Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 26, 2009 4:28 PM

Jul 2006
Hey hey, we're watching Prince of Tennis this month.

If you havent seen this series yet, then please take the opportunity to start watching it now.

Streams.

But if you have, then be sure to give your thoughts on this super popular series.
MayukaMay 4, 2015 12:39 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 16, 2009 11:12 AM

Mar 2008
pretty old topic, but a watched PoT ... and I must say that the first half of it is excellent ... and after 120 or so epz ... when Echizen start to use his new power

the movie is awful, LAM is better .. trust me :D
the OVA-s are ok :)
the New Prince of Tennis (the manga) is awesome :D
The world is my country, science is my religion.
Anime Achievements
Oct 17, 2009 2:32 PM

May 2007
I think it's a definite must see for a sports anime fan but it doesn't have the staying power of some other series for me.

I remember enjoying it a lot the first time around... but I can't really bear to sit through the whole thing as a re-watch. I think the pacing becomes more tedious the second time around, especially once the amusement with his special tennis moves wears off.

But I still think it's a great cast of characters and the special episodes are really cute and funny and appealing. =) And it really is super fun the first time. =)
Nov 19, 2009 6:26 AM

Mar 2009
I agree with the people above.
In the beginning the anime feels fresh with awesome characters, but in the end with the powers is doesnt feel right, and it feels forced in the plotline.
Dec 21, 2009 11:11 AM

Dec 2007
ive seen 50 ep and i love this anime i hope it doesnt het really bad after 120~ episode as a lot pf people allready said :(
Dec 22, 2009 10:37 PM
Dec 2008
I love this anime

I already Finished watching it on
let me see....
about last year i think

It was awesome
Jan 31, 2010 7:27 AM

Mar 2009
Kimberlyn said:
I love this anime

I already Finished watching it on
let me see....
about last year i think

It was awesome

I love it too:)
I watched all of it: series, ova and movies.

I finished it last holiday, i glad there were no school because i couldn't get away from the computer:))
Oct 22, 2010 8:34 AM

Oct 2010
I really liked this show when i first watched it.
The second time round it was still pretty good in my eyes.
As some poeple have already mentioned after a while the skills they gain start getting out of hand, especially in the notional champs parts.
I havnt seen anyone talk about the characters which is think is really one of PoTs strong points Tezuka is an absolute beast.
Oct 23, 2010 8:28 AM

Mar 2008
ryxd said:
I havnt seen anyone talk about the characters which is think is really one of PoTs strong points Tezuka is an absolute beast.

Well for me the best side character is Jirou Akutagawa, to bad he did't had much screen time :(
His match against Shusuke Fuji was one of the best IMO ^^

From the main characters the best is ... well i must go with Fuji :D
The world is my country, science is my religion.
Anime Achievements
Oct 26, 2010 10:07 AM

Aug 2009
ElemenT said:
ryxd said:

Well for me the best side character is Jirou Akutagawa, to bad he did't had much screen time :(
His match against Shusuke Fuji was one of the best IMO ^^

From the main characters the best is ... well i must go with Fuji :D

Agreed, my fav character overall is Fuji. Because of the moves and attitude they gave his character its always fun watching his matches.
Apr 22, 2014 6:11 PM

Jul 2012
Is this event still going on? LOL We should still do these.
Apr 22, 2014 6:43 PM

Jun 2008
Maybe we should make it a yearly event to choose the official sports anime.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Aug 12, 2014 8:58 PM

Jul 2012
Oh, I finished PoT a few days ago...So unrealistic but nevertheless, it's a classic and as a sports lover, it was hella fun to watch, with great ikemen ;) I need another sports anime ASAP that has as large of a cast as PoT.

Favourite characters: Fuji, Shiraishi, Atobe, Inui, Eiji, Kajimoto

sbyrstall said:

Only issue is that we'd finish it too quickly LOL Also, there's a Yawara! simulwatch going over at the Simulwatch club if anyone's interested.
Aug 14, 2014 6:01 PM

Jul 2006
mayukachan said:
Oh, I finished PoT a few days ago...So unrealistic but nevertheless, it's a classic and as a sports lover, it was hella fun to watch, with great ikemen ;) I need another sports anime ASAP that has as large of a cast as PoT.

Favourite characters: Fuji, Shiraishi, Atobe, Inui, Eiji, Kajimoto

sbyrstall said:

Only issue is that we'd finish it too quickly LOL Also, there's a Yawara! simulwatch going over at the Simulwatch club if anyone's interested.

PoT is so nostalgic for me. When I first started watching anime I remember thinking that the series was too long for me to ever finish. My fav parts of the series are actually probably the fillers, like when echizen goes on that "date" and everyone follows him. Inui was my fav character.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Apply for Staff

Mayuka - Nov 25, 2015

12 by Mayuka »»
May 14, 2018 10:41 AM

» Running/Track & Field

Dodecahedron-O24 - Apr 17, 2014

8 by RunningShirtGuy »»
May 9, 2018 12:38 PM

Sticky: » Introduce Yourself ( 1 2 3 )

June - Dec 5, 2007

139 by RunningShirtGuy »»
May 9, 2018 12:36 PM

» First Anime? ( 1 2 )

June - Jul 29, 2007

73 by Noene »»
Nov 19, 2017 7:29 PM

» Sports anime/manga that inspired you to play the game?

Vivie - Nov 25, 2015

40 by Mishina »»
Jun 29, 2017 4:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.