Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 6, 2014 5:12 PM

Jul 2012
The only logical explanation I can think of for why Manaka lost her Ena is because Miuna acquired it. A give and take situation. Uroko did say that "when something is found then something is lost, this is so to maintain equality".

Great episode!!!
Feb 6, 2014 5:19 PM
Jan 2014
neonBdragon said:
The only logical explanation I can think of for why Manaka lost her Ena is because Miuna acquired it. A give and take situation. Uroko did say that "when something is found then something is lost, this is so to maintain equality".

Great episode!!!
yeah , you got my point.
But why is Miuna ? It's so confusing ?
My theory is : Miuna's mother is from Shioshiso and with Manaka's"power" (i mean her Ena), she can realase her Ena.(Sorry for my bad english)
Feb 6, 2014 5:20 PM

Jun 2013
I dont really get Uroko. Basically sacrifices manaka. Then when they take her away he does nothing and his eyes seem to look ashamed at himself when miuna looks at him. He never confronts hikari about the possibilities of what the sea god would do either if they take manaka yet he is the town's protector. So if something happens at the end ill be like Uroko WTF. interesting character though
Feb 6, 2014 5:22 PM

Oct 2013
hokoritsuki said:
neonBdragon said:

Great episode!!!
yeah , you got my point.
But why is Miuna ? It's so confusing ?
My theory is : Miuna's mother is from Shioshiso and with Manaka's"power" (i mean her Ena), she can realase her Ena.(Sorry for my bad english)

That's one of the possibilities I was thinking of.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Feb 6, 2014 5:23 PM

Mar 2011
Well that was an epic episode

And a big NO NO for memory loss

Uroko didn't stop them so I assume it's all according to the plan

Feb 6, 2014 5:30 PM
Sep 2012
ricardo241 said:

I think uroko has everything planned out and will fuck them all over in the end, with either miuna or manaka dying.
Feb 6, 2014 5:34 PM

Mar 2011
ziroks said:
ricardo241 said:

I think uroko has everything planned out and will fuck them all over in the end, with either miuna or manaka dying.

The plan was made by the sea god not by Uroko himself ;c

Feb 6, 2014 5:38 PM

Jan 2013
3/5 - It was "ok" ....

I hope they stop focusing so much on Miuna. I really dislike her character and what she stands for. Hoping she would have traded places with Manaka.

Miuna is such a little shit disturber...Nothing but annoying trouble. Please end her character!
Feb 6, 2014 5:40 PM

Oct 2013
ricardo241 said:
ziroks said:
ricardo241 said:

The plan was made by the sea god not by Uroko himself ;c

Tis nothing more than a slight technicality.
Vooo said:
3/5 - It was "ok" ....

I hope they stop focusing so much on Miuna. I really dislike her character and what she stands for. Hoping she would have traded places with Manaka.

Miuna is such a little shit disturber...Nothing but annoying trouble. Please end her character!

Miuna run away! You're being targeted!

In all seriousness, she's not a bad girl. I don't understand the hate for any character honestly.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

Feb 6, 2014 5:58 PM

Jul 2012
I'm glad Manaka is still alive. Why is she losing her ena? Why does the Sea God need women sacrifices anyway?
So many questions, so little answers :(
Feb 6, 2014 6:07 PM

Nov 2011
I don't think the sea god is gonna be happy.
Interesting episode though I feel as this is the calm before the storm.
Feb 6, 2014 6:09 PM

Oct 2008
Proper focus on Tsumugu, Chisaki, Kaname and Sayu never I guess.

Anyway, I wouldn't be betting on memory loss for Manaka, but a coma.
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Feb 6, 2014 6:10 PM

Jan 2010
Damn...Manaka slowly turn into Land people. Miuna become Sea people. Da hell happen here?! Things going GOODDD!! Soooo GOOD!!! 8ep more..2 month left..(T,T)

Still...I want to know what Manaka's wished to the red-belly seaslut from before. Maybe unigami-sama grant it. =A=''

Feb 6, 2014 6:12 PM
Jan 2014
why did akari wanted to do it herself instead of a puppet anw?
Feb 6, 2014 6:20 PM

Jul 2010
What the hell?! Manaka loosing her Ena ?!
My ship is possible now wohoooo!!
Miuna gets Ena?
Well Uroko did say this "when something is found then something is lost, this is so to maintain equality".
This is a great mystery indeed,Tsumugu will be happy to see Manaka.
This episode was great
RosyXkidFeb 6, 2014 6:24 PM
Feb 6, 2014 6:21 PM

Jul 2010
AoiMizu said:
Damn...Manaka slowly turn into Land people. Miuna become Sea people. Da hell happen here?! Things going GOODDD!! Soooo GOOD!!! 8ep more..2 month left..(T,T)

Still...I want to know what Manaka's wished to the red-belly seaslut from before. Maybe unigami-sama grant it. =A=''

Maybe to be In the surface was her wish?!
Feb 6, 2014 6:37 PM

Jun 2013
MIUNA AGAIN FTW. AND MANAKA CAME BACK! HOORAY~

I have so many questions tho.. Why is Manaka losing her Ena? Is it cause Miuna is gaining Ena? What's gonna happen to all the Shioshishio people? How is Manaka going to wake up? Why does Uroko have an interest in Miuna?

