead guy's feelings when he was still alive. She treats him more like an object as in that she only decides to like and answer someone when they can't voice their opinion. In other words, she's a stereotypical relationship bigot.

Really disappointed Honoka got a terrible ending.

If I were Yamato (and if Honoka and Miki weren't an option), I'd forget all about Suzuka and use my anger and emotional stress from putting up with her to excel and become #1. Worked for me when I was in a somewhat similar situation so maybe this is why I really hate this anime. I only like it because of his blonde friend, Miki, and Honoka.
Lt_SpinzakuAug 20, 2014 11:46 PM
Oct 1, 2014 6:53 PM
Nov 2013
What volume does the manga pick up?
Jun 21, 2015 2:24 PM

Aug 2013
I think that 8/10 will be good.
Why? Because they showed how terrible could woman be, and how stupid man can be.
Suzuka is probably worst main character ever.
I don't want to read Manga, because I know that she won't change at all.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 23, 2015 8:55 AM
Jul 2015
This was just an incredible story.........
If you all guys paid attention to the story and not judging the characters i guess you"l would've now how great the story........And Suzuka was not cold the writer made the story very well.....Its hard to forget the one's you love, and you wont understand that till you yourself experience it.........
I would've loved it if there would have been more episodes the story is quite interesting after the ladt episode.....
Its a 10/10 for me.....
Jan 11, 2016 9:01 AM

Dec 2014
I really enjoyed the overall series the drama was so in place but I couldn't help but feel that the ending for rather abrupt
Apr 24, 2016 8:54 AM

Mar 2014
For the last time , They FINALLY reconciled with each other .
Now we can finally move on ~ . I am so tired .. Oh gaud .. Geez ~ .
COOL LAST EPISODE . Somehow it ended well . That's nice ~ :D

Man .. FINALLY (This is really finale) finished this 'troublesome' series !!
Starting with Romance , I don't understand woman after all !! Especially the type of the main girl and the leading male character . They keep going circles !! Inconsistent pacing and erratic developments, I almost thought of dropping this show in the long run !! But that was just on the first half . It really reached my nerves with all the preposterous stuffs going on . I was in pain .
However , when I was on the brink of it , at the exact moment , It gave me light . Who thought there will be a big change of pace on the middle of the series ? Right ~ . Eventually , that kept me to continue , having the turning point satisfied my kokoro ~ . Even though and there were a quite of intolerable things , gradually I became partial to it . Still , The Anime Adaptation is nowhere near the level of the thing it adapted(they say) . I'm talking about the Manga ~ .
This is a 'Crazy Lovestory' after all ~ <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2016 6:34 PM

Aug 2015
I never seen anime what was able to get me this angry, last 4 episodes were literally killing me and I almost pulled all my hair off.
This anime scores most points in pissing me off.
Seeing main female character (Suzuka) deny everything, saying opposite every single time and that brain damaged male character (Yamato) chasing her every time when something happened. When male character cant stand his ground at least once in whole series thats just too much for me to handle.
Honoka was cherry on top of cake.

Usually when i watch this kind of anime i expect more feelings than just pure rage and anger(after almost every single encounter with Suzuka).
Apr 13, 2017 12:59 PM

Jul 2014
loliterna said:
i didnt like suzuka at all, she is cold, unlikable, and indifferent to extremes. this is coming from someone who loves tsundere chars

the main guy was frustrating to watch. it would be easier to like this series if i understood why he LOVED suzuka so much. i didnt see ne reason to like her at all in the entire series. her "cute" moments were nonexistent and her attitude was just plainly rude. its one thing to hold a past, but there could've been some more overt hints that she was remotely interested in the main guy

honoka is the tragic char here, and probably one of the only ones i liked in the entire series.

unfortunately i give this a 6/10..and i generally like romance dramas if i finish them. this time, i completed it solely as a chore

Mirrored my thoughts, I enjoyed Honoka's arc and really thought they would get together but alas the anime is called Suzuka so they had to chop her off somewhere. Yamato and Suzukla might well be labeled the S&M couple, taking blows at each other in misery. Another chore to watch.

6/10 teetering on 5.
May 8, 2017 7:11 PM
Mar 2015
What to say about this anime...

The themes in the story were real enough, but the execution was lacking especially around character development. This should've been a story about Suzuka's healing process, but we barely see anything from her perspective.

Instead we get to follow our favorite masochistic fool Yamato, who barely develops at all throughout the series. He starts out chasing Suzuka, and 26 episodes later is still chasing her. The only point of development was when he decided he would no longer apologize for her own issues. That was a great moment.

Honoka, unfortunately, was completely unnecessary in this series. After their breakup, the story hard reset all of the relationships, meaning her arc was basically worthless in the plot. It's too bad because she was such a likeable character.

Suzuka should've been the star of the show, because without her and her development, there would be no story. The problem is, we never get to know what she's thinking. We see her change from a bit of a kuudere at first to the 99% tsun for most of the series. It's okay to have an angry, hurting girl as a main, but she should be fleshed out more. Instead we get many shots of her jealous or emo face, and then it's back to ruining Yamato's day.

The main problem here is the lack of depth in the Kazuki story. Yeah it's traumatic, but in an anime story that's like one arc's worth of story before you resolve it and move on, not 26 episodes. The final graveyard scene was well done. I really liked how it showed Suzuka finally letting go. But it could've happened before Honoka's arc.

