Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Dec 29, 2017 5:51 AM

Feb 2015
So Kuroha was actually taking out men who were involved in sexually assaulting women...she had a method to her madness. And Akira was involved in Careless Monday...I wonder how and why. That was quite the twist with the man not being Ohsugi and the illusion. I felt bad for Saki walking in on a naked Akira with Kuroha.

Feb 17, 2018 10:15 PM

Sep 2017
This episode was all kinds of trippy.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 8, 2018 10:11 PM

Nov 2007
And this is the episode that made me sorely regret purchasing the series. This infantile repetition of "Johnny" as a euphemism is obnoxious. Who the heck even uses that euphemism anymore?

This could have been a really cool, deep exploration of the notion of justice, what with the hint that the motive for the murders was not actually a bad one. But no. Shallow resolution. The real moment of absolute palm-to-forehead, however, was when Kuroha indicates that she was most likely the victim of rape in the past and Takizawa's response isn't "That's horrible!" or "I'm so sorry that happened" or even just "I understand now why you're doing this, but mass murder on this scale isn't the way (for whatever ethical reason)." Nope. It's "Well, you just haven't felt love from a Johnny." Are. You. SERIOUS RIGHT NOW?!

That's a really stupid line to begin with. But you're honestly going to tell a potential rape victim that their issue is easily solved just by feeling "love" from male genitalia? What the--! I can't even. Sex and love, not the same thing. Minimizing the problem to genitalia, not how people treat each other, kinda just re-enforces the whole root of the problem with sexual objectification. Plus, this sounds waaaay too much like the folks who think that you can cure a gay orientation with straight sex. You can cure PTSD and rape with more random sex you didn't ask for! Totally logical! Our hero, ladies and gentleman!

Yeah. This episode made me despise Takizawa. He is a tool. And it reflects my greater frustration with this series as a whole: They keep flirting with interesting dilemmas and ideas (could the mass murder of really horrible people be a form of justice? What happens when your sister falls in love with your husband and you don't even know about it? Where is the line drawn for a cop who starts off trying to do good, but who gets jaded and starts using shady methods? etc...), but they never actually devote any thought to them. They just throw them out, like ideas from a hat, and then immediately end scene. Move along. Cute interlude in budding relationship. Nothing else to see here.

Look, if they want to be a pure fluff show, then just be that! Don't keep throwing in more mature, interesting ideas, just to dismiss them or belittle real issues with juvenile humor. It adds nothing and just makes the characters seem like grade-A jerks.
Jan 29, 2019 7:23 PM
Apr 2016
Wtf why did this randomly turn into some fantasy bs? lol that end...
Apr 6, 2019 5:24 AM

May 2016
I found this episode quite intriguing too bad she is dead now.

nerojeko said:
Wtf why did this randomly turn into some fantasy bs? lol that end...
That was not a fantasy haven't you read the last purchase of Number 11 she used Juiz to create an illusion to suicide by jumping from that room without scaring Morimi.

Feb 24, 2020 6:37 PM
Nov 2010
ending was just ridiculous and too unrealistic.... definitely brought down my rating of this show to 3 from 5... even disregarding it this ep was a tad cringey with all that talk about dicks... and why all of sudden the main character thinks he can absolve and fix murderer and rape victim with good sex... the whole story is idiotic so far but this takes the crown.
zazeFeb 25, 2020 5:21 PM
May 13, 2020 3:24 AM

Feb 2020
I was about to get mad over the fact that Blue-Haired Psycho has magic powers, but now I'm mad over the fact that she doesn't, just because I feel like the show thinks its viewers are completely stupid.
Seriously, "Oh look, the psycho has magic powers, woooooow black angel wings, look it's magiiiiiiic-actually no that was just special effects lolilol". What was the point. What was the point, I don't get it. (At least the music was pretty nice.)
Also, are they actually trying to make us have sympathy for Blue-Haired Psycho just because she never found a man who loved her so boo boo it's sad ? Because in my case, that's a total failure, and it's not the fact that her victim was a r*pist that's gonna make me care more about her, she's been portrayed as a psychopath since the beginning and now actually no, she's nice ? Villains like that can totally work when it's well done but here it's not well done, at all.
Also, Akira should really be more careful. He totally started being kind towards a psychopath just because of her sad past despite the fact that her victim was just below them. At this point it's not kindness, it's stupidity. Plus, he kissed Saki, and now he kisses another woman ? That's a jerk move !
And where is Saki's friend then if it wasn't him ?! I thought he was sending messages !
And Saki who cares more about Akira who she barely knows than about her friend.
Not to mention Juiz who apparently can answer to every Seleçao at any moment so can talk to multiple people at the same time... And then they expect us to believe there's no magic ?
Seriously I try to get invested in this show, I really do, but there are too many flaws, it's annoying, I don't even understand where it wants to go.

Edit : I suddenly realised the focus on the magic trick was a way to tell us that the r*pist might just be an illusion and the victim truly was Saki's friend... Okay, I admit I judged too fast on that part. But I still have issues with the rest.
FafetteMay 13, 2020 5:55 AM
Jun 19, 2020 7:03 PM
Dec 2012
Peep the helicopter outside the hotel window and think about it.
Jan 21, 2021 7:55 AM

Jun 2013
What in the fuck did I just watch?
Feb 10, 2021 6:04 AM

Apr 2017
If I hear Johnny one more time, I am going to punch my monitor.
cunnysseur
Apr 21, 2021 9:14 PM
Oct 2019
i can't tell if this episode made the show better or worse
Jul 1, 2021 8:03 AM

Jun 2020
"It seems like you've never gotten any love from a Johnny."

ah yes the masterful script writing. 10/10.
anyway, the wings threw me off. i wish this show would just stick with the somewhat grounded vibe and the mysteries it's been maintaining since the first half. it was going so well.
Aug 18, 2021 10:41 PM

Dec 2018
it's just an illusion bro it's cool
so where did she actually go, and if flying and breaking the window were two illusions, was the rapist thing the third and it really was their friend? wtf is going on?
Mar 23, 2022 10:50 PM

May 2020
Thought this battle was interesting. To save socciety or to keep it by it self two different things of user Selecao. I think I lost my point of this show but still enjoyable.
Jul 14, 2022 10:26 AM

Jun 2020
ehhhh there are a lot of plot holes im not digging. the comment a few above mine about the illusion covering up a suicide is cool but why would be so dramatic for one person. hope the guy blog posting is fine cause i want this penis cutting arc to end.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» WHAT THE HELL WAS IN THE TRUCKS?!

Sagepool - Feb 24

7 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Feb 25, 1:19 PM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grapeofdeath - Jun 18, 2009

432 by OneMoreFinal »»
Oct 21, 2023 4:06 PM

» IS THERE ANY "HARD" EDEN OF THE EAST FANS

hitsugaya111 - Mar 22, 2018

7 by rent-free »»
Jun 16, 2023 9:43 PM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Plate - Apr 9, 2009

404 by prozyne »»
Apr 9, 2023 1:35 AM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Apr 16, 2009

245 by Euroqean »»
Mar 29, 2023 6:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.