This was a REALLY good episode though.. with Miuna going to the school and all these memories.. At least there's 8 more episodes ^^

Miuna is still my favorite character.. But I seriously can't decide between MiunaxHikari or ManakaxHikari.. THE STRUGGLE.
Feb 6, 2014 6:44 PM

Feb 2010
I hope Miuna becomes sacrifice instead of Manaka. :[

𝓜𝔂𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽

The inner sea of the planet. The platform of the watchtower. From the edge of paradise you shall hear my words.
Your story shall be full of blessings. ━Let only those without sin pass. "Garden of Avalon"!
Feb 6, 2014 6:47 PM
Jan 2014
why does everyone dislike Miuna ?
i think she is good , only concerns Akari . I truely wish that Miuna x Akari, kaname x sayu end up .
The triangle love tsumugu , chisaki and manaka will make the show better . hehe more drama !
Feb 6, 2014 6:48 PM
Sep 2012
RosyXkid said:
AoiMizu said:

that would not surprise me but I am wondering why she would want that.
Feb 6, 2014 7:00 PM

Oct 2013
A superb episode. Not to reiterate what many others have said, but the creators really did an outstanding job on the atmosphere in Shioshishio. It was mysterious, haunting, and creepy with the hibernating townsfolk. Did you notice that they appeared all, or almost all men? What happened to the women and children?

I, for one, am trying not to speculate. This show has thrown a number of curves so far.
Feb 6, 2014 7:03 PM

Jan 2008
I wonder if that giant hand was the Sea God's? Which would make sense since she was sucked into the vortex by him, and the surrounding wooden sacrificial offerings, which would probably also mean that there are corpses under all of them.
Feb 6, 2014 7:13 PM
Jan 2014
ziroks said:
RosyXkid said:
AoiMizu said:

bacause of Tsumugu ?
Feb 6, 2014 7:14 PM

Feb 2012
Uroko doing some foreshadowing this episode. Reminds me when Indiana Jones took the golden idol, except they didn't try to replace Manaka with anything (or anyone).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2014 7:23 PM
Sep 2012
hokoritsuki said:
ziroks said:
RosyXkid said:
AoiMizu said:

bacause of Tsumugu ?

but he is older now then her.
Feb 6, 2014 7:32 PM

Oct 2013
ziroks said:
hokoritsuki said:
ziroks said:
RosyXkid said:
AoiMizu said:

bacause of Tsumugu ?

but he is older now then her.

Age holds no value over love!

Unless you do it and get pregnant before the legal age. Aside from that, age holds no water.

Feb 6, 2014 8:02 PM

Jan 2011
ending of episode was surprisingly creepy mainly because of the ost used and all those oshino-sama heads

wonder if manaka will lose all her ena and have to live on the surface
Feb 6, 2014 8:06 PM

Oct 2007
Now that I think about it,

I think the reason why the Sea God was trying to get Akari from that whirlpool is because the Sea God wants to remove her Ena so that she can be normal human being? Something about removing her Ena and stuff, I can't pin point the right thing to say...
^_^
Feb 6, 2014 8:12 PM

Jul 2010
Damn, damn, damn! Miuna being awesome, Manaka loosing her Ena, Uroko being mysterious, Hikari rescuing Manaka! definitely one of best episodes.OST was amazing, the same with atmosphere of the episode.This show keeps surprising me with each episode.

Merue said:
What the fk? just because your fav pairing isnt happening too much atm you want the other girl to simply...die? i don't understand people like you.Personally i dont like Manaka too much (and i want Hikari x Miuna to work out), but i was SO happy when i saw her being alive that i couldnt help but smile.
Feb 6, 2014 8:41 PM

Jul 2012
They found Manaka, meh. Miuna is still interesting as usual, and Uroko-sama is the usual badass he used to be. Well, Hikari reaction was okay, and his speech with the father was so malinchonic..
Well, I want the next episode right now :(
Feb 6, 2014 9:12 PM
Oct 2012
Merue said:

Ah, you didn't get it did you.

