Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2009 4:34 PM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wait wasn't there something about Oscar being blamed for Antoinette's "misscarriage", so people just let that one slide or something?
Nov 3, 2009 10:25 PM

Mar 2007
Ah, Rosalie, you are not the only girl in love with Oscar here XD
Feb 26, 2011 6:01 PM

Sep 2009
lesbian love while they're both dressed as men
now THAT is some good stuff
hahahaha

phantom thief jeanne is back lol
Mar 3, 2011 5:08 AM

Apr 2009
MagEarwhig said:
Wait wasn't there something about Oscar being blamed for Antoinette's "misscarriage", so people just let that one slide or something?
Yeah what happened with that?
Sep 5, 2011 7:27 AM

Feb 2010
saintcross said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

You're right, that seems very strange.

Anyway, I liked this episode a lot, the main reason being that Antoinette only appeared for a short time. Jeanne/Rosalie/Poignac are the side characters that really interest me the most and I'm glad the focus went on them again. Very lucky though that Poignac was sick the day of the ball, otherwise she would be identified as the murderer. But in any case I can't imagine too much time pass before that happens now that Antoinette has even invited her to the court.
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 6, 2011 10:40 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah, it was kind of odd that nothing really came of Oscar being blamed for the miscarriage. Made that seem like a wasted episode, though it did develop Antoinette quite a bit.

Anyway, this was a solid episode. I pretty much enjoyed everything, though Rosalie suddenly being in love with Oscar came out of nowhere. I wish that had been set up a little better in the previous episode at least.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 15, 2013 1:06 AM

Sep 2010
I found my OTP at last and its yuri. xD

Wow Jeanne looked like she didn't give a fuck when she heard her Mom died all she care about is money and rank now...>_> Shows how greed and power can change a person completely.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
May 23, 2013 2:01 AM

Oct 2012
It's nice that we got to see some training at the beginning.

I too was expecting to see some backlash from Polignac blaming the "miscarriage" on Oscar. Oh well, looks like Oscar's being dragged into the drama either way.

Rosalie has the hots for Oscar, ooh-la-la!
Oct 16, 2013 12:33 AM

Jul 2008
So nothing from the miscarriage? That's a little disappointing. So now Oscar and Rosalie aim to kill the same woman and yet they don't know it and to top it off the one who insulted Rosalie was Pongac's daughter, ugh.

And Jeanne is still a super bitch.
Nov 3, 2013 4:35 AM

Apr 2012
How come this show had so many annoying cunts? Man, i can't wait for the day where Pongac is stabbed by Rosailie's rapier. Now that would be satisfying.
Apr 1, 2014 3:29 PM

Dec 2011
Charlotte is a real piece of work, just like her mother. I hate the both of them

Sep 30, 2014 5:17 PM

Jul 2011
Wait, Rosalie's suddenly in love with Oscar. And Oscar's even carrying her around. XD

Well, can't help falling in love with Oscar. No matter how sudden. :P

Everything is starting to build up again, but I still want the revolution!
Oct 2, 2014 4:37 PM

Mar 2012
Found it hilarious how Rosalie just threw the fan at Charlotte.
Mar 9, 2015 7:11 PM

Apr 2014
GOD BLESS YURI!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2016 9:48 AM
Nov 2014
Rosalie x Oscar pls.
May 5, 2016 6:53 AM

Oct 2014
Am I the only one who can't understand the logic behind Rosealie hatred? Do we blame the passenger or the driver? Imagine if you were in a taxi but the driver run someone over by accident but apparently, it was YOUR fault, you are the fucking killer.

Thank you Rose of Versailles for showing us the true path of common sense. The next time I'm in a taxi, I'll remember that it's my fault if something unfortunate happened.

Don't get me wrong, I do get the fact Polignac should have done something to help put but come on, blame the driver too! But least we can finally get rid of Polignac.

P.S. I like how they made the miscarriage issue seem so irrelevant. The plot called for it after all~
Jun 10, 2016 11:03 PM

Jan 2013
This anime is literally dominated by a horde of bitches.
The miscarriage thing was wiped off from the earth for some reason. And what's with the love between Rosalie and Oscar?

16 episodes in and while this has been good. It has been no where near to the praise it deserves. Here's hoping the real masterpiece starts during the 2nd half.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Jul 9, 2017 3:32 AM

Jul 2015
All the misscarriage drama with Oscar not mentioned anymore, Jeanne still a complete bitch and people actually falling for her tricks, wow.
Dec 11, 2017 4:01 PM

Nov 2016
Even Charlotte is an arrogant piece of shit, oh god,but her mother is still worse :S

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 10, 2019 5:04 AM
Jul 2018
Like mother, like daughter. Charlotte not different than Polignac.

