Forum Settings
Forums

What was your first anime, and who introduced you?

Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
May 14, 2014 4:18 PM
Sanji Fangirl

Hello Kitty on japanese tv when i was 4 years old. Before pokemon and digimon started airing. (So hipster.)

May 14, 2014 4:57 PM

I'm not counting DBZ, Pokemon or YuGiOh because I never saw them as anime back when I was younger and everyone watched it, they were a staple of all childhoods. First thing I'd consider was Akira and Cat Soup and my uncle showed them to me when I was around 5. I was scarred for awhile.
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.

May 14, 2014 4:58 PM

About 7 years ago, my friend talked about her watching Inuyasha on adult swim and how cool she thought it was. Then that night we watched it on Adult Swim, and we got hooked and marathoned a whole bunch of episodes. It was pretty much my gateway anime. ^_^ btw, that friend is still my best friend currently and we still watch anime together. :)

May 14, 2014 5:06 PM

Sukitte Iinayo was my first anime. And nobody introduced me to it, I just found it when it was airing on some random website, so I decided to watch. I fell in love.
But well, if someone ask what was the first I ever ever watched... I could say Detective Conan, Dragon Ball or Saint Seiya with my brother 10 years ago but I didn't complete them, so I guess it doesn't count.

May 14, 2014 7:30 PM

Boku no Pico, some asshole on here told me about it.

May 14, 2014 10:19 PM

as a child ive always loved/watched naruto, but besides that the anime that got me into animes was Sousei no Aquarion idk it reminded me of mobile fighter g gundam that i used to watch as a kid. and then i got into other mechas like Kurogane no Linebarrels, which introduced me to ecchi... and yeah, here i am lol.

May 14, 2014 10:26 PM

If I say the age when I started watching yaoi, I'll get sewed by all the people who hate it, but JunJou Romantica was my first yaoi.
Ha. Ha. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.
I'm laughing because you got hurt.

May 14, 2014 10:41 PM
My mom used to put on Speed Racer when I was a baby. She said it relaxed me. I continued to enjoy Speed Racer in to my toddler years. Continuing on with the rest of the popular kiddy anime titles. Till Toonami days where I got even more interested in the medium and pursued it.

May 14, 2014 11:00 PM

i started watching anime seriously summmer last year........ not counting those long series ( naruto , etc.)
My friends told me about about SAO (which was awesome) then this got hooked on
watching more........................................

May 15, 2014 4:52 AM

Bleach. My brother introduced it to me when I was 10. I was under the impression that it had a dumbass name at time before watching, but I enjoyed the hell out it back then. Now, I can give no two shit about it.

May 15, 2014 4:54 AM

I saw something on tv about anime and their fans so I decided to watch anime. My first anime was Death Note, I found it on the internet in a list of top 10 anime. I decided to watch Death Note after I read what it was about. I totally loved it and never forget it.
Just Monika.

May 15, 2014 4:56 AM

My first anime was Dragonball z of course... no one really introduced it to me since it aired on cartoonnetwork. It was one of the great shows i use to watch from my childhood since all my friends from school and even my family got into it. So even if it has a few flaws to it DBZ will always be in my top 5 anime of all time because of the great memories i have with it
Be It 10 or 1000 Men, The End Result Will Be The Same..

May 15, 2014 5:50 AM

I think the first anime I watched was either digimon, Pokemon, or yugioh, but the anime that got me into anime was Steins;Gate, which I was introduced to by funimation's channel on YouTube when I was bored last summer.

May 15, 2014 5:59 AM

slaydere said:

The internet.

We've been through this, Avatar isn't an anime.....
The first anime I've watched was Gundam Seed. I just felt like watching anime one day, since I've seen stuff like Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, One piece, Naruto, and snippets of other anime. Never regretted my decision to watch anime.

May 15, 2014 8:12 AM

I watched an AMV of Angel Beats! and I tough "damn what is this?" so I watched It and after taking a break of 3 months because I was too depressed I started watching other Anime and here I am

May 15, 2014 8:14 AM
My first anime was Clannad...No one introduced me to anime - I had read manga before and thought I would give it a try :)

May 15, 2014 8:16 AM

Cartoon Network introduced me to Pokemon.

