Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2009 3:53 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
This is so frikkin' depressing! The random bits of humour in-between were annoying, too.
*groan* It was unreasonable for me to hope for a happy ending. -_-

Please tell me the Tomoyo After game doesn't end like this.
Jun 5, 2009 1:34 AM

Oct 2008
Happy Ending..

I wonder if the game was like this.. Maybe, I should start it sometimes this week or the next. If I am not mistaken, there are multiple paths and endings which means that if Tomoya picks a different girl, he won't die. However, I will most likely pick Tomoyo.^^
Jun 6, 2009 2:30 AM
Apr 2009
Okay, I now see why people like Tomoyo so much.
Jul 17, 2009 5:01 PM

Jan 2009
Baaww now I'm getting all weepy-eyed here >.> I can only think of 3 things that has teared my eyes for like.. almost my whole life, at least since I stopped crying when I was a baby. one of those 3 is this one, but even more was the ova for the anime adaption.. oh wait the Tomoyo arc ending in the Clannad game also gave me a few tears.. so 4 things have done that, last was a certain part in Ef - A Tale of Melodies xD

oh and btw @ Kira01,
Kira01 said:
I wonder if the game was like this.. Maybe, I should start it sometimes this week or the next. If I am not mistaken, there are multiple paths and endings which means that if Tomoya picks a different girl, he won't die. However, I will most likely pick Tomoyo.^^
assuming you haven't started it yet, (not very likely though) and that you're talking about the original Clannad game, don't worry he won't die in it ^^
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 15, 2009 9:35 AM

May 2009
So I thought to myself,"Damn, there's no translations for Tomoyo After, I am screwed."

Then there came the Tomoyo After manga, I was ecstatic.

Then there came the ending.

UGH.

I wish I was patient enough to just shut up, stay put, not get spoiled and play the more complete game instead. EFFFFFFFF. I would've cried 5x worse in the game I would bet. I played the Love Song (Tomoyo After OST) piano version while reading it, with the game even having Takafumi's actual face, I suppose this manga does not hold a candle or two against the game.

I piss myself a lot by doing things like this. And with the reading of the manga I now re-lit my flames of desire of KyoAni animating Tomoyo After. It's worth over 9000 more times the anime goodness than the Haruhi movie they're working on, released a year+ later. Oh joy, a Haruhi movie, 1+ years later. I am overjoyed.
Nov 10, 2009 10:23 AM

Oct 2008
Time to time again i read this manga and never fails to make me cry.. Its just shows how much Tomoyo is strong both inside and outside.. She stayed with Tomoya for 3 years and he keeps on forgetting everything every 10 days but she doesn't leave him..Because she believes in eternal love...

A bittersweet ending <3 aww... =,)

Dec 18, 2009 12:22 PM

Jan 2009
OH GREAT..
I just happened to stumble across the link in my favorites to this manga again, and then all those feelings from when I read it slammed me right in the face.. Again. D:
.. I gotta go do something funny do get out of this moody atmosphere now >.>
Still, it was one of the best stories I've ever read, considering how short it was.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 8, 2010 9:27 PM
Aug 2008
wait wait wait
after i read the manga , if tomoya have chose tomoyo route in clannad season 1 (anime) he will evertulli die at the end right?
damn that suck
why tomoyo has to have a sad ending god that suck
Feb 15, 2010 4:10 PM

Sep 2008
Am I the only one who didn't like it that much? Tomoyo was so out of her character and it didn't feel like Clannad to me at all D:
Feb 16, 2010 5:14 AM

Feb 2009
lol out of character? maybe....but i think it's more like this is her real character

i gotta say that this series is great, well i don't like the ending though.
Apr 7, 2010 2:53 PM

Jun 2009
Damn, I just finished this and had mixed emotions. I didn't like the ending. I'm a sucker for good endings and I am not really satisfied with the normal cliches where "people lives in their hearts" and "become strong" after somebody dies.