Rosalie is falling for Oscar? Good Lord...
Sep 10, 2020 4:39 AM

Jul 2015
Goodbye to the André x Oscar ship....and welcome to Rosalie x Oscar

Had to cheer there when Rosalie headshotted Charlotte with a fan, who is coincidally the daugher of ,the mother killer, Polignac

Jan 7, 2021 9:04 AM

Mar 2020
Damn, poor Rosalie... Jeanne is still a bitch after all, she didn't even say anything when Rosalie told her their mom died. Also it seems that Jeanne wants to get close to the queen now, this is getting really interesting now.
Joe, Joe Forever....
Feb 9, 2021 6:09 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Madame du Polignac's daughter is a piece of work, just like her mother.

I expected Oscar to be in a world of hurt because of the miscarriage? Maybe it will be relevant again?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 2, 2021 10:15 AM

Nov 2018
No one really mentionted an obvious thing ... Rosalie's real mom is most likely that bitch that killed her adoptive mother. Rosalie and both Polignac females have really similar facial structures and hair colour.
I hate everyone equally
Mar 30, 2021 7:22 PM

Aug 2018
Lol Oscar acts so manly that shes turning girls lesbian

The part when Rosalie was crying at the ball was so hard to watch, I was cringeing so hard.

Jun 13, 2021 10:21 AM
Apr 2020
Zevven said:
No one really mentionted an obvious thing ... Rosalie's real mom is most likely that bitch that killed her adoptive mother. Rosalie and both Polignac females have really similar facial structures and hair colour.

I remember reading that on Wikipedia that Polignac’s first name is Gabrielle so pretty sure she is. Rosalie and Charlotte look alike too
Apr 5, 2022 6:43 AM

Oct 2018
- Rosalie doesn't really try hiding her thirst for Oscar XD
- It seems that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree in the case of Charlotte
~Spiritual Healing~

May 27, 2022 9:29 PM

Dec 2021
too many blondes in this show and they all look the same
Jul 31, 2022 8:55 PM

Apr 2016
I guess since it was someone else party the miscarriage wasn't mention unless is not going to get adressed again.

I loved when Rosalie threw her fan to Charlotte and when she told Jeanne about their mom's death.

Poor thing she has fallen for Oscar who couldn't be less interested in romance.

Great episode.
Feb 16, 2023 4:41 AM

Oct 2019
Lot of ppl bring up the miscarriage. I wanna believe that it might get addressed later on. If not, that will be kinda a waste. But man, Rosalie falling for Oscar. I mean, who wouldn't. Even the other court ladies be swooning for Oscar.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

May 27, 2023 3:08 AM

Jan 2021
Aaa... I blushed at the scene with Oscar and Rosalie at the beginning. ><

I liked when Rosalie threw her hand fan at Charlotte's face hahah, that was pretty cool. It's nice to see her doing that instead of just standing there and crying when she's humiliated.

And I just realized, the late King with Madame du Barry, the current King with Marie, Nicholas with Jeanne... and Madame Polignac.... women are definitely scary....

Dec 2, 2023 1:11 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to kushmonatl
too many blondes in this show and they all look the same
@kushmonatl I actually agree with this criticism. It's even more pronounced since they all have blue eyes, and very similar hairstyles and dresses.
Dec 2, 2023 1:12 AM

Apr 2017
As of now, I'm more interested in Jeanne. Mostly to see her get her comeuppance from Rosalie. Jeanne has to scheme to get a random noble manor, while Rosalie is in good with Oscar, and soon to be the queen.
Apr 2, 4:32 PM
Jul 2020
Love how all these different characters and perspectives are intertwining together, so it’s not just about one character! Such great storytelling!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 )

fanty - Nov 5, 2009

74 by GinGmaximum »»
Apr 19, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yma981 - Sep 23, 2008

65 by ArtimesGamer »»
Apr 19, 2:36 AM

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 8 Discussion

removed-user - Apr 19, 2009

41 by Natt_5cents »»
Apr 18, 9:01 AM

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 32 Discussion

DonKangolJones - Nov 30, 2008

48 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 4, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 17 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Sep 6, 2011

24 by ryougi_shiki07 »»
Apr 2, 6:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.