Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 17 Discussion

May 19, 2009 7:35 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice ep...the new MS looks tight!! Is Amuro gonna go back to space, or not? And, the Mirai apperance was nice, was wondering when she was gonna show up. No Char this ep?!? Urahara Out!!
Sent with Mal Updater

Oct 15, 2009 7:38 PM

HOLY CRAP! That thing was huge, this episode was really good, something tells me there's gonna be more about that huge Mobile thing pilot. Nice appearance of Mirai.

Nov 11, 2009 1:16 PM

pyscho gundam, wow, that thing is huge!!! like 3x the size of a normal mobile suit
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures

Apr 14, 2010 8:56 AM

"..because your fighting style drives me crazy!!"
Loved the Amuro and Camille talk there.

Also Mirai's connection with Bright is quite something.
I think she is a Newtype. Didn't she get the NT flash in MSG?

Aug 1, 2010 3:37 AM

Good thing that Mirai also showed up. Now nobody left exept Sayla. I have a feeling that her appearance will be epic~
I still hate Beltorchika, she is suspicious~

Aug 14, 2010 11:40 PM

sayami said:
Good thing that Mirai also showed up. Now nobody left exept Sayla. I have a feeling that her appearance will be epic~

Sorry to break it to you, but she won't be appearing at all.
Her voice actor wasn't available when Zeta was being created.

Jan 6, 2011 6:07 AM

Wow, Psyco Gundam is mint!
Wow, Four is hot!
Wow, Mirai is as cute as ever!

=D
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ

Feb 25, 2011 4:24 PM

so I am assuming this psycho pilot is the girl Kamille will hook up with...wow she is fascinating, I am loving this show...

Nov 19, 2011 7:37 AM

I missed Char in this episode :(
Mirai's appearance was well made
I hated how Camille fought the Psycho Gundam =_=

Dec 12, 2011 7:42 PM

Sabinlerose said:
sayami said:

Well, she is in the character list i do believe. Unless, it's as a flashback or something.

A pretty good episode, but i again find myself disconnected from the dialogue.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Dec 12, 2011 8:14 PM

insan3soldiern said:
Sabinlerose said:
sayami said:

Well, she is in the character list i do believe. Unless, it's as a flashback or something.

A pretty good episode, but i again find myself disconnected from the dialogue.

I think you see her sitting on the veranda of a beach house. Thats the only time in the entire series you see Sayla. So basically just a cameo appearance from her.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"

Apr 29, 2013 4:56 AM

Amuro ran into Mirai and her two kids!

The gundam fight in the city was crazy. Let's just knock off the top of every skyscraper in the area. D:

Sep 2, 2013 12:02 AM

So that's the Psycho Gundam...
http://mikenieto.blogspot.com/ - Gaming reviews, articles, anime and figures.

Nov 2, 2013 2:40 AM

I love how Camille just left Irma to the Mk II. How did she get down from there as Camille took only lift down? xD Did some maintance guy rescue her?

Jan 14, 2014 3:45 AM
Mirrai's voice is funny.

Jul 4, 2014 6:51 PM

Another amazing episode!!

Beltorchika is kinda selfish for asking Kamille to give his Gundam Mk. II to Amuro just because he was the hero of the "One Year War"

Glad Kamille kept it cool and instead didn't fell into any lies of her.

Beltorchika you should know better, i know your in love with Amuro right now, but you should not always sacrifice others just to see what's best for him.

Mirai is back!!! She's definitely more mother like right now! 7 years is a pretty damn long time for sure!

Psyco Gundam is big as hell O___O

Now i know where Gundam Seed Destiny got the Destroy Gundam from. Even Stella's personality and condition is pretty much the same as Four.

Four is beautiful!! Though i wonder how she was created?!?! She seems to be afraid of unmanned weapons, i'm guessing she doesn't want to be reminded that she is a doll herself?!?

And Kamille is getting careless here. He should first draw the enemy back off the city instead of continuing pursuing her.

Amazing advice from Amuro!! Be sure to use this well Kamille!

I wonder if Mirai will join up in space as well?? What about Amuro and Beltorchika?? Will they start living together now?

Can't wait to see Sayla!!! If the seiyuu wasn't available during this production and only appears briefly then it's freaking disappointing :(

Sayla is an important character, couldn't at least delayed the production until she return??

Can't wait for more episodes!!!

Dec 12, 2014 11:36 AM

I guess that why they threw in this new character for a relationship so sudden. Since Sayla is not going to be on the show...

Anyway that was a fun episode. To a point. I liked the new mecha.

I get tired of all this newtype BS. "Is this person a newtype, is that person a newtype". Blah blah blah.

May 31, 2015 10:50 AM

Oh yeah, Stella and the Destroy Gundam are based on Four and the Psyco Gundam, right? It's sad to meet a new character knowing
Modified by JGChaves, Aug 3, 2015 5:58 PM

Aug 8, 2015 10:56 PM

Hahaha. You know we're getting pretty big when Gundam itself is lampshading how ludicrous physics-wise it would be for that massive mobile suit to stand. Irl just the normal sized suits would have trouble supporting their own weight and moving around effectively.