WTF? did the forum lay out change?
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"

May 15, 2014 8:22 AM
My first anime was Pokemon
The person who introduced me was the TV
I only read books i have already read

May 15, 2014 9:49 AM

Well, I watched Dragon ball as a child
But at that time I didn't differentiate between cartoon and anime
and I do read manga, but somewhat I always hate anime, because it's so related to misplaced ecchi-ness. I despised it

and so I thought

Until about a year ago, I stumble upon K-on from a funny picture sites where a user post some cute gif. from K-on!
So, I give it a try and I just fell in love with Yui voice actress and start to look more of her role. My list has spread ever since.
"Burn the heretics"

May 15, 2014 9:53 AM

I used to watch Yu-gi-oh, Pokemon, Naruto and Dragon ball

But what got me into watching anime was watching Death Note. And i think i saw a clip or something on youtube and decided to watch it. I had always loved watching tv-series like The vampire diaries, Gossip girl and whatever. But that stopped suddenly and i became addicted to anime instead.

Always though that made me special :3

May 15, 2014 9:56 AM

PremiumCascade said:
My first anime was Pokemon
The person who introduced me was the TV

What made me decide to be a full blown anime fan was the original FMA anime while Naruto was in its filler arc. The person who introduced me to Naruto was Toonami. The person who introduced me to FMA was the internet.

May 15, 2014 1:29 PM

Unfortunately, my first exposure to anime was Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland...

*sigh*

May 15, 2014 1:38 PM

My first anime (without counting pokemon and yugioh) was Bleach, introduced by my sister.

May 15, 2014 2:06 PM

First few Anime would've been Digimon, Yu-gi-oh and Shin-chan. First real Anime I consciously watched would be Fairy Tail which was introduced to me by a vietnamese friend of mine when it first started.

May 15, 2014 2:12 PM

The first anime I watched was Love Hina. I watched it after reading the manga.

May 15, 2014 2:39 PM

We're not counting all these shows seen in childhood unconsciously, right?
So I guess it was EF franchise advised to me by my old buddy.

May 15, 2014 3:03 PM

Besides Pokemon, the first actual anime that I watched was Rurouni Kenshin which I started watching on Toonami because my dad would watch it. One of my favs till now ^_^

May 15, 2014 4:57 PM
X/1999 by Clamp.

I was watching tv and i saw this anime... it was pretty interesting and intense so i looked it up online and finished watching it in 2 days. Got me hooked to anime shows.

First anime i ever watched though was DB LOL. But i was a kid back then and i didn't even know it was an Anime.
"Only one thing is equal for all, and that is death."

May 15, 2014 7:34 PM

The first time I don't think anyone introduced me. I can't really remember the first one I ever watched, but I remember the first ones. Some of my siblings would watch stuff like Naruto, One Piece, and Dragon Ball on TV, because thats what was usually on, I didn't really watch it with them because I didn't get what was going on.

But what got me into anime recently, is when several years ago, me and my sisters watched Ouran Highschool Host Club, and Big Windup.
So basically my sister introduced me to anime.
"It's time for beatin' the homeless to the oldies!"

- Hajime Muroto.

May 15, 2014 10:37 PM

Technically it'd have to be pokemon. I actually didn't care for pokemon when it first came out, I remember when it did. I was browsing the VHS section of Walmart, and saw pokemon and I wondered what it was. Then I proceeded to pick up a rugrats tape and this old lady I knew bought it for me.

Fast forward maybe a few weeks or months, and a class mate in 3rd grade brought in a pokemon tape, and we watched it during one of our free days. It was the episode with the SS Anne, after that I had decided that pokemon was pretty cool and started to get into it like everyone else at the time.

After that I started watching Toonami a lot more, and back then the block would come on right as I got out of school, I'd watch DBZ and I had a small clique of friends that I would hangout with at school and we'd mess around acting like we were DBZ characters or we would talk about the newest episode. My friend who was kind of the leader of our little group, she used to be able to access Japanese subbed episodes so she would watch them before they came out over here.

After that I started watching Inuyasha and the adultswim line up, and certain events after that led me into the world of online anime, which I've been watching since I've been into anime. I have a long story about how I got introduced into a wide variety of anime, but I'm not going to get into that right now.

