Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jun 24, 2009 11:12 PM

Aug 2008
Drunk_Samurai said:
You are bias because you are Chinese and think that the Japanese are exactly the same as they were 70 years ago. Nobody gives a shit what you think because you are bias.

Well, Japan is pretty xenophobic (especially the old folks) even these days.

But yeah, Japan have changed. And it seems the more Japan is popular on the "west" (cars, electronics, games, anime, etc) the more popular becomes the "west" in Japan.

ukonkivi said:
http://www.nsjap.com

Wtf?
Jun 25, 2009 12:36 AM

May 2009
Nope, I'm born in the Netherlands and it's pretty sweet here so......and besides most of the guys in Japan are fat otaku XD......really a friend of mine went to Japan and oh boy he was shocked......>.<

Why don't you show me your so called "justice" - Hakumen
Jun 25, 2009 2:54 AM
Jul 2018
Esley said:

Really? my grandparents have recently started taking English lessons. Wow, xenophobia at its highest right there folks...
Jun 25, 2009 3:03 AM

Aug 2008
Wimmo said:
Esley said:

Really? my grandparents have recently started taking English lessons. Wow, xenophobia at its highest right there folks...

Your grandparents are cool man. But you can't deny what I've said.
Jun 25, 2009 6:11 AM
Jul 2018
Esley said:
Wimmo said:
Esley said:

Your grandparents are cool man. But you can't deny what I've said.

I just did.

what experience do you base this xenophobia accusation on by the way?
Jun 25, 2009 10:09 AM
Nov 2008
Drunk_Samurai said:
Okamoto_Riku said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Okamoto_Riku said:
There are modern skinheads, neo nazis, why not the same with Japanese? You're the idiot for thinking that there aren't any.

You're the one who claims all modern Japanese are like that which shows you are bias and ignorant.

I didn't say all were like that, want me to say it to you like you're a six year old? There are enough to be a threat. Please you're the one who's ignorant, you think that this world isn't corrupt, please get out of your fantasy world. I'm not bias, I'm being more objective than you are.

You are bias because you are Chinese and think that the Japanese are exactly the same as they were 70 years ago. Nobody gives a shit what you think because you are bias.

Yeah keep on talking weeaboo, we all know you worship those posters you have on your wall in your room, excuse me for insulting Inuyasha your God. I'm pretty sure everyone would care about what I think because I actually have a past that involves the race that you want to be so bad. How am I bias? Didn't I say before, I appreciate their culture, but they do have a dark past, which no one apparently knows about. But hey you're the one that wants to be japanese so badly.
Jun 25, 2009 10:10 AM
Nov 2008
Esley said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

But yeah, Japan have changed. And it seems the more Japan is popular on the "west" (cars, electronics, games, anime, etc) the more popular becomes the "west" in Japan.

ukonkivi said:
[url=http://www.nsjap.com/]http://www.nsjap.com

Wtf?

I wouldn't even try talking logic into Drunk Samurai, no logic from him whatsoever, just insults my race, saying that we're all bias against Japanese people and our opinions don't mean jack.
Jun 25, 2009 10:17 AM

Jun 2009
I think I would like be somthing oter than human a lot. but a different race? well I see that we are all humans of differen colour and features. I like who I am for the most part how I look skin colour etc.

Mostly though I wish I was a shark or an eagle or a cat like a linx or panther. maybey somkind of fish or maybey insect like a beetle I FOOKIN LOVE BEETLES.ooooo or a turleness I FOOKIN LURV TURTLES.
you are a parasite that lives off others suffering. no i do not care what happend/happens to you.
Jun 25, 2009 11:27 AM

Aug 2007
Okamoto_Riku said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Okamoto_Riku said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Okamoto_Riku said:
There are modern skinheads, neo nazis, why not the same with Japanese? You're the idiot for thinking that there aren't any.

You're the one who claims all modern Japanese are like that which shows you are bias and ignorant.

I didn't say all were like that, want me to say it to you like you're a six year old? There are enough to be a threat. Please you're the one who's ignorant, you think that this world isn't corrupt, please get out of your fantasy world. I'm not bias, I'm being more objective than you are.