I became teary eyed after reading this. Happy yet depressed.
May 21, 2010 10:09 AM

Oct 2009
Such a great manga! But... why Tomoya had to die?
Jul 15, 2010 11:56 AM

Feb 2010
jeez man killing off tomoya just cuz he chooses the tomoyo. where does he get a tumor from?
Jul 16, 2010 3:33 AM

Jan 2009
checkdafool said:
where does he get a tumor from?
Fuko planted it there, clearly.
Jul 23, 2010 7:59 PM

Mar 2010
wait.. so was this the actual ending of the vn? or just a BAD END?
Jul 29, 2010 12:54 AM

Jul 2009
TruRhythm said:
wait.. so was this the actual ending of the vn? or just a BAD END?

It is a Key visual novel, maybe this is the actual GOOD END of the novel.
Still, I don't understand where the tumor came from...
KyunVampireGirlJul 29, 2010 1:01 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2011 9:41 AM

May 2008
I like sad endings, but the car accident was so random. 7/10 Still way better than Clannad: After Story ending.
Mar 21, 2011 3:54 AM

Jul 2010
Kira01 said:
Happy Ending..

Jul 21, 2011 5:44 PM
Jul 2011
Wow...wished for a diff ending but you know its clannad =/
Tomoyo is still my fav character ^^
Jul 21, 2011 9:25 PM

Jul 2011
Good ending, but KEY stop with the killing off of awesome characters, kay? Shit gets old.
Jul 24, 2011 12:22 PM

Nov 2007
This is the true end.
Sep 13, 2012 8:22 AM

Sep 2011
Although I already finished reading this way back, this one is so heart-wrenching despite it's a manga since I never tried reading mangas that contains drama or such sad stories. I really feel sorry for Tomoyo.

FlashFumo said:

Please tell me the Tomoyo After game doesn't end like this.

Unfortunately, yes. The game ended where Tomoya dies. And it shouldn't be "Good End" but it's a "True End".

Sep 27, 2012 8:32 AM

Sep 2011
Done playing Tomoyo After.

Damn, the manga version is better than game. What I only like in the game is Tomoya's resolution with his dad even Tomoya has an amnesia.

Oct 2, 2012 8:26 PM

Jan 2012
Done playing it... It kinda pissed me off since there are a lot of H teasers where Takufumi ruins the scene.. and there's also a decision set that leads to a bad end but required to get all the CG's...

and I kinda agree with one person's comment... why kill of Tomoya? tsk... I thought I landed in a bad end... but I guess it was the true end.

Key really loves to play with people's heartstrings...
Dec 20, 2012 3:09 AM
May 2009
Tomoyo After VN spoiler question
Dec 29, 2012 8:22 PM
Jul 2012
Dang Tomoya dies.Sad that have to happen.
Quite dumb ending. But I fine with it.
Best relationship ever.
9/10
Feb 16, 2013 11:57 AM

Sep 2011
Flare77 said:
Done playing it... It kinda pissed me off since there are a lot of H teasers where Takufumi ruins the scene.. and there's also a decision set that leads to a bad end but required to get all the CG's...

To reach the eroge quota. And that dilemma event which that leads to Bad End if you choose the H-scene totally destroys Tomoyo's character. Which is why I began to hate Tomoyo so much. Her character in the game is so horrible and the game itself is just average.

Apr 18, 2013 7:28 AM

Oct 2012
is there anyone played tomoyo after memorial edition? i heard that its ending kinda different from ero version?

on topic: the worst possible pairing...

Oct 5, 2013 10:53 PM

Aug 2012
Read this after finishing the visual novel. I didn't like some of the comedy bits in this chapter. I prefer the VN, but overall it was still good.
Nov 6, 2013 11:34 PM

Oct 2013
I cried.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 13, 2014 3:32 AM

Jun 2013
First, I dont know, why all of you think Tomoya died? Theres no sentence at the ending, where they clearly announce that hes dead.
Also, the picture where Tomoyo helps a man with his rehabilitation. Did you ever think about Tomoya being that guy? He went through a surgery at his brain and the mentioned man´s head was bandaged. I think, thats a hint that his surgery went well after all that disbelieve.