Mirai's so modest. She had more newtype sparks than any other person on the White Base save Amuro. It's nice having her onboard; hopefully she won't be marginalized just because she has kids.

This is the second time "cyber newtypes" have come up. What are they? Artificial newtypes?

Mar 16, 2016 11:00 AM
Great episode, the PsychoGundam was rad and I loved seeing Amuro more especially since I don't think he'll be in the show as much again now that they're all heading to space.

I also find Four to be the best villain in Zeta, we need interesting characters on the opposing team or it gets dull. Most the Zeon folks were interesting characters, few of the Titans are except this girl and the blond guy who stopped appearing.

Apr 13, 2016 9:34 PM

Blue hairs + coloured lips = enhanced human / cyber-newtype basically? So, we'll keep seeing a new one every now and then until they ran out of guinea pigs? (looks like they have mental conditions) Looks like she made some psychic connection with Kamille. Also, Four when we already have Quattro? XD Another 4 will come out`maybe?
The Psycho-Gundam was... huge, really too big. I don't understand why Camille didn't draw her out of the city instead of just complaining.

Beltorchika is everything but enjoyable: she gave herself as a motivation then she's bossy with pilots -_-

3/5

Was Hong-Kong flooded because of the climatic changes?

May 26, 2016 1:24 AM

Rei366 said:
Also, Four when we already have Quattro? XD Another 4 will come out`maybe??

Considering what "four" means to Japanese people they might be marking people who are going to die in this series with that number.

I love it when science fiction is mixed with fantastic elements. Newtypes are clearly the force-sensitive individuals of the Gundam franchise...

"I know exactly what my husband is thinking, as if his thoughts were were my own... What his thoughts are now, and what he wants to tell me"

...With an added layer of creepiness.

By the way, why did Mirai choose to hide her "Newtypeness" from Beltorchika? Is Mirai suspicious of her, as I am? And if that is the case, why would she be? Some kind of light mind reading, maybe?

And why is no one talking about the bizarre coincidence that is finding Mirai, of all people, in Hong Kong? Chalk it up to "Newtypeness", I guess? Have Gundam's writers also been inspired by George Lucas' occasional laziness?
Modified by Lease_of_Life, May 26, 2016 1:32 AM
"I will become his world and will make him my world" - You really should know who said this.

"Firing at unarmed citizens is a feat that those without courage and a chivalrous spirit simply cannot accomplish." - Oskar von Reuenthal

"No way Spirited Away is better than Akira. NO WAY." - Kanye West

Oct 24, 2016 7:23 AM

Interim in the narrative, but it is interesting because of the news that brings with it. The ploy almost always used in the final battles, here is anticipated, however, I expected something more interesting like robots. I look forward to the return of Sayla, I'm curious to know what to do in life.

Oct 24, 2016 8:25 PM

@terrablu2003 Sayla's seiyû wasn't available at the time Zeta was made.
What happened to her, her situation post-0079 was briefly told in the manga Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin (an alternate retelling but this part is not contradicting the canon). Basically, she was watched by the Earth Federation, being the daughter of Zeon zum Deikun.

Oct 28, 2016 11:33 AM

Good episode.... Glad to see Mirai back!
Its nothing major, but that new blonde girl is bringing my enjoyment of this slightly down.

Nov 21, 2016 7:10 AM

@Rei366 Thanks for the tip, in these days I'm watching the Origins film, but I think after your help, maybe even buy the manga of Origins. Thanks and sorry for the delay in answering, but often forget that of MAL that this useful messaging service.

Feb 28, 2017 5:06 PM

This episode sure was quite intense! Pretty great episode, let's see what's next!

Jan 15, 2018 2:21 PM

This time Kamille remarks about what a soldier is doing was understandable (she was involving civilians in that attack in the city) as opposed as the other time he was questioning their motives in the middle of a war/before killing them [even if that wasn’t the intention it made him look like he was pushing the blame on them])… if only the showrunners had done this from the beginning I would have liked him more… nonetheless he is growing on me.

Jan 15, 2018 4:47 PM

The beam barrier seems like it would be a game changing defense system. It left the Psycho Gundam virtually impervious to Kamille's attack. The only part I don't understand is why he didn't use his beam sword earlier when he jumped on the Psycho Gundam because the end of the fight shows the beam saber could do damage.

Amuro Ray Kill Count:
0 kills this episode
4 kills this war
81 kills total

Kamille Bidan Kill Count:
0 Kills this episode
21 Kills total

Dec 29, 2018 1:08 PM

Beltochika or whatever that thot’s name is the first UC gundam character I dislike so far. Its nice that Kamille took none of her BS and told her to back off.

As for Four, she seems pretty cool so far. I wonder how she and Kamille end up as lovers. Hopefully, she doesn’t become another disposable love interest.