Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 1 Discussion

Apr 6, 2011 9:41 AM

Hyoroemon said:
What item will you get? Hahaha

Wonder why some idiots said "This series is f****n with my mind!". Duh, compare to my suffering listening to my friend speaking about time space relation( and worse, I understood it all) this is nothing.

Just read something about endless eight here http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090808095434AAc2vO7 hahaha. Fans rage after part V.

Even...! Now we see all ..Endless Eight is very good!

Apr 11, 2011 10:36 AM

Love Mikuru-chan!

Oct 2, 2011 5:34 PM

clannad4ever said:
great way to start S2 :p

i'm aware of the famous endless eight,but still,maybe the rest of the season will be awesome :)

5/5

This is how I feel.

Curious, does Haruhi remember what happened at the end of season 1? It seems not. What about the rest of the characters? Hmmm.
Such junk...

Jan 22, 2012 7:31 AM

Best fucking episode of the entire show, probably. I doubt the Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya will top this. 5/5

*applauds*
Modified by Tiago97, Jan 22, 2012 7:37 AM

Feb 27, 2012 6:09 PM

If I have to watch this damn August 17th - 31st time loop one more time I'm gonna go batshit insane.
Shameless self-promotion: http://www.pernerple.com/
Slyr3do0n said:
MAL is the dark underbelly of the anime community. While other naive fanboys and fangirls run around in real life forming clubs and squealing in deafening high pitch noises about their favourite animus, we remain here, meticulously dismantling the credibility of each and every show, until all that remains is a steaming pile of tropes and ass pulls which we then devour to gratiyfy our glutinous and masochistic desires.

Jun 24, 2012 3:51 AM

Well, that was certainly mindfuck when they were actually sleeping for 3 years and the old(?) kyon didn't even know they were there. Holy shit cakes.

Jul 14, 2012 1:20 PM

Nice episode :D

Aug 2, 2012 11:23 PM
Wait i saw this episode already. i confused

Jun 14, 2013 2:03 PM
Anime Moderator
Wow without me knowing, I watched this episode in the chronological order of the 2009 version =_=; good going animefreak...well I kind of figured when on episode 12 of animefreak, I was watching the first part of Endless Eight. Oh well. I did like this episode though.

Dec 4, 2013 4:10 PM

It was a good episode. Haruhi never cease to make me lol

But there's one thing I don't get, if Yuki froze time in the chamber, isn't there supposed to be 2 Kyon and even 2 Mikuru? Even Kyon said ''Then when I came into your room the first, I was sleeping in this one too?!?''. And if we say that there isn't 2 Kyon, then Haruhi should have never met Kyon during the last year... I'm confused.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie

Jan 10, 2014 5:17 PM

At some point, there were two Kyon in Nagato's apartment. The one we saw in the first season talking to her, let's call him Kyon A, and the one we saw this season sleeping in the next room, let's call him Kyon B. There is also a Mikuru A, who was staying at the club with Kyon A and the others etc., and the Mikuru B that was frozen alongside Kyon B.

At some July 7th Nagato will freeze Kyon B and Mikuru B in her room. 2-3 years later, Kyon A will come in and talk with Nagato. He will also talk with Mikuru A etc. Several months later (3 years after Kyon B was frozen) Kyon A and Mikuru A will travel back in time 3 years, essentially becoming Kyon B and Mikuru B. Just a bit later that day, Nagato will unfreeze Kyon B and Mikuru B.

Not entirely sure if that is right, but my future self will travel back in time to fix it if needed.

I also see no problem with the way things played out in itself, as the older (so Mikuru C) even poked Mikuru B. And they talked about whether such a paradox does exist etc.

--

Overall the best thing for me was young Haruhi: "trespassing of course"

Mar 31, 2014 7:11 AM

It was a pretty enjoyable episode, despite the shittalks I've been hearing about this season.

Apr 8, 2014 2:11 PM

OMG, 4 same episodes and they still didn't finish...It really is endless, I started feeling like Nagato! Damn!