Yeah keep on talking weeaboo, we all know you worship those posters you have on your wall in your room, excuse me for insulting Inuyasha your God. I'm pretty sure everyone would care about what I think because I actually have a past that involves the race that you want to be so bad. How am I bias? Didn't I say before, I appreciate their culture, but they do have a dark past, which no one apparently knows about. But hey you're the one that wants to be japanese so badly.

INUYASHA IS SO KAWAII ^___^

You actually don't have a past since you were not born 70 years ago. Nobody cares because you are bias.
Jun 25, 2009 11:29 AM

Oct 2008
I'm a fan of anime but not that much I'm afraid xDDD
Jun 25, 2009 12:50 PM
Nov 2008
Drunk_Samurai said:
Okamoto_Riku said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Okamoto_Riku said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Okamoto_Riku said:

You actually don't have a past since you were not born 70 years ago. Nobody cares because you are bias.

Man you just don't stop, please just give a clear answer, you're not funny so I would give that up. My heritage is my race which equals past....do you understand anything...
Jun 25, 2009 1:23 PM

Aug 2007
Okamoto_Riku said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Okamoto_Riku said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Okamoto_Riku said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Okamoto_Riku said:

Man you just don't stop, please just give a clear answer, you're not funny so I would give that up. My heritage is my race which equals past....do you understand anything...

Who said my sarcasm was supposed to be funny? It was pointing out you have no intelligence when claiming that I am a "weeaboo" Nobody gives a shit what you say because you care about something that happened 70 years ago. You are bias about it.
Jun 25, 2009 1:39 PM
Nov 2008
Drunk_Samurai said:
Okamoto_Riku said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Okamoto_Riku said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Okamoto_Riku said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Okamoto_Riku said:

Who said my sarcasm was supposed to be funny? It was pointing out you have no intelligence when claiming that I am a "weeaboo" Nobody gives a shit what you say because you care about something that happened 70 years ago. You are bias about it.

You are a weeaboo....getting all defensive...and then having no proof that I am bias...you really use the word "bias" a lot do you even know what it means? Here's Merriam-Webster's definition
a: bent, tendency b: an inclination of temperament or outlook ; especially : a personal and sometimes unreasoned judgment
So tell me where did I ever show unreasoned judgment? I never said all Japanese people were horrible and like they were seventy years ago, heck I even have Japanese friends, they have nice culture and tradition I respect that, however I was just stating facts that they have a dark past and what they done should be considered if you even want to switch races. What I did say was that even though you might think that the Japanese are all clean, the truth is, they're not. So it would be nice if you stop saying my opinions doesn't mean "shit" and instead of attempting to censor me, why not at least try to have a good debate, and use good logic and reasoning skills.
Jun 25, 2009 1:58 PM

Feb 2008
Yahtzi said:
meonlyme775 said:
I believe the word you are looking for is "weeaboo."

Haha! Didn't thought about that, I guess I'm a weeaboo then. :o

look at how easy going this guy is about it, why cant you guys be light-hearted and just say it?
Jun 25, 2009 2:03 PM
Nov 2008
Orange-kun said:
Yahtzi said:
meonlyme775 said:
I believe the word you are looking for is "weeaboo."

Haha! Didn't thought about that, I guess I'm a weeaboo then. :o

look at how easy going this guy is about it, why cant you guys be light-hearted and just say it?

Bro, if I was that obsessed, sure call me a weaboo.
Jun 25, 2009 2:16 PM

Nov 2008
Not really, no. They have one of the highest suicide rates for a reason.

Now, as far as visiting Japan for a few months is concerned, I'm game.

School uniforms could be fun, though, if only so that I could watch the chaos that would surely ensue.
Jun 25, 2009 2:57 PM
Feb 2009
If I could play volleyball there 24/7 then maybe, if not, then no.

