Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 8, 2014 6:18 AM

Jun 2013
kamijoan said:
Sooooooo..... how does he even use magic and commands? XD
Any NPC can just appear and be a one-death-adventurer?

People of the Land can use magic just like Adventurers. However, they are restricted by a level cap and also gain experience much more slower (four times if I remember correctly). This also indirectly demonstrates Rundelhaus' awesomeness as he had to work much harder than anyone else before even reaching the level he had during the summer training camp (it also shows why he thought his level was high enough to brag about during his introductory scenes...XD).
Feb 8, 2014 6:18 AM

Apr 2012
I think I squeeled like a little girl this entire episode.

F'ing awesome!!!
Feb 8, 2014 6:35 AM

Aug 2009
How much does Minori exactly know as to why she thinks there's still hope if Shiroe comes? Does she simply have so much faith that Shiroe could think of a way, or does Minori know the nature of People of the land that she'd think Shiroe could do something about it?
Feb 8, 2014 6:36 AM

May 2010
Oh fuck fuck fuck.... this episode was fucking awesome!

What Shiroe will do? can't wait!! :D
Feb 8, 2014 6:38 AM
Nov 2013
VerneJules said:
How much does Minori exactly know as to why she thinks there's still hope if Shiroe comes? Does she simply have so much faith that Shiroe could think of a way, or does Minori know the nature of People of the land that she'd think Shiroe could do something about it?

pure faith, Shiroe is god to her
Feb 8, 2014 6:44 AM

Jun 2013
Oh well look, 6 more episodes left for this awesome MMORPG-based light novel anime adaptation.

This week is episode is just awesome. Epic fight scenes. Great character development. We can really see that Minori's party has developed, they are more matured mentally and physically. The scene that we've been waiting just came ture. Rudy is dead.

Watching the next episode's preview, I'm hyped up for the next episode;
"But to grant Minori's wish, Shiroe challenges the laws...
-- For a true friend, who would travel with you to find a dawn that no one ever has seen."
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Feb 8, 2014 6:45 AM

May 2010
man crusty looked badass vs the goblins. looks like Rudy is back in next episode (ep 20 preview)
very intense episode..especially at the end.
Sent with Mal Updater
Feb 8, 2014 6:45 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Poor Rudy, he wanted to be an adventured so he worked much harder than anyone else. The rain, different types of monsters, made it hard for the camp group to overcome, and I assume Rudy took out the two dire wolfs since they weren't shown after Rudy was found on the ground.

Minori contacting Shiro, and Shiro sounding surprised yet worried because of her tone.

Preview looks great and interesting.

So now the ending quote is "We will change..."

Feb 8, 2014 6:51 AM

Dec 2009
Looking for Shiroe go to the battle and kisk some ass with some high level spells!

This show are getting better. I hope the second season is not far!
Feb 8, 2014 6:55 AM

Dec 2013
What an amazing beginning to our goblin horde war. I actually wasn't expecting Rudy to go down(I spoiled myself awhile back). This is probably my 2nd favorite episode to date. The Round Table Episode will probably stay my favorite to then end, only if we get a 10/10 ending, which I hope so.
Feb 8, 2014 6:58 AM

Apr 2009
Man, Crusty is such a champ.
Feb 8, 2014 6:58 AM

Oct 2011
Gross SOBBBBBBBBBBBBBB. I can't stop the tears. Rudy NOOO why !!!!! T____T. Please save him!!!
Feb 8, 2014 7:04 AM

Nov 2010
Rudy actually died way before his dramatic death, he was actually one of those cows that the goblins were chewing on. Those cow NPCs were linked to Rudy.
Feb 8, 2014 7:06 AM

Aug 2013
Riez said:

-- For a true friend, who would travel with you to find a dawn that no one ever has seen."

Heh I just realize that's this show's tagline. And now I know why they're called Log Horizon.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 8, 2014 7:09 AM

May 2013
Awesome episode, poor Rudy...All he wanted was to become an adventurer :(
Feb 8, 2014 7:11 AM

Jun 2013
props to badass rudy. to bad his girl thinks of him a a dog now and then...so sad.
Feb 8, 2014 7:17 AM

Apr 2012
MagisterArcanum said:
kamijoan said:
Sooooooo..... how does he even use magic and commands? XD
Any NPC can just appear and be a one-death-adventurer?

People of the Land can use magic just like Adventurers. However, they are restricted by a level cap and also gain experience much more slower (four times if I remember correctly). This also indirectly demonstrates Rundelhaus' awesomeness as he had to work much harder than anyone else before even reaching the level he had during the summer training camp (it also shows why he thought his level was high enough to brag about during his introductory scenes...XD).