Aug 30, 2014 2:28 AM

Kyon and Mikuru were sleeping together for 3 years. n_____n

Itsuki ees da bes

10/10 episode. Seriously, one of the best episodes of the series - loopy, hilarious, and tons of fun.

Endless eight soon... woooooo

Discord: Zadion#0202
RateYourMusic
last.fm

Nov 30, 2014 7:00 PM

Dec 10, 2014 4:40 PM

Nice new ending.I love when mikuru cries...
they sleep together for three years

Jan 19, 2015 8:40 AM

Nice episode, I'd put it in the podium with "Mikuru Asahina's Adventures" being in the winner's spot.

But all I can think of right now is the fact that next will be the starting point of the heavily bashed "Endless Eight Arc". Hope to manage to enter the Endless Eight survivors' club.

Mar 19, 2015 3:33 AM

Before this second season, I watched the move first. So I'll now know the mysteries behind the former.
After this episode, the "Endless Eight" begins!

Oct 6, 2015 2:54 PM
This episode was very interesting, what a plot twist

Looking forward to this season

Feb 19, 2016 8:15 PM

[Watching in broadcast order]

"John Smith" lmao
Alright ... so they were frozen for 3 years, that means they arent in the world they left behind right?
What about the Asahina and Kyon from the world (reality / timeline) they travelled back in?

NwAurion said:
At some point, there were two Kyon in Nagato's apartment. The one we saw in the first season talking to her, let's call him Kyon A, and the one we saw this season sleeping in the next room, let's call him Kyon B. There is also a Mikuru A, who was staying at the club with Kyon A and the others etc., and the Mikuru B that was frozen alongside Kyon B.

At some July 7th Nagato will freeze Kyon B and Mikuru B in her room. 2-3 years later, Kyon A will come in and talk with Nagato. He will also talk with Mikuru A etc. Several months later (3 years after Kyon B was frozen) Kyon A and Mikuru A will travel back in time 3 years, essentially becoming Kyon B and Mikuru B. Just a bit later that day, Nagato will unfreeze Kyon B and Mikuru B.

Not entirely sure if that is right, but my future self will travel back in time to fix it if needed.

I also see no problem with the way things played out in itself, as the older (so Mikuru C) even poked Mikuru B. And they talked about whether such a paradox does exist etc.

I guess that makes sense.
I just cant get over the fact that if it were me I would feel like an "alien" to them, since they came from 3 years ago.
On the other hand, it's a loop so they've actually been the same Kyon and Mikuru the entire time.

AAAHAHHhhhhh ... time-travel is a pain in the ass to figure out.

Mar 11, 2016 1:18 AM

This should be renamed as The Melancholy of Kyon.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 27, 2016 1:53 PM

First episode of this new season, and is a clear continuation of the first season, so fun and crazy at par together with the great paradoxes of the series.

--
Primer episodio de esta nueva temporada, y es una clara continuación de la primera temporada, así que diversión y locuras a la par, junto a las grandes paradojas de la serie.

Hello, my litte boy!

Aug 25, 2016 10:05 PM

Chrono

Damn Endless Eight!!! I can feel Nagato right now. She endured this torture for more than 10,000 times, damn!! Will this going to continue for the rest of 13 episodes?? Noooo

3.1/5

Jun 25, 2017 3:52 PM
Wait, is the "I am here" message that Nagato gave MC the same characters that Haruhi had him paint on the ground?

Aug 15, 2017 5:25 AM

Endless 8 4....omg this is actually starting to become painful to watch....KYON SAY SOMETHING DAMN IT ANYTHING!!!!

Nov 21, 2017 6:54 PM

So the time loop continues...I wonder how many episodes it will last!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 8, 2018 1:32 PM

I don't know what's so special about annoying Haruhi.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 7, 3:31 AM

Truly a magnificent episode, possibly the best in the whole series. So much setting up for what will come later.

Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]