Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Higashi no Eden Episode 7 Discussion

Oct 7, 2017 9:49 PM

Nov 5, 2017 1:48 PM

what a waste of money xD
was fun to watch them stop each others and find out who is who

Dec 29, 2017 5:51 AM

So Kuroha was actually taking out men who were involved in sexually assaulting women...she had a method to her madness. And Akira was involved in Careless Monday...I wonder how and why. That was quite the twist with the man not being Ohsugi and the illusion. I felt bad for Saki walking in on a naked Akira with Kuroha.

Feb 17, 2018 10:15 PM

This episode was all kinds of trippy.
Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 8, 2018 10:11 PM

And this is the episode that made me sorely regret purchasing the series. This infantile repetition of "Johnny" as a euphemism is obnoxious. Who the heck even uses that euphemism anymore?

This could have been a really cool, deep exploration of the notion of justice, what with the hint that the motive for the murders was not actually a bad one. But no. Shallow resolution. The real moment of absolute palm-to-forehead, however, was when Kuroha indicates that she was most likely the victim of rape in the past and Takizawa's response isn't "That's horrible!" or "I'm so sorry that happened" or even just "I understand now why you're doing this, but mass murder on this scale isn't the way (for whatever ethical reason)." Nope. It's "Well, you just haven't felt love from a Johnny." Are. You. SERIOUS RIGHT NOW?!

That's a really stupid line to begin with. But you're honestly going to tell a potential rape victim that their issue is easily solved just by feeling "love" from male genitalia? What the--! I can't even. Sex and love, not the same thing. Minimizing the problem to genitalia, not how people treat each other, kinda just re-enforces the whole root of the problem with sexual objectification. Plus, this sounds waaaay too much like the folks who think that you can cure a gay orientation with straight sex. You can cure PTSD and rape with more random sex you didn't ask for! Totally logical! Our hero, ladies and gentleman!

Yeah. This episode made me despise Takizawa. He is a tool. And it reflects my greater frustration with this series as a whole: They keep flirting with interesting dilemmas and ideas (could the mass murder of really horrible people be a form of justice? What happens when your sister falls in love with your husband and you don't even know about it? Where is the line drawn for a cop who starts off trying to do good, but who gets jaded and starts using shady methods? etc...), but they never actually devote any thought to them. They just throw them out, like ideas from a hat, and then immediately end scene. Move along. Cute interlude in budding relationship. Nothing else to see here.

Look, if they want to be a pure fluff show, then just be that! Don't keep throwing in more mature, interesting ideas, just to dismiss them or belittle real issues with juvenile humor. It adds nothing and just makes the characters seem like grade-A jerks.

Jan 29, 7:23 PM

Wtf why did this randomly turn into some fantasy bs? lol that end...

Apr 6, 5:24 AM

I found this episode quite intriguing too bad she is dead now.

nerojeko said:
Wtf why did this randomly turn into some fantasy bs? lol that end...
That was not a fantasy haven't you read the last purchase of Number 11 she used Juiz to create an illusion to suicide by jumping from that room without scaring Morimi.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]