Overall, even though the themes were good and realistic enough, the story dragged its way through the 26 episodes without much character development.
Jun 14, 2017 4:48 PM

Jan 2013
Okay this was pretty bad. Imma give it a 4
Sep 25, 2017 5:10 PM

Oct 2014
I wish I could like this I really do. I think it handles teenage relationships in a much more mature, realistic way than some of the other airy fairy idealized high school romance anime.

However it's damn near impossible to like Suzuka. It's like the author didnt understand the concept of tsundere and created a sociopathic bipolar character who switches from cold/apathetic to angry to cutesy then back to apathetic all in the space of 10 seconds.

It probably goes without saying but the single worst feature of this anime is the DEAD love rival. That alone is not the end of the world but its the fact that after everything happened she STILL was crying herself to sleep clutching the picture of dead guy then at the very end of the anime she basically SETTLES for the main character. And she does it in the most half assed nonchalant manner possible. Some fucking romance that is. Jesus Christ what a horrible ending lmao.

It's not like I require a happy ending for it to be good but it feels like the continuation of this story is him strangling her in her sleep 10 years down the line when she finally causes him to snap and lose his sanity.
MightySheepSep 25, 2017 5:17 PM
Mar 2, 2018 7:00 PM

Jun 2014
I liked the anime (05/10). And I liked the girl, in contrast to many here. The issue is that for more than 500 minutes of screenplay, the ending was not nearly as satisfying as it should be.

Now, I've discovered that the anime ends at chapter 73/166 of the manga. Great. Time to read a bit.
Sep 30, 2019 2:17 AM
Dec 2018
Borderline personality disorder female and stalker Male. Honoka was a better character and their 2 best friends were much nicer people. Frustrating series. And, maybe this is just me, I'd like to respect the fact that someone important to my crush died in a tragic accident and not act like someone with blue balls the whole time. This writer did this in another story he wrote. I wonder if he ever got rejected by someone with a dead ex boyfriend?
Gab5Sep 30, 2019 10:21 AM
Jan 30, 2020 4:17 PM

Jul 2012
So yes, dead thread, but I'd still like to post.

So I got School Rumble on DVD a few months ago (I didn't watch it until recently, but that was one of my favorite anime).

In it, there was an ad about an anime about a high jumper. With high jump being my favorite event in Track and Field (I did it in High School, only did Triple in college), I was super excited. I knew it was going to be more about romance, but I thought with the sports tag, and it being by the same studio that did School Rumble that it would be awesome.

It turned into a fiasco about a sprinter who was weird, and really ignorant around the better two characters (Miki and Honoka).

The side characters were the only reason I still liked this show. Hatori is one of the better characters I've seen in an anime like this in a while, and was one of the few bright spots.

Bad animation, bad script (I watched it dubbed), and terrible plot progression, I am giving the show a 4/10. It was bad.

I will give it positives for a decent supporting cast, a super okayish soundtrack, and being about track and field (despite getting away from the best event).

I'm so glad Studio Comet picked School Rumble to get a season 2 over Suzuka, but the fact this doesn't have him going up against his rival again was extremely frustrating.
Jul 23, 2020 10:02 PM

Dec 2012
im having a headache watching the ending lol..
i probably will like this anime in my early started watching anime,,
Mar 23, 2023 4:49 AM
Feb 2021
In the end the most shit character was yamato
Apr 13, 2023 10:55 AM

Aug 2014
I can see why those who like this anime liked this anime.  And I can see why those who didnt like this anime didnt like this anime. 

Suzuka (the anime) does a good job in making sure that the characters are not stuck inside a school for the whole anime.  These characters have lives outside the school. 

There is even romantic progress in this anime, with characters taking initiative in confessing and making moves on the person that they like. 

And honestly, there are no bland characters here. Everything is unique and has a different types of personalities and emotions like a person. 

But this is the problem with this anime = IT IS A DRAG TO GET THROUGH EACH EPISODE!!!!   

When im watching a 20-minutes episode of this anime, it feels like im sitting down for two hours.  Its just a dragging experience, a non-fun-experience watching an episode of this anime.  

I could only watch one episode per day to complete this anime; it took me almost a month to complete it.  I really wish that this anime was much shorter than 26 episodes. 

And I have no idea why these two beauties of woman have such a crush on the male MC that they are so madly in love with him. He was nothing special and its not like he did anything special to win them over either. 
oooo3333Apr 15, 2023 11:30 PM
Apr 27, 2023 1:43 PM
Feb 2019
This is the most normal ending of all I've seen like its title name.
7/10 because there are so many episodes that should have ended at 12 and a lot of unnecessary dramas
Jul 27, 2023 10:10 AM
Jul 2020
MasterOnani said:
I would like it better if he ended up with Honoka :(
He wants a girl who he can fight with, argue with, and call names back and forth...
Mar 6, 5:29 AM

Aug 2012
Did this shows love confession finale really have the male lead wearing a shirt saying "Spunky City" on it? lol
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suzuka Episode 19 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 28, 2009

28 by BlaizeV »»
Mar 5, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Suzuka Episode 18 Discussion

22 by BlaizeV »»
Mar 4, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Suzuka Episode 25 Discussion

25 by chriskris91 »»
Sep 24, 2023 1:12 PM

Poll: » Suzuka Episode 22 Discussion

12 by chriskris91 »»
Sep 23, 2023 9:16 AM

Poll: » Suzuka Episode 21 Discussion

14 by kittygirl21 »»
Sep 21, 2023 1:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.