Thanks for the answer XD

I was also thinking.... they had a somewhat convincing talk about the real world's stores n' stuff.... how did he even know? why....? eeeee? D:
Feb 8, 2014 7:19 AM

May 2009
Kyzen said:
dear madhouse this is how you make an episode! even after reading log horizon, the anime adaptation is beyond amazing!! please HXH make yours as good as Log horizon!! such epic episode an easy 5/5

It's Satelight not Madhouse
Feb 8, 2014 7:27 AM

Mar 2011
This was the best episode so far.
I almost cryed over Rudy.
Feb 8, 2014 7:36 AM

Feb 2009
bastek66 said:
Kyzen said:
dear madhouse this is how you make an episode! even after reading log horizon, the anime adaptation is beyond amazing!! please HXH make yours as good as Log horizon!! such epic episode an easy 5/5

He mentioned HxH which is probably HunterxHunter which is a manga so that's not it. He's probably referring to Mahou Sensou, done by Madhouse and also an LN.
Eh, I don't get it as well.
Feb 8, 2014 7:38 AM

Nov 2012
Great to see how far Minori's group has come since they first started and Rudy definitely deserves to be considered an adventurer after that sacrifice play.

Crusty is a badass, but I would've liked for his fight to be a little longer, we'll probably see more of it in the next few episodes.

Akatsuki and Shiroe need to join the fight asap.
Feb 8, 2014 7:40 AM

Aug 2009
At his rate, Rudy would never be an adventurer. But he kept on training, he could be a precursor instead. Well, Rudy's manliness has been shown splendidly. Revive him, o mighty archmage Shiroe!
Feb 8, 2014 7:41 AM

Aug 2012
Amazing episode. The battle was spectacular. 10/10 everything.
Rudy :(
Looks like Shiroe is about to break the laws of the world in the next episode. Can't wait to see!
Feb 8, 2014 7:52 AM

Aug 2013
Woah I missed playing online games after watching this episode (Ragnarok)
Can't wait for the next episode :D
Feb 8, 2014 7:53 AM

Jul 2013
GENERALxRAIDEN said:
Great to see how far Minori's group has come since they first started and Rudy definitely deserves to be considered an adventurer after that sacrifice play.

Crusty is a badass, but I would've liked for his fight to be a little longer, we'll probably see more of it in the next few episodes.

Akatsuki and Shiroe need to join the fight asap.

dont worry about krusty, next episode his awesomeness continues.
also, sadly akatsuki wont play a major role untill her arc in book 6, which the anime wont cover. but dont worry, she will appear there and here untill second season, if we get one
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Feb 8, 2014 7:59 AM

Mar 2013
Datebase.............
we living in a daterbase.........

I love the opening song but why there isnt a new 1.
Feb 8, 2014 8:10 AM
Dec 2012
what i pick up when i play dota2 when fighting against powerful enemy we basically have 3 ssolutions
1. run like hell
2. leave this to me and go on ahead
3. i shall ditch you to die( if your friend get caught)
extra: juke them hit and run till they die , in this situation they focus on taking the matter in their own hand too much but since they fight on the bridge use emergency barrier to run away is legit but they won't know that Rudy is people of the land otherwise , so i guess "let's Rudy be a hero" plan works too.

5/5 ps. Lenezzia hime can saw through the thick armor of a mighty Barbarian , they were made for each other after all.
Feb 8, 2014 8:20 AM

Jan 2014
finally we get to see some high level fighting, crusty is a beast
Wanna listen to some good OP/ED songs? Head over to my profile!
Feb 8, 2014 8:34 AM

Dec 2008
RUDY!!!! Oh, gawd!!! NOOOOOO!!!! Shiroe, please save him!!!!!

And...that Crusty is a battle beast!!

Sent with Mal Updater
Feb 8, 2014 8:35 AM

Apr 2011
RIP Rudy. You're badass till the end...

...kidding!

He'll be fine. Looks like Shiroe revived him in the next episode pv.
Feb 8, 2014 8:41 AM

Aug 2012
This is the Only anime that makes me want to go back to gaming again.. Like tera and form a group and dungeon together with my friends.. I'm just waiting for Everquest next to come out and make a guild again and start new! xD

Or maybe an Elder Tale Online! oh man just imagine the 2nd class that we barely see in any game. and the voice chat in game..

OHHHH! Rudy! you the man!