Other than their anime and technology(video games and etc.), not much else that catches my interest.
Jun 25, 2009 4:24 PM

Apr 2009
Well, I was born there, but lived in California since I turned 1. Sometimes I wonder how I would've turned out if I'd grown up in Japan, probably better than here. Then again, If I really did live there than maybe I'd still think that I would be happier somewhere else. Perhaps I'm just the sorta person whom always feels something is missing :P

Jun 25, 2009 4:33 PM

Oct 2007
yes i do! 8D
Jun 25, 2009 8:18 PM
May 2009
I'm actually pretty glad I'm not Japanese. :)
Jun 25, 2009 11:55 PM

Feb 2008
I don't really care for the country, I just like the stuff they produce. Plus they have a shitty economy and most people overwork.
Jun 27, 2009 6:55 AM

May 2009
Wow, so I just read this topic and am seized with amazement by the incredible assumptive nature of some of the posters in this thread. A lot of inferiority complex, weaboo hatred, bandwagon hoppers, trollers and ignoramus residing in this thread. There's simply too many to quote.

First off, to the person who was trying to brand the Japanese a racist people, that's pretty harsh of you. People from any country can be racist, sometimes far more racist than the Japanese. As said by some people, what happened in WWII was something in the past. You shouldn't hold a grudge and blame the current generation who are certainly innocent and played no part in the atrocities committed by the military back then.

Also, I think they are entitled to visit and pay homage to their ancestors who died and fought in the war just like the people of any other country. I mean Americans (after the massacre at Hiroshima and Nagasaki), Australians (after their harsh treatment of the Aborigines), Germans, Russians, Turks, Chinese, Vietnamese and Greeks are allowed to visit their war dead without any criticism or complaints, so why aren't the Japanese allowed to respect their ancestors?

Secondly, whoever says the Japanese/Asians have inferior bodies, unattractive features and bad dental hygiene need to get a reality check. How many of you have ever been to the actual countries and done the statistical research to make such an assertion? An attractive bust size, winning smile and leg is something that is not tied to any particular group of people. I mean, most western countries have among the highest rates of obesity in the world, which is hardly anything to brag about. Also, there's plenty of Westerners with no boobs are bad teeth; while there are "many" Japanese with a great figure; if anything, they can brag about their superior skin and hair to us living in the West here. There are far more Japanese starlets, celebrities and models than American ones; the gravure industry has girls that would easily outnumber the output of British, Australian and Canadian, American girls put together so there goes that theory; out the window.

Being a Caucasian male myself, I don't feel all that superior to Japanese males; all it takes is fitness, personal care and exercise.

Thirdly, to the many people who try to make it seem like life in Japan is crap and that the people living there wish they were someone else, think again. There's a lot of Japanese who are proud and happy being who they are as well, and would rather be themselves than anyone else. Also, every country has their problems.
ObsessiveJun 27, 2009 7:07 AM
Jun 27, 2009 8:28 AM

Dec 2007
Splitter said:
XShakuganX said:

There are times where I wish I was born Japan, and am growing up there rather than america. I want to attend all them uniformed highschools, with the classrooms that have sliding doors....and living in tokyo sounds like so much fun >,<

Anyone else have this obsession ?

Hello there, weeaboo. Allow me to disillusion you.

I don't know why you'd want to grow up in Japan. From the moment you are born, your sole goal in life is to be the best in everything you do. They don't have a "at least you tried your best" mentality. For Japanese society, it's do or die. Why do you there is so much outlash against otaku over there? Because they don't contribute to a society that demands contribution.

You don't want to attend their high schools. Their high schools are not like high school here. High school is like college to them. It's their one last opportunity to struggle for glory before college, which is the party for them, before going off to the workplace.

They attend cram schools and have to study for hours on end as well. Now you know why high school manga is so popular? Because the manga lifestyle is fantastical escapism for them. It's what they wish high school was like.

Now as for living in Tokyo? Oh yeah, fun. One of the most expensive places in the world to live. You'll be lucky to get a 4ft. x 4ft. unit to call your own and the rent will be as much as a normal-sized apartment here only you won't have a bathroom. As for a job? Ha, good luck. As much as America likes to think they're still racist, Japan is completely xenophobic and has no qualms about it. As one of the most culturally-protective countries in existence, they shun outsiders at every turn, stringing them along with a built-in sense of politeness America has yet to fully comprehend. In short, they're the masters of lip service and so few people even know it.

Being Japanese is not your dream life. Writing manga is not a dream job. Going to school in Japan is utter hell. Give up this useless fantasy of yours and acknowledge how lucky you are to not be of Japanese descent.