And to answer the question, how he did get his tumor. I think it happened when he built the school. When he went to the dump to find more usefull things , he slided and hit his head. Its the only possible reason besides getting it "normally".
Mar 14, 2014 11:09 PM

Jan 2013
To the post above me, it clearly shows his marked gravestone in the manga.

I am so glad that I found this manga. For whatever reason, I recently played the original Tomoyo After VN. I recently started getting into VN's and after I played through Tomoyo's arc in Clannad, I moved on to the Afterstory VN. The VN was horribly depressing, even more so than this manga adaptation. In the VN Tomoya is severely brain damaged after the surgery. With great difficulty he manages to say only a single word to her, "Tomoyo".

After that she talks about how they face the difficult times ahead together, but even that is short lived. He dies immediately after witnessing a beautiful sunset with her. You never find out what happens to Tomo either. In the manga he gets to at least tell her all those things at the end, and you get to see that Tomo is doing well. This way feels like there's at least somewhat of a bitter-sweet ending here, the way the VN ended can only be described as tragic.
Sep 29, 2014 1:56 AM

Jan 2012
Why did I read this thread again?

I intentionally deleted everything Tomoyo-after related in my brain T___T

And yes LostSpectre is right. Even if it wasn't announced, Tomoya dies at the last part of the VN as explained when the CGs suddenly stop showing him and the mood goes to dramatic hopeful. It's a bittersweet end that Maeda loves to do but this time he one-upped it by killing off Tomoya. All in all I agree that the H bits in this game are SO OUT OF PLACE as it breaks Tomoyo's character.
Mar 9, 2015 3:46 PM
Mar 2015
I enjoyed it. Just like the manga and anime. Still sobbed though. Im glad to just experience this. I didnt realize a anime could make me cry so much and think about my life in such a way.
Jun 14, 2015 5:27 PM

Aug 2014
This chapter saved this manga. Chapters 1-2 were ok, 3 was bad, but this chapter 4 is great. I like how it has shown talk of Tomoyo - Tomoya after his surgery that was one of things I missed in VN. and big Tomo? lol :D

Still, I hoped for happy ending in this manga as different universe where he doesn't die.
In VN I think he

Also this manga lacked this powerful emotions that you can feel in VN..
VN is much better than this manga.
Thyriad-oPPailovJun 14, 2015 5:48 PM
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jul 7, 2015 4:04 AM

Jan 2014
I didn't really like it.
The idea was nice, though :)
Aug 7, 2021 12:29 AM

Dec 2009
What a shitty ending and odd development of the story.
I don't like this route/ending of Tomoyo's arc. 4/10.
Mar 23, 8:34 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to waalex11
What a shitty ending and odd development of the story.
I don't like this route/ending of Tomoyo's arc. 4/10.
@waalex11 bro, there is two series Tomoyo After and Dearest . Which one of them is real? I mean are all of them same?

More topics from this board

» The correct method to read chapter 4

GiantQAACSleier - May 4, 2019

0 by GiantQAACSleier »»
May 4, 2019 5:56 PM

» 10 Years

AceMin - Feb 6, 2017

6 by rick1-2 »»
Sep 20, 2017 2:09 PM

Poll: » Tomoyo After Chapter 3 Discussion

hznu - Dec 30, 2008

6 by FeSTiNaLeNTe »»
Jul 7, 2015 12:55 AM

Poll: » Tomoyo After Chapter 2 Discussion

TechDragon - Sep 9, 2008

7 by FeSTiNaLeNTe »»
Jul 7, 2015 12:17 AM

Poll: » Tomoyo After Chapter 1 Discussion

TechDragon - Sep 9, 2008

8 by FeSTiNaLeNTe »»
Jul 7, 2015 12:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.