The Sea God was testing Miuna, but she passed it with flying colors. The sea god knew that Miuna loved Hikari, so exposing Manaka was a sort of test: which would she pick, to say nothing and have Hikari, or to tell them how to save Manaka and lose Hikari. Because Miuna actually does love Hikari she decided to save Manaka, that is why the "scale" was so disappointed. The whole point of the hibernation was to remind the land people that the Sea God was still important, but here was a land person showing that she already understood. This story is a metaphor for Sodom, God promised Lot to save Sodom if one honest person could be found: Miuna is that honest person, because of this the threat of destroying humanity (through a new ice age) will have to be lifted.

Another great scene was when Hikari was talking to his father telling him that he had a grandchild, but then clarifying that he was not talking about Miuna. What a great way of showing what Hikari's true feelings are. He can't accept Miuna's love because to him she is his sister's daughter. Miuna picked up on that general feeling as well, which is why she wants to make Hikari happy (and if she can't have Hikari, knowing that she is still special to him will satisfy her).

This is really a great show, the writing is fantastic. So much emotion going on with glances or indirect monologues. Really excellent.
Feb 6, 2014 9:25 PM

Jul 2012
I think the title of this story comes from the picture book they showed in this episode.

"Yesterday was a storm, today is a lull. What will the sea be like tomorrow?" That's almost like Nagi no Asu Kara I think.

Nagi no Asukara might also be the title of that book.

Interesting how the book says what the sea slugs wonder.

"The light(Hikari) wavers, pepepu."
"The wave draws nearer, pepupu."
"The wavering light(Hikari) is like a net."
"The drawing wave is the song of the sea."

This becomes interesting if you input Hikari's name where it says light since hikari means light. Which means it might be about something that will happen involving Hikari.
Feb 6, 2014 9:26 PM

Oct 2011
oh my god
uroko's expression at the end of the episode though...
this is gonna be great.
|ω・)
Feb 6, 2014 9:50 PM

Apr 2012
Be cool if they focused more on the drama/relations between the sea god/sea people and land dwellers. Seems like the sea god is pissed that they took Manaka. Like those dolls she was probably suppose to be a sacrifice (sea god's property). Taking her ena away was probably an act of retribution. Kind of sick of the whole love hexagon lol.

Feb 6, 2014 10:02 PM

Oct 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
Merue said:

Ah, you didn't get it did you.

The Sea God was testing Miuna, but she passed it with flying colors. The sea god knew that Miuna loved Hikari, so exposing Manaka was a sort of test: which would she pick, to say nothing and have Hikari, or to tell them how to save Manaka and lose Hikari. Because Miuna actually does love Hikari she decided to save Manaka, that is why the "scale" was so disappointed. The whole point of the hibernation was to remind the land people that the Sea God was still important, but here was a land person showing that she already understood. This story is a metaphor for Sodom, God promised Lot to save Sodom if one honest person could be found: Miuna is that honest person, because of this the threat of destroying humanity (through a new ice age) will have to be lifted.

Another great scene was when Hikari was talking to his father telling him that he had a grandchild, but then clarifying that he was not talking about Miuna. What a great way of showing what Hikari's true feelings are. He can't accept Miuna's love because to him she is his sister's daughter. Miuna picked up on that general feeling as well, which is why she wants to make Hikari happy (and if she can't have Hikari, knowing that she is still special to him will satisfy her).

This is really a great show, the writing is fantastic. So much emotion going on with glances or indirect monologues. Really excellent.

That was beautifully worded. Here I am thinking about secondary events while yours is a thought out reasoning for how the story might end. Hopefully you're right, otherwise I can't see much of a happy ending for everyone as a whole otherwise. What will actually happen? We still don't know.

Feb 6, 2014 10:12 PM
Oct 2012
7thVoid said:
That was beautifully worded. Here I am thinking about secondary events while yours is a thought out reasoning for how the story might end. Hopefully you're right, otherwise I can't see much of a happy ending for everyone as a whole otherwise. What will actually happen? We still don't know.

My reasoning could end up being wrong, but I really don't care anymore. This is a great writer, so I will follow this story where it goes eagerly.

That said I don't think I am wrong, we still may not get a happy ending, but that was the meaning of the episode, this is why only Miuna could hear the sound, this is why the scale only exposed himself to Miuna, this is why in a way he tempted her with the vision of what was, hoping she would sacrifice the now for the chance of what could be, but Miuna did not fall for it. The look on Uroko face, the fact that Manaka was "deposited" with all the inanimate sacrifices, all point towards this conclusion. We still have 6 episodes left so there should be one or two twists left, but I am digging where this is going.
Feb 6, 2014 10:15 PM

Jul 2013
Looks like next episode is gonna be bad for Chisaki x Tsumugu pairing. Chisaki talking to Hikari in Shioshishio and Tsumugu looking on dejectedly.
Feb 6, 2014 10:17 PM

Sep 2011
RosyXkid said:
AoiMizu said:

Hmm. In episode 10 during their last meal before the hibernation (last supper?! anyone?), Manaka told Chisaki and Kaname, "I wish I didn't have Ena... I don't want to fall asleep."
She said that because she doesn't want to wake up alone, worried if she'll ever wake up and worried that they might not see each other again.

I doubt it's because of Tsumugu because before she saw the sea slug, she was thinking about Hikari :P

EDIT:
I remembered that the sea slug is not a genie but like a magic 8 ball. You'll confess to it and it will tell you if you're feelings are right or wrong I think
joori_StrawberryFeb 6, 2014 10:36 PM
pew pew pew
Feb 6, 2014 10:19 PM

Oct 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
7thVoid said:

My reasoning could end up being wrong, but I really don't care anymore. This is a great writer, so I will follow this story where it goes eagerly.

That said I don't think I am wrong, we still may not get a happy ending, but that was the meaning of the episode, this is why only Miuna could hear the sound, this is why the scale only exposed himself to Miuna, this is why in a way he tempted her with the vision of what was, hoping she would sacrifice the now for the chance of what could be, but Miuna did not fall for it. The look on Uroko face, the fact that Manaka was "deposited" with all the inanimate sacrifices, all point towards this conclusion. We still have 6 episodes left so there should be one or two twists left, but I am digging where this is going.

I feel you. This show has been a blast to watch. I feel bad for almost not picking this up. You can see I'm glad I did though. I believe you left out the ena part though.

Feb 6, 2014 10:45 PM

Jun 2013
The art is so beautiful as usual. Loved how they added sparkling and glittery effect to the ena underwater ^^

Had to skip a few parts because i couldn't wait to see what happened in the end. (sorry miuna, i dont hate you but it was kinda boring)

IM SO GLAD MANAKA IS BACKKKKKKKKKKKKK (now there's hope for a manakaxtsumugu ship to set sail again :p)

I need the next ep now....................
Feb 6, 2014 11:00 PM
Jul 2018
Beautiful as usual. Loved the OSTs that they were using on this ep.~
Manaka, losing her ena.. now that's something i wasn't expected at all. Those dolls were creepy though..
Kinda missed Uroko so glad to see him again.
4.2/5
Feb 6, 2014 11:03 PM

May 2012
Quick speculation, I feel like the reason they got rid of Manaka's Ena was for that situation to happen where Hikari and Manaka will not be able to stay in the village. It be a good twist for Hikari, because of how much he hated people of the land, and the surface world. But now he would have to live on the surface world like his sister, if he wants to be with Manaka, So I think he will end up with Manaka living on the surface.
Feb 6, 2014 11:25 PM
Jul 2018
They finally find Manaka. Manaka lost her Ena, I wonder why. I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Feb 6, 2014 11:37 PM

Mar 2013
i though Manaka going to stay sleeping
for a long time at least until ep 22-23 (close to the end)
well i hope she will be ok :)
Feb 7, 2014 12:00 AM

May 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
7thVoid said:

I think you definitely made some valid points. Maybe Uroko sama was referring to love lost and love gained when he said one thing is taken and another is lost. I hope your prediction is right. When I was watching I got more of the vibe that Miuna will end up taking Manaka's spot as the sacrifice.

Obviously I would much rather have the writer give somewhat of a happy ending. I mean the whole point of the anime is to invoke the idea of change and how people have the ability to change. This is seen in all of the characters. They all feared change but change is just a part of life. At the same time this is a drama and like many of us have pointed out, maybe it won't be a happy ending for everyone...
Feb 7, 2014 12:12 AM

Apr 2013
That was a good episode. Finally they found Manaka.
Feb 7, 2014 1:26 AM

Mar 2013
FINALLY Manaka is back. I thought the "once something appears, something else is lost" line would mean Miuna would have to stay in the sea to replace her (or maybe this will be the end of the series, when she decides she'd rather Hikari and his group of friends were happy than be as selfish about this as she could be) but maybe not. Maybe it's literally just talking about her ena and is very unsubtle in that respect. Either way, I'm really glad to see Hikari still fighting for his love and protecting Manaka like he said he would.

I get the feeling Manaka's face in the ED is obscured because she's losing her ena and therefore her eyes will no longer be blue. It's also probably why they haven't opened yet - I'm predicting a dramatic reveal of big brown doe eyes or something.
Feb 7, 2014 2:15 AM
Oct 2013
This episode is creepy. The Shioshishio people hibernating gave me a Pompeii Volcano Explosion from don't know how long ago vibe. It's like they're buried alive or something.

And the sacrifice graveyard. It was creepy.

On other news, Manaka is back. Hoping for drama.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

652 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

431 by Redcher »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM

» Your emotions throughout?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

12 by mo_lave »»
Sep 26, 2023 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.