Well at least this person only posted once in this thread (that I saw). Wouldn't want to have more than one completely ridiculous post like this.
Jun 27, 2009 10:55 AM

Sep 2008
I come back and this thread is still nothing besides one side vs the other.

People fight too much on the internet.
Jun 27, 2009 11:34 AM
Nov 2008
vault-dweller said:
Splitter said:
XShakuganX said:

There are times where I wish I was born Japan, and am growing up there rather than america. I want to attend all them uniformed highschools, with the classrooms that have sliding doors....and living in tokyo sounds like so much fun >,<

I don't know why you'd want to grow up in Japan. From the moment you are born, your sole goal in life is to be the best in everything you do. They don't have a "at least you tried your best" mentality. For Japanese society, it's do or die. Why do you there is so much outlash against otaku over there? Because they don't contribute to a society that demands contribution.

You don't want to attend their high schools. Their high schools are not like high school here. High school is like college to them. It's their one last opportunity to struggle for glory before college, which is the party for them, before going off to the workplace.

They attend cram schools and have to study for hours on end as well. Now you know why high school manga is so popular? Because the manga lifestyle is fantastical escapism for them. It's what they wish high school was like.

Now as for living in Tokyo? Oh yeah, fun. One of the most expensive places in the world to live. You'll be lucky to get a 4ft. x 4ft. unit to call your own and the rent will be as much as a normal-sized apartment here only you won't have a bathroom. As for a job? Ha, good luck. As much as America likes to think they're still racist, Japan is completely xenophobic and has no qualms about it. As one of the most culturally-protective countries in existence, they shun outsiders at every turn, stringing them along with a built-in sense of politeness America has yet to fully comprehend. In short, they're the masters of lip service and so few people even know it.

Being Japanese is not your dream life. Writing manga is not a dream job. Going to school in Japan is utter hell. Give up this useless fantasy of yours and acknowledge how lucky you are to not be of Japanese descent.

Well at least this person only posted once in this thread (that I saw). Wouldn't want to have more than one completely ridiculous post like this.

What he posted is just his opinion, but I have to say it's some what true
Okamoto_RikuJun 27, 2009 3:50 PM
Jun 27, 2009 1:13 PM

Jun 2009
I'm Japanese, but I was born in America.
And I always wished to live in Japan. I don't really like to live in here (not to oppose) cause it's not like Tokyo or Harajuku.
Jun 27, 2009 3:15 PM

Apr 2009
no iLike how iWas created but iWished iCould speak japanese fluently yet..
Jun 27, 2009 3:33 PM

Jan 2008
If I was born as a Japanese, I would not be called a weaboo.
But because I'm not, I'm a weaboo. Wonderful.

Banner made by suikka
Jun 27, 2009 7:04 PM

Dec 2007
Okamoto_Riku said:
vault-dweller said:
Splitter said:
XShakuganX said:

Opinion? That's not an opinion. What's he's saying he's clearly trying to stat as a fact. Maybe there are a few lines that kind of sound like one, but certainly not the post as a whole.

And as far as being true. There are few bits and pieces and general statements that if you pull them out might be true. As a whole though there might be grains of truth, but they are drowned in a bitter, uninformed rant.
vault-dwellerJun 27, 2009 7:08 PM
Jun 27, 2009 9:05 PM

Aug 2007
Splitter said:
XShakuganX said:

If the US had an educational system as strict and demanding on the students as Japan then maybe the US wouldn't have one of the worst educational systems for a civilized nation. I would love to have gone to school in Japan.

Splitter said:
As much as America likes to think they're still racist, Japan is completely xenophobic and has no qualms about it.

That makes no sense. As much as the US likes to think who is racist? The US or Japan?
So you're saying that the US likes to think that Japan is racist? That's a pretty hefty generalization you said there and would I disagree. I'm American and don't think that all Japanese people are racist. So your generalization is wrong. Generalizing an entire race is the thought process of someone without real facts. By no means am I saying that most of the population of Japan excepts all outsiders. I'm just saying don't make generalizations about an entire populous. The world is changing and getting smaller. The older generations are dying and hopefully their racist/xenophobic ways will not be passed on to the younger people. And I'm NOT just talking about the Japanese.