Funny how things work though, because now I can't stand DBZ, just looking at the series makes me cringe. I can't stand the series, I completely and utterly loathe the series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 15, 2014 10:39 PM

Pokemon, but I didn't really it was anime, the first show I was cognizant it was Japanese animation was Yu Yu Hakusho, and I introduced myself, or rather I saw it on Toonami.

May 16, 2014 3:22 AM
The first anime series I watched, excluding Pokemon since I was just a kid at the time, was Naruto. I was just bored one day and looked for something interesting to watch.

May 16, 2014 4:08 AM

First anime was probably Pokemon but I didn't see It as anime. The first anime that I saw as an anime was Mononoke Hime and It got me into It. First time I watched Mononoke Hime was in 2003, I was 9 or 10 back then, a friend introduced It to me.

May 16, 2014 4:55 AM
Naruto (Dub) & Cartoon Network

May 16, 2014 11:26 AM

First anime would have to be Saint Seiya. My friend Ivan introduced me to it.

May 18, 2014 5:13 AM

I forgot, I already watch anime when I still 7.

May 21, 2014 7:18 AM

First anime on the internet: Soul Eater
First anime on TV: Shin-chen (or Shin-chan, I dont really know)

May 21, 2014 10:14 AM

Moomin, nobody introduced me, every Finnish kid has watched the show or read one of the books. It's damn good.

May 21, 2014 10:40 AM

My first anime was Pokemon.

No one introduced me to it, I just watched it whenever it aired in TV.

If you're talking about current anime, my first was K-On, and again it was through my own accord.

May 21, 2014 10:49 AM

When I was about 12 I caught the last 2/3rds of Akira one night. Haven't watched it again since, maybe I should though. I also ended up catching random episodes of FMA, Yu Gi Oh and Pokemon. I think I once saw an episode of Bleach.

After I stopped watching kids' cartoon channels I never saw another bit of anime until I decided to watch Evangelion last year. The process that got me there after having not cared at all about anime before then was a convoluted roundabout web surf one night involving the Mass Effect 3 ending and tvtropes.org.
Anyone who doesn't hate anime hasn't watched enough anime.
- Anonymous

May 21, 2014 11:39 AM

The first anime I ever actually watched was either Pokémon or Zoids: New Century. Once I found out other shows aired on [adult swim] besides Futurama and Family Guy, well... here's the order which I remember seeing them:

1) InuYasha
2) Lupin III
3) Detective Conan/Case Closed
4) Fullmetal Alchemist (2003)

Add me on Last.fm

May 26, 2014 2:53 PM

Pokemon. Watched it in the late 90s and early 2000s. After that, I watched more shows like Naruto, One Piece, and Dragonball Z.

May 26, 2014 4:13 PM

Inuyasha, I first saw it on Adult Swim when I woke up really early and wanted to see was on.

May 26, 2014 4:29 PM

my first anime was pokemon but im not going to count that because i was so young an didnt know what anime was at the time so i first got introduced to anime by my older sister 6 years ago to an anime called bleach an it was dubbed as my sister didnt like subs i later re-watched the series subbed

May 26, 2014 4:36 PM

the earliest i can remember would be
http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=7752
don't know if this can even count...

May 26, 2014 4:40 PM

Naruto was the only one that really got me into anime but I havent seen that many, even up to now, just like 4-6 I think

My first is really hard, it would either have to be Inuyasha, Pokemom, Digimon, or Naruto

May 26, 2014 5:00 PM

I don't remember what my first anime is. I found it myself. Many animes aired on Indonesian TV channel since i was 5 years old up until now i think, a lot of anime, like Samurai X, Saint Seiya, dragon ball, gundam wing, etc.

May 26, 2014 5:01 PM

My dad got me into anime. I watched a lot of movies, and started playing the Pokemon card game. Then, when I got my own TV when I was around 11-12, where I discovered Inuyasha and others.

May 26, 2014 5:03 PM
Soul Eater was my first anime. I was introduced to it by Blair's boobs.

May 26, 2014 11:50 PM

Kaibutsu Ojou ( Princess Resurrection ) . My big bro made me watch it and it turned out that it was a really good series , and because of that I came to love anime ^o^

Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »