Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2015 2:00 PM

Jul 2009
Brad reminds me of Akuma haha so it was he and Cannon that started to make the dead alive.
And Lee is a traitor..
Oct 12, 2015 2:22 AM

Mar 2012
existentialist-j said:
Yeah, Blood War is a joke and his followers are more stupid than him. Other than that it is a solid show. We all knew sci-fi part was coming sooner or later.

It was good while it lasted : / Let's see how the show does from here on out.
Jul 21, 2017 2:11 AM

Jul 2008
So this is the beginning of the monster part of the show.
Sep 8, 2017 6:27 PM

Jun 2016
Please get out of my show right now Blood War. He's a zany cartoonish villain who has an actual evil laugh. He looked like a maniacal villain the second he left jail. He's never humanized this episode, every other character for the most part has had so many little moments and care put into humanizing them, he never once felt like a real person.
I praised this show on its moral ambiguity and cast and its grounded way to tackle themes such as violence and death, analyzing what they mean rather than focusing on them for rule of cool. Now I think I might of been entirely wrong, I really hope Blood War dies and is not a main antagonist, he goes against what the anime has been built on. And Lightening is making super soldiers out of dead bodies? I thought this was a grounded show. I know I skipped the first episode but jeez, so many red flags.
At the very least our doctor that Ladd kidnapped comes back into the show, I guess this has some foreshadowing...?
Nov 2, 2017 2:55 AM
Nov 2010
Another set of characters introduced out of nowhere for the plot to keep going. Not to mention the supernatural elements - just showing it in the first episode is not enough if you make the stuff before it fully realistic and then just suddenly switch. This Blood War guy and his killing of subordinates is pretty ridiculous and yet another of this show's attempts of rule of cool that ends up in an utter failure.

Cheers.
Nov 6, 2017 5:12 PM

Dec 2015
Can't believe they just stood there and willing got killed.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 14, 2018 11:07 PM
Jul 2017
So we get some new characters and a new story direction. Blood war is a lunatic and the super solider plot was something that I wasn't expecting from this anime, but I guess if you're trying to take down brandon and millennion you have to take things to the next level.

Not as enjoyable as the last episode but I'm interested to see what happens next.
May 27, 2019 12:07 PM
Dec 2014
Alas86 said:
Ok lets forget for a moment that those idiotic followers of Blood War just stood casually while he killed them one by one... what I really don't get is just how many bullets can that bastard's guns fire before he needs to reload them... I mean wth?

Okay, it was pretty clear they sacrificed themselves. Yeah seems stupid but there are people blowing themselves up for imaginary sky gods so whatevs.
Jun 18, 2020 3:26 PM

Mar 2016
I noticed Brandon has long hair now, did I missed a time skip or something?
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 19, 2021 12:45 AM

May 2020
el_morris said:
I noticed Brandon has long hair now, did I missed a time skip or something?

There was a timeskip in episode 7. It's been approximately 5+ years since the second episode.
Apr 14, 2023 4:00 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh yes I almost forgot about the monster stuff at the beginning, seems like that Blood War guy could be the next or the main antagonist of the series...
Sep 25, 2023 6:51 AM

Dec 2022
This guy's name is Blood War? You serious?

Whatever Vulcan and Lightning did to mutate that dog is probably what will eventually result in the Orgmen. Can't help but being intrigued at the innovations and realisations that come from these experiments.

Shaded Horizon

Mar 8, 10:34 PM
May 2017
You can see here Harry interested on learning the secret to get ahead; not to climb up Millennium without betraying them.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gungrave Episode 4 Discussion

cantius - Apr 10, 2009

31 by TruzenHilpom »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Gungrave Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cantius - Apr 18, 2009

73 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Yesterday, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Gungrave Episode 3 Discussion

Beatnik - Apr 9, 2009

30 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 11, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Gungrave Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tzuno - Jul 11, 2009

112 by Kayarbee70 »»
Apr 7, 6:14 PM

Poll: » Gungrave Episode 25 Discussion

Tzuno - Jul 11, 2009

31 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 3, 9:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.