Splitter said:

Who are you to say what XShakuganX likes?

GeminiEye said:
I wish I had dual citizenship. At least have a way to escape america once thing's go fully haywire. Which shouldn't be too far away now.

I totally agree with you GeminiEye.

One last thing.

The grass is always greener on the other side...but there's still dog shit in the yard.

p.s. Haha, and yes, sometimes I do wish I was Japanese, knowing full well that it's not the life anime depicts it to be . ^^
Dikard_von_DoomJun 27, 2009 9:14 PM
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson
Jun 27, 2009 9:07 PM

Apr 2009
Yeah I would like that very much^^
Jun 28, 2009 3:15 AM
Jul 2018
jahrakal2009 said:
Wow, so I just read this topic and am seized with amazement by the incredible assumptive nature of some of the posters in this thread. A lot of inferiority complex, weaboo hatred, bandwagon hoppers, trollers and ignoramus residing in this thread. There's simply too many to quote.

First off, to the person who was trying to brand the Japanese a racist people, that's pretty harsh of you. People from any country can be racist, sometimes far more racist than the Japanese. As said by some people, what happened in WWII was something in the past. You shouldn't hold a grudge and blame the current generation who are certainly innocent and played no part in the atrocities committed by the military back then.

Also, I think they are entitled to visit and pay homage to their ancestors who died and fought in the war just like the people of any other country. I mean Americans (after the massacre at Hiroshima and Nagasaki), Australians (after their harsh treatment of the Aborigines), Germans, Russians, Turks, Chinese, Vietnamese and Greeks are allowed to visit their war dead without any criticism or complaints, so why aren't the Japanese allowed to respect their ancestors?

Secondly, whoever says the Japanese/Asians have inferior bodies, unattractive features and bad dental hygiene need to get a reality check. How many of you have ever been to the actual countries and done the statistical research to make such an assertion? An attractive bust size, winning smile and leg is something that is not tied to any particular group of people. I mean, most western countries have among the highest rates of obesity in the world, which is hardly anything to brag about. Also, there's plenty of Westerners with no boobs are bad teeth; while there are "many" Japanese with a great figure; if anything, they can brag about their superior skin and hair to us living in the West here. There are far more Japanese starlets, celebrities and models than American ones; the gravure industry has girls that would easily outnumber the output of British, Australian and Canadian, American girls put together so there goes that theory; out the window.

Being a Caucasian male myself, I don't feel all that superior to Japanese males; all it takes is fitness, personal care and exercise.

Thirdly, to the many people who try to make it seem like life in Japan is crap and that the people living there wish they were someone else, think again. There's a lot of Japanese who are proud and happy being who they are as well, and would rather be themselves than anyone else. Also, every country has their problems.

I agree with this person 100%

Thank you for putting how I've been feeling so eloquently.
Jun 28, 2009 3:22 AM

Mar 2009
umm....see obssession is one thing we all are but treating japan like all-mighty just because of what you see in anime's is just insane! say you do go study in japan maybe after a few days youll realize that real school life is as hard and boring for people all over the world real life is not anime so nothing supernatural or utterly exciting will happen to you even if you study in japan.....
just my thought dont take it personally even I sometimes fantasize about studying in japan and I even wanna go there for college.....but I certainly dont wish I were japanese cuz thats going back to treating japan superior to all other countries.
Jun 28, 2009 3:35 AM

Jan 2008
XShakuganX said:

Yes, with their culture of work-obcession and high rate of teen suicide. Not to mention low family interaction and the commuter lifestyle. Who wouldn't want to grow-up in Japan? :p

The obsession is all too common. Most of the time, people are forgetting the old saying to take care with what you wish.

jahrakal2009 said:

What you say is true as a general statement. However, while labeling Japan as racist and xenophobic may be harsh, it's not the most inaccurate statement I've ever heard on this board. There are entire books (written by Japanese and others) dedicated to sharing just how racist the country is (not nessecarily the people as a whole mind you, just the country itself). The biggest problems is their media industry. But I suppose this is getting off-topic. Suffice to say I agree with most of what you say too.
Mr_PandaJun 28, 2009 3:42 AM
~ Mr. Panda // Twitter: @ManlyBats
~ The Anime Historian
~ Fleet Admiral, Manly Battleships®
Ask Mr. Panda Thread
Follow Mr. Panda's VCR of DOOM! review series here. Now on YouTube!
Jun 28, 2009 4:43 AM

Jul 2008
Wish this all the time... wish i would end up in Japan at least
Jun 28, 2009 7:18 AM

Jan 2009
Splitter said:
XShakuganX said:

EXACTLY my thoughts when I read TS' post. I really love having grown up in Australia, I mean, this place is the called 'Lucky Country' for a reason. I love being an Anime obsessed Otaku as much as the next guy, but as for growing up in Japan, I'd rather be raised in an environment that lets me express myself and laze around as I see fit, I mean, hell, I'm finding High School stressful enough now, and I have hardly any pressure put on me. I could only imagine what it'd be like in Japan.

I DO want to live there for a couple of years when I get my degree and all that jazz, but I'll only go there once I know that, financially, I'll be able to support myself. It seems like a great place to see during a life time, and I'd LOVE to go see the countryside, especially the mountain regions. (Which is pretty much everywhere, but you get my point.)

NOTE: I heard that the Japanese value conformity, which is one thing I definitely CANNOT do. I could be wrong, this is just what I've heard.

Jun 28, 2009 7:29 AM

Jun 2009
If I'm Japanese, I'll always be in a constant state of despair whenever my grades fell even slightly. I'd extend my heights at Mount Fuji on my last university semester for no concrete reason, suspected to have succumbed from years of pressure.

BAD END

CONTINUE?

> YES
> NO

Then of course, I'd reload from the best possible save before crucial decisions are made in the current story arc.
Jun 28, 2009 7:45 AM

Apr 2008
I'm fine with what I am.

Also, I love their work but that is totally different from wanting to be a japanese.

Jun 28, 2009 9:58 AM

Jun 2009
Japanese people are total assholes. In fact, most east asians are elitist douchebags. Not even joking here, they're the most racist sons of bitches in the world. A white guy going to Kyoto is like a black man going to Mississippi.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!
Jun 28, 2009 12:35 PM

Aug 2007
Meh. The school systems sounds a bit like what I need, what with the high pressure and blather blather blah. Norwegian schools are way to slack, methinks.

And I really regret not taking a year as a transfer student there, that would be awesome even though it might've not given a full experience.

Anyway, on topic, I think I'd say no. Norway is a bloody nice country to live in. I see Japan more as a tourist destination for me. It's prolly more fun to experience the country from the outside (tourist) rather than the inside (citizen).
Jun 28, 2009 2:31 PM

Feb 2009
To answer the OP's question : nope, and probably never will. Reasons? See what others have already said.

Also I've learned Japanese for 6 months with a Japanese teacher. And my impression of her way of teaching confirms what some have said here. Of course I understand that I shouldn't base my thoughts of a whole country on a single person, that's obvious.
AlexstratzJun 28, 2009 2:35 PM
Jun 28, 2009 3:12 PM

Aug 2007
Bubbler said:
Japanese people are total assholes. In fact, most east asians are elitist douchebags. Not even joking here, they're the most racist sons of bitches in the world. A white guy going to Kyoto is like a black man going to Mississippi.

Ignorance.
Jun 28, 2009 3:35 PM

Apr 2009
Splitter said:
XShakuganX said:

Exactly.

There's a reason why Japan is a country that has one of the world's highest suicide rates (top 10).
Jun 28, 2009 3:43 PM

Apr 2009
sometimes but mostly i like being myself and stuff but im an asian and its really cool to learn japanese sometimes (:
Jun 28, 2009 3:48 PM

Aug 2008
Drunk_Samurai said:
Bubbler said:

Ignorance.

Yeah, things he says are pretty harsh and heavily generalizing, but he's got a point.

It's a cultural thing. After the Nazi "period" racism suddenly became a taboo in Europe and America.

The "Whites" are so brainwashed by those ideas that "racism = nazism = pure evil", that by now the White populations (from my observations) are probably the least "racist".