And i feel like we about to see Shiroe move? i mean fck yeah! i've been waiting for him!
"I don't like Megane, I love them"

Feb 8, 2014 8:50 AM

Oct 2013
HybridMBL said:
Dang that was a good ep

Yes it was it
Feb 8, 2014 8:51 AM

May 2013
Those fighting scenes are awesome. Poor Rudy though. Hopefully he can be saved.
Feb 8, 2014 8:52 AM

May 2012
Really great episode. War is no joke in this game. Krusty is really killing shit out there. Minori trying to become the Shiroe. Love the way she using tactics and predicting the fights. Even if it's just 5 seconds. Poor Rudy. I really feel for that boy. Wonder how Shiroe is going to save him.
Feb 8, 2014 8:57 AM

May 2013
Great episode
Feb 8, 2014 8:58 AM

Mar 2012
My guess is that Rudy will be revived by making him to become a familiar next episode.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 8, 2014 9:05 AM

May 2013
NOO RUDY! I wonder how Shiroe revives him next episode, if he really does and that isn't just Rudy getting the strength to say his final words. Amazing battle, I really felt the hopelessness in the middle of the fight in the rain. Minori is getting good at strategy but she really needs to improve more to keep "taking the fight to the goblins".
belatkuro said:
bastek66 said:
Kyzen said:

He mentioned HxH which is probably HunterxHunter which is a manga so that's not it. He's probably referring to Mahou Sensou, done by Madhouse and also an LN.
Eh, I don't get it as well.
He apparently thinks the Hunter x Hunter (2011) anime adaption is bad (which it isn't) and is telling Madhouse (who animates it) that this is how you make an epic episode and that it is easy (which it isn't).
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Feb 8, 2014 9:26 AM

Jul 2012
The battle were good, and Rudy is magnificent, hope they will ress him! Btw, why the level 90 need to refill mp? They will just oneshot all the goblins and wolves lvl 30 with one autoattack, ffs!
Feb 8, 2014 9:31 AM

Mar 2012
xNihalx said:
The battle were good, and Rudy is magnificent, hope they will ress him! Btw, why the level 90 need to refill mp? They will just oneshot all the goblins and wolves lvl 30 with one autoattack, ffs!
Y'know that's not the first wave. They handle a lot before and they have very major number disadvantage.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Feb 8, 2014 9:57 AM

Nov 2012
It's amazing how they explain game mechanics and how much they make sense. Oh, poor Rudy, that was really sad. I wonder what can Shiroe do about Rudy to bring him back to life. From the preview, he had his eyes opened and seemed alive. I hope he will be ok.
"I can have food or drinks spilled on me, or even be spit at and ill laugh about it ,
However , If for any reason you hurt a friend of mine, I won't forgive you!"

- Red-Haired Shanks
Feb 8, 2014 10:14 AM

Dec 2012
Freaking awesome episode. Some war tactics put in finally as the story approaches the climax. Looks like Rudy may be able to come back thanks to Shiroe or maybe even that old mage dude who just comes out of nowhere to make a contract with Rudy.
Feb 8, 2014 10:15 AM

Sep 2012
Nooooo Rudyyy! Don't die! I almost cried here
Shiroe, save him!
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Feb 8, 2014 10:46 AM
Mar 2011
Great episode. Love the fact that this anime doesn't need a budget to be good. Or the premise of "you die here, you die for real".....
oh wait, nm. RUDDDYYYYYYYYY.
Feb 8, 2014 10:51 AM

Jul 2013
the episode proved why rudy is my favorite character in lh, and the fact that he has the same seiyuu of natsu makes it more epic
Feb 8, 2014 10:58 AM

May 2012
NUUU RUDY!! Damn you wolves coming out of no where like that.

I really love how deep this show gets and how well things like the game mechanics are explained and just make so much sense.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Feb 8, 2014 11:01 AM

Jul 2013
Damn such an intense episode, mostly around battles, and strategic movements. Minori's group grew up really fast and can handle things even on tough situations, scoring major points on that one.

Though Rudy man, such a great character, having his own feelings that he wants to be the Adventures. Hope there is some ways to revive him.

Feb 8, 2014 11:14 AM
Jan 2013
Wow, battle is intense, looks like Shion's tactic is a well oiled machine.
Feb 8, 2014 11:18 AM
Aug 2013
Oh man, this episode was great. Can't wait for the next.
Feb 8, 2014 11:34 AM

Nov 2012
nooo, rudy :_:
i hope they can revive him though. i wonder why he wanted to be an adventurer..
Feb 8, 2014 11:41 AM

Oct 2013
Loved this episode, glad to see some more fighting and can't wait to see Shiroe next ep
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

265 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.