Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Wait a minute, Phantom Task is supposed to at least 50 years old yet the seem heavily focused on IS.

New
Feb 8, 2014 4:28 AM

Jun 2013
I don't remember this being mentioned in the LNs, but according to Tropes, Phantom Task was around at least during WWII. But IS cant be more than 10 years old. Yet we have only seen 3 members of PT, all 3 are pilot's, there only goal is stealing more IS suits, and Squall appears to be the leader with no one seemingly above her.

Is this just a case of we only see part of PT, or a case they shifted to IS focus recently, or the author screwing up again.

And another thing that bugs me, Squall and Autumn seem to be decently old, ie at least mid twenties or maybe older. How did they get their suits, since both look pretty impressive, and then how did they learn to use them. We see with Ichika, that just being able to pilot an IS does not make you a natural. All the girls seem to have been preparing for IS well before they entered the academy. So even if they got them somehow, how did they acquire the training to use them as they do? Like I said, Ichika is shown to be competent in Kendo, so its not like he is some bum yet it doesn't help him; so even if both had military training in another field it doesn't seem to be something that would naturally lend itself to being good IS pilots.

I could actually make the same point about Tatenashi. Sure her family apparently deals in some sort of black ops/ military/ special something, yet IS has only been around for 10 or so years, so for Tatenashi to perfectly come out as a genius in IS right when the family needs it is also suspect.

Feb 13, 2014 8:52 PM

Jan 2013
You are thinking too much and/or at all. IS2 require brain death to enjoy. Nothing makes sense in this anime as its only for fan service and entertainment for the mentally challenged individuals.
Feb 13, 2014 9:53 PM

Jun 2013
Vooo said:
You are thinking too much and/or at all. IS2 require brain death to enjoy. Nothing makes sense in this anime as its only for fan service and entertainment for the mentally challenged individuals.

Well actually that info was not in the anime, light novel only, but I guess.

^also hope we eventually get another Resurrection Princess anime
Feb 24, 2014 7:37 PM
Oct 2012
from what i can see phantom task is about well gaining power. they must have existed before IS was created. as for Vooos comment i do agree that this whole season was a let down and contained only fan service. i think they deserve one more chance form me if they make a 3rd season. the only part i loved about this season was tabune shinonono, love that crazy chick!
Feb 12, 2015 6:14 PM
Feb 2015
wait a minute, here r some ?'s i have to ask, Phantom Task: Why is phantom task stealing IS units?
What's their plans?
Who are they?
How are they related to ichika being kidnapped, when he was a kid & their reason for kidnapping him in the 1st place?
Piloting IS: we know IS was invented for space exploration, so why people suddenly start putting weapons on them, and use them in the military?
How come only females can pilot them?
if they're putting weapon on something that was meant for space travel, why have kids pilot them?
P.T & IS: is the reason for ichika's parents abandoning him & his sister could be related to him being able to pilot a IS?
Are they more members of Phantom Task?
What secrets are chifuyu are hiding about M, and her brother?

More topics from this board

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

110 by HOOfan_1 »»
Feb 22, 2023 5:48 AM

» IS is better if you just pretend Ichika isn't really there. ( 1 2 )

--ALEX-- - Oct 10, 2013

52 by marcelosadasilva »»
Sep 25, 2022 11:49 AM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2013

225 by Odysseus88 »»
Sep 1, 2022 12:11 AM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2013

90 by SIKABOBADIGA »»
Aug 31, 2022 1:14 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

111 by MxS7HGS »»
Aug 10, 2022 12:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.