Region like Asia didn't experience that Nazism period same as Europe did.
For EUs/NAs the WWII was a war against an ideology (Nazism), while Asians take it as a war against a nation (Japan).

And that what we get, culturally Asian countries have much less this "anti-racist" influence than in the west, which results in a slighly different on what is "bad" and what is "good".

It's no one's fault, just happend to be like this.
Jun 28, 2009 5:05 PM
Jul 2018
Esley said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Bubbler said:

he's got a point.

No he doesn't you airhead. The only point he's proved is that he is intolerant of Asian people which is Racism 101.
Oh yeah, sorry, he's not racist, that's us right?

Moron
removed-userJun 28, 2009 5:09 PM
Jun 28, 2009 5:07 PM
Jul 2018
Bubbler said:

Fuck you too.

Do you even have a brain?... don't answer that....
Jun 28, 2009 6:50 PM
Nov 2008
vault-dweller said:
Okamoto_Riku said:
vault-dweller said:
Splitter said:
XShakuganX said:

Opinion? That's not an opinion. What's he's saying he's clearly trying to stat as a fact. Maybe there are a few lines that kind of sound like one, but certainly not the post as a whole.

And as far as being true. There are few bits and pieces and general statements that if you pull them out might be true. As a whole though there might be grains of truth, but they are drowned in a bitter, uninformed rant.

His post was ment to disillusion those who thought that living in japan was what they see in animes and read in manga, and from this thread you can see there is a lot of people who want to be japanese for that sole reason. They all think Japan is fun and games and that what they read in "School Days" is really what goes on over there.
Jun 28, 2009 6:53 PM
Nov 2008
Wimmo said:
Bubbler said:

Fuck you too.

Do you even have a brain?... don't answer that....

Are you asian? You don't have parents that are racist against a particualr race? I'm asian and I know my parents don't like african americans. I guess they had bad experiences with them when they moved here and were living in New York. And Heaven forbid I ever bring home a black girl.
Jun 28, 2009 7:44 PM
Jul 2018
Okamoto_Riku said:

Are you asian? You don't have parents that are racist against a particualr race? I'm asian and I know my parents don't like african americans. I guess they had bad experiences with them when they moved here and were living in New York. And Heaven forbid I ever bring home a black girl.

Yes. I'm Japanese.
And no, my parents don't harbor any ill feelings towards people of different ethnic backgrounds. Nor do the vast majority of people that I know.

My Father has always been fascinated by other cultures. He taught himself English, Spanish and Chinese. My mother on the other hand ran a helpline for Foriegners who need help with everyday living. Things such as getting proper health insurance and right up to driving licenses.

Thing is, the more I read about western perceptions of my culture, the more I realize (and I don't mean to offend anyone here) that 99% of you really have no idea about my culture whatsoever. You claim our school life is hectic despite the fact that its exactly same hours as American High schools. We like to have a life too you know?
University is actually more difficult in the west than it is here. My university life was a breeze! Also, before anybody plays the 'cram-school' card, I would just like to state that 'cram school' is a CHOICE not compulsary. Many students go because, and I know you won't understand this, they actually beleive it's fun and stimulating. It's also another way to meet new and likeminded people.

The whole xenophobia issue just stumps me I'm afraid. I really don't know where people get this impression from.

oh and PLEASE stop bringing up WWII. It's not only irrelevant, but only serves to prove that your knowledge of Japanese sociology only goes up to 1945.
We don't need reminding of the atrocities that were committed by both sides so let's show a little respect for those that lost their lives and forgiveness for those that took lives.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Vent something v.3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Steph - May 7, 2023

5487 by playfulcloud88 »»
39 seconds ago

» Fight the above user with the last letter! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SnipeStrike - Apr 1

1264 by SnipeStrike »»
1 minute ago

» Opposite chat ( 1 2 )

OniMage - Sep 9, 2023

96 by 6EyedBastard »»
2 minutes ago

» Would you pat or slap the above user? v.2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Oct 5, 2022

9613 by OniMage »»
2 minutes ago

» First Thing That Comes To Mind v21 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Mar 27

7173 by playfulcloud88 »»
2 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.